Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1008846 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #5700 on: May 05, 2017, 05:28:44 am »

I wish we could just forget this whole 2016 mess and move to an alternate universe where Antipasta protestors try to peacefully protest against French PM Macron, Italian PM Spagheti and UK minister Noodles, while confronting confused Pastafari contra-protestors wearing sieves. It would be much more fun.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5701 on: May 05, 2017, 06:39:52 am »

I wish we could just forget this whole 2016 mess and move to an alternate universe where Antipasta protestors try to peacefully protest against French PM Macron, Italian PM Spagheti and UK minister Noodles, while confronting confused Pastafari contra-protestors wearing sieves. It would be much more fun.
Not French PM Macaroni?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5702 on: May 05, 2017, 07:53:13 am »

The after-the-debates polls came out. Le-Pen is trending downwards. We're two days away from the election day.

This is Le End for her.
._.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5703 on: May 05, 2017, 08:29:09 am »

It's turning out that Le Pen père apparently charge the EP for at least 8500's worth of wine delivered to his chateau. I really wonder how that family planned to live if France left the EU.  :P

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5704 on: May 05, 2017, 08:49:07 am »

tfw french people actually live in castles

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5705 on: May 05, 2017, 09:21:52 am »

Not all of them, only those that run on a platform of defending the little guy against elites.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5706 on: May 05, 2017, 10:12:20 am »

Nah, most French castles are inhabited by rich Dutch, German and Japanese people. There was this real castle rush some 20 years ago, when you could literally buy a castle in France for around 20 thousand euros. The French themselves had no interest, because they knew damn well most castles are in terrible shape and would require at least 10x the purchasing price in repairs. Still, a lot of foreigners, including my own countrymen were all like "hmm what to buy, new car, or a castle in France," and went with the castle. Nowadays castles aren't that cheap anymore, all the cheap ones have long since been sold.

EDIT: that's one thing that always makes me feel sorry for US folks. You don't have nice medieval castles. Closests you get is colonial age forts and residences, but those aren't the real thing.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 10:14:50 am by martinuzz »

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5707 on: May 05, 2017, 10:35:15 am »

Macron and Le Pen. Who's next, Breve and Stylus? What a strange election.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5708 on: May 05, 2017, 11:34:57 am »

Next Russian elections: Putin vs Erdogan. I mean, Erdogan is half Georgian, so he can become Russian president, right?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5709 on: May 05, 2017, 01:00:01 pm »

Next Russian elections: Putin vs Erdogan. I mean, Erdogan is half Georgian, so he can become Russian president, right?
He isn't a citizen of the Russian Federation and hasn't been continuously living in Russia for at least 10 years, so nope, he's automatically disqualified by the paragraph 2, article 81, chapter 4 of the Russian Constitution (yes we do have a constitution).
._.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5710 on: May 05, 2017, 03:01:45 pm »

He isn't a citizen of the Russian Federation and hasn't been continuously living in Russia for at least 10 years, so nope, he's automatically disqualified by the paragraph 2, article 81, chapter 4 of the Russian Constitution (yes we do have a constitution).

Russia just has to annex Turkey first. If they declare everyone in the annexed areas to be Russian citizens, they even have retroactive justification for the annexation, considering all the future Russians who had formerly not been in Russia.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5711 on: May 05, 2017, 07:55:22 pm »

A French presidential candidate (guess which one) got hit by a hack and major leak of emails.

The Hill article.

Seems rather late for a leak to significally affect things, especially since Macron and Le Pen are so far apart in the polls, MUCH further than Clinton and Trump ever were. The Clinton email leaks had a really long time to percolate.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5712 on: May 05, 2017, 07:58:29 pm »

I also don't see any, you know, controversy about these emails. Emails are not inherently evil, despite what you may have heard.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5713 on: May 05, 2017, 08:00:00 pm »

I also don't see any, you know, controversy about these emails. Emails are not inherently evil, despite what you may have heard.

I know, and there's apparently no (or not much) detail about the emails. Just the fact that there was a hack and a leak is still a big deal, considering what Russia has been up to, which is what I was getting at.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 08:02:00 pm by smjjames »

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #5714 on: May 05, 2017, 08:44:58 pm »

I know, and there's apparently no (or not much) detail about the emails. Just the fact that there was a hack and a leak is still a big deal, considering what Russia has been up to, which is what I was getting at.
Yeah, it's a pretty well-established strategy at this point. Dump enough random communications and somebody will find *something* to take out of context. Nobody ever actually reads the source material, so all it takes is one good out of context statement fragment getting repeatedly pushed by a troll army and suddenly it's a "scandal." Combine with a bit of photoshop and pushing a narrative elsewhere like so: https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/860585882478407681
and now you can pretend your entirely fake material came from a real dump.
Pages: 1 ... 379 380 [381] 382 383 ... 793