Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002164 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5160 on: March 15, 2017, 10:54:35 am »

I'll feel that way more readily, when Westboro Baptists start assassinating people on the street in broad daylight and pinning a note to their chests with knives for insulting Jesus or whatever.

The simple fact of the matter is that Muslims in Europe are far and away more radical, and more dangerous, than Christians in Europe.

Yes, but my point is that a group of bad actors don't neccesarily represent the whole.
WB numbers 40 people and is yet to do a single jihad
I get the point but it's not really doing the argument service compared to Newrope

Yes. *shunts the discussion to the Religion thread*

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5161 on: March 15, 2017, 10:58:30 am »

Over half of European Muslims hold views that would be counted as "radical" or "fundamentalist". I'd say that's more than just "a few bad actors". It seems a better statement would be, "A few good apples don't save a rotten bunch".
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5162 on: March 15, 2017, 10:58:52 am »

It is really funny when people make comparisons between radical islam and westboro baptists, though.

I mean, if all ISIS/Al Qaeda/Hamas/all the other 400 islamic terrorist groups did was protest funerals and do anti gay rallies and make hilarious videos and websites, the world would be a fairly nicer place.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: March 15, 2017, 11:03:12 am »

Over half of European Muslims hold views that would be counted as "radical" or "fundamentalist". I'd say that's more than just "a few bad actors". It seems a better statement would be, "A few good apples don't save a rotten bunch".

Yeah, they're currently about as radical and fundamentalist as the Catholic church was in Medieval Europe, Spanish Inquisition and all that. Which is why it seems like Islam is in need of it's own version of the Reformation.

Pwnzerfaust

• Bay Watcher
  • It's evolution, baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: March 15, 2017, 11:04:46 am »

Agreed. So they can come to civilized countries when they do that. Shouldn't be more than a few centuries, one hopes.
Give an elf a fire and he's warm for a night. Drop an elf in magma and he's warm for the rest of his life.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: March 15, 2017, 11:08:41 am »

One thing that would help is to get the MidEast out of the metaphorical hole that they're in. Not advocating going in and making them protectorates or anything like that.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: March 15, 2017, 11:10:54 am »

Its also pretty funny when people mention something that happened during the medieval age to justify what radical islam is doing today.

All while conveniently forgetting that the ottoman empire was a thing less than 2 centuries ago.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 11:12:25 am by TempAcc »
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: March 15, 2017, 11:47:04 am »

Anyhow, back to the subject of politics.

Not much news about the election yet, but voter turnout appears to be exceptionally high so far. (the nice weather helps..)

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: March 15, 2017, 11:52:33 am »

Its also pretty funny when people mention something that happened during the medieval age to justify what radical islam is doing today.

All while conveniently forgetting that the ottoman empire was a thing less than 2 centuries ago.

I don't think that anybody is trying to justify anything here.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: March 15, 2017, 12:02:25 pm »

I'd say many are trying to justify inaction (or, at best, appeasement) in the face of a serious threat.
Have European armies stopped bombing ISIS? I haven't checked, but if they haven't, then there's no "appeasement" or "inaction" going on here.
._.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: March 15, 2017, 12:04:49 pm »

Threats are easy to deal with when they're far away on some god forsaken land. Domestic threats are harder and far more politically taxing to deal with, and far more likely to be ignored so as to not harm a narrative. Hello hello, Sweden, land of jihadists getting social aid and rape capital of the EU.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: March 15, 2017, 12:12:42 pm »

I don't think that anybody is trying to justify anything here.

I'd say many are trying to justify inaction (or, at best, appeasement) in the face of a serious threat.

Anyhow, back to the subject of politics.

Not much news about the election yet, but voter turnout appears to be exceptionally high so far. (the nice weather helps..)

Glad to hear it. Out of interest, what's the state of things RE voter ID in the Netherlands?

Everyone eligible is automatically registered and gets their voting pass. All you need is any form of official ID that is less than 5 years overdue.

Why this isn't the case in the rest of the world is completely beyond me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:14:45 pm by Antioch »
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: March 15, 2017, 03:10:23 pm »

If they send Wilders to the wilderness I swear I'm paying a round tonight.

Looks like we have free drinks. If this holds Wilders did a lot worse than expected.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5174 on: March 15, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »

If they send Wilders to the wilderness I swear I'm paying a round tonight.

Looks like we have free drinks. If this holds Wilders did a lot worse than expected.
Probably thanks to a massive 81% turnout.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 793