Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Mission 27: Hurricane Team (ready)  (Read 26990 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 27: Hurricane Team
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2016, 10:38:29 am »

save my mighty and holy rage against technology and computers till later.
Order Draco and Gus to shoot the runner in the legs over the radio! We have the exits covered by them right, RIGHT? Oh god I hope we do!
Grab biggest chunk of wings I can and use jump jet to retreat back to the top of the mansion, broad cast message to the People:

Alright jeeze, You guys don't wanna talk or be rescued? Fine. Stop shooting at least, we'll go if you want..All I wanted to do was talk. Why can't anyone talk! [Insert old time-y exasperated grumbling here]
if they stop shooting demand they bring out a representative for me to speak to.
If they don't Chuck some goop grenades and electro grenades, save one,  into them then cut way down into building with sword. Finish this action off by chucking goop grenade down in hole
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 07:33:15 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Nunzillor

« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2016, 11:05:47 am »

"*sigh* i did warn you about doing that.  damnit, jackson!  the situation can still be salvaged, but we need to act quickly.  zek'thal and root should be in position to enter the mansion.  do so, find and subdue the leader, and bring him to the rooftops.

lyra, do you think you could assist with entering the mansion and subduing their leader?

i'll bring the shuttle around and we'll force him to broadcast a command of surrender to his troops.  in the meantime, i'll try broadcasting a heph message to get them to stop shooting, but i'm not sure how effective it will be.

jackson, can you use your jump pack to get back on the roof?"

((Cross post for Lenglon.))
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 11:13:45 am by Nunzillor »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2016, 11:37:00 am »

Flying in from the secondary portal fortifications, where avalanche team is. i.e. transferring from avalanche team.

Reminder: Exaggerated Movement Mode is on.

If Christopher sees anyone in a guard tower as he flies over the fence, he'll fly in a jagged spiral towards it, throw the glaive/twitchblade at it when reasonably close (i.e. using dex), then go in with the club, attempting to take out the person shooting at him first. He will then loot everything of probable use.

If Christopher does not see an inhabited guard tower, he will fly straight to the mansion-area, grab Sir Jackson, fly him out of the danger zone, perform medicine if immediately necessary, then fly him over to Vanessa, who should be near the crystal monsters where avalanche was.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:36:54 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Nunzillor

« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2016, 12:11:16 pm »

Gunnerbot/Alot Orders

1.  As a reminder, Gus and Draco should both be positioned by the only possible exit from the plantation area.  I'm assuming that people otherwise cannot escape from the area due to the barbed-wire fencing.  Is that correct?
2.  Their orders stand.  They are to non-lethally subdue escaping civilians after warning them not to proceed.  Allow/order them to advance closer to the mansion, to subdue escaping civilians in that area as well in case we made a mistake and the mansion isn't fenced in.
3.  Also, get video footage from Gus so I can be alerted when runners are subdued.
4.  I'm assuming #2 is going to be a problem because they aren't sapient creatures.  If so, perhaps an inactive team member could monitor the video feed and manually order Gus and Draco to fire via audio on a case-by-case basis?

Shuttle

1.  Land on the roof.  Broadcast the "don't you dare attack us" Heph message followed by "do not leave the area."
2.  If civilians are escaping into the jungle and Aphra has a shot, ask her to stop them from doing so.  Non-lethally.  Leonardo too, if possible.
3.  Ask Steve to give Kate some debilitating shocks if the messages succeed in calming down the civilians and she is still about to fire.
4.  Get out of the shuttle and put it on auto-pilot, default to evasive action.  Kate is in command of the shuttle auto-pilot.

Ground

Move with Root and Zek'thal, providing suppressive fire (when we encounter resistance) to help them systematically advance through the mansion hallways and rooms.  Assist in finding the plantation leader and bringing him to the rooftops.  Anyone suitably important looking should suffice.  Use alternate vision modes to determine where hostiles and potential leader is. 

Generally use non-lethal force when possible.  If laser fire cauterizes, remove a hand or two from aggressive hostiles, for example.  Large groups of clearly aggressive enemies get electronades, as long as our suits are insulated against electricity.

If/when I run out of ammo, pick up an enemy weapon, install it in the hardpoint, and use that instead.  If I can (safely) acquire and install another weapon before I run out of ammo, do so early on for better suppression.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:29:45 pm by Nunzillor »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2016, 12:41:48 pm »

Shoot around the soldiers shooting at our guys, but try not to hit them in anything vital or anything that would remove them from the genepool.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 12:57:16 pm by kj1225 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2016, 12:54:31 pm »

Shoot around the soldiers shooting at our guys, but try not to hit them.
((umm, please try and aim close to their legs and wait till after the messages are broadcasted, just to be safe. Don't want to injure any of them or worsen it))
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2016, 01:42:45 pm »

Enter mansion, look for supposedly important civilian. Stun any aggressive civilians on the way.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2016, 07:03:17 pm »

"lyra, do you think you could assist with entering the mansion and subduing their leader?"
Quote from: Lyra to 4
Squirter in woods, chase or target leader?

I pursue the man escaping through the woods. I want to bite him, inject my coag booster / sedative venom, and then move away while the sedative portion of it takes effect.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 02:12:36 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2016, 07:27:25 pm »

Lyra:

"not sure... i would recommend the leader, we'll have a lot more runners if we don't resolve this soon."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2016, 07:31:39 pm »

~message removed for redundancy~
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:35:39 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Moopli

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Spines Here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 14, 2016, 08:04:15 pm »

Enter mansion behind Zek'thal, and if I see hostiles, disarm them first, then pull their arms behind their backs, using pimpmetal at range as before. If hostiles get uncomfortably close to me, club them with pimpmetal or shove them with my exoskelestrength.
"WE MEAN NO HARM. WE SEEK AN AUDIENCE WITH YOUR LEADER. HOSTILES WILL BE NONLETHALLY SUBDUED."

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 14, 2016, 09:12:15 pm »

Follow people who need help, do what they say within reason, and keep an eye out and radio in if anything fishy is noticed by me.

Are there slaves on this plantation, or this planet for that m matter?
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2016, 10:41:39 am »

save my mighty and holy rage against technology and computers till later.
Order Draco and Gus to shoot the runner in the legs over the radio! We have the exits covered by them right, RIGHT? Oh god I hope we do!
Grab biggest chunk of wings I can and use jump jet to retreat back to the top of the mansion, broad cast message to the People:

Alright jeeze, You guys don't wanna talk or be rescued? Fine. Stop shooting at least, we'll go if you want..All I wanted to do was talk. Why can't anyone talk! [Insert old time-y exasperated grumbling here]
if they stop shooting demand they bring out a representative for me to speak to.
If they don't Chuck some goop grenades and electro grenades, save one,  into them then cut way down into building with sword. Finish this action off by chucking goop grenade down in hole

They don't stop shooting, so you start chucking.
You do a fairly good job of it; you get the majority of the guards around the mansion either trapped in goo or electrocuted into unconsciousness. That done, you cut open the roof and huck the goo grenade into a completely unoccupied parlor, ruining the decor. 

Woo boy, getting light headed here.

Flying in from the secondary portal fortifications, where avalanche team is. i.e. transferring from avalanche team.

Reminder: Exaggerated Movement Mode is on.

If Christopher sees anyone in a guard tower as he flies over the fence, he'll fly in a jagged spiral towards it, throw the glaive/twitchblade at it when reasonably close (i.e. using dex), then go in with the club, attempting to take out the person shooting at him first. He will then loot everything of probable use.

If Christopher does not see an inhabited guard tower, he will fly straight to the mansion-area, grab Sir Jackson, fly him out of the danger zone, perform medicine if immediately necessary, then fly him over to Vanessa, who should be near the crystal monsters where avalanche was.

There are several towers around the perimeter of the plantation, flimsy wood and tin things clearly not designed for a firefight. You drop straight down through their roofs and take the occupants out with a few good club swings before looking their rifles and ammo and moving on. By the time you finish you look like some sort of comical rambo parody with 12 assault rifles hanging from your shoulders.

Gunnerbot/Alot Orders

1.  As a reminder, Gus and Draco should both be positioned by the only possible exit from the plantation area.  I'm assuming that people otherwise cannot escape from the area due to the barbed-wire fencing.  Is that correct?
2.  Their orders stand.  They are to non-lethally subdue escaping civilians after warning them not to proceed.  Allow/order them to advance closer to the mansion, to subdue escaping civilians in that area as well in case we made a mistake and the mansion isn't fenced in.
3.  Also, get video footage from Gus so I can be alerted when runners are subdued.
4.  I'm assuming #2 is going to be a problem because they aren't sapient creatures.  If so, perhaps an inactive team member could monitor the video feed and manually order Gus and Draco to fire via audio on a case-by-case basis?

Shuttle

1.  Land on the roof.  Broadcast the "don't you dare attack us" Heph message followed by "do not leave the area."
2.  If civilians are escaping into the jungle and Aphra has a shot, ask her to stop them from doing so.  Non-lethally.  Leonardo too, if possible.
3.  Ask Steve to give Kate some debilitating shocks if the messages succeed in calming down the civilians and she is still about to fire.
4.  Get out of the shuttle and put it on auto-pilot, default to evasive action.  Kate is in command of the shuttle auto-pilot.

Ground

Move with Root and Zek'thal, providing suppressive fire (when we encounter resistance) to help them systematically advance through the mansion hallways and rooms.  Assist in finding the plantation leader and bringing him to the rooftops.  Anyone suitably important looking should suffice.  Use alternate vision modes to determine where hostiles and potential leader is. 

Generally use non-lethal force when possible.  If laser fire cauterizes, remove a hand or two from aggressive hostiles, for example.  Large groups of clearly aggressive enemies get electronades, as long as our suits are insulated against electricity.

If/when I run out of ammo, pick up an enemy weapon, install it in the hardpoint, and use that instead.  If I can (safely) acquire and install another weapon before I run out of ammo, do so early on for better suppression.
Enter mansion, look for supposedly important civilian. Stun any aggressive civilians on the way.
Enter mansion behind Zek'thal, and if I see hostiles, disarm them first, then pull their arms behind their backs, using pimpmetal at range as before. If hostiles get uncomfortably close to me, club them with pimpmetal or shove them with my exoskelestrength.
"WE MEAN NO HARM. WE SEEK AN AUDIENCE WITH YOUR LEADER. HOSTILES WILL BE NONLETHALLY SUBDUED."
1. Yes, unless they're VERY determined.
2.OK
3. Haven't gotten any yet. That runner may have just gone and hidden instead of trying to escape. Place is big and dense with trees, wouldn't be hard to vanish for a while.
4. They know enough not to murder.

1. Done. Broadcasted but seemingly ignored.
2. Ok
3. OK
4. Alright.

You hop down into the mansion through the hole in the roof and start moving through it one room at a time. Most are empty. Not until you hit a main hall do you find a few guards, who immediately open fire. You eliminate them and continue moving, following the guards towards what you assume is the leader of this place. You eventually find a very important looking room. The remaining guards in the building have all gathered here, outside the large, double wooden doors and created barricades with furniture. They look dug in, and you're not sure if you have the ammo to deal with all of them.

Shoot around the soldiers shooting at our guys, but try not to hit them in anything vital or anything that would remove them from the genepool.
You shoot down at the men around the mansion, aiming for the toes. You think you might have gotten one, but their suppressive fire is so intense you can't really say.

Follow people who need help, do what they say within reason, and keep an eye out and radio in if anything fishy is noticed by me.

Are there slaves on this plantation, or this planet for that m matter?
For the moment you're on the roof helping kate.

Slaves? Not sure. You haven't seen any. Or anyone who is obviously a slave.

"lyra, do you think you could assist with entering the mansion and subduing their leader?"
Quote from: Lyra to 4
Squirter in woods, chase or target leader?

I pursue the man escaping through the woods. I want to bite him, inject my coag booster / sedative venom, and then move away while the sedative portion of it takes effect.
You invisibly slink past the gunfight and track the man in the woods. He's easy enough to follow, sweating like he is. You find him hiding behind a tree near the plantation fence and quickly subdue him with a bite.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2016, 11:01:33 am »

Go to mansion, swoop down, airlift Sir Jackson out of there, and back to Vanessa, who should be near the crystal monsters where avalanche was. Return if any time.

"I got you, Jackson! Hang in there!"

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:27:21 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2016, 11:08:54 am »

Shoot at the aggressive soldiers. Try to maim, but preferably not kill.
Note: stopping them is a priority, not keeping them alive.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12