Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Bards are offering to entertain our citizens! How should they do this?

Singing and dancing and other peaceful forms of- pfffhahahah
- 4 (15.4%)
Ablative meat armour
- 1 (3.8%)
Arena fights against wildlife
- 5 (19.2%)
Arena fights against each other
- 3 (11.5%)
Arena fights against troll wereelks
- 12 (46.2%)
Something else...
- 1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]  (Read 39495 times)

Sinurtumwist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04]
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2016, 03:46:06 am »

Wow, that was impressive so far. Just wow. :D

Now i am afraid. I am no native english speaker so i hope you are not going to hate me once i finished my writing.

Maybe i just have to write gobbolanguage

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: Thunderdoom - A Succession Goblin Camp [42.05]
« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2016, 01:19:59 pm »

((First of all, I'm upgrading to v.0.42.05. This should result in SPARRING ACTUALLY HAPPENING, as well as many other wonderful bugfixes (are we using mugs?!)))

I have downloaded the save (and DF42.05) and will post my story soon!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2016, 02:34:28 pm »

You hear me, youse lot?! I'll fight anyone who want's ta' take my fortress from me! ANYONE!

I stumble in, my head spinning. Why they all look like buckets... the clay is the ceiling and the end... aaaaaah my head what a hangover...

((OOC: Seriously, what did you do? Why does DF look like this?!))

Spoiler: what drugs am i on (click to show/hide)

((And more importantly, HOW DOES I FIX IT?!))
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2016, 02:43:04 pm »

You hear me, youse lot?! I'll fight anyone who want's ta' take my fortress from me! ANYONE!

I stumble in, my head spinning. Why they all look like buckets... the clay is the ceiling and the end... aaaaaah my head what a hangover...

((OOC: Seriously, what did you do? Why does DF look like this?!))

Spoiler: what drugs am i on (click to show/hide)

((And more importantly, HOW DOES I FIX IT?!))

erm easiest would be.... try using starter pack and install ascii, then go into init.txt (or d_init.txt) and set [GRAPHICS:NO]
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Rupdeus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 19, 2016, 02:46:43 pm »

Toady introduced goblin vision.
In adventure mode, dwarf drinks vampire!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2016, 02:50:18 pm »

Turning [GRAPHICS:YES] doesn't help:

I'd be fine with anything, vanilla ASCII or Pheobus, but this? This is impossible to play!

NINJA-ATTACK-EDIT:

Um... Starter Pack hasn't updated! It's still on 04, which has the bug that COMPLETELY ELIMINATES SPARRING. So is there any way to fix it? I'm fine with poking around in the raws, though "change every single raw item" won't work.
Sigtext!

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 19, 2016, 03:12:33 pm »

1. Go to Dwarf Fortress/data/save/Thunderdoom/raw/graphics. Delete the entire folder

2. Go to Dwarf Fortress/raw/graphics. Copy it.

3. Go back to Dwarf Fortress/data/save/Thunderdoom/raw. Paste the graphics folder you copied into it.

That should revert the save to ASCII.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #82 on: January 19, 2016, 04:58:10 pm »

or, install phoebus. Safest bet, as the save was phoebus, and just installing phoebus on it again(download the files from the forum thread, tho) is the safest.. or find a save with ascii graphics and cpy the raw folders.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 19, 2016, 05:45:39 pm »

or, install phoebus. Safest bet, as the save was phoebus, and just installing phoebus on it again(download the files from the forum thread, tho) is the safest.. or find a save with ascii graphics and cpy the raw folders.
Reinstalling phoebus is also an option. Just make sure you don't replace or delete any of the modded files in thunderdoom/raw/objects.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2016, 01:22:20 pm »

Have you had any luck fixing the graphics?
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2016, 01:32:14 pm »

Yep, but I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on. This place is insane.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2016, 02:03:52 pm »

I walk into the well pit, where Quox, wearing a mess of bone and iron and copper and waving his scimitar around, is saying to everyone how he's in power, and he's going to decide everything from here on, and pretending that he knows how to use the iron junk in his hand, weakling and pitiful fool that he is.

"Really?" I say, hefting my large hammer and taking out my crossbow. "You and what army?"

"Everyone else does whatever I say," he sneers. "And my friends are even more loyal to me, the leader of this fortress."

"Fortress!" I scoff. "You call this pit a fortress! And what great black tower have you constructed?"

Quox looks away. "And you think YOU could do better?"

"Anyone could do better than YOU, Quox. Just look! One of our trolls is completely useless: every couple of weeks he turns into a monstrous were-elk! Funny, yes, but how will we defend against the dwarves with one troll? And what about the well? You messed up. It takes weeks for the bucket to travel down to the caverns."

Angrily, Quox yells, "Fine! Do it your way! And when you mess up, I'll show you! I've done much better than you ever could! You'll be begging me to fix the mess you'll make of this place!"

"It's already a mess," I tell him. "I'll have this place orderly before you know it." I spit at him, and walk off. "And your 'friends' laugh behind your back!" I insult him one last time before turning the corner.
Sigtext!

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2016, 02:11:33 pm »

4th Slate, 251:

I have taken control of this mess of pits. The first parchment scrawl I get is of this fight:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The fight goes on as the inhabitants of this pit watch. Osta Strataburar is exhilarated as she punches the snake and dodges its deadly attacks. She's young: only twelve, and already fighting. When she's done, and the snake is a mush on the ground, I ask her how she's doing. "Fine," she says, "but I could use some better food." Impudent little fool! Wait... she just arrived. She was part of the recent migrant wave. She'll eat the first of the rattlesnake meat! (Masterfully cooked by none other than myself, of course.)

Later that day, I see a cave dragon! "Attack!" I scream, but the nearest soldier laughs and tells me he's Snodub's pet. "Which Snodub?" I ask: we have three.

20th Slate, 251:

We apparently have a tavern now, and three bards have come to drunkenly scream. Just like everybody's doing now. Drunkenly screaming "poetry", drunkenly screaming drinking "songs", and drunkenly telling "a reeaaal tale, i'm teling yu! trulee!"

And all three bards are named Zolak. Zolak Snanggam, Zolak Snamozustol, and Zolak Ngomsur. Wonderful. Makes it easier to remember their names, at least. Some drunken idiot is carving "instrumeentsts" out of bone. Sounds like you're choking, or like a hive of bees. Or like you're playing a drum. The drums actually work, surprisingly, and they're my favorite out of all the "instrumeentsts".

18th Felsite, 251:

Rupdeus, the expedition boss, was found dead in the underground pool by a pair of fishers. I suspect someone shoved his body there after they cut him to bits, for he is indeed in bits. His head and arms and legs lay scattered around the pool. "'Tleast the fishies will like it," says one fisher.

Nix named himself the new expedition boss. Doesn't matter, I'm in charge! Hahahaheheheh!

20th Felsite, 251:

For the last month, I have ordered workers to build a palisade. Now it is done. Safety is now achieved!

"Boss, are you..."

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

"Haha, good one."

No, safety will never be achieved, not while the dwarves stand. But now we can meet them on our own terms, not in the middle of the tavern.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:58:49 pm by jwoodward48df »
Sigtext!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2016, 02:59:09 pm »

Snacktome wakes from much yelling.

Hears common words, but thinks goblin words, then speak common words…

Hammer? ahh, malkaar!

Crossbow … shuuruul, ah!

Army … agec! There is battle? No, no battle. Wot army?

Boss Quox voice, boss has no army. Ya, no army.

Friends ... dhec? Boss is friend?

Leader … kaarthaar, Boss is leader, ya.

Fortress … dhuugaan, this is fortress? Ha ha, good joke. I dig good fortress pit. Takes time and many slaves.

Who boss Quox yelling to? Oh, who yelling at boss?

Wait, Boss is not boss now? No more boss Quox?!

Who dis new boss?  If this boss can be old boss and yelling become new boss.

I can be new boss when I yell too!

I charge in the tent and scream, “A al Snacktome ol'dec tuun A shac rhaan khraal rhuun duun!”

Oops, I means, ‘I am Sanctume and yelling so I can be new boss too!’

Why you look at me funny?

ooc: Please add me to the turn list, hopefully LNP will be functioning for 42.05 when my turn is up.
Had fun using some goblin translator I found, http://www.screwytruths.com/Goblin.html

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
Re: A Succession Goblin Camp [42.04] - Planning Stage
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2016, 03:00:41 pm »

I can't get dfhack to spawn an enemy dwarf, either, so we'll be going in blind as far as butcherable sapients goes.  Maybe it'll work, maybe it won't: it should do according to everything I've read, but we'll have to wait and see.

I was experimenting with the mod, and my goblins refused to do anything with the corpse of a kobold thief I killed- no butchering, no impaling, nothing. Same with local wombat men. (Ignore me if you knew this already I don't remember it ever coming up)
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16