Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81870 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #660 on: June 20, 2016, 08:32:32 pm »

Alan sits around, waiting for a random encounter.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: June 20, 2016, 08:47:12 pm »

"Ah my constructs ... There's CenTreepede. He's made of wood and can move very fast. And he never attacked me. and he's burnt. There's Crapsack. it poops. But I fixed it so it only poops on command. And it can hold stuff without pooping on it now. that's good." Dominic nods at this. "there's the Doombox. It makes noise. It deafened me once, but I got better. There is the Iron Bed. I don't think it has any special powers - I think it's just an ordinary torture device. Actually, I think just Crapsack and CenTreepede count as constructs, unless you count Giant Angry Orange Juice Barrel. But he's gone now. I did make a Green Man once, but that was a human first, so that doesn't count either. My yard is rather hostile, what with the tentales and all, but I fixed it so they don't eat me anymore. this statue is just a statue so far. it's a grim reminder.  I think I'll call it Grim Reminder.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: June 20, 2016, 09:03:50 pm »

"I see. Let's try communicating with those three then."

Soleus speaks to himself :
"Requesting Quantum Probability Evaluation :
Opening communication channel to Chaos Construct 'Crapsack'
Opening communication channel to Chaos Construct 'Doombox'
Opening communication channel to Chaos Construct 'Iron Bed'."

Use Order Magic to evaluate if communicating with Dominic's weird ragatg bunch of misfit is possible.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: June 21, 2016, 09:04:10 am »

"You could try my green man blocks or my lawn too. What about CenTreepede? Hey, just a thought ... Why would my death be counterproductive? I mean ... Wild Mages are not known for their longevity, nor for their generally positive impacts on society."

Dominic casts "undo Enchantment: Pulsating light. He then orders CenTreepede to self heal. By maybe eating some trees or something. he doesn't know. If that is ineffective, Dominic will cast Make CenTreepede Self Restoring Via Absorbtion of Plant Matter.

"On the other Hand ... Oh, My name is Dominic, by the way. I have been called the Breakfast Mage. By myself. I think I have also been called the Summoner of Self Hatred. By the Universe."

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: June 21, 2016, 11:29:33 am »

Cause the bridge to become self-building. As in, it creates rock on its end so I don't have to bother earth-shaping it a million times.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: June 21, 2016, 01:35:31 pm »

Change the giant die to say all 2s, then all 3s, then all 2s.

Then...Well, the fortress can start looking.  But no looming.

2. It breaks into two tetrahedrons.
3. They are already showing 3 on all sides, so the spell ends up rolling them. They both roll 3's. Suprisingly.
2. Numbers disappear completely from your dice leaving you with two large bone tetrahedrons.

<With pleasure!> Fortress sends and starts moving. Or so you assume. None of your senses inform you about any changes in speed or direction. Not really that suprising, considering its current capacities.

"Well mother....Um I only  have those dice I got from your jewlery box.
Carefully see what's going on outside.
Lying to your mom? What nasty son you are!

"Weird. I'm certain put it here..." She goes through her posession again while you slip away from trouble to find another kind of trouble.

Well, there's a dragon outside. A being that shouldn't exist. Which is proof of mage's presence here. It takes you only a moment to find the person in question, mainly because he's the only human on the road he doesn't seem worried about the dragon at all. Also, he's the same guy whose toes you murdered with 1 a little while ago. The toes in question have seemingly developed new claws and bone plating. Interesting.

He notices you.

Alan sits around, waiting for a random encounter.
The random encounters mages tend to get are usually either mage hunters or city guards coming after your life. Not something you should be waiting for because they know how to kill a mage. Admittedly your dragon is pretty good counter measure as long you don't give them chance to shoot you into back.

Your eyes peeled you notice someone peeking down on you from second floor of neighbouring building. Someone who doesn't look scared or magically calmed.

Oh, and talking about guards; there they come! Pretty far, but as soon as you notice them they scatter behind buildings out of your line of sight.

"I see. Let's try communicating with those three then."

Soleus speaks to himself :
"Requesting Quantum Probability Evaluation :
Opening communication channel to Chaos Construct 'Crapsack'
Opening communication channel to Chaos Construct 'Doombox'
Opening communication channel to Chaos Construct 'Iron Bed'."

Use Order Magic to evaluate if communicating with Dominic's weird ragatg bunch of misfit is possible.

OPENING COMMUNICATION CHANNEL TO CHAOS CONSTRUCTS 'CRAPSACK' AND 'DOOMBOX' PREDICTED BY CHAOS RECKONER ARRAY: 2.
OPENING COMMUNICATION CHANNEL TO CHAOS CONSTRUCT 'IRON BED': NOT POSSIBLE. NOT WITHIN RANGE.

You notice Dominic's spellings as he does it. Interestingly non-destructive method was selected for regeneration.

"You could try my green man blocks or my lawn too. What about CenTreepede? Hey, just a thought ... Why would my death be counterproductive? I mean ... Wild Mages are not known for their longevity, nor for their generally positive impacts on society."

Dominic casts "undo Enchantment: Pulsating light. He then orders CenTreepede to self heal. By maybe eating some trees or something. he doesn't know. If that is ineffective, Dominic will cast Make CenTreepede Self Restoring Via Absorbtion of Plant Matter.

"On the other Hand ... Oh, My name is Dominic, by the way. I have been called the Breakfast Mage. By myself. I think I have also been called the Summoner of Self Hatred. By the Universe."
2. The light turns into green.

While CenTreepede has mandibles, those aren't hard enough to bite wood and it doesn't have any digestive system. It obeys you best it can and tries ineffectively to chew grass. Guess it is magic time then.

5. As soon as spell is cast, it stops pointless chewing and makes beeline to nearest tree, which is pretty close. Charred wood cracks and falls of in thousand pieces, including burning pieces. It sidesteps out of burning embers and new fresh bark spreads to cover damaged parts. Bark grows outwards, expanding new leafy branches where previously was only fire. It literally grows missing parts back like a tree.

Speaking about a tree you turn in time to see what happens to the source tree. It shrinks, like passage of time was reversed and greatly accelerated, until it is a young sapling barely taller than you. Then another tree near it begins reversed aging process, but stops much earlier. CenTreepede is fully healed. Imagine if you could heal yourself in the same way!

Cause the bridge to become self-building. As in, it creates rock on its end so I don't have to bother earth-shaping it a million times.
Worming your way out of work? Sure, why not. You got 6 after all.

6. Hard to tell this far away, but apparently it is working.

You turn around to return your house, but instantly feel dizzy. Thankfully you have your staff to get support from, otherwise you would have to drop on your knees. The water banshee keeps hugging you.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: June 21, 2016, 01:42:11 pm »

Politely disentangle the banshee, then cast a spell to fix whatever is making me dizzy. Presumably something to do with the bridge enchantment, but who knows.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: June 21, 2016, 04:08:11 pm »

"Splendid. I was getting bored!

Professor Cuddles, take cover for a moment. Well, you do have fire-proof scales, being dragon-esque and all. So, it should be fine.

Summon tornado of inferno! A fiery whirlwind! A gust from hell!
"
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 06:41:05 pm by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: June 21, 2016, 06:00:00 pm »

"Mom! There's a dragon and a mage outside and what were the dice you were looking for again like what do they look like?"
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: June 21, 2016, 08:55:52 pm »

Soleus tells to Dominic :
"Communicating with the Constructs is not viable."

Then he adds :
"Come with me when you are done. We have no time to lose, and I need to get my shoulder checked."

He walked next to the platform, waiting for Dominic to come.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 22, 2016, 01:37:09 am »

Soleus tells to Dominic :
"Communicating with the Constructs is not viable."

Then he adds :
"Come with me when you are done. We have no time to lose, and I need to get my shoulder checked."

He walked next to the platform, waiting for Dominic to come.
The platform is in midair because you fell from it. It doesn't move without someone on it. Too high to reach by jumping.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 22, 2016, 01:48:01 am »

Soleus looked at the platform in a disappointed air. Seriously, his past self really half-assed the job.
"Can your Centreepede climb vertically ?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 22, 2016, 04:37:15 am »

"Yes, I believe so." ((How high up is it?))

Dominic climbs onto CenTreepede and assists Soleus up as well. He then orders CenTreepede to rise up and grab onto the platform. ((How big is it?))
Anyway, the goal is to get all three of us up onto Soleus' floating sky rock. So we do whatever reasonable measures one would normally do in this situation to effect that outcome.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 22, 2016, 01:18:42 pm »

"Gah, I don't know what to do.  Actually, I could increase the flight speed..."
Increase the flight speed of the fortress.

Then, just, go find somewhere quiet to sit and read or something.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 22, 2016, 03:26:08 pm »

Politely disentangle the banshee, then cast a spell to fix whatever is making me dizzy. Presumably something to do with the bridge enchantment, but who knows.
Though luck, casanova, she doesn't want to let go. Well, she does after you insist enough but quite soon her liquid hand is resting on your shoulder.

5. Dizziness ends as quickly as it began and you hearing returns, which is nice because the banshee is humming a nice happy melody. Your clothes undo their burned status back to normal as well as does your now useless bandages.

Waves are getting bigger. Each one crashing on shore is hitting rocks slightly more violently than previous.

"Splendid. I was getting bored!

Professor Cuddles, take cover for a moment. Well, you do have fire-proof scales, being dragon-esque and all. So, it should be fine.

Summon tornado of inferno! A fiery whirlwind! A gust from hell!
"
6. Well, in hindsight it might have been better if you took some cover instead. The whirlwind of fire appeared around the corner where guards disappeared, first a minor thing more or less along what you expected from it. Shouts from guards were barely buried under its howling. Then it grew larger, louder, more violent and exponentially hotter. Buildings around it catched fire, shingled rooftops ignited like dry paper, and heat was felt on your face despite of it being relatively far.

Then winds broke off and great jets of fire was released into every direction around the ground. For a moment every alley and road within hundred meter radius was nothing but raging inferno of super hot air. You had enough of sense to close your eyes and hold your breath, but you weren't fast enough to cover your face. It ended as suddenly as it started.

So that's where you stand now. Happily burning buildings around origin of firenado, pained screaming and unseen pleads for help all around you. Your dragon is no worse for wear, but your face is very sore and arms are already blistering angry red, every exposed body part is in pain. Sucks to be you.

"Mom! There's a dragon and a mage outside and what were the dice you were looking for again like what do they look like?"
"Dice of Order, son, the ones I gave you some days ago. Please don't tell you already threw them out. I kept one for myself because it is ridiculously stupid to let go of that power, and now I can't find it."

New things happens on outside. The mage guy takes notice of something on your far right. He looks happy and says something to his dragon. Few moments later a powerful gust of fiery wind blows through the road. Looks like the mage got some nasty burns from it. Muffled screams for help echo on outside. That doesn't sound good. This guy is dangerous!

"Yes, I believe so." ((How high up is it?))

Dominic climbs onto CenTreepede and assists Soleus up as well. He then orders CenTreepede to rise up and grab onto the platform. ((How big is it?))
Anyway, the goal is to get all three of us up onto Soleus' floating sky rock. So we do whatever reasonable measures one would normally do in this situation to effect that outcome.
Let's say somewhere around four meters up. You could jump from top of CenTreepede and get comfortable grip. And its not big, around 30*40 cm. And apparently affixed to invisible and well oiled ball joint, making it easy to flip over. Very dangerous design. You wouldn't accept something like that, not without additional safety measures, like a rope in case of lost balance. Guess this guy has unrealistically high opinion about his balance.

Dominic gets up to his mobile throne after assisting Soleus up and cleans out all fingers and toes on it. Soleus feels like he shouldn't let Anna see all this gore and tosses most visible ones off. Distasteful experience. Then Dominic orders CenTreepede to get on the floating island. It lifts its front end on the hovering platform, using it as support, inching its body on it as much as it can without tipping its precious luggage over. A difficult and slow task for something as large as CenTreepede is. The platform holds its frankly massive weight, which is something to rise a hat for.

As soon as it gets middle point of its body on the platform it starts raising its front again high to get a grip on edge of the island, searching something to hold on. This process rises angle of travelers compartment into such that Soleus has to hold pilot's throne with both hands to stay on. Dominic on the other hand rests on his seat without having to worry about falling. The doombox however falls off.

CenTreepede gets his head over the edge and sinks as many stabby feet on soil as it can and begins slow process of hauling itself and you two on safe ground. Biggest hurdle comes when its last legs rest on the elevator platform and it has its body arched to keep travelers compartment from being vertical. It bounces its back as far out as it can and tries to use this moment to get you safely on island, but it isn't fast enough. Its back swings under the island to the point where it's basically in shape "7". This also means your spot goes fully vertical. All Dominic's luggage and acquired gore falls off and Soleus hangs from the throne with his bare hands alone. Dominic lays safely on his back, but knowing that if angle were to get any bigger he would flip over and fall off of his seat. This very concrete fear makes him hold on armrests with white knuckles.

CenTreepede kicks off with its back half to give himself another swing and this time it makes it through all the way. You both breathe in relief, though Soleus more from sudden interesting exercise than from actual emotions.

I imagine the floating island being something like this in terms of shape and size. The villa is kinda like this, large windows, very light, and takes up most of the surface. No pool, however.

"Gah, I don't know what to do.  Actually, I could increase the flight speed..."
Increase the flight speed of the fortress.

Then, just, go find somewhere quiet to sit and read or something.

OOC, it's less flight and more like Alcubierre Drive style travel, though nowhere that fast.

5. But it is much closer now. Not faster than light speeds, not even faster than sound, but close.

Quietest place would most likely be your workshop, these folks are not confortable with magic, despite of being made with magic. As for books, this place never had any, though all those extensive architecture manipulations might have accidentally generated one. Not likely, but I'll give it benefit of doubt. What do you want to read? I pull something out of my ass for you. Geography? History? Myths? Legends? Politics? Nothing about trading, thank you, I don't know enough about that to make up anything believable.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 55