Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008350 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #4875 on: February 17, 2017, 08:10:57 pm »

The only thing I'm not familiar with is the reasoning behind the verdict, but the rest is true.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: February 18, 2017, 02:12:51 am »

Pedophiles around the world cancel their holidays to Thailand and Brasil and flock to Sweden instead.

Sadly, something similar is the case in the Netherlands. Children over age 16 that arrive married will not be separated from their husbands. But not 14. Or 12. Dem Swedes be insane.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 02:14:29 am by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: February 18, 2017, 07:47:08 am »

Folks, if you look at the legislation in Western Europe you'll notice that marriage at 16 is legal in many states here, and that marriage at 14 was legal until just a couple years ago. (With consent of the parents, but still.)

Not that I don't think it's twisted to marry a 14-year-old - but this is hardly the case of 'child-rapin' refugees shitting all over our Western values and the courts going along with it' that some make it out to be.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: February 18, 2017, 08:16:12 am »

She was married between 10 and 12, not 14.

And you have to be 18 to be married in Sweden because you need to be of age and legally responsible for yourself.

This is literally the case of child-raping refugees shitting all over Swedish values and culture and the courts going along with it.

This isn't the only case either. Because of how overwhelmed the government was by migrant wave the other year, roughly 130 child brides has been allowed to be placed with their rapists instead of properly taken care of.

And lastly. Whatever arse backwards customs are allowed in the rest of Europe isn't of relevance here. This isn't some fucked up canton in Schweiz that just allowed women to vote two decades ago, this is bloody Sweden we're talking about.
Love, scriver~

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: February 18, 2017, 08:26:45 am »

Yea its so liberal in Sweden that racists spawned all over the country in the past 20 years.
Outrightly calling ALL of these child marriages a rape situation is one of the highest level of ignorance one can attain.
By imposing your believes of anything on a different mindset you are nothing but a autocrat.
The issue with children being married is in each case to be viewed individually as the situation is different for everyone.
There are cases where it was completely natural for two 14 year olds to marry in countries abroad, if you want to remain
a democracy you must protect the individual freedoms of each subject within the democratic territories.
If you want less immigrants in your country start investing in companies that actually work fairly with third world nations instead of
supporting exploitation companies.

Edit: That site you posted: speisa.com has been criticized for being a publisher of fake news too, so what are you trying to do? I am starting to believe that you are
partaking in a hatespeech/anti-islam propaganda campaign.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 08:32:36 am by Detoxicated »

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: February 18, 2017, 08:35:32 am »

I think here it might also be a teeny tiny bit of an issue with a Russian-supported dictator with a penchant for population engineering and hordes of jihadists chopping off body parts left and right. And those didn't come out of nowhere either. 'It's the West's fault' is a bit of an easy answer.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: February 18, 2017, 08:50:32 am »

Yeah because it's all Russia's fault

I mean, they're all using Russian weapons and Russian genocidal tactics, how dense you have to be to not see the true cause of all problems in Middle East
._.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: February 18, 2017, 08:53:29 am »

Jihadist terrorism is funded by saudia arabia for the most part, a country the entire West supports by throwing money for oil at them, as well as even going so far as that we are giving them weapons and weapon factories. Germany has made some great weapons deals in the past decade with them. The saudia arabians promote a form of islam that is very strict and conservative. An islam taking every word of the Quran word for word, while there is other law schools that are actually quite liberal and also focused on making people use their rationality and such. I am not saying that the West is the only culprit, but they sure as hell have their hands in it.

Also Ethiopia, a country where many people in these waves of refugees are coming from. The UN has foreseen the humanitarian crisis that struck the country for the last 5 years, yet nobody reacted to their prediction, not even the UN itself. So the countries that are now complaining about too many refugees should have acted before so they wouldnt have these problems nowadays.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: February 18, 2017, 09:12:30 am »

I'm not sure if this news story is real, I've got an instinctual reaction of skepticism against websites I've never heard of having outrageous anger inducing articles with no citations (PPedit: Oh wait, it does have citations, the same color text in my browser as the rest of the text, but they are in sweedish, so I have no idea what's going on except I think I've managed to gather that the man was 21? Or 12. Something like that.)

But damn, if it's real, no I don't think you can just say "Cultural relativism!" and leave it at that. "Case by case" doesn't really work as a basis for establishing laws to protect children from predators, you can't just throw up your hands and say "Culture" in order to allow terrible shit to keep happening, it should be stomped out asap, doesn't matter if it's foreign or domestic. I mean, just imagine a native Swedish family doing this and claiming it was their "culture".

Also wow Detoxicated. You're really going off the handle there, even if Speisa is a fake news site and this is just anti-islam propaganda, at worst you could say people who are speaking out against it have been duped, not that they themselves are partaking in some hideous crusade, at least in an active way. This is a pretty shocking and terrible thing, some anger should be expected even if it's fake. And a few others things:

Outrightly calling ALL of these child marriages a rape situation is one of the highest level of ignorance one can attain.

Doesn't matter, because they shouldn't be allowed if they are "appropriate" or not because it's more important to prevent child rape situations then it is to preserve child marriages.

By imposing your believes of anything on a different mindset you are nothing but a autocrat.

Honestly, society is all about forcing beliefs onto other people, that's what laws are. That's how society works. There's a line to be draw there, and maybe even fiddled with and pushed back and forth. Child marriages and pedophilia are way way past that line.

The issue with children being married is in each case to be viewed individually as the situation is different for everyone.

Too bad, the situation is different for people, but you still have to rule by whatever set of principles are likely to create the greatest good and prevent the greatest harm. Making it so adults can't fuck kids is one of those set of principles, even if the kid is "especially mature" making special cases exceptions just weakens the laws for what seems to be pretty spurious gain. It's hard for me to even imagine what gain could actually be had here, but to play devils advocate (this isn't really proper devil advocate really since I'm not actually arguing against what I think, but I just had to sorta adopt that mindset to imagine a healthy sexual relationship between an adult and a kid) even if there was something like an acceptable pedophilic relationship it failing because of laws would be a minor shame, an unacceptable relationship of such sort succeeding is a great tragedy. It's really not at all close to even in the cost benefits analysis.

There are cases where it was completely natural for two 14 year olds to marry in countries abroad

I'm not sure what you mean by natural here, everything is natural in one way or the other. That doesn't mean we should allow it. And to be honest kids marrying adults is probably a bigger issue then kids marrying kids, but neither should be allowed.

if you want to remain  a democracy you must protect the individual freedoms of each subject within the democratic territories.

There's a limit to that in all societies, even in democracies. You need to have laws and rules, which by their nature limit freedoms. Laws not allowing pedophiles to fuck kids is in my opinion a fair enough loss of freedom.

If you want less immigrants in your country start investing in companies that actually work fairly with third world nations instead of

This one I actually agree with so I figured I'd add a little blurb here.

But Russia
But Russia (maybe sarcastically?)

I'm not really sure what the whataboutism here is for or even how it's connected to this issue. Even if this was all a Russian plot and every actor within it are Russian spies planted into Sweden to bring down their society it wouldn't change the fact that this is an issue that Sweden should solve.

Edit 2: Ohhhh, is it not. What about Russia, but rather blaming Russia for the immigrants? Sorry, I misunderstood if that's the case and only got it after I posted.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 09:16:22 am by Criptfeind »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: February 18, 2017, 09:24:11 am »

Yea its so liberal in Sweden that racists spawned all over the country in the past 20 years.
There are cases where it was completely natural for two 14 year olds to marry in countries abroad, if you want to remain
a democracy you must protect the individual freedoms of each subject within the democratic territories.

Children should not enter marriages. This is not an issue where "each case should be viewed individually". Child marriages should not be allowed. It is not allowed in Sweden. It should not be accepted just because some random family arrived here from a place where it is. Not accepting child marriages does not in the least put Sweden in risk of "not remaining a democracy".

Edit: That site you posted: speisa.com has been criticized for being a publisher of fake news too, so what are you trying to do? I am starting to believe that you are
partaking in a hatespeech/anti-islam propaganda campaign.

I didn't post that link.  But sure, here is an article from the local newspaper abour it, though it is behind a paywall.

I want you understand this though. You are literally saying that criticizing child marriages is partaking in a "hatespeech/anti-islam" campaign. I don't how words for how fucked up that kind of viewpoint is.

I'm not sure if this news story is real, I've got an instinctual reaction of skepticism against websites I've never heard of having outrageous anger inducing articles

It is real. I can take a photo of the above pay-walled article from the physical paper if you want, but it will still be in Swedish.
Love, scriver~

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: February 18, 2017, 09:26:54 am »

just dissolve the marriage and let them re-marriage when they are old enough.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: February 18, 2017, 10:45:59 am »

I was referring to your use of calling these nations backwards and also referring to all of these instances as rape. If you were wiser in the choosing of your words I would have taken less offense from them. The term child is a subjective one. 150 Years ago it was common to be an adult with 27, some countries state that you are of legal age with 21 some 18, some 16, and I imagine that the countries where such young marriage is allowed they believe adulthood to begin when girls have their first period. Therefore your sentiments on age and childhood are merely subjective. I do not like these marriage situations myself, but to outright call ALL of them a rape situation is just ignorant. Not every muslim family in those countries are assholes, I believe more people are actually genuinely nice people with different education than people here. If the judge allowed this kind of thing, he will have a good reason for it as he is hired by the state to decide on such issues. He is bound by the law-system of his country and cannot derrive from it. Furthermore child marriage has not been legalized in this case, he merely stated an exception to the common rules because it was necessary in his eyes. I do not see it mentioned that he allowed swedes or people already in sweden to engage in such marriages.

Scriver you are calling other european countries backward and outlandish, you insulted all of europe and switzerland and I am not supposed to believe your a hatespeecher. This is not the way to aproach such a delicate issue, and unless you wish to be seen as a hate speaker you should attune your way of writing so it portrays the intelligence you obviously have in a better light than it did in that paragraph of yours.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: February 18, 2017, 10:59:24 am »

I was referring to your use of calling these nations backwards
But they are backwards, though. I don't think it's a coincidence that countries with these, ahem, "relaxed" standards of morality are also the ones with the least level of technological, economical, and scientific development. Outside of Switzerland, maybe, and they're a bloody special case in many other aspects.
._.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: February 18, 2017, 11:27:40 am »

What is the customs or legal in other places (and also, here's a hint: marrying 10-year olds is was not legal in Syria either, where this family is from). The only thing that matters is what is legal in Sweden. This is not legal. In Sweden, if a child is abused by her family, they should be apprehended and moved to another family. If a man rapes a child, he should be tried for rape. If they want to live in Sweden, they have to follow our laws. And that is what originally happened when child services apprehended the girl. This judgement by the court overrides that decision - which is why it de facto legalises child marriages (and rape of children as long as you are "married").

Here, let me quote the statement of an actual Muslim, and head of the anti-honour culture organisation Never Forget Fadime and Pela, Sara Mohammad: "This is absurd. This ruling legalises pedophilia. It also says that the 14-year-old has been impelling to have sex and wants to stay with the family. This is not giving priority to what is best for the child. You hear the same things from children in drug abusing families and families which abuse children, everybody wants to stay there. What's best for the child is not what the child wants but but what is best for the child. This ruling makes a difference between children and children, it discriminates some children based on religious and tradition's destructive influences on children and their child marriages."

Your way of thinking, that this should be allowed because there is some kind of difference between Swedish and middle-eastern children, is exactly what she is criticising above. Syrian children should not be allowed to be victims just because they're part of a tradition which thinks it is okay to marry and fuck children. They have the exact same rights to be protected from abusive behaviour as Swedish children do.

By the way, for those who are interested, the court ruling has been contested and will be taken up in a higher court.
Love, scriver~

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: February 18, 2017, 12:02:40 pm »

the court ruling has been contested and will be taken up in a higher court.
And thank fucking goodness for that.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 793