Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82115 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Specicide strictly optional
« Reply #375 on: May 12, 2016, 10:41:07 pm »

Soleus sighs. Can't say he isn't used to this. After living a life of being scorned and misunderstood by magicless people, he is immune to any insult.

Read the holographic map, and head for a place where I am sure people won't fetch their pitchforks upon seeing a floating piece of land. If I know of no such land, head for Samuel's location.

"Well, I've been having some bad luck recently. Guess the burns kinda give that away. You guys all right on your end? I've still got a severe lack of beneficial magic, but I'm bored, have a staff, and might be able to get myself over in one piece. Should anyone want a hand, I'd be more than happy to provide it."
"Sorry for answering so late, I was having an argument with my servants. Sigh. Anyway, I got one good roll followed by many failures. I don't have much need for this [5] for now, so if you need some help call me."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: May 12, 2016, 10:42:37 pm »

<Hey, any of you two want on a floating underground fortress?>
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: May 12, 2016, 10:44:16 pm »

"Mmh, why not ? I should really visit you. Oh, good idea actually."

Action change. Head for the Flying Fish Fortress.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 13, 2016, 12:40:37 pm »

Carefully begin taking this stuff off me make some lint using magic.
[1] "Careful" is rather wrong word for this. More like recklessly swinging your arms around unseathed blades and various chemical bottles. Coupled with your strength aura this naturally is very bad for your health, because you end up cutting your wrists completely open and soaking who knows what into fresh wounds.

[6] Despite of bleeding out you manage to focus enough to burn the 1 so you can have access functional spells.

1. You have no idea what the spell did because you are under pile of stuff, but you do hear creaking sounds, something you might expect hearing in poorly supperted mine.

Make my creations, which is to say, the fortress, the army, and (should she assent to this) Laudata, look good-as-opposed-to-ominous.
You made Laudata's body with 5, so she's already drop dead gorgeous. And she probably wouldn't like it if you were to change her body more (with 6 no less).

6. The hallway expands, complex patterns engrave themselves on walls, pillars and support arches gain lots of royally opressive decorations. The Avatar armors lined up in hallways gain utterly pompous gold, silver and chrome decorations, embedded jewelry and eternally flowing capes (regardless of the fact that no wind blows in these hallways). It all practically yells "I'm so fucking rich that I piss liquid gold and shit diamonds, I know it and I'm damn proud about it! Kneel before me, you worms, but don't smudge anything!"
((Think those Saint Seiya folks in their overtly shiny ridiculous gold armors.))

Your army likewise gains appearance boost. Their carapace splits into chrome shelled pieces accentuating their natural musculature. It expands on their head covering face and mouth making it look like they are wearing fantastic looking helmet. It doesn't do anything about their dangerous look however. Now they just look like they are very good at their job and they like their job very, very much. Gives them kinda overbearing appearance.

"Welp, that is heavy. So much for portability. Ah well."

Dominic Casts Create MapBall Table to make a table with a sort of stand in the middle to support the mapball. Then He casts Create Comfortable Three Story Private Residence. to house his stuff and his self.
3. Have a piece of thick log with a bowl carved on top. Simplest table you can get.

4. Your camp site becomes a front yard of the house, which in turn appears to be comfortable. Sofas are nice, bed is soft, diner in pleasant, storage space is plenty. It's good place to live in.

Get them to try again. Imperfect or not, they've got to find the ends of the bandages at some point.
[5] By constantly directing and guiding their movements you get them unwrap you. It takes time and similarly precise orders tough, but finally your wounds are properly bandaged. You still end up looking like a mummy, but more mobile kind. Doesn't help with the pain though. Some cooling salves would be really nice.

Or a potion of healing.

Might as well chug the potion of fire breath too. It probably doesn't make that much of difference whether you are burned inside too.

Soleus sighs. Can't say he isn't used to this. After living a life of being scorned and misunderstood by magicless people, he is immune to any insult.

Read the holographic map, and head for a place where I am sure people won't fetch their pitchforks upon seeing a floating piece of land. If I know of no such land, head for Samuel's location.

"Well, I've been having some bad luck recently. Guess the burns kinda give that away. You guys all right on your end? I've still got a severe lack of beneficial magic, but I'm bored, have a staff, and might be able to get myself over in one piece. Should anyone want a hand, I'd be more than happy to provide it."
"Sorry for answering so late, I was having an argument with my servants. Sigh. Anyway, I got one good roll followed by many failures. I don't have much need for this [5] for now, so if you need some help call me."
You don't know such places. You are still by Samuel's stone dome. Haven't moved since you arrived.

"Mmh, why not ? I should really visit you. Oh, good idea actually."

Action change. Head for the Flying Fish Fortress.
Right. Did he say where he is? Let's assume he did. By Teeths. That's a long way to travel, but not so when you can fly. Still, it's will take some time.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: May 13, 2016, 12:44:43 pm »

INVENT THE SPELL HEAL TELEPORT SOMEWHERE WHERE I WOULD BE ACCEPTED. effects of heal teleport:IT TELEPORTS YOU AWAY AND HEALS YOU 
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: May 13, 2016, 01:09:17 pm »

Let's cool it on the 'overbearing' bit.  (use the magic.)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 10:01:54 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: May 13, 2016, 09:58:32 pm »

In the meantime, just relax and spend some time time resting. My life is too stressful.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 13, 2016, 10:26:41 pm »

Gulp down firebreath potion, then immediately use the scroll of healing. I know this set of burns is coming, so brace for it beforehand so I can use the scroll right away.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 14, 2016, 07:20:35 am »

"Excellent. I was actually expecting a very flimsy card table with a wobbly leg. This is a step up! Now all I need is a wife, 2.5 kids, a dog, two cats, some fish, and a picket fence, and I will be living the average life. Again, I really need to stop talking to myself. People will think things, and that is always dangerous."

Dominic casts Teleport MapLog into reading Room. And then, assuming this does not destroy the log, the reading room, or Dominic, he upends the log and rolls it onto the porch, sets it to the side of thestairs, next to the banister and the hanging swing, and returns to lift and lug the MapBall up, placing it in the bowl of the log. Finally, he sits in the hanging swing:

Spoiler: like this, btw (click to show/hide)

and activates the mapBall, examining the nearby region for signs of magic and danger.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 14, 2016, 09:42:17 am »

INVENT THE SPELL HEAL TELEPORT SOMEWHERE WHERE I WOULD BE ACCEPTED. effects of heal teleport:IT TELEPORTS YOU AWAY AND HEALS YOU 
Invent or cast? Makes huge difference.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: May 14, 2016, 10:26:52 am »

Invent or cast? Makes huge difference.
Cast.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 14, 2016, 12:17:46 pm »

6. There's only one way this can be done with single cast. Magic simply backtraces you into place and time where you were healthy and accepted, and then restores your body into that state and location in present. The place and time in question is the camp you woke up on this morning. This means all your equipment and enchantments are gone because you didn't have those when you went to sleep. Only thing that remains is your memories, skills and knowledge. And your fame.

And the camp? It's in burning woods. Fire really appreciates your presence here. Smoke makes it's home into your lungs. Really, there's nobody here who hates you. You could argue that fire hates you, but that's easy mistake to make. Fire loves everybody equally and is very passionate about it.

Let's cool it on the 'overbearing' bit.  (use the magic.)
3. The change is minor and you detect it only because you are looking for it. Still, better than nothing.

In the meantime, just relax and spend some time time resting. My life is too stressful.
[1] ...no rest for wicked.

You sit down on couch and close your eyes, hoping for rest, when sound of breaking vase from upstairs alerts you. You sigh, and after few moments go find out what's happening. It turns out that Marie found both Noel and Anna, and is now in progress of beating Noel down. It doesn't seem entirely one sided match even when Marie is dealing most of the punches. Noel takes the damage silently, but every now and then she gives lightning fast jabs that definitely seem to hurt. Anna is just standing there looking angry and isn't doing anything to stop the fight.

Gulp down firebreath potion, then immediately use the scroll of healing. I know this set of burns is coming, so brace for it beforehand so I can use the scroll right away.
You prep up the scroll for immediate use and get the bottle equally ready for instant use. You take few deep breaths and pace around a bit while getting mentally ready. This is gonna hurt. Considering how hot the bottle is to hold, you have to drink its contents with one gulp. You stop and reach to the bottle, hesitate a moment, and then steel your will. It only hurts for a moment.

6. It hurts a fucking lot. The liquid chars your tongue and gullet. In your stomach it cools down and hotness moves into your lungs. You can't breathe. You double over desperately trying to breathe, but can't. Panic rises, you slam your fists on ground in desperation and when you finally can draw some air into your lungs, you can't help but scream it all out. As you do so, a jet of flame bursts out of your mouth burning your bandages. Feels like a very good time to use the scroll.

6. Pain disappears and euphoric relief takes over. You spend few minutes sitting on ground simply enjoying this lack of pain. These things you take granted, you can truly appreciate them only after losing them. After enjoying this tranquil moment enough you notice a curl of hair falling over your eyes. Your hair. Slowly changing its color in various shades of fire.

"Excellent. I was actually expecting a very flimsy card table with a wobbly leg. This is a step up! Now all I need is a wife, 2.5 kids, a dog, two cats, some fish, and a picket fence, and I will be living the average life. Again, I really need to stop talking to myself. People will think things, and that is always dangerous."

Dominic casts Teleport MapLog into reading Room. And then, assuming this does not destroy the log, the reading room, or Dominic, he upends the log and rolls it onto the porch, sets it to the side of thestairs, next to the banister and the hanging swing, and returns to lift and lug the MapBall up, placing it in the bowl of the log. Finally, he sits in the hanging swing:

Spoiler: like this, btw (click to show/hide)

and activates the mapBall, examining the nearby region for signs of magic and danger.
That hanging swing might be more on luxurious side than comfortable zone, but guess it's fine. Every house needs one luxury item.

2. As expected, the log table does not move anywhere on its own. It merely flips upside down. With some effort you manage to get it to where you wanted.

Dunno about danger, but you are only magic happening in this neck of woods.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 14, 2016, 12:26:25 pm »

Let's try that again.

"Laudata, what do you think of me?"
Sigtext

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2016, 12:38:02 pm »

Teleport myself to that nearby village!

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2016, 12:56:48 pm »

Try to make a female dragon person again!
No sig yet
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 55