Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55

Author Topic: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Naked Mage  (Read 81864 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Wild Mages: Dominic, The Summoner of Self Hatred
« Reply #735 on: July 04, 2016, 12:59:01 pm »

Confused, Alan begins asking questions rapidly, leaving no opportunity for the shark to respond.

"Who are you. Where am I. Are you a shark. Are we on a boat. Is this boat going into a whirlpool. Are we going to die.

One second...

Boat-doken!
"

With a flourish of his hands, Alan casts a hadoken aimed towards the center of the whirlpool in an attempt to push the boat out.

((If you have never seen boat-doken, look it up. Read all of 8 bit theatre while you're at it. You won't regret it.))
Absolutely nothing happens. You stare your hands confused. Why it doesn't work? Big, heavy and coarse hands grab you by shoulders firmy, encouraging you to look the shark person to whom they belong.

"Look here, mate. I don't have all the day here, so let's get to the business, no? I got a pair jobs fer ye. Both paid separately in th' new seas. First, find 'n murder Soleus Arendar. That bastard skipped th' ship I gave him 'n switched fer th' wrong boat. Next, cast big spells until you no longer can't. Deal?"

Soooooooleeeeuuuuuuuuuuuussssss. We're here. Let me down would ya? Hopefully in a less painful manner than how we got up. Also, gonna need that seed, mkay?

Dom attempts to retrieve the seed and get the island lowered, perhaps at a bit of a distance from the capital, to someplace hilly or with cliffs or something so CenTreepede can more easily dismount.
Soleus doesn't answer. Probably too engrossed stodying the seed to hear anything. So next logical step is to retrieve it by yourself. You step inside the villa and are very soon conforted by Joshua, a big strong man with awesome beard. He stares you down in somewhat threatening manner, arms crossed.

"Thrash belongs outside."

Your desire to move the flying island is detected and a nice cystal ball floats onto your open palm. The moment it connects with your skin you become aware of its capabilities, like a third arm that moves the island around. You also become aware that it cannot go outside with you, like Joshua would prefer. Hmm, you are sure Soleus won't have any problems with you using the orb without permission. After all, he did offer you ride all the way here.

You flex the new arm and move island downwards, probably somewhere good. Without seeing exactly what's below you can only hope you got it right. After releasing the ball you walk back outside, Joshua's stare burning on your back. You see the horizon rising up rapidly. Moments later the entire island is completely surrounded by opaque blue shell swirling and shaking like river water. Then, as fast as it appeared, it disappears, revealing a ground level view on bare grassy hills around. Only the two meters wide moat between the island and stable ground (and maintained grass on this side) is indicating difference between the two. Apparently you threw the island down a little too fast and jammed it deep into ground. Hope Soleus doesn't care... And frankly, you can always use magic to get the seed back later. It can wait. For now it may be better leave.

"My name's Arken Frost.  Nice to meet you, Tlaco.

...I didn't think they broke either but here we are and they have been.

Do you want to try, then?"

Pass her a single dice.
"Nice to meet you, Arken. You seem much warmer than your name would tell." Tlaco offers a curtsy. "Sure, give me one."

She takes the Die you offer, you both suffering series of painful shocks, and looks it closely, holding it in her both hands.

"This... is different. I almost can't sense it at all. Interesting."

She walks slowly to closest table, as if afraid wind could blow the Die away from her hands. She drops it on the table where it bounces akwardly few moments before landing on 6. Tlaco stares it, or its approximate location.

"I can't see it at all anymore. What number it shows?"

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Alan (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: CenTreepede (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Laudata (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 04, 2016, 01:12:07 pm »

"That's strange...  You've got a 6, by the way.  Probably.  I wouldn't trust it though.  It might not be working.  That you can't see it, that's really not good."
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 01:13:50 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 04, 2016, 01:32:38 pm »

Mount up, gather my baggage, and ride out. Time to suffer for the quest. I cast Check in on My House and See How it's Doing.

"CenTreepede, I really hope this spell doesn't end me. Well, let's get going. if I die ... well, who knows what will become of you and the rest. but if I live, we have work to do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 04, 2016, 02:05:52 pm »

"I like the sound of that. I presume I'm being paid, correct?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 05, 2016, 12:43:01 am »

(Sorry for lack of posts, was kinda very busy)

Erm, drop Dominic there and give him back the seed. Then head for the nearest Node.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 05, 2016, 07:32:17 am »

"Thanks for the help. It was nice to meet you and not have to have an epic magic duel or anything. Sorry about the mess. I hope to meet you again someday under less dramatic circumstances. We'll have lunch!"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 05, 2016, 01:35:44 pm »

"That's strange...  You've got a 6, by the way.  Probably.  I wouldn't trust it though.  It might not be working.  That you can't see it, that's really not good."
It appears I have forgotten to update your queue. Fixed.

"Could be another side effect of me being born from magic. If it is, well, then it has some rather unfortunate implications. If not, well, though luck. Hmm, easiest way to test it would be for me to summon something and if it backfires, you could banish it. That of course assuming your Dice are real and you got good roll coming up. If they are not or are broken... hmm, something very small. Something inconsequential, like reshaping walls a bit. What do you think?" Tlaco wants second opinion.

Mount up, gather my baggage, and ride out. Time to suffer for the quest. I cast Check in on My House and See How it's Doing.

"CenTreepede, I really hope this spell doesn't end me. Well, let's get going. if I die ... well, who knows what will become of you and the rest. but if I live, we have work to do.
While most of your stuff is light enough to lift onto CenTreepede, the statue is not. You manage to waddle it next to CenTreepede and prop it up for lifting, but that's about it. You are not even sure if your ladder is stoing enough to hold your combined weight. You are not eager to left it behind. Hmm.

While waiting your subconscious come up with a solution, you might as well suffer the malicious reaction magic is about to give. No reason to stave off the inevitable. Better suffer while you aren't in any trouble.

1. Your vision fades and something else comes.

The last Grand Emissary of Chaos lies in before you, blue blood bursting out from hundred wounds and torn off arms. Only few of its still intact eyes stares you, rest eyeing around the battlefield. You are glad this fight is finally over, but the cost of it brings you into tears. One thousand lives. Your parents, your sisters, your husband, your first born, friends, neightbours, every ablebodied person, three mages... Victory was bought with too many lives. A glance behind you tells the tale. Sliced, crushed, pierced and burned bodies litter the ground, grass stomped flat and dyed red, occasionally scorched where the Emissary used spirit fire. The corpses furthest away are bloodless, dead from its chilling presence alone, life literally ripped out of them. There's no coming back from this. The city is good as gone.

You turn back to the Emissary and lift your axe high, ready to deal the finishing blow. "Any last words before I send you back into hell you crawled from?" you ask.

"You can't kill me. You can't kill us. I will come back, even if it takes million years!" It goughs, hatred burning in its many eyes. "We found the way here once already, we can find it again. Someone is bound to open the way again! But if I have to to back into abyss, I shall certainly bring a guest with me."

As soon as it says this, a point of white hot energy appears in front of it and lashes out into your heart, burning it and stopping it. It's not like you weren't going to die anyway, you think as you bring the axe down on its soft head, and this time axe splits it open like it should. Suprisingly it sounds like shattering glass.

You are back being Dominic as you should be, but sound of shattering glass was unfortunately not part of the vision. It appears the broken arm of your statue has somehow gone though the biggest window in Soleus's residence. And you are standing roughly where it used to be. Joshua seems to be very angry about that, and is running towards you. You suppose it is possible that he might simply shout some very loud words and insults at you, but... you aren't feeling confident about that.

"I like the sound of that. I presume I'm being paid, correct?"
"'o course, after both tasks be done. Not money or gold, them be easily obtained, but a pair great gifts that be not possible to gain any other way." It offers its huge hand. "Deal?"

(Sorry for lack of posts, was kinda very busy)

Erm, drop Dominic there and give him back the seed. Then head for the nearest Node.
Understandable. It is summer after all.

Seed returned. After you get back inside you hear sound of shattering glass from living room and stony thump as something heavy bounces off the floor few times. Joshua growls quitely and sprints out.

You can't help but sigh. This Dominic guy has been nothing but trouble.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 03:13:47 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 05, 2016, 01:44:02 pm »

"Uhm.  Hm.  I'm not sure what's going on.  I think it might have something to do with that, all right...  I'm going to try something."

Summon a device that will allow me to see magic.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 05, 2016, 01:50:43 pm »

Alan looks down at his hand, minuscule in comparison to that of the shark.

"Sure. Deal. Just don't crush my finger-bones."

Alan gingerly shakes the shark's hand.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 05, 2016, 03:25:34 pm »

Okay that wasn't supposed to happen. Why did I cast that in here instead of out there like I meant to do? We'd better run, yo.

Dominic casts Animate Statue, preferably While Also Reattaching Its Arm Properly. And then he runs, yelling for the statue to follow. He grabs CenTreepede's ladder and begins climbing while ordering the mount across the gap.

If all of this is successful and he has a moment and some calm, he casts Repair Window.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 06, 2016, 02:36:52 pm »

"Uhm.  Hm.  I'm not sure what's going on.  I think it might have something to do with that, all right...  I'm going to try something."

Summon a device that will allow me to see magic.
6. A bloody red spheric object appears with a pop in front of your face and immediately forces its way into your right eyesocket, crushing and flattening your natural eye on its way in. You scream and fall on your knees, holding your hand before your eye, hesitating to shove it in to contain the throbbing pain. Squished remains of your right eye bleeds out like stiff bloody tears. Tlaco screams as you do and takes two hasty steps towards you. She stops a moment before her dress gets chance to electrocute you again.

"Hold on! I'll heal you!"

Alan looks down at his hand, minuscule in comparison to that of the shark.

"Sure. Deal. Just don't crush my finger-bones."

Alan gingerly shakes the shark's hand.

The sharkman takes your hand and shakes it vigorously. He smiles, and it is kind of smile that scares people: mouth full of serrated triangular teeths doesn't exactly inspire happy feelings the smile is intented for.

"Good."

Next you open your eyes you find yourself back into the city you were. Amount of time passed seems much shorter than you experienced. The few people around are only just now starting to run away and scream. Small people. Small enough to eat with two bites. Buildings are small too. You can easily lift your head above them and peer around. Makes quite different perspective, you notice.

The valley you were hiding in is gone as are the buildings surrounding it. Mostly crushed inwards by your now considerably larger body. Black sleek scales cover your sleek and powerful body. Magnificent! One problem though. Your sheer size makes it very hard to interact with small objects, such as Dice of Order. Very hard. Thankfully you can still find the tiny tiny pouch you held them in, but good lord it's going to be pain in the ass to roll those again. Not to mention picking them back up. On the positive side, your burns are gone. You are perfectly healthy. Healthier than you have ever been.

Professor Cuddles's tiny whining roar asks for attention. You should show it how a real dragon roars...

Okay that wasn't supposed to happen. Why did I cast that in here instead of out there like I meant to do? We'd better run, yo.

Dominic casts Animate Statue, preferably While Also Reattaching Its Arm Properly. And then he runs, yelling for the statue to follow. He grabs CenTreepede's ladder and begins climbing while ordering the mount across the gap.

If all of this is successful and he has a moment and some calm, he casts Repair Window.

6. The arm flies back to the statue like a boomerang, clobbering Joshua unconscious or worse in the progress. After being reunited with its arm, the statue comes to life. Its crushed head swivels around scanning for threats, and after failing to find any it follows you up on the CenTreepede.

CenTreepede springs into motion before you are properly seated on your throne, but the statue man saves you from falling off and pushes you gracefully on the seat. The spell is already paying off, even though it took so long to reach this goal. So much pain and suffering... The two meter gap means nothing for long multilegged creature as you mount is. It barrels of and moments later is already on top of closest hill. Good distance to pay for all the trouble you have caused more or less accidentally.

4. It probably works. You can't tell because you are already behind the hill, out of sight.

Old sigs.
Games.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 06, 2016, 03:07:03 pm »

Alan roars loudly, beckoning Professor Cuddles back to him. If he spies Professor Cuddles in danger, he immediately rushes to the aid with a relatively low temperature blast of fire; low enough to not affect the crocodilian dragon, but enough to kill any dangers to the pet. He inhales deeply through his nostrils, attempting to somehow discern the scent of his target, wherever he is, from the other scents around him.

Alan was fighting an inwards battle now. Nothing too big; not an identity crisis, or something like that. No. He was worried. About his name.

People don't quite fear the name ALAN. People don't cower in fear of "Alan... the evil dragon king". No. People were scared of names like Malicus, Evilicus, and Dreadicus. Alan wondered; what should he call himself now. Probably didn't matter. People would invent their own names for him. And he probably couldn't speak. He'd have to try that sometime.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 06, 2016, 03:47:14 pm »

"Use yours mother there is less chance of something going wrong I live if you do it."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 06, 2016, 03:49:39 pm »

"Give it... A moment..."
Sigtext

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 06, 2016, 03:53:48 pm »

"Okay. I think we're safe from our friends now, CenTreepede, you can slow down. Guys, we wild mages really are a danger to friend and foe alike. I continue to seriously question the nature of our mission. And that thing about the chaos emissary. And all kinds of other things. Welcome to the team, statue. Now, what shall I call you? Enchanted Statue is too ordinary, and Horrible Example, while being true to my intention in creating you and dragging you around like this, doesn't quite have the proper ring to it.

Dominic slows CenTreepede to a calmer stride and attempts to aim it toward the capital, preferably going into the woods at a point nearthe city but out of sight and stopping where we have a reasonable view but aren't conspicuous. I know this is asking much, but we'll try it.

Along hte way, and once we find a decent little camping spot, Dominic ponders the meaning of all this, piecing together clues from his various experiences, especially a) the dream that gave him his quest, b) the more recent dream of a chaos emissary, and c) his interactions with Soleus. Oh and his pamphlet on Wild magic and the poem from the base of his statue.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55