Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81885 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Questing begins
« Reply #540 on: June 04, 2016, 11:08:34 pm »

"Why are you things breaking? I thought you were cosmic in nature. Is all of reality falling before my eyes? Surely I could not be the cause of it. Magic of the scale of a neatly folded napkin and a door rightfully placed in it's frame seems prosaic, all things considered. no mater. I have three positive rolls, and then another string of hate and spite. Best make the best of it."

Dominic casts Heal Wounds on himself. If that succeeds well enough, he casts Cause Bloody Wounds on the squid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 04, 2016, 11:29:10 pm »

Soleus studied the pattern, and using his knowledge of magic, he realized what it was !

"It is...a Field of Xaromion !"

Brian asks :"A what ?"

"In layman's term, it is a Neutralizer Pattern based on the theorem of Xaromion-Endolker, itself based on the Archomog Postulat. The Archomog Postulat says that magic is disturbed by the presence of living beings, and the theorem of Xaromion-Endolker demonstrated the existence of negation curves : if living beings are aligned and linked along these curves, it is possible to create an Anti-Magic field. Though Fields of Xaromion were eventually forbidden when Lemanad and Zerak re-analyzed the theorem and discovered that when the mass-negation fraction went past a critical point, the center of the Field would begin to create nihil curves.
Or nihil curves has been demonstrated to create a hole in the spatial-magic field, resulting in an inversion of the karmic balance inside the Field Epicenter. Spells cast in this zone would inevitably fail horribly, and the people that came in contact with Nihil curves were also known to suffer mild to severe memory problems due to the magic incoherence."

Or maybe he is just spouting nonsense. :9

If the pattern is indeed a Field of Xaromion, then put two and two together and realizes Magic wants me to destroy the Field.
If I just spouted random babbling, then walks toward the center of the pattern, accompanied with Brian and Noel.
Either way, Tec is ordered to uproot trees forming the pattern, starting from the outside ones.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 04, 2016, 11:41:26 pm »

"Mother?"
Look around.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 05, 2016, 04:11:54 pm »

First change myself to be a black dragon which should be rather simple, then generate a mountain with a  cave at its peak it will be near the mining town
2. Simple as it may be, magic is not feeling cooperative right now. Your shadow turns pitch black, so black and sharply defined that it looks like a endless light sucking hole. Anyone who ends under your shadow will probably be scared for life.

5. Mauntains tend to be large and have considerably wide base. This in mind you pick location that far enough from the town and any possible mines around it and let magic know your desire. This time just as dice prediceted, your desire is fulfilled. Ground splits apart as stone rises underneath. At first it is unassuming peak of razor sharp stones, but then entrance of your cave becomes visible, rising from ground and pushing soil, trees and all animals aside. The cave entrance looks like absurdly huge dragon skull jutting from near vertical cliff face, its open mouth wide enough for two dragons of your size to fly in comfortably side by side.

The mountain keeps rising up, constantly pushing more ground out of its way until there's ever expanding churning mudslide on its base. Rivers and lakes are pushed aside like a children's toys, adding their mass into the small catastrophe expanding there. The mountain stops growing only after its peak pierces cloud layer. Your sharp eyes tell you that aside the mudslide there's very little damage to surroundings. Trees remain upright (except where they are being torn into pieces by mud), and the mining town seems unaffected. Well, they certainly will be affected by this to some degree. Having a mountain suddenly appearing nearby will most likely shake all kinds of pants.

Looking at your new dwelling one thing becomes very clear: you won't be getting guests any time soon.

"Magic.  Magic is annoying."

Don't move.

Cast 'Summon 10 Ownerless Dice Of Order' once the fortress has fixed itself up.

Little by little space starts slowly making more sense. One by one people end up being on actual floor insted of seemingly on walls. When everything finally looks normal you start making inventory of apparent changes. That chocolate waterfall thing? It's actually a fountain in middle of the room. Liquid chocolate is being poured out of golden vases held by centaurs standing on their back feet. Actual waterfalls on sides of room generate gentle mist and strategically placed hidden mirrors reflect sunlight in it to create countless rainbows. Support pillars are now giant statues of men and women carrying weight of ceiling. Plus other luxuries I leave for your own imagination.

One of the paladin statues standing by the walls step on your by side. "Was this by any change your handiwork? Changing me with magic without telling me first? Again?"

6. The fuck is dice of order? is what magic is probably thinking right now. It doesn't know what you are talking about so it settles on the word dice. Dice is what you shall have. A lot of them. Endless stream of small dice falls on your head, pelting you until you buried shoulder deep in pile of bone dice. A glance on them reveals that they aren't even very useful: they have number 6 on all sides.

"Why are you things breaking? I thought you were cosmic in nature. Is all of reality falling before my eyes? Surely I could not be the cause of it. Magic of the scale of a neatly folded napkin and a door rightfully placed in it's frame seems prosaic, all things considered. No matter. I have three positive rolls, and then another string of hate and spite. Best make the best of it."

Dominic casts Heal Wounds on himself. If that succeeds well enough, he casts Cause Bloody Wounds on the squid.
[4] Overcoming pain from half thousand cuts is tedious, but doable task.

3. Enough of cuts close to dull the pain and slow down bleeding. Still, there's a plenty left. Next on the list: the squid.

4. Bloody squid gets bloody wounds probably. Can't see how it is doing, but it sounds and feels like it is slapping the house. Cautiously good sign, maybe.

But smell of blood is still present and sharks have notoriously good sense of smell even if you don't know it. The door leading into this doom cracks as something heavy thumps against it. Again. And again.

Soleus studied the pattern, and using his knowledge of magic, he realized what it was !

"It is...a Field of Xaromion !"

Brian asks :"A what ?"

"In layman's term, it is a Neutralizer Pattern based on the theorem of Xaromion-Endolker, itself based on the Archomog Postulat. The Archomog Postulat says that magic is disturbed by the presence of living beings, and the theorem of Xaromion-Endolker demonstrated the existence of negation curves : if living beings are aligned and linked along these curves, it is possible to create an Anti-Magic field. Though Fields of Xaromion were eventually forbidden when Lemanad and Zerak re-analyzed the theorem and discovered that when the mass-negation fraction went past a critical point, the center of the Field would begin to create nihil curves.
Or nihil curves has been demonstrated to create a hole in the spatial-magic field, resulting in an inversion of the karmic balance inside the Field Epicenter. Spells cast in this zone would inevitably fail horribly, and the people that came in contact with Nihil curves were also known to suffer mild to severe memory problems due to the magic incoherence."

Or maybe he is just spouting nonsense. :9

If the pattern is indeed a Field of Xaromion, then put two and two together and realizes Magic wants me to destroy the Field.
If I just spouted random babbling, then walks toward the center of the pattern, accompanied with Brian and Noel.
Either way, Tec is ordered to uproot trees forming the pattern, starting from the outside ones.

You are rambling. Might be because of the stress. And you also may have imagined the part where Brian said something.

You give Tec order hoping he might some day get back up on his feet and leave him on his own devices. The other two are already shambling more or less in correct direction. As you walk downhill it becomes obvious that the vale is bigger inside. Maybe two or three times larger than it appeared from above? You don't see any signs of animals or birds. It is eeriely silent here. Only sound comes from brooks and some insects lying around.

At bottom of the dale you find a circular pond of perfectly clear water. You wouldn't have noticed water before your more or less mindless followers splash it. You take time to stop them from wandering deeper in because you see something else that also very much out of place. A perfect pyrite cube sitting middle of the pond, possibly three meters tall. Servants of Order would have a field day with this one! They practically worship all natural mineral crystals, and this is by far largest you have ever heard of. Not to mention how perfect it is in representing natural order. Truly outstanding.

On its base you spot number of smaller cubes, around same size as your Dice are. Talking about those, you now notice how they are vibrating slightly in your pocket.

"Mother?"
Look around.
Only (relative) silence responds. You look around a find cup of hot tea and partially eaten biscuit in living room. Its quite unlikely for your mother to leave anything in halfway, even in case of emergency.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 05, 2016, 04:20:49 pm »

Now lets try the color change again also its time to think long term, lets mate with the female white dragon that I took along
No sig yet

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 05, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »

.........No no no godamn she's  fine!
Run around the house  search  every room look for any clues anything!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 05, 2016, 05:13:08 pm »

Extricate myself from the dice.

"What, you can't read my mind?  ...Actually you probably could read my mind.  If I spelled it."

So yeah.  Summon 1 cubic millimeter of pocket lint.  And then improve my Kinetic Ring again.  And then give myself, the fortress, and Laudata telepathy.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 05, 2016, 09:34:38 pm »

If I can cast Teleport Myself and CenTreepede to the nearest capital city, do that. Otherwise, I cast Teleport Myself Onto CenTreepee, and ride like the wind toward the nearest relatively weatherproof building - a barn or a farmhouse or secret bunker or something.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 05, 2016, 10:03:46 pm »

Fix my statue's arms with earth shaping, then summon some armor.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 05, 2016, 11:19:27 pm »

"What...is this ?"

With fascinated wariness, Soleus approach the Cube.

Examine the small cubes.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 06, 2016, 01:19:35 pm »

Now lets try the color change again also its time to think long term, lets mate with the female white dragon that I took along
3. Still not exactly black, but you are much darker now. Deep dark green.

And really? I don't think I can describe dragon sex. Probably somewhere between bird and regular lizard sex, but I'm not going to describe those either. Presume the attempt succesfull. Now you have to wait in game year before she can push egg out, another year or two for egg to hatch, then some hundred years before your offspring is fully adult. And we'll be done long before that.

Also presume it is very different and nowhere as interesting as human sex.

.........No no no godamn she's  fine!
Run around the house  search  every room look for any clues anything!
The few clues you find indicate she was here a little before you teleported in. All her shoes are inside, plus one new pair. Same for her coats. By all intents and purposes she should still be here, but she's not. Maybe she's invisible? Maybe she's out of time? Phased out like a ghost? Maybe she was...

No. Nope! You stop that line of thought before it can proceed anywhere.

Extricate myself from the dice.

"What, you can't read my mind?  ...Actually you probably could read my mind.  If I spelled it."

So yeah.  Summon 1 cubic millimeter of pocket lint.  And then improve my Kinetic Ring again.  And then give myself, the fortress, and Laudata telepathy.
The pile of dice is interestingly stacked tightly enough to hold you in. The statue helps you out after observing your hopeless struggling few moments. It does this by shrinking space occupied by the dice pile and making them very small.

"Yeah, no... and here we go again." it says with resigned tone. It throws its arms up and turns to walk back.

2. Air crackles near you startling you and everyone else nearby. Shortly after that a smell of something burned assaults your nose.

4. In addition of having even greater energy storage, it now also grants you limited sense of kinetic energy around you and ability to manipulate it on fly. So if someone is about to backstab you, you can detect it and do something about it. Range is quite limited however, mere three meters.

5. And telepathy granted. It's two way, very effective enchantment, permitting one to transfer sounds, visions, concepts, ideas including nuances that are very difficult to properly convey in spoken language. It also permits you to read active surface thoughts from anyone you can see. In this case you can see many your creations. The major line of though in their heads is that he's fucking walking disaster waiting to happen, and using magic so carelessly, he's gonna drop dead at any moment now and take everyone **** with him. Hmm, what was that last bit about? Censored thought?

You glance at Laudata. Peek into her mind results actually nothing. She's actively supressing all her thoughts. A hint of fear? Worry?

If I can cast Teleport Myself and CenTreepede to the nearest capital city, do that. Otherwise, I cast Teleport Myself Onto CenTreepee, and ride like the wind toward the nearest relatively weatherproof building - a barn or a farmhouse or secret bunker or something.
That is very good mindset for a succesfull mage. If you can't deal with consequences of using magic, you can always escape and leave someone else to deal with it. To be very succesfull you need to be prepared to escape at moments notice.

5. You are whisked away and find yourself sitting on CenTreepede's back. Your new enviroment is dark. Not completely lightless, no, you see couple lanterns behind shelves stacked up to ceiling. This appears to be a warehouse. Sturdy and large, and most of all, empty of people. It's good because while CenTreepede is good at pretending to not be animated chunk of wood, your Doombox isn't.

Fix my statue's arms with earth shaping, then summon some armor.
[3+2] Shattered pieces of its arms flow back together. It stands up carefully trying to avoid hurting you. Looking at it you think its new arms might be more muscular than the original model is. More defined. Looks more handsome like this, even if you say so yourself. Perhaps you should consider some self modifications...?

4. Piece of polished steel hauberk appears and falls on ground. It is good piece, seems like it would fit well. Protects well from swords and other blades. Arrows and clubs not so much. Still, not bad by any measure. It covers not only your torso, but also your arms down to wrists.

"What...is this ?"

With fascinated wariness, Soleus approach the Cube.

Examine the small cubes.
You wade through the knee deep pond right next to the big cube and observe the smaller cubes as carefully as you can without touching anything. Because who knows what happens if you touch something? Now, the small cubes; they are exactly same size as Dice of Order, exactly same mystery material that is not bone, metal, stone or any other commonly used die material. They clearly are dice, you see series of patterns on sides, but with different marks. Unlike normal eyes your Dice uses, these feature growing series of lines clearly indicating numbers one through six. They are barely attached to the primary cube, only from one edge or corner connects by very thin strands. Looks like you could very easily break them off.

You aren't sure if you should. Because your Dice set is producing audible hum and the big cube is resonating. And if you aren't entirely wrong, there might be weak magnetic pull between them. Highly unusual. Extremely exceptional, you might say. Definite connection here, certainly. Ideas bubble in your mind. Coupled with rather... orderly nature of this place the answer seems inevitably clear.

Spoiler: Bluexdog - Markus Bane (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 06, 2016, 01:31:02 pm »

Also presume it is very different and nowhere as interesting as human sex.
I presume they just hold hands, and look passionately at each others. Like Pokémons.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 07, 2016, 12:36:48 am »

"Really.  If you're concerned, bring it up and I will explain the measures I'm taking to obviate that eventuality."

"Also, I really need to produce countermeasures against this..."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 12:39:00 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 07, 2016, 12:42:22 am »

I can't help but take a look with the Eye of Forbidden Sight.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 07, 2016, 09:21:43 am »

eight spells, the highest two are 3s. This is the second time I've had a run like this. And I still haven't figured out what triggers a die breakage.

Dominic consults the WorldBall for information on local magical conditions. He also checks some items on the shelves. He then sets the doombox to "assault anyone who isn't Dominic Calhoun which climbs onto CenTreepede." if that's a thing. otherwise he simply dials it down so that it only inflicts pain in the area of CenTreepede.

"Well, CenTreepede. I am almost regretting bringing you along, since I am confident that bringing you out into public will cause an outcry. An outcry I will be unable to quench with the dice as they are now. Well, no matter. I could probably plant a seed right here in the warehouse. I bet that wold do. I wonder though ... do these things need sunlight? or do they feed off of death? hmm. I should probably attempt to find a park or something and plant one there. What do you think?"
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 55