Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37369 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 18 (May 15)
« Reply #210 on: May 19, 2016, 10:58:05 pm »

"..and that's where the trash came from."

Look upwards to see the source of pot, and presumably the rest of the trash.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 19, 2016, 11:25:50 pm »

Turn 19

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

"I'm gonna leave sir, cause I should probably get back to doing things....."

Scout in the near vicnity to find anything valuable.

[6, 6] You look around in the sand. It cannot be helped that by searching for items of value, you also find all the lesser items such as driftwood, shattered pearls (half palm-sized ones at that), worn copper tools that look like they were physically forged, and lots of smooth black rocks.

And then you see it. Or perhaps it has found you. It's a sword, with YOUR NAME ON IT. How cool is that? It seems to be stuck in a rock.
Next to the rock is a huge yellow pearl next to a tower of stacked bamboo about a meter in height. The pearl, about a foot across, is dirty and covered in ash, half-sunk into the sand.

"You know what, never mind. I'll just follow you guys."

Blatantly ignore the advice from the 'angel lady' and follow everyone's cue.

It looks like the others are going out on a scavenger hunt. You suppose there's no reason not to, as well.

[4] You walk all the way across the beach in the process, getting close enough to the forest that you see lanterns hanging from the trees, surrounded by what at first seem to be fireflies, but actually appear to be yellow pearls of the sort that one of the others, the one with the telekinesis, dredged out.

Slightly vexed, Réoris stares at the dancing lights below. "Is this the cave to your town? Lead me there oh noble lights!" Réoris digs around in the sand with his spear.

He turns, looking where the blue beacon was. Go to where the blue light was unless something else is noticed about the yellow lights (if I do take up my robes again.

[3] You stab the sand repeatedly. The lights seem unaffected, but they tend to avoid you now that you've stabbed at them. They continue trailing you, but at a distance.

You decide you can walk across the beach, sparing others the rowboat. The blue beacon leads you to a cave opening, a cave that appears spacious and lined with blue lanterns on the inside.
The entrance contains a note scawled in the all-comprehensible alphabet: "KEEP OUT, ALCHEMY AT WORK"

"..and that's where the trash came from."

Look upwards to see the source of pot, and presumably the rest of the trash.

You look up to see a floating island. Clouds of vapor rise from within city walls, although you're not quite sure if the color is that of industrial smoke. It actually looks like rainbow smoke.

"That was close. Now, if only I had my PMEAD."
Look up to spot any danger, if none then grab the  broken pearls and investigate what is inside of them.

You look up. There is a floating island above. It doesn't seem to be falling down, for now.

[8/8, 1] Investigating the pearls, you discover they are filled with an amorphous sludge. The sludge reacts, when it touches plant matter, by emitting light and taking on the form of a cold vapor, which escapes the pearls as soon as you activate the effect (they are cracked after all).

+1 Science xp

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 20, 2016, 01:26:17 am »

Take the bamboo, and attempt to use it to wedge the sword out of the rock. Also take the pearl.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 20, 2016, 01:55:21 pm »

"This might be useful later."

Take a lentern and head deeper into the forest.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 20, 2016, 03:03:40 pm »

"So there's a city... that has some serious smoke problems... but still! Discovery!"

"Hey Adam! Think you could take a look at one of my drone's cameras, please? Try to get it working?"

Try to get one of my drone's cameras working. Ask choke-point if he could get another one working. Send the third one up to the city just for kicks.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2016, 05:12:57 pm »

(Bump)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2016, 09:17:32 pm »

"Hello! Sir? I would like to speak!" Réoris calls into the cave.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 23, 2016, 12:01:59 am »

Turn 20

Take the bamboo, and attempt to use it to wedge the sword out of the rock. Also take the pearl.

[6/6, 2] Each individual piece of bamboo is actually rather short. To get a long enough one, you'll have to physically dismantle the tower. That's easy.

[5/6, 2] One little bit comes into contact with the pearl. The yellow pearl blazes to life, giving off a cool glow. The materials on it sort of bubble into a liquid and evaporate with a hiss, leaving a clear pearl so bright it hurts to look at.

The sword is also glowing. As you wedge it out from the cracks between the rocks, you notice runes on the side, similar to the language you saw in the note before, but clearer: This weapon, a tool of justice, glows when life is lost.

"This might be useful later."

Take a lentern and head deeper into the forest.

[1, 2] You walk into the forest, and feel a sense of dread come over you. It seems that you are going to have a bad time.

As you walk past a tree, and notice the smooth, blood red bark and the black, scaly needles you are [Defend against 4: 3] shot at by an arrow from the bushes. It lands directly into your glass eye, which shatters the tip and diverting the rest of the arrow such that it leaves a gash in your temple.

Something runs away from you immediately after. You spot black-orange stripes and a long, narrow tail as it disappears into the fog.

"So there's a city... that has some serious smoke problems... but still! Discovery!"

"Hey Adam! Think you could take a look at one of my drone's cameras, please? Try to get it working?"

Try to get one of my drone's cameras working. Ask choke-point if he could get another one working. Send the third one up to the city just for kicks.

[2, 4] You are unable to find the source of the problem. Adam might, though.
[7, 3] You forgot to flip a switch, apparently. Adam ticks it, and suddenly you cannot see from your eyes anymore. Instead, you now see your surroundings from the point of view of the hat drone. You can still move your body and watch your own actions, it's kind of unnerving.

Meanwhile the first probe is on its way up. It's able to move surprisingly fast, but once it arrives it doesn't give any video feed.

"Hello! Sir? I would like to speak!" Réoris calls into the cave.

[3] You hear glass break, and some (presumably curse) words yelled in anger. A short, but not stout figure stomps over to your position, and when he tilts his head up to meet your eyes, he steps back aghast, and rushes back into his workplace. You hear a metal door shut and a heavy lock turning into place.
Do you really look that imposing?

Meanwhile the yellow lights in the water seem to be making noise.

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 20 (May 22)
« Reply #218 on: May 23, 2016, 12:53:34 am »

Take the pearl, and name the sword PEACEMAKER. In all capitals. Because she's a nurse, and would really prefer not to kill people unless absolutely necessary.

But if the sword is glowing now.... Oh crud.

Scout the area to find any dead-looking people.
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 23, 2016, 02:23:10 pm »

Sigh.

Head back to waters near the lights to wait for that guy to reemerge.

"Forgive me precious lights. I didn't mean to stab at you, rather to see what might hide under the sand.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2016, 07:12:39 pm »

"Hahaha. Nope. I am not going to deal with this. I don't care who you are or what you want, but I bid you adiue."

Take my lantern, pick up some bark to protect myself from another arrow, and leave.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 25, 2016, 12:25:19 am »

"...*sigh*"

Bring the presently-flying drone down to turn it's feed on, then send another drone up to explore the floating island.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 25, 2016, 02:08:53 pm »

Turn 21

"Hahaha. Nope. I am not going to deal with this. I don't care who you are or what you want, but I bid you adiue."

Take my lantern, pick up some bark to protect myself from another arrow, and leave.

[5/8, difficulty 5] You rip an entire sheet of bark off the nearest tree with your claws. This will probably kill the tree, and the bark likely won't give you much protection given that it was so easy, but..

[6, 6] You run away, hopping over and past shrubs, logs, glowing pools of acid, and swarms of yellow glittering bug-like-things. You hear a rustle fading behind you, as well as a shout: "Wait! I mistook thee for a human!"

+1 xp to mobility

Sigh.

Head back to waters near the lights to wait for that guy to reemerge.

"Forgive me precious lights. I didn't mean to stab at you, rather to see what might hide under the sand.

Waiting for the man to reeopen the door (perhaps tonight), you instead witness the source of the yellow lights surfacing: A man made entirely of fish, whose stomachs glow vividly yellow.

[glow=yellow]"Brrr! Your stabbing cost me, mortal. But I shall refrain from taking a few of your fingers, in the spirit of reconcilliation."[/glow]
He seems quite imposing, but he has no legs and his entire body is supported by fish. Conclude what you will.
[glow=yellow]"Well, are you going to just stand there? The old hermit isn't going to come out again if he knows you're there, not while you're standing on that."[/glow]

As it turns out, you are standing on some sort of sigil drawn in the sand.

Take the pearl, and name the sword PEACEMAKER. In all capitals. Because she's a nurse, and would really prefer not to kill people unless absolutely necessary.

But if the sword is glowing now.... Oh crud.

Scout the area to find any dead-looking people.

[4] You search more and more, eventually concluding three things:
-There are no dead people in the vicinity of where you found the sword
-The further you go from the original sword's location, the less it glows
-The glowing pearl is starting to ignite some of the stray grasses and seaweeds lying around the beach near it.

The smoke, if you go near, turns out to be cold instead of warm, but the objects themselves are heating up as they smolder.

"...*sigh*"

Bring the presently-flying drone down to turn it's feed on, then send another drone up to explore the floating island.

You swap the drones and are now able to control the one investigating the factory.
[7, 1] You swoop down into a couryard full of short, elf-like creatures hauling candy canes and trays of unbaked goods.

You sneak into an open doorway investigating rows of conveyors, some hand powers, others powered by copper transmission axles from the ceiling. Elves are constantly shaping candy into different objects: weapons, jewels, scrolls... you also see where they make the pearls. The finished pearls (a checkerboard pattern of blue and yellow) roll down onto a conveyor coated in bamboo, which causes them to light up immediately. Cracked or non-glowing pearls are removed by a quality-control elf, who tosses them in a pot near the window. When the pot is filled to the brim, he tosses it and replaces it with another from the stack.

The drone also transmits a sound feed, so you can hear the sound of steam whistles, hammers and chisels, and the shouting of elves at work. You don't understand their language, but you can read their signs (they are in that alphabet from before).
A few of them seem to be pointing at you from across an open haul. One calls for something, and soon they procure an oversized net on a handle which seems to lengthen on its own.

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 21 (May 25)
« Reply #223 on: May 25, 2016, 02:51:57 pm »

"Wait, what?"

Extinguish the lantern, stoop behind a tree for a minute using the crystal eye's ultra-night-vision to scan for any extra hostiles, and call out: "Art thee a friend or a villian? I come not bearing war or destruction, nor any means to do so. I come hither from a faraway state. Ye forest is not in danger from me and my steadfast compatriots. We come bearing naught ill or benefit. If thee would not shoot me with ye arrows, I would be much obliged to reconcile with you on my invasion of your property and hope to establish a reasoning betwixt us, so as you know my intent and I know your reasons for having shot me."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 21 (May 25)
« Reply #224 on: May 25, 2016, 05:47:32 pm »

Hmm...

Go back to the swords origin, and attempt to move the rock it was stuck in. Also, attempt to roll the pearl somewhere without grass on the ground.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 01:09:09 am by DigitalDemon »
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24