Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Hurricane Team (ready)  (Read 26988 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Hurricane Team
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2016, 09:38:29 pm »

((LA VIVA LA REVOLUTION!))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2016, 12:50:44 pm »

Oh shit, I caused another disaster.  Well, who couldn't see that coming?  Anyway, any ideas?
Edit: I honestly don't see how that message could be threatening.  But perhaps my inability to see that is the problem...
Edit 2: What do you do when you've caused something terrible to happen?  Double down!

Give the civilians access to a frequency we have access to that isn't the inter-team ARM channel, please.  Restrict them from the inter-team ARM channel.  If this is not clear, please just restrict civilians from all channels that they shouldn't have access to.

Drop off the gunnerbot near Sir Jackson's elevated position.  Tell it to just stand by for now.

You switch the civs over to a different channel. Lets call it "Rabble Radio".

You then fly away from the city of angry people and back over to jackson. You kick the gunner bot out and tell it to follow him.

use jump jets and glide down towards the slums, try to land on a high area. Have draco continue his way down the  path. If I run into any citizens tell them to go to the portal or draco will shoot a gauss round straight to their crotch.(
Jackson, however, decides he's had enough sitting  around and abandons his post to charge directly into the city.  He leaves his big furry whatchamacallit to walk down while he jets into the city and lands atop one of the taller shanties.  Unfortunately, shanty buildings aren't known for being up to building code, so the roof caves in and he falls straight down onto a table made out of an old door suspended between two saw horses. Luckily no one is in the building to see this.

Waiting 5 coming up!

Waiting 5 will have to come later. Making a charisma roll.

"Let's see if I manage to make the situation any worse by some miracle."
Begin speech to citizens here.
*Ahem* "Attention, Citizens of Trinity 3. It has come to my notice that certain members of this organization have reacted quite terribly to the disclosure of team frequencies. I would ask that you ignore those members, and prepare to evacuate in an orderly manner. Any violence will suffer retribution. If you feel this operation is needless, I would like to remind you of Steve's opening message. That is all."

Now waiting 5 is up. Watch the fires of revolution spring to life.
Your announcement seems to be mostly ignored because many people have already gathered their belongings and are running for the path that leads to the portal. Though not everyone seems on board. Someone has already set fire to several houses near the western tip of the island's crescent and you can see the early stages of rioting starting. No one is attacking fleeing individuals yet, but people are starting to run into abandoned homes and steal anything of value that was left  behind.

Peek out the side door. If/when we're over a crowd, scatter leaflets for the awakening of the proletarian masses.
You toss fistfuls of leaflets down  on the seething masses. They completely ignore them.  Poor ignorant bastards.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2016, 01:03:19 pm »

get up, wait for draco to get here then grab (stuf them into back pack with feet?) some lootables before heading towards the ridge in firestorm's general direction. Help any civis I see along the way
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:21:59 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #48 on: February 17, 2016, 03:12:40 pm »

Pick up Draco and the gunnerbot and drop them off at Sir Jackson's position, if possible.  Tell the gunnerbot to follow him.  Also give him my backpack if I can.

Fly over the burning homes and drop goop grenades in an attempt to extinguish the flames while they are still small, or at least stop them from spreading
I would do this but it's unlikely to have any meaningful effect.  If anyone has a better plan, I'm open to it.

Get back in formation, with the turret facing the path to the portal.

Listen to Rabble Radio.  Anything enlightening, or mostly just unintelligble panicking?

Think about the announcement I made.  What was problematic about it that caused some of the crowd to turn on us?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 04:41:47 pm by Nunzillor »

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 17, 2016, 04:02:31 pm »

Is there anything we can do to put out the fires? If there is I suggest we do it.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Nunzillor

« Reply #50 on: February 17, 2016, 04:06:10 pm »

((I'm not sure what we could do.  Is goop flammable?  We could attempt to goop over the burning buildings with grenades, or coordinate with Avalanche which has a chem thrower.

If you guys want, I can fly over the burning buildings while goop grenades are tossed on it.  Don't know how effective that would be.)) 
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 04:09:04 pm by Nunzillor »

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2016, 04:23:48 pm »

Waiting part 5 is a go. Continue watching fires.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #52 on: February 21, 2016, 04:31:15 pm »

get up, wait for draco to get here then grab (stuf them into back pack with feet?) some lootables before heading towards the ridge in firestorm's general direction. Help any civis I see along the way
As a fellow victim of gravity, I want you to stop for a moment and think about what you're asking for here.

You just fell through the rusted out tin roof of a shack that is floating on a sea of human waste. The denizens of this shack are refugees, people who escaped the destruction of their home worlds with little or nothing besides their own lives. You, on the other hand, are a paid soldier packing weapons and gear that are worth more then the total annual income of this entire slum, if not this entire island.

And you want to loot?

Well you grab a wooden plate, a small tin box filled with low value coins and several articles of rancid laundry!

You then pull a 180 and head back up towards he vet teams.

Pick up Draco and the gunnerbot and drop them off at Sir Jackson's position, if possible.  Tell the gunnerbot to follow him.  Also give him my backpack if I can.

Fly over the burning homes and drop goop grenades in an attempt to extinguish the flames while they are still small, or at least stop them from spreading
I would do this but it's unlikely to have any meaningful effect.  If anyone has a better plan, I'm open to it.

Get back in formation, with the turret facing the path to the portal.

Listen to Rabble Radio.  Anything enlightening, or mostly just unintelligble panicking?

Think about the announcement I made.  What was problematic about it that caused some of the crowd to turn on us?

Well he's already getting together with his friends on his own so we'll skip that.

You head back and get into position just as the first people start showing up.

Rabble radio is essentially a giant mess of people either calling out for loved ones that got lost in the mess, people blaming ARM, the UWM, God, fate, and several ethnic groups for their current situation, and of course a fair deal of swearing, sexual comments and calls for mass committing of various crimes.

It wasn't the whole crowd that turned on you, and inevitably some people are always gonna fight back. The problem was less what you said and more how you said it.

Waiting part 5 is a go. Continue watching fires.
Part 6 might have to be put on hold. We got civies incoming.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2016, 04:51:58 pm »

Have Draco and gunner bot set up camp and watch for any trouble makers taking non lethal incapacitating shots, rocket jump and fly over to Christopher pseudo's location and save him, if i see avalanche 4 dive bomb her and kick her in the head.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 11:04:20 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 21, 2016, 06:14:34 pm »

Get on the ground, morph pimpcane into a spiked shield.

Urist McCoder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 21, 2016, 06:23:26 pm »

Move in a groundward direction using the ropes.

Nunzillor

« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2016, 08:51:02 pm »

((It's dangerous down there!  But I will dip low to let you guys out.))
Listen to Sir Jackson's instructions and then relay them to the gunnerbot.  If there is no aux roll for instructing the gunnerbot, then ignore this action.

Pay attention to those calls for mass crimes.  Does it sound like a militia is forming?  Are arms or explosives being mentioned?  Would it be possible to pinpoint the sources of those calls by using two shuttles' radio systems for triangulation?

Decrease altitude slightly to permit those that wish to leave to leave the shuttle.  Resume normal altitude once they have left.

Move in short circuits above the portal, keeping a close eye on the civilians entering the area.  If I can, scan the ones coming up the path with x-ray to see if they are armed.

((More later.))
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:03:31 am by Nunzillor »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 21, 2016, 09:32:57 pm »

((It's dangerous down there!  But I will dip low to let you guys out.))
Listen to Sir Jackson's instructions and then relay them to the gunnerbot.  If there is no aux roll for correctly instructing the gunnerbot, then ignore this action.

Decrease altitude slightly to permit those that wish to leave to leave.  Resume normal altitude once they have left.

Move in short circuits above the portal, keeping a close eye on the civilians entering the area.  Move erratically with the goal of making the shuttle a difficult target to hit.

((More later.))
((gunner bots with me on the crest overlooking the portal))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2016, 09:41:25 pm »

((Yeah, I allowed the gunnerbot to receive remote voice commands from me, however.  I just want to make sure that using the gunnerbot isn't an aux roll.  If it is, this should just re-route your instructions through me to ensure there can't be any issues.  If it isn't, nothing should happen.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2016, 09:42:11 pm »

((Yeah, I allowed the gunnerbot to receive remote voice commands from me, however.  I just want to make sure that using the gunnerbot isn't an aux roll.  If it is, this should just re-route your instructions through me to ensure there can't be any issues.))
((ah, okay))
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12