Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81865 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages
« Reply #210 on: April 26, 2016, 03:21:23 pm »

Rest in our villa for the time being, until we reach Samuel's location. Change clothes, take a bath, etc...[/b
You are already there.
Oh, my bad. Changed my post accordingly.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 26, 2016, 03:54:28 pm »

I dont know what this pink thing is but its pretty awesome!

Cast "Shoot Arrows" form arrows magically and use magic to shoot them at the archers.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 27, 2016, 07:53:22 am »

"Did this die shatter? I though t they weren't supposed to do that. How is that possible? these have been around since forever, and have been used to cast far greater spells than this. Was it due to interacting with another spell from another die? that is baffling indeed."

Dominic, still shaking his ass at the guards, contemplates what caused the die to break. He casts Fairy Bubbles absently as he ponders. Bubbles always brighten on's day, and aid one in serious thinking.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 27, 2016, 11:25:15 am »

Write the location of mothers place down its near the coast and in a glade surronded by trees very idlic and on the second piece of parchment write a letter of recommendation for this guy to mother.
hmm I didn't take to it very well unfortunately so I would not ask me I kinda forgot how to she taught me when I was like 5 I took after some of her other skills well like sewing and stuff though I learned mostly lots of practical things stuff you'll use often basically I learned how to maintain my self and my abode happy that she taught me that stuff I'd probably be in deep trouble otherwise.
((Punctuation please.))

"Huh, I guess you didn't have talent for it then. It's unreasonable to assume everyone can do everything. Civilization wouldn't function if that was the case."

Writing implements arrive [5] and you draw most perfect calligraphy you have ever done. It's nice to see at least some of mom's teachings have stuck. The man, whose name shall remain mystery forever, thanks for your assistance and decides this matter is far more important than the party and leaves right away.

So, what's next? Wanna control minds of these people? Having cream of local nobility in your pockets would make this city quite safe for you, though the most important people are not here.

Land near Samuel's location, and meet with him.

"Hello my friend ! I'm here to take Tec back, did he behave properly ? Oh, and what are you doing here ?"
The orb in your hand you move the island as low as you can. Getting safely off the island without magic is a bit of problem though. It does have some troubling height after all. Might be good idea to implement some sort levitating platform for transporting people and goods.

You peer over the edge of your island and indeed locate poor Tec. Its wooden "flesh" and vine hair has been burned off, leaving stone skeleton behind. It does still function and recognize Anna, because it walks right under you two. It has same problem getting up as you have with getting down.

Other things you notice here is a line of huge wooden boxes and large black steel cage not far from them. Inside the cage is about a meter wide glass sphere. Considering how the dome covering Samuel's housing is also very huge it almost seems like he's compensating for something. Or magic messing with him. Can't be too sure with mages.

Make an extremely gaudy stand for the orb.  Preferably, it should be easy to carry.
3. A copper bowl materializes. It's loose fit, so the orb rattles in it uncomfortably. But it works.

I dont know what this pink thing is but its pretty awesome!

Cast "Shoot Arrows" form arrows magically and use magic to shoot them at the archers.
((Apparently I forgot to remove 2 from your last spell. Call out if you spot mistakes.))

4. Couple of iron tipped arrows appear above your head and are launched forward before gravity can pull them down. Your more or less conventional attack suprises crossbowmen enough that only two of them manages to drop down behind battlements. The rest however are completely unaffected by your arrows. This suprises them as much as it annoys you.

The two guards who dodged your arrows shoot back, [3] one bolt hitting corner of your eye without doing any damage at all while second misses. This smells like magic. Only mage here besides you is your buddy. There could be third one hiding somewhere, but you find it unlikely.

The animated juice barrel fumbles while the guard fighting with it flips it upside down. Its last juices are wasted on dry road and it stops moving. Death has come to your unlikely follower. Meanwhile the second spearman whose arm you impaled trips over nothing. He doesn't rise up anymore. His companion shouts in blind rage. "Murderer! You killed my friend!"

"Did this die shatter? I though t they weren't supposed to do that. How is that possible? these have been around since forever, and have been used to cast far greater spells than this. Was it due to interacting with another spell from another die? that is baffling indeed."

Dominic, still shaking his ass at the guards, contemplates what caused the die to break. He casts Fairy Bubbles absently as he ponders. Bubbles always brighten on's day, and aid one in serious thinking.
1. Numerous of black oily orbs appear all around you. The orbs twist and deform, and within seconds they pop revealing vile little creatures inside.

Imagine them like this: Take a common house cat. Pull it broader, shrink it to length of your palm, apply pair of large wings on it, rip half of its fur away and give it upright posture. Make its forearms multijointed, one is doubly length of another. Give it scarred owl's head, add two large cat's ears, eyestalks, way too huge beak coupled with tusks like your companion has. Now take its tail and put a snake in its place, twice as long as the creature itself. It screeches with high-pitched voice like a particularly annoyed baby while hovering in place, twitching like hummingbird. It reeks of rotting blood.

And you have twenty of them.

They scatter unbelievably fast to poke and annoy anyone they can find. Two remain behind to claw and bite your ears ineffectively.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 27, 2016, 11:27:46 am »

Let's see if we can try and talk to dear old mom from here mind to mind talk.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 27, 2016, 01:21:32 pm »

Soleus can't contain the tears when he sees Tec moving and operational.

"I will take good care of you from now on."

Soleus do wonder where is Samuel. Shouldn't he be waiting for him ? Maybe he got something funny going on.

Create an elevating platform to allow getting on/off the island a bit more easily. Then go check on Samuel, while leaving Tec and Anna to guard the villa.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 27, 2016, 02:03:25 pm »

Now, for a big one.

Make the fortress self-replenishing, modifiable, and helpful in whatever I decide to do.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 27, 2016, 03:02:13 pm »

"YOU KILLED MY ORANGE JUICE BARREL COMPANION! YOU MURDER!"

Cast "Stompy Stomp" on the guard that killed the Orangejuice barrel.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 27, 2016, 03:41:03 pm »

Step out of the shadow I was presumably hiding under and greet Soleus. Help Tec up if need be, and give Excavation of Zaaerath to Soleus.

"Why, hello, Soleus. I must apologize for the mess. You see, magic decided to give me an exponentially-growing glass orb, and I'm not quite sure what to do with it."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:01:23 pm by Whisperling »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 27, 2016, 03:56:43 pm »

"A glass orb ? Oh, the orb caged right there. Will the cage hold ?..."

Soleus is a bit worried by an exponentially-growing glass orb in a metal cage.
"Nice housing you have there. Are you up to anything particular here ?"

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 27, 2016, 04:30:32 pm »

"Well... I either teleport it into outer space, or into a city I don't like. I figure the cage will hold until I determine whether there's anything that desperately needs killing."

"I'm not up to much right now, honestly. Just got back from a trip to nab some Dice of Order."

Samuel broadcasts the next line to everyone in the video conference.

"...Speaking of Dice of Order. Have any of yours... broken? Three of mine have turned to dust for no apparent reason. It's got me worried, I have to say."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 27, 2016, 04:31:34 pm »

<I've lost two.  Ditto about the 'worried' bit.>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2016, 04:35:08 pm »

"Three ?! Only one turned into dust for me, and it already got me extra worried ! What did you do to destroy three of them ??"

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2016, 04:42:48 pm »

"Not a clue. Two of my own went kaput, and just now, one of the five I found in Tenhe."

Samuel pauses for a moment.

"These dice have lasted millennia. Since the beginning of the universe, if you believe the myths. And they're breaking... now. Something is going on here, mark my words. Something big..."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2016, 04:49:55 pm »

"I am not so knowledgeable about the myths and legends of the universe, but I do grasp the gravity of the situation. As the remaining survivors of our happy go-lucky group of mages, I hope we will be able to count on each other if one of us turn out to need help."

Soleus tries to remember what happened when his dice turned into dust. But he already had a memory loss before, so the events seem of no importance.

"Anyway, I'm trying to find some sort of promised land to flee too. The past day has been hectic, and I'm looking for some peace."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 55