Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82090 times)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #195 on: April 24, 2016, 12:02:19 pm »

Let's see...  Summon a scrying orb, in a different room from the lab.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 24, 2016, 12:10:48 pm »

"My mother knows how to do that kinda thing very well I don't know if she actually takes customers but she's done it for me plenty of times."
Conversation it is thrilling.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 24, 2016, 12:30:27 pm »

Use my scroll of binding to contain the glass orb.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 25, 2016, 11:34:37 am »

Let's see...  Summon a scrying orb, in a different room from the lab.
3. It's less an orb than formless glass blob, which makes it difficult to perceive what it shows. Scrying functionality itself seems mostly work, but everything it shows is very distorted to point where almost impossible to be certain what it shows. Familiar subjects are easier to recognize.

"My mother knows how to do that kinda thing very well I don't know if she actually takes customers but she's done it for me plenty of times."
Conversation it is thrilling.
"Oh? Where she can be found at? Could you perhaps write me recommendation letter? I would pay lot for the service, but you understand I have large expenses coming soon."

Use my scroll of binding to contain the glass orb.
6. The spell shape written with black steel flies up to sky. Moments later six very tall steel pillars fall from sky in rapid succession. They strike deep into ground forming a loose ring around the sphere. Six chains made of similar black steel slam against side of each pillar, bending tops together into a ceiling. Chains wrap themselves around the pillars, forming tight braid while descending closer and closer the ground, accelerating on each round. When last links of the chains finally meet the ground they do so at speed of sound. And as a cherry on top of the cake, six huge stakes strike through the chain links nailing them tightly together and the ground.

Inside its steel bridcage the orb doubles its size again. It's now 0.5 meters wide, and the cage itself is three meters wide. You are fairly certain the cage can contain it safely. Yes, fairly certain...

« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 11:45:11 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 25, 2016, 11:41:16 am »

Do you have any paper or parchment on you or know  where you can get some? If so I can write the location down for you along with a reccomendation letter.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2016, 01:42:12 pm »

I cast protection from harm on myself, Elephantman, the barrel, the guards, and the entire town.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 25, 2016, 02:12:59 pm »

Improve the orb, using the crafting staff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 25, 2016, 03:55:59 pm »

cast Human Shield - Any objects that come towards me hits the guard.
Get those archers up on the walls!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 25, 2016, 04:16:59 pm »

((Didn't I use that 1 in front of my queue when I summoned the glass orb?))

Make two teleportation scrolls, assuming I got rid of that 1 before.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 25, 2016, 04:53:40 pm »

((Oops, I was again sure I posted my turn))
"My, how...fluffy. Anna, do you think I should keep it or shave it ?"

Ask Anna to help me shave it if she thinks I shouldn't keep it.

"Time to turn our home into something a bit more proper for us."

Channel the power of magic to expand our flying patch of land, then create a powerful protective shield around the result that can be controlled via the control room.
If that is not too much for one turn, also turn our house into a villa/manor/palace (whichever is okay).

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2016, 12:27:03 pm »

Do you have any paper or parchment on you or know  where you can get some? If so I can write the location down for you along with a reccomendation letter.
"No, but surely master of the house has. Hey you!" He calls out nearby servant. "Fetch me two sheets of parchament and a pen!" The servant bows and hurries away.
While waiting for writing implements he continues the small talk: "Have you not followed in footsteps of your mother? One would expect parents teach their children some of their less exoteric skills."

I cast protection from harm on myself, Elephantman, the barrel, the guards, and the entire town.
4. Brief glow on your and everyone's skin informs you about successful spell. Let's see how good it is. Ah, a Die shatters in your pocket.
((See Atian's turn.))

Improve the orb, using the crafting staff.
[3+3] The glass blob reshapes itself into perfect orb, so light, smooth and slippery that you must hold it with both hands very, very carefully.

cast Human Shield - Any objects that come towards me hits the guard.
Get those archers up on the walls!
2. Your beautiful gray skin turns pink! Oh horror! And something makes horrible rending sound in your pocket.

Two crossbowmen on walls feel now more confident about shooting you and they let bolts loose. One hits back of the man on your tusks. He's screaming intesify in volume a bit. The second bolt [1] hits right into your open eye. Suprisingly enough it doesn't penetrate it or even do any damage, but the way the bolt expends it's kinetic energy on your eye feels unpleasant enough forcing you shake your head, which in turn causes the guard on your tusks slip off. His face is twisted in pain and panic. Perhaps because of the fear he drops his shield, picks up his fallen spear and continues his assault!
[1] While his aim is a bit off thanks to his broken and bleeding arm, your ability to dodge is even worse. The spearhead hits in the same eye the bolt hit with exactly same effect. No damage, only unpleasant pressure. He's confused by your invulnerability and so are you.

Two more bolts plink off the animated juice barrel with third missing narrowly. The guard under it performs nifty manouver tripping the barrel and getting back up into fighting stance. The barrel has only little juice left in it now.

One of the marksmen decides to shoot your fried who has been standing behind so far, no doubt analyzing situation in order to cast great magic. His aim is deadly perfect [6], but Dominic's dodge is even more so. He does impressive cartwheel to side, turns around, bends over and slaps his ass. "Can't touch this!" he shouts.

((Didn't I use that 1 in front of my queue when I summoned the glass orb?))

Make two teleportation scrolls, assuming I got rid of that 1 before.
((Turns out you did. Makes me wonder what else I have forgotten to make note of.))
Scrolls succesfully made. The glass orb doubles it size again. The dark blot on sky grows larger. Another Die shatters in your pockets. This is a rather worrying trend.

((Oops, I was again sure I posted my turn))
"My, how...fluffy. Anna, do you think I should keep it or shave it ?"

Ask Anna to help me shave it if she thinks I shouldn't keep it.

"Time to turn our home into something a bit more proper for us."

Channel the power of magic to expand our flying patch of land, then create a powerful protective shield around the result that can be controlled via the control room.
If that is not too much for one turn, also turn our house into a villa/manor/palace (whichever is okay).

Anna gives it critical examination by running her fingers through it repeatedly. Many times. Eventually she buries her face on its softer parts and mumbles her approval.

4. Your floating piece of land expands outwards doubling its size. It probably expands downwards also.

5. Variable forcefield surrounds your house. It's size and protective features can be managed through your primary control orb. Currently it protects the house from physical forces by repelling, meaning nothing can approach it fast enough to do any damage.

5. A villa is probably all that can fit on your personal land right now. The house grows and changes entirely, new quality furniture grows from floor and walls, chandeliers from ceiling. Windows grows much larger, smoked glass is replaced with extremely clear version giving excellent view to outside (which would be better if it wasn't only smoke and ash). Soft carpet invites you walk on barefoot on it. You find out your new and improved kitchen has replenished food stores and some cookbooks piled on table. On brand new second floor you find bedroom featuring soft large bed, wardrobes filled with clean clothes for you both. An empty study room ready to be transformed for any purposes you need. And lastly a sparkly clean bathroom with a large comfortable looking bathtub. It might be a bit of hassle to warm up enough water to fill it completely.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2016, 12:45:47 pm »

Write the location of mothers place down its near the coast and in a glade surronded by trees very idlic and on the second piece of parchment write a letter of recommendation for this guy to mother.
hmm I didn't take to it very well unfortunately so I would not ask me I kinda forgot how to she taught me when I was like 5 I took after some of her other skills well like sewing and stuff though I learned mostly lots of practical things stuff you'll use often basically I learned how to maintain my self and my abode happy that she taught me that stuff I'd probably be in deep trouble otherwise.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2016, 01:54:24 pm »

Land near Samuel's location, and meet with him.

"Hello my friend ! I'm here to take Tec back, did he behave properly ? Oh, and what are you doing here ?"
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 03:21:20 pm by Nakéen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 26, 2016, 01:57:04 pm »

Make an extremely gaudy stand for the orb.  Preferably, it should be easy to carry.
Sigtext

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 26, 2016, 02:48:39 pm »

Rest in our villa for the time being, until we reach Samuel's location. Change clothes, take a bath, etc...[/b
You are already there.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 55