Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008825 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5685 on: May 03, 2017, 01:51:20 pm »

I finally found trace in my papers. Apparently the girl complained to her nanny, and the dude's wife said that he was going to undergo therapy to suppress incestuous urges. It's not clear the accusations had been made to the authorities.
Well, that's what it says in my newspaper.
Die heeft een paar maanden eerder een klacht ingediend tegen Saelens, die hij verdenkt van incest met zijn dochters.

In other news, police shut down a main highway (A2) in the Netherlands for over an hour after someone reported a suspicious package, creating traffic jams throughout the country.
Turns out it was part of a quest for a children's party.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2017, 01:54:41 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: May 03, 2017, 02:02:31 pm »

That's what you get for letting your children outside. Keep them in the Maturation Chamber like responsible parents next time.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: May 03, 2017, 04:48:50 pm »

So the French debates have finished, and Le Pen has shown herself as... well, just look. I'm hearing reports that even among FN supporters, it is agreed that she has made a super-terrible showing. We'll look at how it will affect the polls, but, given that she was still hovering around 40% mark with little signs of movement, her chances are, shall we say, "not good".
._.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: May 03, 2017, 05:41:06 pm »

She's also been accused of plagiarizing her opponents speech, which she called a 'homage'. Who the heck makes a homage out of an opponents speech while plagiarizing it? Lol

Caricaturizing/satirizing it for the laughs and to mock it, okay, but it sounds like she went and cribbed her opponents speech.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5689 on: May 04, 2017, 03:03:18 am »

She's also been accused of plagiarizing her opponents speech, which she called a 'homage'. Who the heck makes a homage out of an opponents speech while plagiarizing it? Lol

Caricaturizing/satirizing it for the laughs and to mock it, okay, but it sounds like she went and cribbed her opponents speech.

Mrs Trump?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: May 04, 2017, 04:15:48 am »

'France will be led by a woman. It'll be either me, or Ms Merkel.'

Bwahaha, that was brutal.

Yeah, she went a lot on the offensive, but had bad showing when discussing policy. From the pieces I've seen, it reminds me a lot of the first Trump-Clinton debate.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5691 on: May 04, 2017, 07:04:24 am »

Great soundbite, but I don't see what else she has going for her.
More fanatical followers

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: May 04, 2017, 08:27:06 am »

Macron has accused Le Pen of making an army of Russians spread fake news about him.
"Marine Le Pen has troops on the internet spreading false rumors. Some of those are working for the Russian government".
With this accusation he is responding to Le Pen, who hinted at him having offshore accounts on the Bahamas.

According to researcher Nicolas Vanderbiest, the orginal source for the rumor that Macron has offshore accounts on the Bahamas is Disobedient Media, a US pro-Trump internet site. The message has been distributed further over the net by 213 french Twitter accounts, which are well known for retweeting RT and Sputnik messages.

US researcher Ben Nimmo of the Digital Forensic Research Lab says there are thousands of bots actively spreading fake news about Macron.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/macron-le-pen-laat-russen-fake-news-over-mij-verspreiden~a4492532/

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: May 04, 2017, 11:16:51 am »

Macron has accused Le Pen of making an army of Russians spread fake news about him.
"Marine Le Pen has troops on the internet spreading false rumors. Some of those are working for the Russian government".
With this accusation he is responding to Le Pen, who hinted at him having offshore accounts on the Bahamas.

According to researcher Nicolas Vanderbiest, the orginal source for the rumor that Macron has offshore accounts on the Bahamas is Disobedient Media, a US pro-Trump internet site. The message has been distributed further over the net by 213 french Twitter accounts, which are well known for retweeting RT and Sputnik messages.

US researcher Ben Nimmo of the Digital Forensic Research Lab says there are thousands of bots actively spreading fake news about Macron.
http://www.volkskrant.nl/buitenland/macron-le-pen-laat-russen-fake-news-over-mij-verspreiden~a4492532/

Not the first time the US has meddled in other countries politics, but it's usually the government, not random people under their own initiative.

Not sure what France can do about that, sue the US for meddling in their politics? It's something that we as a global society have to solve.

Ayy lmao he's gonna sue her for defamation

Imagine if Hillary had done that, heh.

Also, Obama has endorsed Macron. Vox's explainer on why.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: May 04, 2017, 11:36:54 am »

Not the first time the US has meddled in other countries politics, but it's usually the government, not random people under their own initiative.

Not sure what France can do about that, sue the US for meddling in their politics? It's something that we as a global society have to solve.

You have plenty of right-wing americans trying to support their ideological allies in Europe and beyond. Hell, Geert Wilders' donors were largely americans.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: May 05, 2017, 03:51:59 am »

Study reveals half of young Europeans are skeptical about democracy

The results of the YouGov study, commissioned by the TUI Foundation and released Thursday, show that respondents from Germany and Greece were most in favor of democracy (62 and 66 percent), while France, Italy and Poland were the least convinced of its effectiveness (42, 45 and 42 percent).
._.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5697 on: May 05, 2017, 04:30:11 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: May 05, 2017, 04:58:35 am »

Thanks that made me laugh hard.
Meanwhile, a opinion piece in my newspaper wonders if the UK is headed to becoming a third world nation again, just like they were before Thatcher, when they were begging the IMF to save them, much like Greece is now.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:00:24 am by martinuzz »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5699 on: May 05, 2017, 05:16:35 am »

Thanks that made me laugh hard.
Meanwhile, a opinion piece in my newspaper wonders if the UK is headed to becoming a third world nation again, just like they were before Thatcher, when they were begging the IMF to save them, much like Greece is now.
Cheers, though in regards to your latter point, it's an interesting idea. Before Thatcher every group was out for itself, out against every other group in their community, vital services grounding to a halt under strikes and threats of national emergency. Infrastructure was shutting down, in one notable instance, a factory was used to store the dead because cemetery workers went on strike. Whilst it was not 3rd world, it was the Ottoman sick man of Yurop. Talented individuals fled the UK for the USA, fleeing the taxes imposed by the gov in an attempt to maintain order. Civil servants determined wages in an effort to combat the threat of hyperinflation, while politicians told foreign generals that the UK would support their invasions of the UK. No one would help their neighbour because they expected society to help them. Today, it would take war or a global recession for that to repeat, just as it took world war to economically dislocate the UK. I suppose we were lucky Thatcher stopped us from joining the Euro. Ultimately as long as we don't have the blood on our streets to the same level as europe, things are gonna be content. Greece's situation is I think, evidence of what happens to nations that are not powerful enough to sit in the big boy club. Don't forget, for individuals like myself, we did not neglect to notice that Greece was not reduced to ruin by the actions of the IMF alone. The Troika was the European Central Bank, the European Commission and the International Monetary Fund, the first two are concerningly left unmentioned.

Also, more bants:
French police attempting to communicate with anons in order to find who leaked Macron's financial connections

*EDIT
What are the long term effects of brain drain?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 05:25:15 am by Loud Whispers »
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 793