Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002212 times)

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4530 on: January 04, 2017, 05:57:43 am »

Are you advocating violence?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: January 04, 2017, 06:27:15 am »

That's the core of the issue. It'd be inhumane not to help them, but once they're here thay cannot be deported (they come with no document and origin country won't take them back), they won't integrate and they will brew hate and resentement for being sold lies about the life in Europe.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:25 am »

@Americans: You also have to remember that a lot of migrants are purely economic in nature since they can come here and live off welfare and send the money back home. Sometimes they even claim for the kids they have back home on our welfare system.

The UK media / government claims there's no fraud in the system (or if it is, it's minimal) but you can't detect fraud anyway so they essentially make up those statistics.

As an example of a common fraud method, when I was in college I knew a guy from Liberia who was integrating pretty nicely. He was a nice enough fella all round. He told me he went from welfare office to welfare office, gave each a new name, got a new National Insurance number and then collected £50 from each every week. It was a total of about 10 offices that he managed in a single trip so about £500 weekly, £2000 monthly (which was about $3500 a month at that point, for a day's "work" a week).

He was also getting free college tuition from the government and wore very nice clothing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It sounds like the problem is caused by a lack of inter-office coordination; the problem listed could be fixed if one office worked with the other.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: January 04, 2017, 08:23:10 am »

ISIS claiming benefits in Europe I'm dying lmao  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm dying like Western civilization  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Oh for fucks sake. So what exactly does giving benefits to your citizens have to do with 'Europe is dying'?
Screaming I'm dying lmao at every thing involving Syria or general EU whateverness is getting a bit old. You are fully capable of writing more constructive shitposts. <3

I'm not surprised some benefits make it to Syria. There's lots of unemployed everywhere receiving benefits.
So how would you have prevented this? Employ a civil inspector on a 1:1 basis for every person receiving benefits that is not 100% Swedish-Aryan, to spy on them  24/7 so they don't go to a foreign country with their benefits?

Or would you rather just change the law so that coloured people and jews can no longer get benefits?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 08:24:47 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4535 on: January 04, 2017, 08:43:45 am »

ISIS claiming benefits in Europe I'm dying lmao  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm dying like Western civilization  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Oh for fucks sake. So what exactly does giving benefits to your citizens have to do with 'Europe is dying'?
Screaming I'm dying lmao at every thing involving Syria or general EU whateverness is getting a bit old. You are fully capable of writing more constructive shitposts. <3

I'm not surprised some benefits make it to Syria. There's lots of unemployed everywhere receiving benefits.
So how would you have prevented this? Employ a civil inspector on a 1:1 basis for every person receiving benefits that is not 100% Swedish-Aryan, to spy on them  24/7 so they don't go to a foreign country with their benefits?

Or would you rather just change the law so that coloured people and jews can no longer get benefits?
This is what Europeans actually believe ahahaha

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: January 04, 2017, 08:50:36 am »

Martinuz, it's not like it would be hard for security services to check off their lists of people fighting for Syria to the lists of people receiving state benefits.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4537 on: January 04, 2017, 08:52:29 am »

Martinuz, it's not like it would be hard for security services to check off their lists of people fighting for Syria to the lists of people receiving state benefits.
Nah fam, fuck having laws and borders and shit, that's for Nazis

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4538 on: January 04, 2017, 09:20:05 am »

Danes should now prosecute themselves for supporting terrorism.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4539 on: January 04, 2017, 09:23:46 am »

Not at all, just saying that's the only real solution for a country to control it's borders. Also, is saying we should go to war advocating violence?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: January 04, 2017, 09:27:01 am »

Not at all, just saying that's the only real solution for a country to control it's borders. Also, is saying we should go to war advocating violence?

So you think it's a war now?

You do know what the word "advocate" means, right?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4541 on: January 04, 2017, 09:27:09 am »

True, but it is very hard to check the list of everyone recieving state benefits to see if any of them are travelling to Syria.
Basically what you said happened now. People fighting in Syria made it to the security services list, and are now losing their benefits.

Ofcourse you could do what Belgium used to do: Make people recieving benefits report to the social welfare office once a week, or every day. I think Belgium got rid of that though, probably because of excessive overhead costs. (Is 'stempelen' still a thing, Sheb?)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:29:22 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #4542 on: January 04, 2017, 10:06:45 am »

So you think it's a war now?

You do know what the word "advocate" means, right?

I'm trying to work out what the hell he means by "advocating violence".

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4543 on: January 04, 2017, 10:49:22 am »

"Any means necessary" is a very dangerous phrase, better to define exactly what your limits are from the start so you don't slippery slope into sinking Germany beneath the waves or turn into literal Hitler

Besides I like this Europe more, it has way more banter. Moreover I reckon you don't actually need all that much force, as a murder wall is expensive and targets poorly. Deploy military force against the human traffickers, destroy their boats and supplies of boats, that's the job done and you can do the rest with regular judicial system and border control, thus allowing you to not go full nazi, retard or some variation in between. This allows nations like Sweden and Germany to have their refugees, have their refugees be refugees, let the rest of the Europeans not get beheaded, whilst also not being a brutalitarian catastrophe or suicidal floppiness

It is useful to remind everyone that there are more than two options. We do not have to choose between filling the Med with sea mines or saying fuck laws and borders and shit.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4544 on: January 04, 2017, 11:06:25 am »

Seed the border with tentacle monsters
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 793