Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52

Author Topic: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06)  (Read 134342 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile

okay, the save is run-
OH WOW
THIS PLACE IS A MESS

I HAVE A LOT OF WORK TO DO
including getting better at using imgur and ms paint.

edit: hang on, that crundle has access to the main fortress. and by crundle, i mean crundle corpse climbing up our stairs. oh god.
why are there 5 miliatary squads? it's easier to just have one. Guardians of blood it is.
begginning proper write - up and roleplaying. will wait to post more when spish is ready.
spish?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 02:10:11 pm by Imic »
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile

Hello! I'd like to be dorfed please! Make me a speardwarf. *pokes the enemies to death*
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Hello! I'd like to be dorfed please! Make me a speardwarf. *pokes the enemies to death*
Most of the enemies are, sadly, already dead.

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

From the Journal of Spish "Splashoils" Rulushuzol:

13th of Hematite, 301

You know what this place could use more of?

Yeah. Dragons don't take shit from nobody. A few more hatch covers wouldn't hurt either.

...Oh right, where was I?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The ogre makes short work of the three footsoldiers, but due to it's lack of functioning legs it can't keep up with the crossbowmen. Eventually one of them lands a miraculous shot, splitting the ogres head in twain, proving these things actually can be defeated. Unfortunately for them, their wild firing attracts unwanted attention.

Let's just say it wasn't a pretty sight.

Can one of you IDIOTS close the gate already?

20th of Hematite, 301
Finally, we've reached the magma sea. With a magma smelter pumping out iron, and all that other stuff out of the way, I've started the mining out a separate, stone fortress, complete with its own aquifer breach and surface airlock entrance. If hell breaks loose up top, we'll be able to keep it out of here. At least, that's the plan, anyway.

Sanctume had his fancy engineering and all that, but me I prefer to do things the easy way.

11th of Malachite, 301

Migrants arrive from the north and are immediately swarmed by the undead hordes.
It's a troublesome scene to be sure.

You may want to be more careful around those bodies of water, we got spinos.

By the time I manage to get the gates open, only two of them are even still alive. Let's see how they're enjoying their vacation so far...

Yeah yeah, we get it. Sheesh, you don't have to be such a drama queen about it...

15th of Galena, 301

Puzzlebark is acting strange, he must've taken a few too many blows to the head.
I won't lie, it is a nice hat. But surely you could've made something more useful, like say, a hatch cover perhaps?

15th of Limestone, 301
Traders from the Mountainhome arrive with their wagoned caravan.

They make it to the Depot, but after hearing the agonized screams of their co-workers, they quickly begin to have second thoughts. They start to head back out the way they came and...

Oops is right. Just then it dawns on me that we have the Forest Titan right where we want it, I have Ryukan, who is locked in the control room without food or water, quickly seal up the west tunnel. I can still hear them screaming the next morning.
CAN YOU FEEL THE KINDNESS!?
LOOK AT ALL THIS GIVING!!!

Okay, how the hell do you even kill this thing? They were stabbing it for days. By the way, its severed hand is its own entity now.

A pair of merchants managed to escape into the fortress. They've lost everything.

He crawls off into the caverns, never to be seen again.

30th of Sandstone, 301
Most fortresses just have roaches and other crud like that. We have to deal with...
...I really hate this place.

15th of Sandstone, 301
One last migrant wave. With the titan locked away many of them actually make it into the fortress this time. They are stopped in their tracks by herd of zombified farm animals. The smart ones go around, the stupid ones try to fight their way through it.
We now number at 26. Among the survivors, Spriggans Guardedflag the axe-wielding jeweler. He is appointed as captain of The Dead Planks.

A human bard and his swordsman friend snuck their way into the fortress during the chaos. He introduces himself as Lapip Knowledgeknower.

What the hell kind of a name is that? It's kind of suspicious if you ask me... anyway, I look away for one moment and he makes his escape, no doubt spreading word about our adamantine riches to the outside world. Am I going to have to install an anti-comedian security system?

26th of Timber, 301
Some deadbeat poet tried to make their way into the fortress. The giant firefly husks got to 'em first.
They were also apparently contagious...

10th of Opal, 301
A human spearman by the name of Onbir Yawnjoy enters through our brand new airlock, and offers his services to our military. Whatever you want man, it's your funeral. It's an honor to welcome someone who appreciates hatch covers as much as I.

11th of Opal, 301

Wait, who in their right mind would send a child to a place like this?

22nth of Obsidian, 301
I was in a bit of a hurry and may have made a few miscalculations with the plumbing. Where the hell is all this blood coming from anyway?
Why are there chain restraints in all the bedrooms, you ask? Well that's none of your concern, citizen.

The Cyclopean Snacks is now open for business. We now have a temple to Kidet, the god of War, Chaos, and Fortresses: The Cathedral of Reigns. I have also established a temple to Tarem, The Sanctum of Biles, for our (unsurprisingly) rather prevalent worshippers of death, disease and suicide.

1st of Granite, 302
The year has come to a close, finally freeing me of all this damn responibility.

Yeah, I'm not really cut out for this whole leadership thing; I'd hate to be the guy that has to clean up this mess. Speaking of which, I wonder how they're preparing for the job...

Hey, I get most of my notes from random screenshots and sorting through all that junk takes time. Imic, you may begin. I wish death upon you, best of luck ;)
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12016
I tried to get way more done than I realistically could've, hence why the fortress is such a bloody mess. I had plans for a doomsday lever, but obviously I didn't have the time or the means to put those contraptions together. Guess I'll leave that one up to you guys. :P

The save is perfectly compatible with the new version, so we may as well move on up. Course this may prevent people from using programs like Therapist and DFhack for the time being.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:35:46 am by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile

Just in case you forgot this was a Battlefailed sequel...

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile

Yo, is my dude still in one piece? He used to be a simple wood burner until he got involved in several fights with undead, husks and body parts. now he's apparently a militia captain and I,m just not sure just how many bits of the poor guy are left...

Spish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He was replaced by Spriggans as the axedwarf militia captain. He is scarred and doesn't feel anything anymore.
The Crop Tool is your friend.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 09:44:57 pm by Spish »
Ah, yes, I thought something was amiss. Now I see. There's not enough terrible things in the lakes.

kleanea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bloodyhells - Succession: Battlefailed #5 (42.06) - Dorfs Wanted
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2016, 02:18:17 am »

On windows you can press alt+printscreen to take a screenshot of the window, then directly paste it into imgur to upload it.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2016, 03:08:23 am »

Will post stuff later tonight. Real life and My time zone got in the way.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 11, 2016, 05:14:21 am »

Maybe the titan thinks that everyone is meditating on suicide, and it's just giving them what it thinks they want. This is a Battlefailed fortress after all.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2016, 02:09:13 pm »

well then.
Imic, finished meditating on suicide, addressed the bedraggled crowds around her.
'as your new Overseer, i would like to say something. This will be a good time. i want everything to work wel. I-
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBLIIIIIIIIIINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
well, four goblins.
CLOSE THE GATE
yes.
ah, good. i- OH NO WAIT THE GATE WAS ALREADY CLOSED! DON'T PULL THAT LEVER!!!!!!!!!!

oh thank god. now, get to work!

later...
IT'S IN THE BASE!!!!!!!!!!
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's not moving. i-

why do I even bother.
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 11, 2016, 02:20:35 pm »

''Meditating on suicide: A zen approach to sudden finality''

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2016, 04:00:55 pm »

Oh what the hell.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2016, 05:58:30 pm »

IT, is inside?

Is Barney in the house?

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #89 on: May 12, 2016, 08:23:59 pm »

GREAT ALMIGHTY ARMOK HOW DID I NOT KNOW THAT THIS WAS HAPPENING

Sign me up. In the tradition of the players of legend and awe, I shall drive this fortress directly into the bloody ground!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 52