Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793

Author Topic: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread  (Read 1007426 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: The friendly and polite Europe related terrible jokes thread
« Reply #11865 on: October 28, 2023, 06:45:43 am »

Tesla under strike in Sweden, because Tesla do not use collective agreements.

Tesla's response so far has been barely shrouded propaganda pieces through their fan club claiming no strike is happening and the evil union is just threatening their workers who have it so much better on Tesla than on other car companies in terms of wages *and* insurance benefits (which is not a thing we do in Sweden), and confusion over the fact that Swedish law applies to Swedes and not just to foreign workers moved into Sweden.

I hope the unions win.
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11866 on: November 09, 2023, 11:53:03 am »

Tesla's response so far has been barely shrouded propaganda pieces through their fan club claiming no strike is happening and the evil union is just threatening their workers who have it so much better on Tesla than on other car companies in terms of wages *and* insurance benefits (which is not a thing we do in Sweden), and confusion over the fact that Swedish law applies to Swedes and not just to foreign workers moved into Sweden.

I hope the unions win.
What do they say in the audio clip?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11867 on: November 09, 2023, 04:10:08 pm »

I hope the unions win.
What do they say in the audio clip?

Sure! And for reference, Dagens Arbete is the union paper of the industrial worker's union. Anyway, with only a few liberties since I wasn't sure how to translate some things:

DA Journalist (the male voice): "This is planning for strike breaking, I'm wondering how you-"
Tesla communications boss (the female voice): "Eh, but eh -- is it, is it really illegal to move, or, that personnel works att different workplaces within the country's borders, that is in Sweden"
DA: "To perform a striking worker's work is what is the actual definition of strike breaking, yes, whether one now moves people to -- if there's very few at one place, that is there's many--"
Tesla: "Within the country?"
DA: "Yes"
Da: "Yes. You're not aware of this?"
Tesla: "Eeeeh, not, eeeeh, within the country, eeh-"
DA: "Within the country," *chuckle* "Yes, absolutely. It's about performing the work of somebody at strike. That's what it's about."
Tesla: "Okey. Let me check this up and come back to you."
DA: "Okey."
Tesla: "Yes? Thank you, please. Bye!"

Since the start of the strike support strikes has been started in among other things the Swedish harbour worker unions, who are refusing to shift Tesla cars and products through, and infrastructure/communications unions are stopping all transport of reserve parts within the country.

Sorry that all sources is in Swedish
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11868 on: November 10, 2023, 07:59:52 am »

DA: "To perform a striking worker's work is what is the actual definition of strike breaking, yes, whether one now moves people to -- if there's very few at one place, that is there's many--"
DA: "Yes"
Da: "Yes. You're not aware of this?"
Tesla: "Eeeeh, not, eeeeh, within the country, eeh-"
LMAO

Tesla truly inheriting the cringefather's cringe

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11869 on: November 22, 2023, 03:23:58 pm »

First exit polls in the Netherlands seem to point at Geert Wilders' PVV (populist extreme right) becoming the largest party.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11870 on: November 22, 2023, 03:47:07 pm »

Finally Rutte is out, only to be replaced by this. :(

I fully expect him to be completely incompetent when he has to do actual work and cooperate with people, instead of being in opposition where all he has to do is complain. Let's hope it won't take too long before it ends in new elections. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2023, 03:51:12 pm by Bralbaard »

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11871 on: November 22, 2023, 03:53:43 pm »

I fully expect him to be completely incompetent when he has to do actual work and cooperate with people, instead of being in opposition where all he has to do is complain. Let's hope it won't take too long before it ends in new elections.
Don't be too sure. He's the former mentor of Mark Rutte, back when he was still a VVD party member.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11872 on: November 23, 2023, 06:45:58 am »

We'll see. From what I remember the PVV was not really a shining example of competence and stability when they were part of Rutte I. (or sort of part of, it was an unholy construct to begin with)

Sadly people have short memories, so it seems we'll have to deal with this again.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11873 on: November 28, 2023, 03:33:00 pm »

The Tesla labour conflict in Sweden continues. Today Tesla sued the Swedish state and PostNord (our part-state-owned postal company) to force the solidarity-striking communications workers to deliver post to Tesla.

The case hasn't reached the appropriate government agency yet but the Thing Court (our lowest court of law) has intermistically ruled that the labourers doesn't have to deliver anything but that Tesla has a right to the opportunity to collect the plates themselves.
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11874 on: November 28, 2023, 03:42:19 pm »

Oh that escalated a bit. I thought it was just the license plates they were refusing to deliver, but it’s all mail? Damn.

This is surely going to get to the point that it’s going to cost Tesla more to avoid signing a CBA than it’s going to cost them by signing it, both in terms of money and damage to their reputation.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #11875 on: November 28, 2023, 05:04:31 pm »

I mean... maybe?

Musk being involved, cost and reputation draining further down the shitter might not actually make the company budge, though, even if a CBA'd cost them less of either.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11876 on: December 08, 2023, 09:02:43 am »

Tesla strike now spreading to support strikes in Denmark, Norway, and Finland. Not sure if anyone have started yet or if they're just warning as of now, Finland land's warns to start at Dec 20th.

Here's an article in English though you have to skip over a bunch of info about historical labour fights of foreign companies in Sweden first. Googling seems to return quite a lot of articles in English now so it seems to st least make a little splash abroad.
Love, scriver~

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11877 on: January 28, 2024, 01:01:16 pm »

'Tis Finnish Presidential Election day. A lot of focus on foreign policy and security. Voting has just ended. Current national top four candidates are in order Alexander Stubb (27%, National Coalition Party, right-wing), Pekka Haavisto (23%, Green League but running on his own, center-left), Jussi Halla-aho (18%, Finns Party, right-wing/far-right), and Olli Rehn (14%, Centre Party, center/center-right). A second round is likely.

Personal opinion of the four: Stubb has Swedish-speaking as a bonus, but he is tainted by the economic policies during his time in government; Haavisto similarly has Swedish as a bonus, but I think he still has a lot of the typical Green naivete; Halla-aho, I do not trust him at all given his party's animosity towards the Swedish-speaking minority, as well as due to the part his party played for the welfare area reforms. Rehn seem to favor the banks and the industry, which makes me worried he's going to screw over the little guys, especially with the upcoming economy and strike reforms.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11878 on: January 28, 2024, 02:15:14 pm »

An unlikely coalition. In France, Extinction Rebellion as well as Greenpeace side with their usual opponents, the farmers.
French prime minister Attal attacked the Green Party in parliament last week, saying that 'with every problem they point their fingers at our farmers, making them look like criminals, polluters and animal abusers'.

In response, both XR and Greenpeace have stated that they do not wish to be used as pawns and portrayed as enemies of the farmers, despite the 'campaigns of the government that try to breed hate between us'.

The farmers have announced they will blockade Paris for an undetermined time. XR and Greenpeace will support the blockades.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11879 on: January 28, 2024, 03:50:06 pm »

Stubb and Haavisto going to the second round.

EDIT: Three days of waves of strikes across multiple sectors and unions in Finland, in protest against the government's planned reforms of the economy and restrictions on the right to strike, begin today.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 10:47:38 am by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 790 791 [792] 793