Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

The save file gets corrupted by reclaims. Should the saga of Boarpaints come to an end now?

Hell yeah! Savescum and go for the candy!
- 2 (11.1%)
Let it end now, with NCommander's disastrous turn!
- 6 (33.3%)
Absolutely not! NEVAR GIVE UP, NEVAR SURRENDER!!!
- 9 (50%)
I don't care actually...
- 1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: July 11, 2016, 10:09:03 am

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (v0.23a | FINALE COMING SOOOOOOOOON!)  (Read 117412 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: !!THROWBACK FORTRESS!! (A Succession Game... in v0.23a???)
« Reply #585 on: August 13, 2016, 03:11:25 am »

Oh. Well, I recommend that you read some of his books. They're quite good!
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: August 14, 2016, 05:05:10 pm »

Soooooooo howisthefortressdoing?
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: August 16, 2016, 08:05:15 pm »

ApatheticExcuse has elected to be skipped. The save shall be passed along to NCommander.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #588 on: August 16, 2016, 09:42:07 pm »

I live and I'm up for a turn. But I'm not sure which is the most recent save. Is it the gwolfski save with just two of us remaining?
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #589 on: August 16, 2016, 10:12:30 pm »

If this fortress is in dire need of another overseer, I might be willing to take a turn. While I don't have much experience in the way of narrative/storytelling, I do have a great deal of experience with playing version 0.23 (and might be able to help get this fortress back on the road to recovery) and I'm 99% guaranteed to not have any scheduling problems.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #590 on: August 16, 2016, 10:30:45 pm »

If this fortress is in dire need of another overseer, I might be willing to take a turn. While I don't have much experience in the way of narrative/storytelling, I do have a great deal of experience with playing version 0.23 (and might be able to help get this fortress back on the road to recovery) and I'm 99% guaranteed to not have any scheduling problems.

You're completely welcome to have my slot as its only been one completed turn since I lit the place on fire. I would love to see what you would do with a 23a fortress.
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: August 16, 2016, 11:11:49 pm »

Take it. I'm excited to see what you can do with the place.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: August 21, 2016, 06:55:58 pm »

Sooooooooooo...

Quietust (I'm assuming that you have the save), how would you rate the fortress state of affairs?

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #593 on: August 21, 2016, 09:35:09 pm »

Quietust (I'm assuming that you have the save), how would you rate the fortress state of affairs?
I don't have the save - where can I get it?
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: August 22, 2016, 12:07:54 am »

I don't have the save - where can I get it?

Ah shoot. Whoops.

Here you go.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #595 on: August 22, 2016, 08:12:32 pm »

It looks like a total mess - it's the beginning of Spring, and there are only 2 living dwarves in the fortress. However, the Mountainhomes are aware of the low population (they last received communication in Autumn 1063), and a migrant wave is scheduled to arrive on the 1st of Felsite, but they won't make it unless the Goblins are eliminated in time (a siege is scheduled to arrive on the 15th of Granite, just one day after the Elven caravan).

[edit] Note that I technically haven't yet agreed to play a turn - I'm just examining what I might potentially be up against.

Also, any reason why that save download includes a second copy of itself from a week prior?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 08:28:49 pm by Quietust »

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #596 on: August 23, 2016, 03:22:18 am »

Goblins,eh? Magma lever.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #597 on: August 23, 2016, 06:31:17 am »

Also, that save is from over a month ago - haven't several people played turns since then, or were they all aborted?

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #598 on: August 23, 2016, 10:11:25 am »

Also, that save is from over a month ago - haven't several people played turns since then, or were they all aborted?

We had several aborted attempts at turns. The last completed turns were mine and then Gwolfski's. I played 1062, Gwolfski should have played through 1063, so the current save should be 1064, but I can't check it right now.

Namlet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: August 23, 2016, 11:51:15 am »

Long-time lurker here. Just wanted to say that this is possibly one of the greatest train wrecks I have ever seen a succession game become without being destroyed. Props to all of you.

Also, when/if the fort becomes functional again, dwarf me as Namlet.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 12:00:08 pm by Namlet »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44