Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: [.47.02 - .47.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)  (Read 56174 times)

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [.44.01 - 5] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #75 on: February 05, 2018, 04:55:07 pm »

Haven't received any guests since I started my kobold camp. Does the world's age play into this?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 05, 2018, 07:37:56 pm »

It should start when you make a tavern, actually. o.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 05, 2018, 09:13:15 pm »

I made a tavern which also doubled as a meeting hall. Oh and will the guests be limited by the kobold's allowed jobs since with dfhack I can't farm anything with them now since they don't have farming as a permitted job on their entity list so I don't have a source of booze and other goods made with plants.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 07, 2018, 04:52:36 pm »

Update. It took over a year of ingame time but I finally received a human maceman who was curious about my tavern.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 08, 2018, 11:20:11 am »

I made a tavern which also doubled as a meeting hall. Oh and will the guests be limited by the kobold's allowed jobs since with dfhack I can't farm anything with them now since they don't have farming as a permitted job on their entity list so I don't have a source of booze and other goods made with plants.

Bit belatedly, I don't know if visitors are limited, but remember that you can ferment milk into alcohol. Also, I could've sworn I gave kobolds the plant brewing reactions, so while you can't embark with any plants,nothing at present is stopping you from plant-gathering. XP
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2018, 09:00:09 pm »

One of dfhack's plugins or scripts are blocking any jobs my bolds aren't permitted to do in their entity folder. And the milking of my large herd of mountain goats for fermenting purposes is inefficient. I can't keep a surplus of alcohol. Also any considerations for making the helmet snakes trainable since I kinda wan't them to accompany my militia to battle to make up for their primitive weapons and armor early on until I kill enough invaders to outfit and arm them in some metal. In the meantime I've been stuffing many of the helmet snakes into cages linked to pressure plates nearby. I'm not very concerned with the snakes dying since they have very large clutches of eggs though the not being able to tan their scales is an annoyance.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2018, 09:43:22 pm »

Um. No. FFS if a raw-defined reaction isn't available to a civ, then it's not available to them at all, DFHack or no. Double-check at the still whether or not it shows you the standard brewing reactions. >_>

And hmm, it wouldn't help much since they're kinda small, but maybe.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Altivera

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2018, 10:03:05 pm »

They still have the reactions for brewing plants and growing them at the farm plot. but something with dfhack means I can't enable the labor for plant gathering or planting since the kobolds don't have that as a permitted job in their entity file.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2018, 10:12:39 pm »

Then that is a kinda idiotic issue with DFHack. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: [43.05] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #84 on: February 18, 2018, 05:47:04 am »

EDIT: I discovered while double-checking shit that I ALREADY lowered the progress triggers at some point.

If you don't mind some negative feedback, I'm starting to believe that the progress triggers are too low right now. I've started two fortresses in the latest version (in admitedly tough embarks) and on both I was getting sieged by other civs before I even had 20 kobolds.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: [44.01] Kobold Kamp (now with 25% more kefir)
« Reply #85 on: February 18, 2018, 09:14:34 am »

Right now the big ones are the chance of being able to embark with worldgen-tamed venomous critters, and being re-given mechanics. Unlike in vanilla I kept access to domestic critters because this feature does NOT adequately replace the access to pack animals currently required by merchants.

Though now that you can use cage traps and socializing might be functional now, I might remove access to domestic pets and likewise disable trading. Though adding a milkable of some form might still be deisrable.

You can add multiple [ANIMAL] headers that include [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] and get guaranteed pack animals with nothing else.

[ANIMAL_TOKEN:MULE]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PACK_ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]

This worked to make my civ capable of trade, though they didn't bring wagons.
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 18, 2018, 12:27:58 pm »

If you don't mind some negative feedback, I'm starting to believe that the progress triggers are too low right now. I've started two fortresses in the latest version (in admitedly tough embarks) and on both I was getting sieged by other civs before I even had 20 kobolds.

Now the sieges are working right? This has been one of the biggest fundamental issues in DF wherein invaders take forever to show up despite progress triggers being met. Hmm. This gives me a thought. Should I restore the whole "inverted thief logic" thing so that non-kobolds send "scouts" as a first method of contact, or just bump p the progress triggers?

You can add multiple [ANIMAL] headers that include [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT] and get guaranteed pack animals with nothing else.

[ANIMAL_TOKEN:MULE]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PACK_ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]

This worked to make my civ capable of trade, though they didn't bring wagons.

Already did that, after making mountain goats work as pack animals.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 18, 2018, 01:55:56 pm »

Now the sieges are working right? This has been one of the biggest fundamental issues in DF wherein invaders take forever to show up despite progress triggers being met. Hmm. This gives me a thought. Should I restore the whole "inverted thief logic" thing so that non-kobolds send "scouts" as a first method of contact, or just bump p the progress triggers?

I would say that yes, they work. Both dwarves and humans would send sieges quite oftenly (usualy every 1-2 years). The lazy attackers thing from the 43.05 version is gone too, now they all go straight for the fortress attacking everyone on sight. To be honest though, I don't mind the early sieges, my only problem is that they send too many, too early, forcing me to rely on lockdowns.

I've taken a look at the entity file and, unless I'm mistaken, it seems like thief logic overides the progress triggers. Both dwarves and humans sent their forces before I could reach their respective trigger, so rising them might not change anything.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 18, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »

That's odd. Thing is it seems that whether siegers can be bothered to send anyone has still, even into 43.05, been incredibly inconsistent.

Though if that's the case I'm not sure WHAT the best option is. Give them back thieves, I guess?
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 18, 2018, 04:30:39 pm »

By "give them back thieves" you mean to give the tag to the other civs and not to the kobolds, correct?

I don't know what would be the best, but reading this passage from the wiki (and assuming it's correct) makes me think that giving the other civs ambusher or babysnatcher might ensure some form of early contact before sieges can trigger. I'm going to give it a try and see what happens.

Sends thieves to steal items. This will also occur in history generation, and thieves will have the "thief" profession. Items stolen in history gen will be scattered around that creature's home. Also causes that civ to be hostile to any entity without this token. Without this tag (or AMBUSHER, or BABYSNATCHER), enemy civs will only siege (if capable), and will siege as early as they would otherwise steal.

edit: And as I'm modifying the raw, I realize that giving everyone babysnatcher will make them allies

« Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 04:50:43 pm by Ulfarr »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12