Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Hurricane Team (ready)  (Read 26992 times)

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Hurricane Team
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2016, 05:54:08 pm »

The purpose was to hopefully harvest usable genes for the propagation of the human race. Sadly, I reconsidered. Now I will just wait for extraction to the next area, drag corpses off the path, and stand guard for any refugees who might still want to evac.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 05:56:41 pm by Moopli »

Nunzillor

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2016, 02:17:58 pm »

((Bump (sorry)))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 06:44:42 pm »

Ok, I've got enzymes to memorize so lets get this done and stop fucking about.

If you had something this turn like "Return to shuttle" or "Grab my stuff and be ready to leave" it auto completes. No rolls, just done. If you had some other action, and it is OF VITAL IMPORTANCE(!) then pm me and we'll do it like that. Otherwise post pone them/cancel them. Priority goes to us not standing around drowning on our own insipid saliva.

So we're heading over to the next island. This one is a bit different. It's more well to do, sort of a middle class deal thanks to a fairly good trade system they have going. And they have a pretty big plantation of Hibus Bananas, which gets them a pretty penny. These guys are gonna be harder to dislodge because unlike the slums, these people actually have an established life and income and home and other such things that people are annoyingly clingy to. The island itself is an old volcanic island; something like Hawaii or the Japanese islands. Here, let me create a map

Now I'll leave it to you how you wanna handle this, but I can tell you that there ain't any major roads that lead into the jungle or to the volcano. There's one running through the plantation and around to the fishing village but isn't very direct. The volcano is quite high  and has a good vantage point but there's also no good way up for your average civie. And if you just bomb them then the populace is probably gonna run for the jungle and hide or maybe try to steal a boat at the port and make for open ocean. If you're gonna just kidnap them, I'd recommend waiting till nightfall and staging a raid. Get them at 3am and you'll have a good head start on mass reactions since the majority of people will be asleep, even if there is a lot of screaming happening a few blocks away.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2016, 06:50:01 pm »

((let's secure the mansion))
fly up high near the mansion and look for armed individuals and the general lay out of the mansion ,

if any armed people fire at me react with goop grenades and stun bombs set to knock out (I think that's  30%) while broadcasting to the general area this message: "We are the ARMy, we are here to save your lives and with your help save the human race from the coming darkness, either lay down your weapons or we'll personally make you do so."

If night, fly around and get a general ideal of location, then drop Gus and Draco on the roof of the mansion and start taking out armed individuals while having Gus and Draco take nonlethal shots while broadcasting the same message as above
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 02:02:05 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »

Listen in on civilian radio frequencies.  Do the inhabitants seem to know what happened on Semilunar Island?

How hard would it be to (what would one need to do to) shut down all media and civilian communication on the island (radio, TV, internet, cellular, etc.)?  How about selectively shutting down communication on portions of the island?

How hard would it be to sever portions of the island from the power grid?

If vet teams have not yet deployed the portal: capture the video feed from Sir Jackson's suit, digitally zoom in using my datapad, use an existing (or write a new) program on the datapad to make the resulting video as clear and unpixelated as possible, and then get ready to send that video to him if it's successful.  The idea is to make a digital binoculars program on the datapad that he can use.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:34:08 am by Nunzillor »

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 10:11:12 pm »

Use shuttle feeds to stitch together a map of the area around the mansion. Take note of guards, civilians, vantage points, and choke points.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2016, 01:57:12 pm »

Wait and watch.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #97 on: March 26, 2016, 11:44:48 am »

Wait and watch.
You stand perfectly still and do not blink. It frightens everyone around you and they ask you to stop doing it.

Use shuttle feeds to stitch together a map of the area around the mansion. Take note of guards, civilians, vantage points, and choke points.
You do this the best you can. It's not a great map, but its better than nothing. There are definitely guards around, you can see them patrolling the area in fairly obvious red uniforms. Can't tell what they're toting as weapons, but they look like rifles of some kind. The entire plantation area is fenced in with what looks like a fairly tall fence topped with razor wire. There are guards patrolling the perimeter as well as the area around the mansion. The road that runs through the plantation is fenced in on either side.

In terms of vantage points, there are guard towers interspersed along the fence but no natural high areas in the plantation itself. In terms of choke points there aren't really any of those either. Place is a big open field thats been packed full of trees. There's no real natural bottle neck anywhere.

Listen in on civilian radio frequencies.  Do the inhabitants seem to know what happened on Semilunar Island?

How hard would it be to (what would one need to do to) shut down all media and civilian communication on the island (radio, TV, internet, cellular, etc.)?  How about selectively shutting down communication on portions of the island?

How hard would it be to sever portions of the island from the power grid?

If vet teams have not yet deployed the portal: capture the video feed from Sir Jackson's suit, digitally zoom in using my datapad, use an existing (or write a new) program on the datapad to make the resulting video as clear and unpixelated as possible, and then get ready to send that video to him if it's successful.  The idea is to make a digital binoculars program on the datapad that he can use.

They don't seem to know whats happening yet. There's reports from sources not on the island itself about fires being seen, but nothing specific.

You could shut down major ones by destroying the transmitters and receivers, but you'd have to completely knock out power to get rid of all of them. Or almost all, someone might still have a battery powered radio.

You'd need to find the power station and sever the lines. Depends on when you do it for difficulty. Then again, you do have an invisible teammate in the form of lyra who could do it in broad daylight and not be noticed.

((let's secure the mansion))
fly up high near the mansion and look for armed individuals and the general lay out of the mansion ,

if any armed people fire at me react with goop grenades and stun bombs set to knock out (I think that's  30%) while broadcasting to the general area this message: "We are the ARMy, we are here to save your lives and with your help save the human race from the coming darkness, either lay down your weapons or we'll personally make you do so."

If night, fly around and get a general ideal of location, then drop Gus and Draco on the roof of the mansion and start taking out armed individuals while having Gus and Draco take nonlethal shots while broadcasting the same message as above

You do a quick fly over and remain undetected.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 26, 2016, 12:10:21 pm »

WAIT UNTIL THE SHUTTLE RETURNS AND EVERYONE IS IN POSITION!

set up a parimeter around the edge of the plantation and mansion. Have gus and draco on either side using disabling shots to stop people from fleeing the area. Land on top of the mansion. Instruct people to lay down their weapons out in front of the mansion and in the middle of the plantation.
 block any fire with my shield and respond to fire with nonlethal shots,,stun grenades, and goop grenades
If no one does anything and they all lay down their weapons and such then go collect the loot weapons in a bag and return to the top of the mansion.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 02:20:01 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2016, 12:12:27 am »

Alright, try to sing some more death metal.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2016, 04:52:46 pm »

((PTW, preparing to change over to hurricane team for your mansion raid))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2016, 04:59:33 pm »

Attempt to cut off the transmission of death metal. ((No offense, Zormod.  I'm just not sure that the universe is ready for death metal diplomacy.))

Pick up Lyra, drop her off in the jungle at the edge of the mansion (but far enough away from the mansion to avoid detection) near any obvious power lines.  Fly low and silently in an attempt to avoid detection.

Then, quickly fly over the mansion, turn off the speakers inside the shuttle or play music in the passenger compartment so we're not affected, and broadcast the following in the numbered order such that the entire plantation can hear:
1.  "we have come in peace.  we are not here to hurt you, but we will respond with non-lethal force if fired upon."
2.  Are they shooting us or about to shoot us?  If so: Empiricist's character's (+4 Charisma) "Don't you fucking dare carry weapons or attack us" message.
3.  Are we now shooting people?  If so: Empiricist's character's "Please disregard our violence" message.
4.  Now, any rioting or running?  If so: Empiricist's character's "Stop rioting and feel bad about yourselves" message.
5.  "great danger approaches this planet.  please remain calm.  we are here to evacuate you to safety."
6.  Lastly: "please congregate near the mansion for evacuation.  it is imperative that you not leave the area.  any questions you may have will be addressed, in-depth, via dialogue in the mansion area.  please present your leader for negotiation and follow the instructions of our evacuation task force."

If there's any shooting or running away after that, use the appropriate Empiricist speech.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 03:30:11 pm by Nunzillor »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2016, 05:04:09 pm »

After dropoff, just before raid begins, am going to cut power to the mansion
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 28, 2016, 12:36:54 pm »

That's an interesting challenge. Check Kate. If she can't fight, try to treat her. Putting her in fighting condition is priority, potential lasting damage isn't.

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 28, 2016, 06:57:45 pm »

Help prepare Kate for fighting, then I'll be with the team going on/into the mansion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12