Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1002066 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite EU-related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #7335 on: December 06, 2017, 11:54:15 am »

Multiculturalism does, indeed, create a stronger society  ::)
There is absolutely no information on the guy and you're blaming it on multiculturalism already? I find that stupid.

It's not polite to say that brown people are evil and shouldn't be let in, but saying "multiculturalism" is at fault let you get around the PC crowd.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 12:11:50 pm by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7336 on: December 06, 2017, 12:25:45 pm »

Only one guy is actually being charged with that. Gotta wonder whether he planned it alone because it'd have to be done when they know Theresa May is in the building, and possibly where in the building she is, in order to be sure of actually reaching the target.
If he had actually be able to do it, it'd be an intel and security failure of epically colossal proportions.
You can use publicly available information to know when, since our politicians tend to be open about where they are, especially when they're moving between London and European capitals in this time

There is absolutely no information on the guy and you're blaming it on multiculturalism already? I find that stupid.
"Naa'imur Zakariyah Rahman, 20, allegedly planned to launch a bomb attack on the security gates outside Downing Street before detonating a suicide vest in Number 10 in a bid to kill Theresa May."
You saying he's an Englishman?

It's not polite to say that brown people are evil and shouldn't be let in, but saying "multiculturalism" is at fault let you get around the PC crowd.
Do you honestly believe anything gets around the PC crowd? No, they'll be offended by anything, and they'll definitely be offended if you criticize multiculturalism. I believe the real issue is multiculturalism is not a shield to justify why you're letting in people who want to kill you for who you are

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7337 on: December 06, 2017, 12:41:24 pm »

I believe the real issue is multiculturalism is not a shield to justify why you're letting in people who want to kill you for who you are

Exactly, because for every terrorist, there are a thousand who just want to be treated as equals and get along. I wasn't offended at the attack on 'multiculturalism', I was attacking the use of it as an excuse.

England has been 'multiculti' for longer than you realize. You guys in Europe are just doing it wrong.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7338 on: December 06, 2017, 02:02:54 pm »

One person bent on destruction and blood in a thousand and one says nothing to you about the thousand?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7339 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:08 pm »

One person bent on destruction and blood in a thousand and one says nothing to you about the thousand?
No more than Ted Kaczynski or Timothy McVeigh tell me that respectively mathematicians and US veterans are inclined to domestic terrorism.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7340 on: December 06, 2017, 02:13:46 pm »

Is there a culture supporting terrorism in the US army or with mathematicians? I wasn't aware.

If it were just a case of one deviant immigrant with a bomb, we'd not have blockades on our Christmas festivities.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7341 on: December 06, 2017, 02:15:50 pm »

No more than Ted Kaczynski or Timothy McVeigh tell me that respectively mathematicians and US veterans are inclined to domestic terrorism.
You're right, individuals don't indicate an inclination to domestic terrorism, but the presence of islamist groups, militias and such indicate which Americans are prone to domestic terrorism

*EDIT
There are 201 incidents in the database, sorted broadly as Islamist, right wing (including white supremacists, militias and members of the so-called Patriot and sovereign citizens movements), and left wing (including animal right militants, environmentalists, anarchists and Black Lives Matter sympathizers).
tfw everyone ignores animal rights terrorists lmao

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7342 on: December 06, 2017, 02:20:03 pm »

I went to go check whether the holy book of Mathematics explicitly advises killing apostates, but it turns out mathematicians don't even have a holy book! How weird is that?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7343 on: December 06, 2017, 02:34:07 pm »

You're right, individuals don't indicate an inclination to domestic terrorism, but the presence of islamist groups, militias and such indicate which Americans are prone to domestic terrorism

*EDIT
There are 201 incidents in the database, sorted broadly as Islamist, right wing (including white supremacists, militias and members of the so-called Patriot and sovereign citizens movements), and left wing (including animal right militants, environmentalists, anarchists and Black Lives Matter sympathizers).
tfw everyone ignores animal rights terrorists lmao

Back in the 60's and 70's, there were many more left wing militant groups, now the only apparently active one (which take up a majority of the left wing ones on that map) is the militant version of PETA. Right wing terrorism/terroristic acts is/are evidently much more of a problem than islamic terrorism/terroristic acts.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 02:45:16 pm by smjjames »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7344 on: December 06, 2017, 02:52:06 pm »

As for the rest of it, I'd like to point out that if this was as strong an ideological pull as some people would seem to think (that is, the extreme-Islam must-kill-people Salafism), this wouldn't even make the news because it'd be a daily occurrence
It's strong enough a pull to make people who were born in Britain, educated in the same schools as our children, kill themselves trying to damage it. That's more than strong enough.

It leaves one wondering just how many of our grateful (?) immigrant families have children which aren't prepared to kill themselves, but are still diametrically opposed to everything Britain stands for. Whose ears are open to the ideology, and who are willing to spread it.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #7345 on: December 06, 2017, 02:57:24 pm »

Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7346 on: December 06, 2017, 03:06:11 pm »

Are there any non-islamic left wing or right wing terrorism or terroristic acts in England? because the ones commited by muslims tend to be the ones we hear about on either side of the Atlantic.

I mean, look at that map LW posted earlier, is there a similar dataset for England because while ones committed by muslims get coverage, it doesn't mean the others are happening. I doubt the UK has any fewer (proportional to population) non-muslim left wing or right wing people that resort to violence.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7347 on: December 06, 2017, 03:14:14 pm »

Would you prefer we start preemptively rounding them up, just in case?

Nope. That IS a solution, but it's unfortunately lacking in the ethics department. Instead, I'd like people to be aware that a less porous border is not - *sigh* - racist. Those already in our country, I believe, are there to stay most likely. No point in continuing to hit ourselves over the head with a rock, just in case the tenth strike doesn't hurt.

There is no imperative on the British people to allow individuals or groups into the nation whose ideology opposes the state, its religion, or its ethos.

Or, at least, there won't be after Brexit.

-snip -

Sure, it's called the Troubles. Besides that....

Since 2010, there have been two terrorist attacks for the right wing. One killed Jo Cox, the other involved a vehicle and a group of Muslims near a mosque. This was out of nine attacks, the rest being immigrant-perpetrated.

Here's the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents_in_Great_Britain I didn't look before 2010.

Both attacks by the right wing I remember being a big deal in the news. Not sure about across the Atlantic, though.
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7348 on: December 06, 2017, 03:25:30 pm »

I think the reasons that second-generation immigrants are much more likely to be radicalized are similar to the reasons that youth gangs form in general. Disenfranchisement, lack of strong community roots etc. If you're growing up as part of a dominant social strata then your way less likely to be interested in fringe politics, and going to be more interested in your own career and starting a family. When opportunities aren't there, and the normal structures for mentoring and role models aren't there, you get violent youth gangs, regardless of race or religion. Then, it's easy for someone to come along and radicalize these people. They lack identity and meaning in their lives: the radical preacher offers that to them.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 03:28:05 pm by Reelya »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7349 on: December 06, 2017, 03:25:52 pm »

Right wing attacks are big in the news, usually the ones that get people killed, but the focus of the governments ire (and people in general) has been on muslims, rather than right wing stuff, which make up the majority of the markers on the map.

I'm not saying islamic terrorism should be ignored or paid less attention to, just that in the United States at least, Right wing stuff is more of an issue than islamic stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 488 489 [490] 491 492 ... 793