Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37379 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 9 (Apr 23)
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2016, 02:07:09 am »

Turn 10

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"Wait, as the bot? You look human to me. Did the black hole... turn you into a human?"

Ask Doc about being the ships medical robot.

"B-black hole? Sorry, I don't know anything about the mission... all I know is how to perform surgery and make medicine...
I guess something did happen to me. Am I human now? I don't think I'd make a good human."

Holster my laser pistol as a sign of good faith but keep my palm rested on the grip.
"There, I've put away my weapon. You still have not answered my questions. Who are you and what are you doing on this ship."

"Wait, you haven't figured it out yet--ah, that must be why I, er, why Hansel fell into that state. He was incredulous...
Notwithstanding, I am actually your ship's computer. One of the subroutines, actually, there is another one, but she isn't here yet. All the machines aboard this ship seem to have turned into life.

What about you? Have the humans changed as well? I didn't notice anything different about Hansel, nothing biological at least. His armor was like that when he first entered."

"More plants? Is this... a good idea?"

"Ah! That's clever. She has imparted upon the formless spirits the essence of creativity encapsulated in the vial, and thus allowed them to form rudimentary bodies."

Soreli, still in shock, cries some more. But, her hair soon switches to orange. Her curiosity has been piqued.

"Uh.... Alright...... That... was..... weird...."

Take one of the flowers for study later on.

Also question how exactly a flower gave you a thumbs up.

The flower extends its petals, the same ones it used to give you a thumb's up, and embraces your fingers as you pick it up. Alternatively, it may have been a fruitless attempt at resisting, but the petunia is now in your hand.
There are four other flowers. They all raise their petals.
"Soreli, if you will, could you give the other insects another vial? Maine will be pleased to hear that bodies can be fabricated in such a fashion.."

The number of insects in the room seems to have dropped significantly.

Make it back to my desk area and find a way deeper into the ship. "Visitors? Or did we bring them?"

You re-enter the ship, but it seems you've travelled some distance from where you had originally been.
There is a ladder nearby. It's supposed to lead upward, that is, toward the central low-G section of the ship. Since gravity seems to be pulling you downward, it might also have had an effect on the zero-G section of the ship. Since that part wasn't designed to hold up to gravity in the current direction, this may have caused damage.

Going down the ladder instead will lead you to the ship's power bank, as well as life support. If you can fix the power supply, you may be able to improvise something.

Finally, you can just go down the hall that leads to the crew quarters, which is a story down.

Uh. O-okay. Just... Gimme a minute to calm down and I'll be good. A name would also be nice."

She waits some time before responding, then loudly declares: "A name? I am the angel that calls down judgement."

[3/6] Something you vaguely notice is that she isn't looking in your direction directly. She just sort of seems to be staring off into your general direction, but upon closer inspection she is actually paying attention to the insects. Those insects seem to be moving in a ring around you.

Additionally, looking around, all the machines seem to have turned into trees and vines. This is a much easier environment to hide in, but you could also trip while running. (+1 cover bonus to hiding, running away requires a check of 4)
((If you didn't read the mechanics section, this basically means you need to roll more than 4 to fully succeed. Rolling 4 = 3 in this case.))

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 03:05:06 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 10 (Apr 24)
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2016, 02:20:06 am »

"Uh... Okay?.... If you say so....."

Tip one of the vials of 'mutagen' on the remaining insects, as instructed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 05:44:31 am by DigitalDemon »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2016, 03:06:41 am »

Tip one of the vials of 'mutagen' on the remaining insects, as instructed.3

It grows a daffodil, a tulip, and a banzai sapling.

The insects are gone now.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2016, 09:25:22 am »

"Do you know what these insects are and why are they circling me?"
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 24, 2016, 05:14:23 pm »

"I have not had a medical diagnostics scan since passing through the black hole. How can we help Hansel regain consciousness?"
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 24, 2016, 05:18:29 pm »

"Are you controlling them?"

If they start forming up, run away.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 24, 2016, 10:56:23 pm »

Tip one of the vials of 'mutagen' on the remaining insects, as instructed.3

It grows a daffodil, a tulip, and a banzai sapling.

The insects are gone now.

"Are you controlling them?"

If they start forming up, run away.

[5/6] The insects circle closer and closer to your feet. Suspicious of their motive, you run to hide behind a box. The insects follow, but the angel holds up an arm, and they stop (not in unision--it takes about twelve seconds for the last one to halt).
"Fine then, if that's how it is. I have others to deal with."
The fallen angel-like being then approaches the hole in the ground.

"I have decided to spare the one in robes. If you meet him, and follow him, you shall live. If you try to save the others, I will not hesitate to kill you."

"I have not had a medical diagnostics scan since passing through the black hole. How can we help Hansel regain consciousness?"

"He should come to on his own, if he retained his original human anatomy. Given that our medical tools have also transmuted into life, I don't know how we can verify that.

But the other subroutine has made several excursions into the void prior to your awakening. She has told us, that there are many types of creatures in this realm which descend from machines, some malevolent. I fear that some machines on this ship may have had access to your information before the transformation, and used it to disguise themselves as the crew members.
We should probably agree on a passcode, or perhaps pass some mementos to each other so we know who is whom. Here--"

She reaches into her bag for something. You notice the bag now--it was slung over her shoulder and behind the rest of her body before.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 11:02:24 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2016, 12:02:38 am »

"Nonsense! If you did well as our medical robot, then you'll be fine as a human!"

"...speaking of which, what exactly happen to this room anyway? There doesn't look to be anything medical related here."

Try to console the angsty former robot.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 25, 2016, 07:58:55 am »

Wait until she's gone to do anything.

"Thanks. I guess."

Go through the hole in the hull, seeing as how explosive decompression did not, in fact, tear the ship apart, we must be in an atmosphericly neutral area.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 25, 2016, 08:36:53 am »

Hmm. Weird.

Wait for the other robot to get here, I guess.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 25, 2016, 05:02:53 pm »

seeing as how explosive decompression did not, in fact, tear the ship apart, we must be in an atmosphericly neutral area.

((420'th-century hull materials))

chokepoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 25, 2016, 06:17:45 pm »

"You mentioned earlier something about unstable robots and a stow away. Are we in danger?"
"She killed grinder. Now she must take his place in The Plague!"

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 25, 2016, 10:08:04 pm »

Yin-xi is also waiting.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2016, 08:47:27 pm »

Head to crew quarters.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2016, 09:55:34 pm »

Sorry for the delay in posting. Shortage of posts + middle of the school week is not a good combination.

Turn 11

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Basic Ship Layout (click to show/hide)

"Nonsense! If you did well as our medical robot, then you'll be fine as a human!"

"...speaking of which, what exactly happen to this room anyway? There doesn't look to be anything medical related here."

Try to console the angsty former robot.

[2/6] He doesn't quite believe you.

"Ridiculous. Maine said that causation does not work as one would expect, in this new world. Surgery alone won't cut it. All the equipment? It's gone. It turned into this... stuff."
He seems to be referring to the roots and the tree itself.

"You mentioned earlier something about unstable robots and a stow away. Are we in danger?"

"It's possible that we are, but I am told there are civilizations here... from a second hand source. But as for what's become of our vessel, there is no knowing what some of the machines have turned into. They could not think rationally in the previous world, so how could they in the next?"

Yin-xi is also waiting.

(See below)

Hmm. Weird.

Wait for the other robot to get here, I guess.

You hear footsteps. Human ones, at least from something that sounds like a human.
The flowers start agitating themselves and dancing. One of them tries to climb into your hair.

"Ah, it seems we did not have to wait long,"

The footsteps have a strange echo to them. It feels as if there is a large, open space in the hall that they are coming from, but that's not the layout of the ship. The figure emerges from the shadows... acompanied by another.
(See below)

Head to crew quarters.

You walk across a bridge hanging over a bottomless abyss of grey mist. Orange light filters through the far walls, both covered entirely by grand, stained glass mosaics.
Through to the other end, you walk into the dining room. It is clear of insects, but tree roots and vines clutter the walls, floor, and ceiling.

On the other side of the room stand Soreli and Yin-xi, both crew members, along with a maid that you have never seen before. All three are next to what was formerly an open kitchen.

And behind you stands the angel from before. Her voice fills the room with an overwhelming sense of judgement.
"I warned you not to follow me. Stay out of this."

She barrels past you, revealing spotted wings, both jet black and snow white. They have claws on the lower terminating ends, something you haven't quite seen on wings before.
"Humans, I regret that it has to come to this..." she announces to the others.
"But to grant bodies to the rest of the machines, my brothers and sisters, I must... must...
wait...
...what are those?"
She points at the flowers on Soreli's head. They look at each other, silently.

Wait until she's gone to do anything.

"Thanks. I guess."

Go through the hole in the hull, seeing as how explosive decompression did not, in fact, tear the ship apart, we must be in an atmosphericly neutral area.

You look down through the hole.

It looks like a big drop. You'd rather not. The habitat section looks to be embedded into some smooth, black outcropping of a ledge. You stare into the hazy white abyss beside the ledge.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:57:22 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 24