Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24

Author Topic: Blank Slate - Turn 35 (Jul 7)  (Read 37378 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 21 (May 25)
« Reply #225 on: May 25, 2016, 06:58:19 pm »

Also, pocket the pearl. Don't want to set this place ablaze.

((It's one foot across. You can carry it.)) ;)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: May 25, 2016, 11:37:27 pm »

"Forgive me sir, I did not mean to impose.

move off the sigil and wait for the hermit.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2016, 01:08:38 am »

Also, pocket the pearl. Don't want to set this place ablaze.

((It's one foot across. You can carry it.)) ;)
((oh.

dang.

I forgot, and also I don't work in your stinky american measurements :P))
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2016, 01:35:12 am »

"Fascinating! Though, I would like to re-use these drones, thank you very much."

Have the drone fly away from the "'elves." If possibly, try to make the drone emit a screeching sound to scare away the natives.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: May 26, 2016, 02:02:23 am »

((I use metric most of the time, but saying 'a foot across' is more convenient than specifying 'aproximately 3 decimeters'))

Turn 22

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

"Fascinating! Though, I would like to re-use these drones, thank you very much."

Have the drone fly away from the "'elves." If possibly, try to make the drone emit a screeching sound to scare away the natives.

The elves give chase, but your drone is much too fast to be caught. It's not even remotely possible for them to catch you.
[1, 4] Your drone emits not a screeching sound, but a chirping like that of a fleeting animal.

Outside again, you take a look at where the smoke is coming from: smokestacks near the border of the island, angled outward. You notice bright white cracks in the ground, surrounded by wooden cranes being lifted by elf crews. They seem to be excavating chunks of white glowing rock from the island.

"Forgive me sir, I did not mean to impose.

move off the sigil and wait for the hermit.

The fish-man utters a humid sigh and rests his head against his palm. It turns out his fingers are formed by pairs of long pincers like those of a crustacean; his thumbs are formed by lobsterlike tails.

"Human, the hermit is always busy here. If you want to steal his tomes, you should probably just break in there using magic. He won't come out for days at the rate he's been working."

He starts to sink back into the water.

Hmm...

Go back to the swords origin, and attempt to move the rock it was stuck in. Also, attempt to roll the pearl somewhere without grass on the ground.

You roll the pearl away with your feet, noting that the surface is very hot. Your sword glows furiously as you move the pearl, until it shuts off suddenly after being no longer connected to plant matter.

The sword stops glowing.

Also, you hear yelling in the forest. Yin-xi is hanging around nearly levitating stones with their arm.

"Wait, what?"

Extinguish the lantern, stoop behind a tree for a minute using the crystal eye's ultra-night-vision to scan for any extra hostiles, and call out: "Art thee a friend or a villian? I come not bearing war or destruction, nor any means to do so. I come hither from a faraway state. Ye forest is not in danger from me and my steadfast compatriots. We come bearing naught ill or benefit. If thee would not shoot me with ye arrows, I would be much obliged to reconcile with you on my invasion of your property and hope to establish a reasoning betwixt us, so as you know my intent and I know your reasons for having shot me."

You hear rustling in the woods, deciding from the walking pattern that it's some sort of quadruped. Judging again, it seems like said quadruped is now walking...

"I am not an enemy, but thy abuse of our language makes me want to kill you..."
[4] The lantern's light comes from the pearls around it, not the lantern itself, so you struggle to extinguish it for a moment. You finally manage to do it by taking a green crystal off its stand inside the lantern, causing the pearls to dim slowly and fall. You also hear a faint scream coming from the lantern.

"If you are not Virtual, like Us, then, you must be recently borne into this world with the power of a dynasty at your fingertips. I shall take my leave!"
The speaker seems to be running away now on two feet.

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:10:07 am by _DivideByZero_ »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 22 (May 26)
« Reply #230 on: May 26, 2016, 04:12:43 am »

Oh, right. So it seems to detect even plant death. Wonderful.

Rush towards the forest, and attempt to analyse where the yelling came from.

((I use metric most of the time, but saying 'a foot across' is more convenient than specifying 'aproximately 3 decimeters'))

((Right.))
When in doubt, use puns.
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: May 26, 2016, 10:35:25 am »

"Wait. What do you mean by 'Virtual'? Or 'dynasty at my fingertips'? And I am sorry for my butchering of your language. Come back! I merely wish to speak to you. I just arrived here and I don't understand what's going on."

Cautiously follow the sound of the fleeing creature. Keeping my eye out for any traps or malign artifacts.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: May 26, 2016, 03:07:57 pm »

"I wish not to thief! Rather to make conversation! Réoris calls at the sinking fish-man.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2016, 12:43:35 am »

A white rock... could it have something to do with the 'candy?'

Have the drone get in closer to the white rock, and examine it further.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Blank Slate - Turn 23 (May 27)
« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2016, 02:33:44 am »

Turn 23

Spoiler: Dictionary (click to show/hide)

A white rock... could it have something to do with the 'candy?'

Have the drone get in closer to the white rock, and examine it further.

[2/8] You approach the glowing rocks, and promptly lose control over the the hat drone. It flips and tumbles in the turbulent air, suggesting that the white stones are causing a hell of an updraft.

"I wish not to thief! Rather to make conversation! Réoris calls at the sinking fish-man.

[2] "Well you know what, that sounds like a personal issue," says the fish man as he sinks below the waters.
"And here I thought I had my chance to get at that source."

"Wait. What do you mean by 'Virtual'? Or 'dynasty at my fingertips'? And I am sorry for my butchering of your language. Come back! I merely wish to speak to you. I just arrived here and I don't understand what's going on."

Cautiously follow the sound of the fleeing creature. Keeping my eye out for any traps or malign artifacts.

"Do not mind me, I am just an inferior being, that is all! Just a lowly machine... need food... badly..."

[6] You eventually overtake the creature, after wearing it out to the point where it can no longer stand. [1] You can't seem to relight the lantern, but your eye makes it redundant.

You see a being torn halfway between a tiger and a man. He wears long, black hair tied in many locks behind his head using plant fibers. His beard is long and wild, and his dress, on his human upper half at least, consists of silken robes that look like a king's.
"Have pity on me, I beg of thee! I prey on humans, for I cannot subsist on plants alone. It is my nature, to kill or be killed."

He holds a golden bow, which probably is just wooden but plated with gold. Probably? That would hardly be the wierdest thing in this dimension.

(+1 Mobility XP)

Oh, right. So it seems to detect even plant death. Wonderful.

Rush towards the forest, and attempt to analyse where the yelling came from.

You rush into the forest, finding many lanterns hanging from trees. They are yellow in color, but the light comes not from the lanterns themselves but from yellow pearls suspended in the air around them. Inside each lantern lies a purple crystal wrapped in vines, vines which seem to emanate from the wooden casing of the lantern itself.

The yelling came from deeper into the forest. There exists a path of lanterns leading in one direction, but the yelling (and subsequent conversation, you valuely hear among the rustling of leaves) comes from a direction off the path.

Brann Montoya's Status: Frostbitten finger (minor)

Halcyon Adhil's Status: Temple gash (minor)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2016, 04:38:29 am »

Oh, dang.

Slice some grass, and shine the sword down the dark path briefly. If it looks clear, continue, if not, follow the other path.
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2016, 10:05:44 am »

"Calm down. I assure you that I won't hurt you. I think that you're just doing what it takes to survive. Now, all I want to know is where are we? I woke up in this strange land just about yesterday. I don't know anything about this place, or you, or these weird stones in this lantern. Let's just start with your name."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2016, 04:08:35 pm »

"Calm down. I assure you that I won't hurt you. I think that you're just doing what it takes to survive. Now, all I want to know is where are we? I woke up in this strange land just about yesterday. I don't know anything about this place, or you, or these weird stones in this lantern. Let's just start with your name."

He looks baffled.
"I see... uh, let us assume you shant hurt me this moment then. I am Guark, a machine intelligence sent into Sagittarius A*... some time ago. I do not know how fast time flows here on the other side...

As you can see, my form..."
His lower tiger half seems to be slowly turning into normal sandaled legs. "Has taken on an anthropomorphic form. I assume this happened with the machines on your own vessel, yes?"

Oh, dang.

Slice some grass, and shine the sword down the dark path briefly. If it looks clear, continue, if not, follow the other path.

The sword doesn't shine when you cut the grass.
However, it does glow brightly when you bring it near a lantern. The lantern gives off a chill at first, but as you bring the sword closer, the sword glows incredibly warm, while the lantern grows slightly dimmer and gives off a cold wind.

The sword is much brighter than the lantern, though, allowing you to vaguely make out (with posthuman vision) a pair of figures talking to each other in the distance. You close in on the conversation between Halcyon (Sosoku) and Guark

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2016, 05:17:18 pm »

"I don't know. I wasn't part of the main crew. I stowed away in the cargo hold. I remember waking up and everything was more or less normal. But, my eye used to be biomechanical, but now it's glass. I assume that if you were transformed and given a more intelligent sentience, then the other machines were too. I'm Halcyon. But, my friends call me Hal."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 28, 2016, 02:07:31 am »

"Uhh.... Hello?"
When in doubt, use puns.
that's pretty gay
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 24