Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81867 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #180 on: April 22, 2016, 11:04:26 am »

Cameron flinches just a bit at the maid part before in a sympathetic tone.
I can imagine how much it would cost and it's not a preety thought plus I imagine maids aren't cheap...
....Damn ahaha I can't believe this guy confesses murder to me...
Keep talking.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 11:28:21 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 22, 2016, 11:25:35 am »

Summon a Perfectly Generic Object.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 22, 2016, 03:31:37 pm »

Summon some food, wait for Soleus to arrive.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 22, 2016, 07:41:44 pm »

Manually clean up the house a bit, and make an inventory of my magical supplies left (if any). While doing the laundry, cast a spell to clean our dirty clothes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 22, 2016, 08:13:29 pm »

Dominic waits and watches the upcoming conflict, carefully considering the best use of his two reasonably positive spells, and what he can do to expend the negative ones quickly in the upcoming conflict.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 22, 2016, 10:10:13 pm »

You dare call me a monster? Learn your place Human!

Cast Stompy Stomp on the guards

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 23, 2016, 04:00:50 am »

Cameron flinches just a bit at the maid part before in a sympathetic tone.
I can imagine how much it would cost and it's not a preety thought plus I imagine maids aren't cheap...
....Damn ahaha I can't believe this guy confesses murder to me...
Keep talking.
"That's right! Especially good ones like she was! Getting replacement of equal quality won't easy nor cheap, all consolation money going for her family, reputation damage... It's not much per se, but it all accumulates rather quickly. All because of one annoying dream. It's a bad omen." He takes another long sip. "Did you too see it?"

Summon a Perfectly Generic Object.
4. A ladle. It's very generic object.

Summon some food, wait for Soleus to arrive.
1. Small glass sphere appears.

The shrunken boxes in your pocket are about to flip their size enchantment to the other extreme. It may be good idea to drop them off before that happens.

Manually clean up the house a bit, and make an inventory of my magical supplies left (if any). While doing the laundry, cast a spell to clean our dirty clothes.
[6] It may be better to start off from clean state and just throw away everything that's on floor. You don't know what they have been in contact with, after all. Corroded traces that were left on the floor kinda reminds you of the monster Crazyabe summoned in his house, and who knows how what it has been touching. Better safe than sorry. You swipe all cutlery and heavier books on the floor outside and off your flying piece of land.

As per magical supplies, the only thing mage really needs is his or her brain. Empty scrolls to save spells on are quite mundane and can be easily purchased from anywhere. Everything else can magic provide (again).

2. A mane grows around your neck. It's soft and much like normal hair, except around throat where it is more like beard.

There's a slight shifting sensation when the house comes to stop. The house have reached its destination.

Dominic waits and watches the upcoming conflict, carefully considering the best use of his two reasonably positive spells, and what he can do to expend the negative ones quickly in the upcoming conflict.
[4] Improving your undetectability is one way to spend good ones. Or summon a weapon. Or modify your force field to protect from things other than giant orange juice barrel. Or... well, that's about it. As for bad interactions something small maybe. Perhaps carving more poetry on ground? Or try to do something to the elephantman mage, he seems a bit self-destructive and you certainly don't want to be caught on that.

Oh well he fucked up already. This is gonna end badly for someone.

You dare call me a monster? Learn your place Human!

Cast Stompy Stomp on the guards
2. Stopmy Stomp doesn't happen. Two coins materialize between you and harmlessly fall down.

[1] The guards are on top of their game and realize right away that you tried to do something rather negative at them. They shout alert about hostile mage and charge at you. They know very well that you could kill them them rather easily should magic feel helpful, and they are trained well enough to know to not give you any time to cast spells.
[6] Guards aim their spears at your neck, but instead hit your tusks making them crack and send shocks of pain into your head. Your tusks can't take another hit like that without breaking. Or most likely, a decent punch would be enough to break them. And that's gonna hurt.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 23, 2016, 04:10:56 am »

Improve the workshop (with magic!)!
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 06:06:49 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 23, 2016, 04:44:15 am »

Well, this is going swimmingly. Huh. What to do what to do what to do ... if I cast in front of these obviously hostile fellows, there will be trouble. If I DON'T cast, that elephant mage may be trouble. All I wanted was some shiny pants, a nice meal, and a clean tent.

((did the orange juice barrel happen to follow us to town?))

I cast Heal Tusk!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 23, 2016, 07:46:42 am »

Move away from the sphere, and place the boxes on the ground so that they won't clobber me when they expand.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 23, 2016, 08:20:11 am »

Actually yes. I forgot the whole thing. It's there with you two and probably should be attacking the guards right now.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 23, 2016, 09:57:24 am »

Actually yes. I forgot the whole thing. It's there with you two and probably should be attacking the guards right now.
I can't tell if this makes me more, or less conspicuous. hopefully, the two crazy, outlandish fellows making the ruckus will keep the guards' attention (along with any bystanders' attention).

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 23, 2016, 11:03:55 am »

Cameron casually shifts through his memory's for bad dreams....he finds none.
Huh I don't think I've ever had a bad dream strangely enough.So what was the dream about?
say the above[\b]
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 23, 2016, 11:33:17 am »

*Elephantman War Cry*
PUNY HUMANS

Use my tusks to stab them through

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: April 24, 2016, 11:55:54 am »

Improve the workshop (with magic!)!
5. Numerous blue crystals erupt from walls and ceiling around the containment circle. This dispel array sucks magic out of everything inside, effectively dispelling any and all enchantments if you wish so.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Move away from the sphere, and place the boxes on the ground so that they won't clobber me when they expand.
You put the boxes on line giving each enough space for their inevitable growth spurt. Moments after you are done with that they expand rapidly back to their original size and then three or four times larger from that. In the end you have a wall of four meter tall and wide boxes.

You notice two things now. First, a dark blot on the sky, high above your dome. Darker than the smoke surrounding it but not unnaturally dark. Secondly, the glass sphere doubles its size.

Cameron casually shifts through his memory's for bad dreams....he finds none.
Huh I don't think I've ever had a bad dream strangely enough.So what was the dream about?
say the above
"Lucky you." he snorts. Another sip from the bottle. "Well, it's hard to put in any sensible terms which is why it was so annoying. Constantly changing, the moment I got some sense of it, it changed again. Kinda like feverish nightmare, you know? Utter lack of any order and structure. My dreams are not usually very structured either, but this one was even less so. One moment I was on probably on bottom of ocean, next in room too large to comprehend, then falling upwards from sky, then in... I don't know what it was. Some sort of twisted lattice made of intestines, repeated ad infinitum? Then I was helding the world on my palm and it was a cube, after that I swam in sea of fire colder than my mother-in-law and simultaneously hotter than that girl there." He points at one quite attractive maid fixing snacks on on nearby table.
"I'm gonna hire her next, by the way. Anyway, the whole time there was this formless thing asking me to do things that made no sense. Conflicting orders. 'Burn this house', 'save kids in this burning house', 'blow up orphanage' and so on. It kept going until I finally woke up very irritated and rest is history." Finishing the explanation he almost finishes the wine bottle too. "I have to find someone who can explain dreams later. You know any good ones?"

Well, this is going swimmingly. Huh. What to do what to do what to do ... if I cast in front of these obviously hostile fellows, there will be trouble. If I DON'T cast, that elephant mage may be trouble. All I wanted was some shiny pants, a nice meal, and a clean tent.

I cast Heal Tusk!
Frankly, the elephant dude is already in trouble if those crossbow wielding men on top of walls are any indication. Alarm is being trumpeted right now calling more guards to protect the city. They are also closing the gate, not that it would stop any mage who really wants to get inside. If anything, it's to keep civilians out of trouble.

3. The spell kinda works. Kinda. Surface cracks on his tusks disappear at least granting them marginally more structural integrity.

One of the crossbowmen shoots your companion on arm, another shoots at the juice barrel, grabs crossbow from guy next to him and shoots it again, and remaining four with loaded crowssbows seem to wonder who to shoot at next. They vary between aiming the elephant dude, the barrel and you, but refrain from shooting at the moment. Either they don't identify you as an mage because so far you have been very unoffensive, or they are not desperate enough to shoot potential forced followers. Some mages have done that, you know.

*Elephantman War Cry*
PUNY HUMANS

Use my tusks to stab them through
[4] You roar at same time as trumpet from walls does, producing very menacing combination sound. Stabbing both of them is quite hard because they have shields, but you figure to leave one for the barrel man and handle another one by yourself. The guard rises his shield against your attack, but your tusks go through it impaling his shield arm. He screams and tries to stab you in turn, but he has hard time doing so, thanks for you lifting your head up along with his arm in very unpleasant position.

The giant juice barrel does what giant animated juice barrel does best and barrels down the remaining guard. It stops to jump on him spilling plenty of its precious juice over.

[2] One out of seven crossbowmen on the wall has enough faith his skills to hit you and not injure the man stuck on tour tusks. The bolt pierces your right forearm leaving a bleeding hole.

Likewise only one another is willing to risk life of their partner and shoots at the juice barrel. His shot goes through the barrel, but he's not satisfied with one shot. He grabs loaded crossbow from man next to him and shoots another bolt with surgical precision right next of previous bolt. This results the guard under it being covered in sticky orange juice.

Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 55