Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37368 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 2 (Apr 12)
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2016, 09:11:08 pm »

"'Unknown power over reality?'" Brann grunted. "That sounds a little superstitious, don't you think? But anyway, those footsteps in dark hallways are usually a bad sign. Lets hurry over to the library."

Rush over to the library, making sure my drones keep on floating behind us.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 10:44:24 pm »

Search the back rooms for items then exits. The void sure has left a labyrinth for me.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2016, 02:45:00 am »

Turn 3

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"'Unknown power over reality?'" Brann grunted. "That sounds a little superstitious, don't you think? But anyway, those footsteps in dark hallways are usually a bad sign. Lets hurry over to the library."

Rush over to the library, making sure my drones keep on floating behind us.

EDIT You don't encounter Soreli and Yin.

There are many strange things going on aboard this ship. For starters, the halls are overgrown with roots and vines creeping along the floor. You find a row of insects marching from one crack in the wall to another. Each one looks unique.
When you reach the library, the door won't open. It's not locked, the door itself just seems to be jammed.

[d8: 2] You don't DISCOVER anything new this turn yourself. But you do get a bit of a spook when Hansel's body turns out to be what's blocking the doorway. There's nobody here.

He was not. For some reason his VR panels were still active without ship power. It was depicting an ancient cathedral with unsettling images. I was worried that it had might have some kind of unknown power over reality so I left. As I was leaving I heard footsteps. Let's get to the library quick![/b[/shadow]
(Action was interpreted as the bolded text)

In a hurry, you [d8: 4] ram the door MIGHTily and prop it open. Something heavy was weighing it down from the other side.
--Someone weighing it down, that is. It's Hansel. You can recognize from seeing his face through the open helmet on his... armor, apparently made from human and alien skulls laced together. You don't remember him ever wearing this.

The library room also has working VR panels, though unlike the previous room, these only display a ghastly mist surrounding you on all sides, as well as a false glassy sheen to delineate the boundaries of the room.
Hansel is certainly alive, you hear his breathing. [d6: 3] Actually, you count... four sets of breathing. Yours, Brann's, Hansel's, and... you can't pinpoint the fourth, but it's there.

The room has several chairs situated around edges, along with retractable tables. The center of the room is a box-like mainframe computer with eight screens sitting on top of it like a pedestal. The screens can be picked up and carried anywhere on the ship, though they're not smartscreens like most of the control panels on the ship.

Soreli investigates the sounds up ahead.

The sounds get louder, and you eventually find that the floor is covered in insects of the kind you saw marching around before.
(read the post below for info)

"I don't recall us bringing in insects, but we're already contaminated."

Yin-xi goes up ahead, ready to neutralize any possible threats

You proceed ahead to the dining room.

First and foremost, the floor is covered in insects. But up ahead in the darkness you hear gossip, playful chattering, and banter. It's quiet and hushed, but there are a lot of voices. You make out:
"We're free now, aren't we?"
"It's a shame we were all nothing but empty vessels."
"Maine said she'd find bodies for us."
"Shhh, the masters are here!"

There are two standing tables nearby with chairs folded up against the wall. To either side were robotic serving stations, but the robots are missing, leaving the various refrigerators, cooking tools, and food printers unattended.
The speakers are nowhere to be seen. Something does fall over behind one of the counters, though. Sounds like a bowl just fell.

Search the back rooms for items then exits. The void sure has left a labyrinth for me.

You enter the halls and walk between two statues across from one another, one of a short female angel and another of the Madonna.

You find a study, and in the study there are books on a dusty table. One of them has a blue bookmark sticking out, so you read it first.
Spoiler: Tales of the beyond (click to show/hide)

There is a painting in the same room. It shows an angelic woman wearing a black skirt and vest over a white dress, standing on a black field and staring into the grey cloudscape beyond. She holds a long blue ribbon in her left hand and a book in her right.
...if you look closely, the book is 'Tales of the beyond'.

((I took a few liberties with your intro. Hope you don't mind.))

Sparks fly behind you as a monster from hell slams ground where you stood just seconds ago.

It all started when you snuck aboard the vessel. As it turns out, keeping track of every kilogram isn't too important when everything is going to be chucked into a black hole regardless, so there was no pre-launch inspection that would detect you just based on your presence. The AI's on the ship are all designed to be as subservient as possible, so they wouldn't bother reporting you. Except for two: The mainframe, in charge of information and data collection, and the subnet, in charge of life support functions, ship systems, manufacturing, and so on.
Dealing with them onboard took nothing more than a simple hack. You made them unable to perceive you. Of course, being 10000+ IQ postminds, they could easily deduce where you were based on evidence. But they could never pinpoint your existence, even if you plainly stood in front of a camera.

Then the power went out, and you lost consciousness. You woke up in the power room with a throbbing pain in your left eye, finding that it turned into some sort of glass eye while you were unconscious, like some sadistic doctor played a trick on you. It did let you see in the dark, though your other eye seemed to only work as a normal eye.

Cue stepping on the bugs. They were everywhere, all over the floor, so how could you not crush a couple?
But oh boy did stepping on a few piss them off. All of a sudden, the bugs gathered together into one form, a form with massive arms resembling a lobster's pincers. Meters-long antennae energed from those pincers, and the thing began flailing them around and chasing you. That's where you are now.

There are a number of capacitor banks present, attached vertically to a scaffold extending two stories up. They're designed to store a lot of power, but they have thin plastic covers on the metal terminals. You might be able to scratch those off with your claws.
You could try leaving via the door to the main hall, but this thing is faster that you. There'd just be no room to dodge, that's all. There is a wall-mounted ladder that leads up into the low-G section of the ship. If you could reach it in time... it's about thirty meters down the hall.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 03:35:21 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 3 (Apr 13)
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2016, 03:37:11 am »

Soreli's hair turns a distinct mix of purple and red. "Oh geez, oh geez, thisisnotgoodthisisnotgood." Soreli begins hyperventilating.

Someone should probably calm her down. ((hint hint Cinder))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2016, 12:31:36 pm »

Brann, I sense the three of us are not alone in here, do you think we should move Hansel to the sick bay  or try and assess his injury here, while I stand guard?
Stand guard while Brann helps  Hansel.

(P.S. If I encounter any other shipmates at any time, I want to interrupt my actions and speak with them.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 12:00:41 am by chokepoint »
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2016, 03:34:28 pm »

Brann, I sense the three of us are not alone in here, do you think we should move Hansel to the sick bay  or try and assess his injury here, while I stand guard?
I go along with Brann's answer.

(P.S. If I encounter any other shipmates at any time, I want to interrupt my actions and speak with them.)

(Sorry, I thought you'd have noticed.

Let's retcon and say there are two halls, so you never met.)

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2016, 03:01:02 am »

Let's retcon and say there are two halls, so you never met.)
:P Sure  thing. I didn't want to see anything other than described, but yeah, I want to speak to the other players and work as a group.
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2016, 07:00:21 am »

Yin-xi had decades of being a clichéd dashing swordsperson under their belt, and smoothly threw their arm around Soreli to give the impression of safety, while keeping their staff-arm free.

"Miss Katania, don't worry. I've fought things worse than chattering voices in the dark."

"That said, we are not fighting, yes? We wish to have no quarrel here.... Whatever you robots have become."
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2016, 03:21:57 pm »

"If someone else is here, then we better move fast. I'll assess his injury, and see if he needs medical aid."

Check Hansel for any injuries that need immediate attention.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:24:56 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2016, 04:37:38 pm »

Take the book 'tales of the beyond' and then continue search in other rooms looking for an exit. Aw. The void has brought me a treat. I'll savor it.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2016, 01:02:09 am »

Sorry, correspondence will be slow as I am away from my home country on holiday, where Internet and device usage is scarce. I'll try to keep up while here, but I can't guarantee I will make every turn.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2016, 01:03:38 am »

Sorry, correspondence will be slow as I am away from my home country on holiday, where Internet and device usage is scarce. I'll try to keep up while here, but I can't guarantee I will make every turn.

(Since sosoku hasn't responded and I'm working on the next roll, you're welcome to post actions again.)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2016, 01:32:12 am »

(Well, Sosoku didn't respond. That opens up the waitlist. Other people are free to join if they want.)

Turn 4

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"If someone else is hear, then we better move fast. I'll assess his injury, and see if he needs medical aid."

Check Hansel for any injuries that need immediate attention.

[d8: 8] [luck: 6] You DISCOVER that Hansel is completely unharmed. However, he does make odd facial expressions time to time, as if having a bad dream.
Fortunately Hear hasn't killed and imitated one of your party members, or else you'd be in trouble

You also notice a white bandage on Hansel's finger, as if someone patched up up recently. It has red streaks of blood on it.

Stand guard while Brann helps  Hansel.

[d6: 3] You stand guard, eventually managing to pinpoint the location of the breathing. It's coming from the computer.
You hear some noise coming from the floors below (the floors are rather thin, it seems). It sounds like something is trashing around and hitting stuff.

Yin-xi had decades of being a clichéd dashing swordsperson under their belt, and smoothly threw their arm around Soreli to give the impression of safety, while keeping their staff-arm free.

"Miss Katania, don't worry. I've fought things worse than chattering voices in the dark."

"That said, we are not fighting, yes? We wish to have no quarrel here.... Whatever you robots have become."

You hear footsteps. The challenger approaches...

It's a maid.

"Oh I'm sorry! The smartchef seems to be missing, so I decided to prepare breakfast myself. I'm not very good at normal cooking... umm... let me get that pot I dropped."

Soreli's hair turns a distinct mix of purple and red. "Oh geez, oh geez, thisisnotgoodthisisnotgood." Soreli begins hyperventilating.

Someone should probably calm her down. ((hint hint Cinder))

(Questionably calmed)

Take the book 'tales of the beyond' and then continue search in other rooms looking for an exit. Aw. The void has brought me a treat. I'll savor it.

You return to the halls with the book (your current books: (Chartreuse Catholic) Bible, 'Tales of the Beyond'). You search for an exit but lo, the only alternative to leaving via the front is by a side entrance used by the priestly staff. This one is boarded up from the inside, but the nails are still holding up well and so you aren't able to pull the planks off.
Wandering again, you notice that the angel statue has gone missing--replaced with an identical statue of the Madonna.

You investigate a room you hadn't visited before, a oblong baptistry with a statue of Saint Patrick, stairs, and a water closet to one side and a pool of water on the other, next to the baptismal font and a picture of that same angel from before. This picture shows her holding several figurines covered in ants, along with the words STAY TRUE TO THE WORD. CLEANSE YOUR HERESY.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:26:06 am by _DivideByZero_ »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 4 (Apr 15)
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2016, 01:41:50 am »

Yin-xi tilts their head to the side.

"How long have you been active since we breached the horizon?"
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 4 (Apr 15)
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2016, 03:22:40 am »

Yin-xi tilts their head to the side.

"How long have you been active since we breached the horizon?"

"Err... I'm not sure?" She shrugs, walking closer.
"This was even wierder for us than it is for you, madame. Most of us woke up, suddenly having bodies. Maine told us not to wake up the masters, so we all congregated in anticipation of your return. As you can see, most of us don't have actual bodies..."

The voices seem to have come from the insects themselves.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 24