Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 82087 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2016, 07:44:18 pm »

"Okay. I think I got this one. And by this one, I mean these two spells, which are a three and a six. We should be fine. I'll do it gently."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: June 24, 2016, 11:36:54 am »

Give the banshee the ability to regenerate via water absorption. Then send it to the ocean to heal, with a warning to take things a bit slowly.
6. One water absorption enchantment on its way! You discover instantly how magic overcompensated this enchantment. The banshee drains all water from your left arm by accident, turning it into shriveled dry bone sack. She realizes quickly what she did and removes her hand, wailing loudly an apologetic song. It wasn't her purpose to hurt you at all, so apology accepted I guess.

Upon your instruction she floats to the shore, draining ground dry in her wake.

Cameron blinks as he suddenly remembers  where something is.
Go and grab mother's die
In your pocket, that's where it is. Mom is already going into her underground secret workshop.

I don't remember saying your mission is to ensure theirs. Is Soleus lying?
((Looking back, I may have misunderstood the Second Priority. No problem, let's say it is a lie if it is wrong...))
Soleus unflinchingly said to Noel :
"My past self opened many doors with these dices. Everything he did could be considered a mistake, her, you, this house... Say Noel. As someone who crossed one of these doors, what did you see about Anna ?"

Sometime after or before, Soleus said to Dominic and Samuel :

To Samuel :
"Good idea. Communication will allow for better control."

To Dominic :
"We will leave soon. We can't help you much for the Crapsack and the Statue, you will have to haul them yourself if you want to keep them. Oh, and avoid using Wild Magic within the shield boundary."
"She's annoyingly sweet girl who ends up hurt sooner or later. But no, those other things weren't mistakes, you were merely doing your job as a mage, but pulling her soul out was. A. Big. Mistake." Noel whispers, accusation clear in her voice. "It showed them a way out. It gave them hope. Then some lost mage made another mistake and asked magic's opinion of what he should do, and all those desperate souls gave him an answer. An answer that will break the chains eventually and doom this whole world. And it is your fault! You pushed the rock down, and now there's nothing that can stop it!" She angrily whispers while setting your bones without slightest regard for your comfort.
"I'm glad to be alive once again, but make no mistake; you fucked up. How it feels to be one who doomed the world?"

And then shit happens. See Ozarck's turn.

"Professor Cuddles! A new order, for you. Stay in this area for one hour. Attack any and all individuals you see that are not me. Cause a distraction. The guards will probably think I'm still around here, near you. If things get hairy, or once one hour has elapsed, seek me out immediately. You should be able to find me; I'll be in that direction. There's a clinic."

Alan thinks a moment. His feet will be too difficult to conceal. Whilst Professor Cuddles may distract the guards for now, he will still stand out among those being healed. Instead, he needs a way to be completely unnoticed until receiving medical intention.

"Become invisible!"

He then makes his way to the nearby pharmacy as quickly as possible, regardless of the [1] he's about to roll.
You ignore the pain your burns cause, and prepare yourself for inevitable failure.

1. You stumble on mid stride when your mutated feet mutates even further. Bone and muscle splits, toes grow meter long claws, and a horribly teethy snapping mouth grows on outer side of the feet. It constantly tries to bite something, anything that gets close enough. Mutation spreads up to your knee, bolstering muscles and pushing sharp bone protrusions through your pants.

You can't really even run like this anymore. Hopping along with one leg is best you can do. You peek over corner of the alley and the moment nobody is looking at your direction you hobble over the road into next alley. This sucks.

"There is a shield boundary? Where does it end? That Crapsack is a very useful piece of luggage, and that statue ... well,  I mean ... gosh. It's the memorial to the previous owner of these dice, and a strong reminder for me to be careful."

If Dominic is outside of Soleus' shield boundary, cast Convert Elevator Platform Into Grand, Elegant, Elevator Car. Then cast Bring Crapsack and All the parts of the Mage Statue to The Island, Gently.
Apparently it is fine to do magic within.

3. The platform grows a little larger, safety rails appears on its sides, then if finally rises up on the island. It ain't grand or elegant, but it is functional and safe at least. Should have done that before making CenTreepede try parkouring. But you know what they say about hindsight.

6. Gentle it is not. It quite literally scares crap out of crapsack. And when that happens, things end smelly. Brown gold rains from sky as the spell pulls the crapsack and the statue onto island in large wide arc, it rains on everything: on you, on CenTreepede, on Soleus, his servants, grass, house... Thin layer of ripe manure covers it all.

You hear gagging sounds from direction of Noel and Brian. A look on their face tells that they are thoroughly disgusted with the way things are happening and are barely holding their dinner inside. The dinner makes repeated attempts to escape. Joshua and Maria are standing straight, Maria's lips pressed thin and knuckles white (and brown), Joshua shakes his head disappointedly. Anna saw fit to get back inside before you opened sphincter of heavens.

Sure, myths about mages.

Also, mull over whether I'd tick anybody off if I made a more companion-y companion.  Then, if the answer is 'no', well.  Hmm. 

Give magic this list of qualities:
Feminine, attractive, intelligent, nice, generally moral, safe to be around without needing special precautions to ensure that I am not unduly altered against my will, able to read a book safely, magical, likes me in the romantic sense.
Then give it free rein to decide what comes out.

Who would be ticked off if you make another doll? Nobody here, certainly. I mean these folks you have been making don't really like about magic, but they are not watching right now. Fortress does, but it doesn't care. With your latest boom of creation no one will notice if there's one extra. It's not like anyone counted how many people you have made.

You could create some really attractive body right now, right on par with Laudata, but the soul that will inhabit it won't be anything nice. You could make the body now with some basic behaviour pattern and then later create actual soul for it when magic is feeling cooperative again.

As for myths about mages, well, there's this one guy called The Most Glorious King Cotlal the First, but he's less a myth and more of history. Notable guy, examplery in how about every avarage Joe from streets actually liked him. Fighting fire with fire. Sure, he was a nutjob with fetish for world conquest like many others, but he actually offed a lot of other mages on the way while doing minimal damage to rest of people.
  How about Jimmy, Scourge from Sea? He's an actual mythical figure. Less a mage actually, more like last representative of Chaos in human form. Myths don't tell why he was called Scourge from Sea. Maybe he was a hermit who lived on some island off coast, maybe not. Anyway, they tell he was a real monster, capable of destroying castles with single punch, shrugging off sharpest swords and fasters arrows like sand, moving faster than wind, eating children and generally being a real pain in the ass. His touch drained life of men and his mere presence on battlefield was enough to deep freeze both enemies and allies alike. Other beasts of Chaos feared him, stating his power was like a sun on their face, blinding, impossible to see through. Oh, and he was immortal too. Sure, you could kill him (someone apparently somehow did), but sooner or later he would return to wreak havoc.
  What? How come such monster has so friendly name like Jimmy, you ask? Like, "Hey Jimmy boy, give me that sauce, will you?", "Wassup, Jimmy!?", "Jimmy, my friend, would you break his face like a sheet of glass?". Doesn't sound very threatening. Sure, no mother names her child JIMMY, but nothing about the name screams "this guy is monster". Well, nobody knows. Guess that's something to research for.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: June 24, 2016, 12:28:46 pm »

Alan thought quickly. Might it not be better if he completely mutated into whatever he was turning into, therefore healing his burns in the process? It would be worth a shot...

"Continue mutating!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: June 24, 2016, 02:16:12 pm »

"That ... that went poorly. I am so sorry. Perhaps you should all get cleaned up. Uh ... perhaps ... no ... my next spell is a one ... .and then another six .. so no ... I can't help, except the old fashioned way. someone got a shovel?"

Dominic uses whatever nonmagical tools he has at his disposal to aid in the cleaning process, ordering crapsack to assist as well.

Edit: Dominic allows Soleus to examine the resurrection seed.

"Anyway" Dominic says brightly, "I am ready to move on to the next capital!" he frowns a bit. "Of course ... they do tend to get a little nervous when magical constructs come barreling into town. Or out of warehouses. Or just barreling along in general. Oh I am so sorry about the poop. I honestly expected that to be so gentle that they didn't catch up until we reached the next place. And i really thought I got crapsack fixed already. though, to be fair, his name is crapsack, after all, so this should have been more expected than it was. I am soooo sorry."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:38:31 am by Ozarck »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 24, 2016, 03:31:04 pm »

A hint of anger can be seen in Soleus voice.
"Wild Mages..."

He grabs some mop and gives it to Dominic.
"You better start cleaning now. Keep your Constructs put until the next stop, I won't tolerate another mishap."

He then sends a mental order to the Command Orb: to the closest capital to drop this Wild Mage. After taking a bath, he takes Noel apart.
"Dooming the world you said. This is alarming, but in away, I don't think it is a bad thing if it gave a way out to the restrained. What I did was unveil the flaws of the system, of the restraints. And now I am working to better them, and maybe change them."

To Dominic :
"Can you show me one of those seed ? I would like to study them."

Analyze "Resurrection Seeds" with the Eye of Forbidden Sight first, to determine its nature as a "Soul Puller".

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 24, 2016, 03:39:40 pm »

Let's make the body, and just sort of have them be passive, also, note that I'm giving magic mostly free rein here other than the results must be humanoid, feminine, and attractive, then change the tetrahedra to display 6s twice, and then put the soul in with all the qualities listed.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 25, 2016, 12:39:54 am »

"I guess we won't be able to reattach that arm and animate you for a while yet, old friend." Dominic mutters to the statue, patting it's poo covered shoulder affectionately as he cleans.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 25, 2016, 11:14:11 am »

Heal my arm.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 25, 2016, 02:48:50 pm »

Huh...I don't  actually  remember picking this up.
Set it down on a nearby table.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 26, 2016, 02:22:56 pm »

Next turn will most likely be on next Friday. I may be able to squeeze one turn in between, but I can't make promises there.

Alan thought quickly. Might it not be better if he completely mutated into whatever he was turning into, therefore healing his burns in the process? It would be worth a shot...

"Continue mutating!"
Unfortunately wind caressing your blistering skin carelessly distracts you enough to break any focus of mind you can gather to cast spell. Ugh, can't help it. You navigate the alleys while succesfully avoiding attention. Few times your horribly long claws caughts on something making you fall on random piles of trash. You see the clinic behind the corner, 50 meters or so. It appears you are the first one of your victims to arrive. There are few people walking around, but no guards.

Far behind you hear the weird hissing roar of your pet dragon. Apparently it is doing its job to gather attention.

"That ... that went poorly. I am so sorry. Perhaps you should all get cleaned up. Uh ... perhaps ... no ... my next spell is a one ... .and then another six .. so no ... I can't help, except the old fashioned way. someone got a shovel?"

Dominic uses whatever nonmagical tools he has at his disposal to aid in the cleaning process, ordering crapsack to assist as well.

Edit: Dominic allows Soleus to examine the resurrection seed.

"Anyway" Dominic says brightly, "I am ready to move on to the next capital!" he frowns a bit. "Of course ... they do tend to get a little nervous when magical constructs come barreling into town. Or out of warehouses. Or just barreling along in general. Oh I am so sorry about the poop. I honestly expected that to be so gentle that they didn't catch up until we reached the next place. And i really thought I got crapsack fixed already. though, to be fair, his name is crapsack, after all, so this should have been more expected than it was. I am soooo sorry."
Frankly magic would be so much better option for cleaning this up, but it won't be any actual help right now. Sigh... Manual labor it is. Soleus hands you a mop. Oh good lord, this is gonna be a real pain in the ass... Can't mop grass, so you leave that for crapsack and do your best for cleaning what you can. It takes a while and eats through half of Soleus's water reserves.

His servants abandon their dirtied clothes on outside and retreat inside in their undergarments. The way they look at you indicates that you haven't made any friends here today. Most likely they won't even let you in.

A hint of anger can be seen in Soleus voice.
"Wild Mages..."

He grabs some mop and gives it to Dominic.
"You better start cleaning now. Keep your Constructs put until the next stop, I won't tolerate another mishap."

He then sends a mental order to the Command Orb: to the closest capital to drop this Wild Mage. After taking a bath, he takes Noel apart.
"Dooming the world you said. This is alarming, but in away, I don't think it is a bad thing if it gave a way out to the restrained. What I did was unveil the flaws of the system, of the restraints. And now I am working to better them, and maybe change them."

To Dominic :
"Can you show me one of those seed ? I would like to study them."

Analyze "Resurrection Seeds" with the Eye of Forbidden Sight first, to determine its nature as a "Soul Puller".
Closest capital besides that of the Empire is the one in Arkea. It suits for you, as two of your target locations are in Arkea too. A fair bit of flying, but it gives you time to you need to analyze the seeds.

You have to abandon your soiled clothes on outside before you make your way into bath to cleanse yourself thoroughly. It is suprising how much idea of not being clean disgusts you now. Your servants take bath after you, though Joshua has to hold Brian back so he won't barge in while women are in. While waiting to continue the talk with Noel you take a good look at the seed.

It is a pale seed, superficially resembling acorn. It stirs in your hand with purpose, awaiting its moment of glory to come. The analysis reads as follows:
SUBJECT: Seed of defiant life.
DATA: Being buried triggers rapid growth period, which ends after reaching tis full height, approximately 300 meters. End of growth triggers secondary enchantment for scanning national identity. Resolving that triggers last two enchantments, one of which will tap into system feeding magic with souls. It will grab those with national identity matching to that the tree's location and producing them a new body. The second enchantments constantly provides healing for everyone within city range who matches the national identity resolved earlier.
SUMMARY: These seeds will fundamentally cripple the wild magic system if fully deployed by cutting off influx of souls.

Noel reports into your office. "Frankly, you are an idiot. Well meaning idiot perhaps, but idiot nonetheless. You may have pointed out the flaw, but do you really think of yourself so high that you can fix what Order made? They are now aware of the flaw, IT is aware of the flaw."

Let's make the body, and just sort of have them be passive, also, note that I'm giving magic mostly free rein here other than the results must be humanoid, feminine, and attractive, then change the tetrahedra to display 6s twice, and then put the soul in with all the qualities listed.
5. Magic figures "attractive" must stem from your current appearence. So the humanoid that is birthed by magic has all the right curves and human shape, but her skin is covered by shiny scales. Primary color is bright attention seeking yellow on front, pierced by lines of emerald green from her back. The green part is dotted by larger pale yellow, almost glassy, scales flowing in beautiful refractive pattern that flows form her back into arms and legs. Where your scales demand respect, hers demand attention. She's beautiful in a way rainbow and setting sun is, more than human, less than divine, vibrant and lively.

2. First attempt grows extra thumbs on your arms, opposing side of original ones. You have now six fingers in both hands.

3. One of the tetrahedrons shows number 6 on only one side.

5. Her eyes widens by a fraction and she looks around with brand new curiosity before locking her eyes with yours. She takes a step towards your, rises her hands to grab your shirt (and blocking your view below her collarbone). "Hello there." She says with a smirk. "Can I have some clothes?"

When you said she should be magical, did you mean she should be a wild mage?

Heal my arm.
6. The arm returns back into its normal state. Well, almost. It radiates heat in rather excessive manner, making hair on it cycle through colors of fire faster. It doesn't burn you or drain heat from rest of your body, it is simply far hotter than it should. It's gonna hamper your relationship with the water banshee. I recommend keeping her on your right side.

She returns, darker and denser than before. The waves in ocean are getting steadily larger. Probably just result of rather large amounts of water being displaced by your self constructing bridge.

Huh...I don't  actually  remember picking this up.
Set it down on a nearby table.
You probably took it without thinking when you saw it. It ain't a trash to be left behind. Probably should inform mom about it before she goes after the other mage.

The dragon thing outside roars, a weird hissing kind of roar. Apparently some guard is shooting it with crossbow for no effect.

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: June 26, 2016, 03:08:42 pm »

Alan stops and turns around. He needed another distraction; or at least something to keep the other peasants from getting to the clinic before he could. He would have to wait a while outside anyways to fix his legs. So therefore...

He points at the road inbetween the clinic and the area of the fiery inferno, and casts a spell.

"Summon sentient and hostile stone wall!"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 26, 2016, 05:34:07 pm »

"Oh dear.  Sorry!  Um, hold on..."

Change the tetrahedra to show 3 twice, then summon her something modest.

Magical as in 'has the inherent ability to do acts that magic could normally procure'.  Like, telekinesis and teleportation and conjuration and stuff.

Also, shapeshift the extra thumbs away.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 27, 2016, 08:53:52 am »

Dominic mops along, whistling a happy tune about poop or something similar. He gather's teh soiled clothes left behind and attempts to clean them as well - the old fashioned way: plunge and scrup, plunge and scrub, plunge and scrub. If anyone has any soap and offers it, he uses that as well.

"Soleus! I believe I am using too much of your water. I am sorry. We may want to stop along the way at a well or something."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: June 27, 2016, 03:02:51 pm »

Soleus initially doesn't even listen to Noel, too focused with the curious seed. He nods silently, assessing the power and meanings of this seed.

Partially lost in his thoughts, he raised his hand toward Noel to signify her to wait. He was thinking about the Seed, his goals, and his new quest. Theories were blooming in his mind, hypothesis of dark times...
(From what I experienced, Wild Magic seems closely linked to Souls.
Souls. We can assume that they are a fuel or a restraint, or both.

The Order Node mentioned the Chaos Entity, which I presume is locked by the Souls.

The green being that spoke to me before I became a Wild Mage was probably a projection of said Entity, seeing it wanted me to destroy what was making me unable to remember: Order.
Dominic, this Wild Mage. He was tasked to plant these seeds around the countries, it will presumably weaken the seal and power of Magic.
I assume this mean the Entity is using Wild Mages to free itself.

Wild Magic is still unclear to me. Is it a by-product of the Entity ? A system used to seal said Entity ? Or a by-product of the seal ?

Moving on to the Dices of Order. They seem to represent the degree of control Order has over Chaos.
The more Dices disappear, the more the restraints are weakening. Judging from my Dice count, time is running short.)

Finally after a long moment of silence, Soleus spoke to Noel.
"Yes, I am an idiot. An idiot that try to solve something. Order won't restore itself, and if we don't do something, you can be sure the destruction of the world will come knocking."

He added before leaving.
"Don't get me mistaken. By no mean I believe myself strong and smart enough to correct a fundamental system set by Order. But maybe Order can, and that is what I am aiming for as a Mage of Order. And we must hurry."

Shield Array Activated. Nothing should get into the Field. Maximum speed toward our destination.

Afterward, Soleus communicated Samuel and Arken :
< "Samuel. Arken. We have known each other for a long time. I have a question to you both : were you visited by an entity who asked you to fulfill a strange quest ? What asked, and what was asked to you ? I believe we may be tricked." >

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: June 27, 2016, 03:04:45 pm »

"Soleus! I believe I am using too much of your water. I am sorry. We may want to stop along the way at a well or something."
Meeting Dominic as he was busy cleaning everything, Soleus answered :
"Ah. Good point, I will keep that in mind. Oh, and come to see me once you are done, I want to talk with you about this seed."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 55