Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008002 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related news thread
« Reply #1440 on: March 26, 2016, 11:29:37 am »

Why would anyone attack Belgium?  the only evil thing about Belgium is that their chockolate  tastes like it is made from mix of poo, dead roaches and urine.
After this attack this is the first time Belgium even appears in news. Belgium is so insignificant, that you can just leave it as blank space on europe map.
Relevant.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: March 26, 2016, 01:23:03 pm »

There is some strange irony in how american politics on the east blows up nato members

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: March 26, 2016, 06:23:58 pm »

I still don't see any mention of that dead security guard on other websites, but reading the DH's own article they do mention that security services apparently tried to hush things up, so it's possible the other website are just better at respecting instructions than the DH. And before you go about the Lügenpresse protecting muslims or whatever, keep in mind that if the info in that article is true, they suspect the badge was stolen, but they deactivated it. So now they just have to wait for the killer to show up at the plant with a non-working badge and catch him there, so it make sense not to publicize the fact that they're aware it was stolen and planned for it.

Thanks for ruining everything again DH.
I know that feeling...
Now imagine that kind of journalists during a war. They happily disclose military secrets and then scream about freedom of speech.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: March 27, 2016, 10:05:03 am »

I still don't see any mention of that dead security guard on other websites, but reading the DH's own article they do mention that security services apparently tried to hush things up, so it's possible the other website are just better at respecting instructions than the DH. And before you go about the Lügenpresse protecting muslims or whatever, keep in mind that if the info in that article is true, they suspect the badge was stolen, but they deactivated it. So now they just have to wait for the killer to show up at the plant with a non-working badge and catch him there, so it make sense not to publicize the fact that they're aware it was stolen and planned for it.

Nah, it turned out most of the story was false.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: March 27, 2016, 11:17:27 am »

I know that feeling...
Now imagine that kind of journalists during a war. They happily disclose military secrets and then scream about freedom of speech.

That actually happened?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: March 27, 2016, 11:21:54 am »

Did you notice his name? #CaptainObvious
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: March 27, 2016, 11:49:58 am »

Sure it happened. Nowadays it is not as common but in 2014\early 2015 we had a lot of stuff like "Unit X arrived to city Y" or "unit Z has no enough anti-tank weapons" or "enemy artillery strike was successful and we lost that that many soldiers and such equipment" in open press.

Should anyone criticize them for doing so they go "Corrupt military officials want to shut our mouths to hide how bad our army is!" mode.

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: March 27, 2016, 04:47:09 pm »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: March 27, 2016, 07:37:55 pm »

Sure it happened. Nowadays it is not as common but in 2014\early 2015 we had a lot of stuff like "Unit X arrived to city Y" or "unit Z has no enough anti-tank weapons" or "enemy artillery strike was successful and we lost that that many soldiers and such equipment" in open press.

Should anyone criticize them for doing so they go "Corrupt military officials want to shut our mouths to hide how bad our army is!" mode.
Eh. Yeah. Problem is that when you don't let anyone report on the war, no one's there to speak up about the crimes. Least not if the soldiers are well trained.

Either way you run it, someone's boned.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: March 28, 2016, 07:24:08 am »

It almost seems like war is awful all around. Never would have guessed.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: March 28, 2016, 08:03:01 am »

Eh. Yeah. Problem is that when you don't let anyone report on the war, no one's there to speak up about the crimes. Least not if the soldiers are well trained.

Either way you run it, someone's boned.

Reporting in the war is possible. Just give a few days for units to relocate before running your news story, or keep detailed position out of your article.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: March 28, 2016, 08:55:51 am »

The most delicate thing is reporting own causalities. Sure, no one wants to be Russia who don't care about their own dead but immediate reporting of causalities is an idiocy bordering treason.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: March 28, 2016, 12:32:25 pm »

*posting this is probably a very bad idea, but well, here goes*
EDIT: It was a bad idea. Putting all under the spoiler, to avoid polluting the "friendly and polite" space.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:31:07 pm by Sergarr »
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: March 28, 2016, 12:49:02 pm »

Oh, Sergarr, I love you. With Knit Tie departing from the Eurothread, I was afraid we wouldn't have a Putinbot here anymore. :) But you deliver.

"because, as we know by this point, Ukraine has never actually won an engagement with Russian forces in which the Russian forces wanted to win"

Such a great statement! Cannot be disproved, because any engagement won by Ukraine would just be one you didn't really want to win anyway. <3

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: March 28, 2016, 01:02:42 pm »

EDIT: continuing the cleansement of the thread
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 03:31:58 pm by Sergarr »
._.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 793