Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded  (Read 89485 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile

Now we're talking.

I get it, having a solid unbeatable squad feels great and is great...when you're playing by yourself. When LPing XCOM however, your audience expects a little more blood :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Now we're talking.

I get it, having a solid unbeatable squad feels great and is great...when you're playing by yourself. When LPing XCOM however, your audience expects a little more blood :P
Basically, yep. I expected IESS+ and ABA to beat the crap out of me on commander, even with my big collection of mods. It turns out I overprepared, lol. Even survived a couple missions on legend! (a couple. Not many.)

On the otherhand, the early game would've worked out more or less the same anyway, just with more injuries. Now that we aren't only up against advent and the occasional muton leader however, it'd be more interesting anyway, so it evens out I'd say. Now the shadow chamber part of the game gets to be more dangerous instead, eh? ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 10:44:11 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm a cruel device
My blood, like ice
One 'nade, could kill
Your pain, my thrill

My poison running through your veins
My poison! You can't break these chains

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Forgot to actually take a picture of Maximum!

Here you go. Update next.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Lets have us an alien war: XCom2 modded. M12: Explosions!
« Reply #214 on: April 26, 2016, 11:44:24 am »

Scamper balanced is out, health is downed, intel rumors are in. But not as cool as the previous rumor.
Two days later, bam! 50% off the next region contacted. Lets head to New Indonesia, get that facility available. Slightly later, the shadow chamber is now avialable. Also, viper and shieldbearer autopsies are now instant, lets get those done. Mostly from the xcom energy shields mod, we now have an energy shield grenade, and these things unlocked in the proving grounds: Group shield generator, personal shield generator, experimental armor. We also have the battlefield medicine project unlocked from the viper.

We also could potentially get us our own sneks. But in the meantime, Battlefield medicine is added to the proving grounds queue, and we head off to finish the powered armor research the black market started. It will be ours in a week.
As soon as we get to the geoscape the game tells us the facility we're looking for now has an extra avatar project dot. Could be worth it now, it'll take three whole dots out from the tracker.

Two days and one generic avatar progress tick later, the psi lab is complete. Wizard first, and the engineer goes to the proving grounds.

A tricky choice, whether to let them have armor or to allow berserker packs.

Oi, I was busy with our supply drop! I suppose I'll make the spider suits and a couple more exos then, we can upgrade them later. Caroline gets Null Lance, Maximum gets Shredder. Kaladin gets the PCS: Adv. Agility. I also pick up our other Squad Size upgrade from the gts. Athing and Furtukan get the new exo suits.

Op Moon Slap means we could either try to moon the target into submission, or just slap them instead. I don't think we're allowed to do the former though, so we'll just have to do the latter.

Muton Centurion spotted.

Grapple Further is nice.

Lol. I think I'll let Pies try it instead once we're ready, since this is clearly not a challenge to Cypher.

Target spotted. With some decent guards too.

We accidentally some loot here, but oh well.

Jopax tears the armor to pieces, and Kaos assassinates the centurion.

Mass Overwatch is still tricky to screenshot, much less pin down who actually killed what. Pies climbs up and finishes off the MEC with combat protocol, Caroline moves forward.

Furtukan moves into not the greatest position, but takes out the sentinel and his flankers will die of poison.

We've got company.

Yes, Kaos. I certainly am impressed yet, what with you getting a crit for 10 on lightning hands. Furtukan slaps the target, leaving Kaos open to fanfire without killing the target. He's got some ridiculous 89% crit chance on the two flanked vipers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Caroline KOs the surviving muton with soulfire. Big bird picks up some loot: Advent lockbox, hair trigger, PCS: Agility, PCS: Superior Focus.

Well, it was worth a shot. Reinforcements behind us now.

Not the best screenshots, but it is what it is.

Even more reinforcements incoming onto a roof across from the evac roof. Ann grapples to the roof Kaos went to first.

And continues to succeed at Deadeye shots. Furtukan picks up our target, and Big Bird picks up the other loot: Elerium core x3, advent lockbox x3, adv stock.

Urist flanks the remaining stun lancer.

Could be worse.

Promotion get! And then Kaos moves over a square into unflanked cover thanks to DFA.

I'm gonna assume it was the EXO suit that let you carry them up that pipe without dropping them.

XCOM: For when blowing up the entire front of the building to hurt one enemy and kill another with gravity is not unusual. :P

Today is just not Pies day for hacking.

That enemy only had 1 hp left, you didn't need to crit Maximum! (Good to know grenade crit chance applies to rockets though.)

Rince Storm is apparently not to be outdone in the over-crit department.

Successful chain shot? Yep. Promotion? Also yep.

This was probably unnecessary, but I like rockets! Also its Athing getting a crit rocket.

Spoiler: We done/We gots awards (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Loot (click to show/hide)

Promotions: Maj. Bullets, Colonel Urist 'Cypher' Imiknorris (AWC ability: Deep Cover), Colonel Rince 'Funky' Storm, Maj Kaos (got Steady Hands), Maj. Big Bird (got Draw Fire)
I add Advanced Modular Weapons to the proving grounds queue with our new supplies, and the next rumor is also supplies. But first, we have a supply drop to finish.

And if you guys really wanted me to, I could see if I could add in attrition mode's unlimited reinforcements, if it agrees with being mid-campaign. Not the limited ammo though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 26, 2016, 01:24:09 pm »

Colonel, whooo

I'll take saturation fire, those pesky ayyys don't need no cover!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 26, 2016, 01:42:12 pm »

I was actually hoping for Deep Cover. How about that. I'll take...

Um...

Maybe Capacitor Discharge? I've never actually used either before, but I think we have enough healing to get away with it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 26, 2016, 01:58:02 pm »

I've used the healing one before, tis rather useful if suddenly everyones gotten shot up.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 26, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »

Capacitor discharge is pretty amazing against sectopods and other robots. Especially if you have a few of them in the same area. Probably no wrong choice on that one.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 26, 2016, 03:40:21 pm »

Capacitors it is.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 26, 2016, 04:14:36 pm »

That's no moon! Sadly, I don't have the skill to make a gif of the Death Star being slapped.

Edit:

Eyyy Max, how you doing? The demolition eugenics program is just waiting to be created. :P 

Of course, Markus would probably need a sex change, but I'm pretty sure you can do that in this game so it shouldn't be a problem.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 06:10:21 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 26, 2016, 08:04:54 pm »

Bad enough that I can never get high anymore, now I am assisting others in the task and just watch them wistfully...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 26, 2016, 08:17:51 pm »

I was actually hoping for Deep Cover. How about that. I'll take...

Um...

Maybe Capacitor Discharge? I've never actually used either before, but I think we have enough healing to get away with it.
We'll also have a lot of direct damage once we have a psi-op or two, and the other two are already leaning towards combat hacker.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 26, 2016, 08:52:20 pm »

@Aklyon, (yep, did my best to spell it right),
     I think maybe you need a mod to increase pod sizes, or mod an existing one - you are not in charge of a sneaky squad here, you've got an army.

Spoiler: Promotion (click to show/hide)

Not sure what to make of a surgeon that continually ranks as the most high member of the team......
     I approve of Athing detesting Stun Lancers - keep up the good work, Critical!
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 26, 2016, 09:05:32 pm »

I'm not sure there actually is an increased pod sizes one besides IESS+, and I'm not exactly sure how that works to begin with besides that its gotten rid of all the pods smaller than 3. The config file is pretty big and wordy. if someone with the game wants to see if they can figure out what I need to replace, that'd work.

I did find attrition mode and its configurable continous timed reinforcements however, and changing the squad size is simple.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2016, 09:07:14 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22