Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 17: I Guess This Counts As Taking Casualties  (Read 27903 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 14: Intersecting Paths
« Reply #180 on: August 30, 2016, 06:48:19 pm »

Sorry for the long delay, everyone. I should have the next turn up soon.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 01, 2016, 03:45:55 am »

(Still lurking, and ready to roll when I will be called !)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 01, 2016, 04:04:40 am »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 01, 2016, 06:10:31 pm »

Back then, Jalak was rather more happy-go-lucky and rather less paranoid and jaded.
He wasn't in any more mortal peril than any ordinary bandit was any moment of every day, and he saw no reason not to celebrate his youth, daring, success and continued freedom to the fullest. The newcomers to the tavern weren't of much interested to him, focused as he was on the glass of [POPULAR LOCAL LIQUOR] on the table before him- and his dashing reflection in it.

He laughed along with his comrade, Maxos, then took another healthy swig and smiled. Life, contrary to all expectations, was actually pretty good.
For the time being, at least. 

Remember happily boozing it up with my friends without a care in the world. Ponder Ronke's more popular alcoholic beverages, then and now.
Also recall considering whether mixing black lotus and booze was... well, not a good idea, but one that wouldn't kill me.

Jalak's relationship with black lotus is completely up to you, as is the significance of the role it plays during this memory. You're players on a stage running without a script; all I'm doing is setting the stage and assembling props. You can go full on Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas with this one if you want. Or you can do something completely different that has essentially nothing to do with what we've talked about so far, but it will influence the present in potentially unsubtle ways.

Jalak is ostensibly enjoying a glass of colocynth, a popular liquor endemic to Ronke. The liquor is made from the extremely bitter desert melons that grow from vines in nearby rocky canyons. It is traditionally served in a low, wide glass, and generally not served with meals, but there are really no hard social rules about it. It has an aggressively pungent taste, like a very over-spiced rum, but different; more alkaline. First time drinkers find it overpowering, but it's easy to get used to and quite popular. It is considered to be medicinal and protective against the venom of desert scorpions. Osuttasue-Uhasab is drinking a lot of this while eating heavily, which is sort of weird, but not particularly weird by his standards.

Beer is popular in Ronke. The lands to the east play host to many kingdoms, the closest and least of which is a small city state on a sprawling floodplain. The city of Zsh-au has a storied tradition of beer brewing, and casks of beer from Zsh-au are a common feature in virtually any tavern in Ronke. Beer from the city-state is generally light in color, sweet, watery, and with a great deal of suspended particulate matter. Beer is also brewed in Ronke itself, where it is very similar to Zsh-au beer but usually thicker and more alcoholic. Both are popular. Tumbleweed and Minos Maxos are drinking beer.

The people from the hills and mountains near Ronke have this weird drink made from yak's milk and vodka (vodka being a liquor made from potatoes, an exotic root vegetable from far off lands introduced to the region several centuries ago) that they like drinking. The mixture is acrid and curdles as you drink it. Tesen is from the hills, and this is what he's drinking.

Mixing black lotus and alcohol is generally considered to be more irresponsible than taking either alone, but it won't kill you. On the one hand, it can make the illusions more vivid and difficult to disbelieve, and it can impair judgement when it comes to knowing how to react to them. On the other hand, the alcohol makes you sort of uncoordinated and relaxed, so when you fall over screaming in your flight from some shrieking hideous cannibal giant that suddenly emerged into view from behind a corner, your body will probably be limp and you probably won't hurt yourself too badly. Overall, it's basically the done thing, especially among bandits.

Black lotus makes you better at fighting. Bandits are belligerent drunks.

There are some things that really shouldn't be mixed with black lotus. [3] Jalak doesn't know what they are, but he does know that some of them cause pretty much guaranteed psychosis when mixed, and there are rumors that some substances make the hallucinations real(?).

Drubjarred didn't like bandits, but he had heard rumors of some sort of cult. Cults tended to be bad news even for dwarves, due to the fanaticism that their members could muster. As such, he eyes the group of cultists suspiciously and keeps a firm grip on his sword, ready for the worst.
[5] Drubjarred watches warily as the leader reaches into his robes and withdraws a short scroll. One of his acolytes hands him a wavy, heavily ornamented sword that resembles a kris. The tall priest unfurls the scroll, holds it up in view of the assembled patrons, and bellows:

"Profligates! Forsaken dregs of this lost city! I am the envoy of the Great Winged Serpent, Eizkol Arb, praise be upon him! His coming is nigh, and I come in his looming shadow to liberate you from the shackles of your vices!" He raises the sword, and his acolytes brandish short staves of iron. "Cast away your debauched lives and join us willingly, or you will be forced!" Obviously, the bar by this point has fallen silent. The cultists seem to be waiting, observing the patrons to see if they will acquiesce or not. Drubjarred, Yao-bo, and Macthotho are off in an inconspicuous corner. Drubjarred can't see the hands of his friends, but it'd be a good bet that they're like his: on the hilt of a weapon, ready to draw and strike in a smooth single motion. A murmur rises in the crowd. Drubjarred can vaguely see the mouth of the bandit in the leather minotaur mask under the shadow of his visor. He has a gigantic toothy grin plastered across his face.

Jalak: The lotus is obviously potent. Minos Maxos is wearing a huge grin and looks like he's struggling to contain either laughter or some sort of paranoid outburst. The girl he's with has pupils like huge black datura seeds; shiny and massive and grotesquely irregular. Jalak can tell that Minos is about to do something loud and animated.

The atmosphere of the bar is suddenly incredibly tense. Only an instant has passed, what do both of you remember happening?

Also, you have friends; you can tell them to do stuff. Who you tell and how you tell them will influence their cooperativeness, and what happened to them here could influence your relationship with them in the present.

Wrap up the dolphin song and bask in the applause. Take several more bows than the situation calls for.
Scarlet bows deeply to thunderous adulation. A bouquet of kind of dried up looking roses soars out from a table right at her, and [2+3] she catches it gracefully. Basically all of her skills and aptitudes contribute heartily to her ability to catch bouquets of roses. She was born for this.

Various happy fans give her small amounts of money, and an extremely large man who is simultaneously towering and squat and is entirely encased in very thick, very grimy, very crudely designed plate armor approaches Scarlet. A quiver of sawed-down polearms bristles from over his shoulders. A colorfully painted porcelain shingle is affixed to his breastplate and reads, "Grundig, Proprietor." Scarlet can't exactly make out what he's shouting at her in his deep bass voice, muffled as it is by his ridiculously bevisored dome-like helmet and drowned out as it is by the loud tavern, but it's good and she's pretty sure as he hands her a pouch of coins that he'd be happy to have her perform in his bar any time, and also pretty sure as he grandiosely gesticulates with a sweeping (clattering, meaty) arm to the wall of armaments that he wants her to choose a free weapon.

Take a seat....check the seat first.
Laura pulls the chair out and looks, very obviously, at the seat. She looks up at the hooded, looming figure. She squints suspiciously at it, and then squints suspiciously at the seat, and then back at the hooded looming figure, who is by now looking at her hopefully, expectantly. She checks the seat again. There's nothing on it. It's just a chair. She sweeps her hand across the underside. No traps. No lethal contact poisons. She raps her knuckles on the legs of the chair to make sure they aren't hollow; drilled out and ready to collapse under her weight. The looming figure is looming particularly far over the table now, watching intently. There don't seem to be any traps. Hmm.

Finally satisfied, Laura takes a seat. The figure's wet eyes look relieved. The mysterious ragamuffin leans back and a ragged rag-wrapped claw raps rapaciously at the drawstrings of its purse before withdrawing a small silver coin and sliding it across the table. The shiny metallic disc comes to a stop inches away from Laura. [5] The coin is Bogorlalzschan. Very, very foreign. She recognizes it because the king of Asturia is an avid numismatist who loves to foist his hobbies on his family and his court. Bogorlalzsch is an incredibly distant country in a very far flung corner of the world, carpeted by snow and scoured by vicious cutting winds. The entire nation is based around the maintenance of vast stony prison camps, where all criminals are kept. Political dissent is a very serious crime. Thinking that there should be less prisons is political dissent. Basically everyone in the entire country is either a prisoner or works in a prison. The coin has a picture of a prison on it.

"That's for sitting down." The creature hisses. A silver piece is a pretty significant amount of money for sitting down on a chair. Laura could make an easy living sitting on chairs for money if this keeps up, but it won't. "There's more where that came from. I need mercenaries, adventurers," the creature lifts a ragged claw to gesticulate towards the axe that Laura openly carries, "Adventurers of your breed. Plural, and not in the royal pronoun way." The creature stops for a moment and waits for a reaction from Laura. She stares at it. It slides another silver coin, [4] this one of a different provenance, somewhere in the Eastern Kingdoms, across the table. "There's money behind this offer. Are you looking for this kind of work?"

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 01, 2016, 06:13:02 pm »

I've been dropping a lot of hints and hoping that someone would read that ad on the board and think "Hmm, we need a monstrologist," but that hasn't happened yet. I think you're gregarious and engaging enough to probably make it happen, and you've been very patient.

Pick a location in Ronke, set in the present day timeline. Welcome to the game.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 15: Intersecting Paths
« Reply #185 on: September 01, 2016, 07:05:32 pm »

I've been dropping a lot of hints and hoping that someone would read that ad on the board and think "Hmm, we need a monstrologist," but that hasn't happened yet. I think you're gregarious and engaging enough to probably make it happen, and you've been very patient.

Thanks ! Let's jump in then.

(...)

Meanwhile, in a busy street of Ronke, close to an administrative building...

Merenio stood in front of wall filled with posters of all kind. Before him stood the wonderful job-seeking post he wrote himself.
He stood there every morning. Then every morning, he entered the office to ask if anyone hired him.

He couldn't help but think about the investment this advertisement was. But more importantly, he thought :
"Maybe I should have written my contact informations."

He sighed, and taped on the ground in frustration.
"Dung."

Such a beautiful ad surely must have had a striking effect ! How come no one tried to contact him since he arrived ? Or maybe the town was really filled with cretins ?

"If today isn't good, guess I will have to seek a la traditional way, that is by going to a tavern..."

Enter in the office of the administration responsible for job offers, in the hopes that some positive answer occurred since yesterday.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 01, 2016, 07:41:59 pm »

Shuffling about she quietly bites her lip before opening her mouth.
"I believe I'm Quite intrested.....You have some interesting coinage."
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 01, 2016, 09:03:26 pm »

He grimaced and shook his head at the cultist. He knew better than to let his guard down, but he was offended that they considered drinking a "Vice".
"And who are you to say what Armok's creations are to do? your god is a mere spawnling from one of the many cycles that are said to happen, and he cannot change the way Armok has made the world, nor can he change the way Armok made his creations! Every dwarf knows this to be true in their hearts, as do the Gnolls, the Humans, The goblins, the Elves, and the Creatures of the Night, Cursed as they may be. What power does your Eizkol Arb have that he would contest with the nature of his creator's will?"
Wait to if they try and attack, then parry and slash at their knees if they do.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Jerky

• Bay Watcher
  • Hermit Punsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 01, 2016, 09:15:50 pm »

Scarlet hops down from the table. A sort of graceful juggling act ensues as she moves about the tavern while accepting and pocketing the offered donations, shifting her bouquet from arm to arm, shaking hands and moving around tables. She turns around to shoot a wide grin back at Flora and catches a glimpse of the extravagantly-dressed gentleman, who is staring off into the distance with a somber look. No doubt, she thinks, he must have fallen into deep thought about some important subject, as wise men often do. She reminds herself to go be properly introduced to him once things settle down a little.

A few moments later, Scarlet arrives at the wall of weapons. Her eyes glide uncomprehendingly across the impressive collection. Scarlet knows nothing at all about weapons. To her eyes the whole display is just an indistinct mass of blades and hilts. Not wanting to be rude, she resolves to take one anyway, choosing more based on appearance than practicality.

Pick out a one handed weapon that's in good condition. The more elaborately decorated the better. A rapier would be perfect.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 09:28:40 pm by Jerky »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 02, 2016, 09:43:22 pm »

A grin forms on Jalak's lips, echoing the one forming in his memory.
Having tried black lotus himself on a few occasions before that incident, he knew that the goings-on around someone with a head full of lotus could affect the trip in unexpected and bizarre ways. He could only imagine what Maxos was taking away from this scene... he was somewhat disappointed that he hadn't indulged as well. Probably for the best, though, if things got too wild- he wasn't really planning on including a terrifying, snake-themed, lotus-fuelled meltdown in his post-raid celebrations.

Jalak took another sip of his colocynth, letting out a satisfied 'ah' as the cultist's deranged rant was answered by someone else in the bar speaking up, but his eyes (or, well, the eye that isn't covered by his newly-acquired eyepatch) remained fixed on Maxos, eagerly awaiting something spectacular.

Remember: Taking another sip of my drink and watching with amusement as Maxos leapt to his feet, still trailing the forgotten woman on his arm, and rushed at the lead cultist in an attempt to steal the man's sumptuous robes whilst bellowing something about how they're just his size. Which is not very true at all, by the way.

Tesen was most likely ready to jump up defend Maxos, whereas Osuttasue-Uhasab, oblivious, continued scarfing down his food at unsafe speeds.
For Jalak's part, he would grudgingly pitch his half-full glass at the lead madman's face if he seemed likely to get a chance of using his sword on Minos Maxos. He figured old Maxos could probably withstand a few of those iron bars without his beauty being marred too badly, after all.

Booze is Life for Yoink

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 17, 2016, 09:32:28 pm »

Hey, dudes! Sorry for the really long wait. I've been busy with real life. This is only half a turn, I'll post what happens with Drubjarred, Jalak, and Scarlet soon.

Thanks ! Let's jump in then.

(...)

Meanwhile, in a busy street of Ronke, close to an administrative building...

Merenio stood in front of wall filled with posters of all kind. Before him stood the wonderful job-seeking post he wrote himself.
He stood there every morning. Then every morning, he entered the office to ask if anyone hired him.

He couldn't help but think about the investment this advertisement was. But more importantly, he thought :
"Maybe I should have written my contact informations."

He sighed, and taped on the ground in frustration.
"Dung."

Such a beautiful ad surely must have had a striking effect ! How come no one tried to contact him since he arrived ? Or maybe the town was really filled with cretins ?

"If today isn't good, guess I will have to seek a la traditional way, that is by going to a tavern..."

Enter in the office of the administration responsible for job offers, in the hopes that some positive answer occurred since yesterday.

What could have gone so wrong? Sure, Ronke's a backwater, the La Mancha of the Empire, but the superfluity of monsters here is well known. They have giant scorpions! Gnolls! There are fucking ogres living under the city, for Christ's sake! You would think that people would be fighting each other to hire a Velbacian monstrologist, especially one who studied at The Academy!

But they aren't. Merenio has been supporting himself with occasional health checkups and basic medicinal therapies for the large weasels kept by the wealthy citizens of the city (all mustelids of all sizes are technically classified as monsters rather than normal animals), and has not had a single response to his ad.

"Merenio! Hey!" Zan waves a cream-colored envelope excitedly in the air as the bell above the wooden door tinkles and the monstrologist steps into the cramped stucco room, hedged off as it is by counters and deposit boxes. Zan is a slightly overweight Ronkeian, a veteran of the guard who was medically retired very early in his career after sustaining permanent injuries in a scuffle less than a year ago. He walks with a limp, but his jolly disposition and gregarious nature prevent that from keeping him down. Merenio's been coming to this office every day for the past six weeks. They're on a first name basis.

"You won't believe what I've got." He slides the envelope across the counter and into Merenio's eager hands. "A response. In letter form. I've never seen anybody respond to a job ad by letter here before, this must be a really big deal."

The envelope is folded from thick, heavy paper, almost cardstock. Merenio's shaking hands peel back the flap, cheap viscous glue coming away in strands, and he withdraws a folded sheet of the same thick paper. Written on it, in spiky handwriting, is a short note:

Spoiler: the note (click to show/hide)

Shuffling about she quietly bites her lip before opening her mouth.
"I believe I'm Quite intrested.....You have some interesting coinage."
"Recognize the coins? My patrons are very cosmopolitan." The figure flicks another silver coin across the Laura. Asturia. Could the creature know? It leans in close and looks around to make sure none of the other patrons are listening. "You'll be going under the city. With the ogres. We need you to capture them alive, as many as possible, and transport them clandestinely to a location in the North District. You'll have to provide your own armament and transportation, but we'll provide an expert in this field to assist you. How you get the job done is up to you. Still interested?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 15.5: Half a Turn
« Reply #191 on: September 18, 2016, 11:11:48 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 15.5: Half a Turn
« Reply #192 on: September 19, 2016, 01:31:21 am »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2016, 09:15:34 pm »

Scarlet hops down from the table. A sort of graceful juggling act ensues as she moves about the tavern while accepting and pocketing the offered donations, shifting her bouquet from arm to arm, shaking hands and moving around tables. She turns around to shoot a wide grin back at Flora and catches a glimpse of the extravagantly-dressed gentleman, who is staring off into the distance with a somber look. No doubt, she thinks, he must have fallen into deep thought about some important subject, as wise men often do. She reminds herself to go be properly introduced to him once things settle down a little.

A few moments later, Scarlet arrives at the wall of weapons. Her eyes glide uncomprehendingly across the impressive collection. Scarlet knows nothing at all about weapons. To her eyes the whole display is just an indistinct mass of blades and hilts. Not wanting to be rude, she resolves to take one anyway, choosing more based on appearance than practicality.

Pick out a one handed weapon that's in good condition. The more elaborately decorated the better. A rapier would be perfect.

I'm enjoying the roleplaying enough to award a bonus to your roll in light of it.

[6+1] (Welp.) Pinned high against the wall, a rapier glints in the dim light. Scarlet points, a ladder of the wheeled type they have in reputable and impractically high-shelved libraries is wheeled over, and the weapon is retrieved for her.

Even with all the impossibly gaudy ornaments and baubles that Scarlet is accustomed to, even with all the fantastic stages and amphitheaters of exotic palaces that she has performed in, this sword is the most intricately decorated thing she has ever seen. Finely engraved filigree coats the silvery surface of the blade with a tapestry of scenes of strange beasts, high mountains, forgotten temples. Individual cracks in temple stones, the fine coats of unusual beasts, soaring vistas of jagged rock. They are all extremely lifelike; the mountain faces look as if the sun is really shining on them, the clouds above them look real, not like a poor facsimile, not like an engraving at all. Looking at the towering peaks and cliffs, Scarlet feels the same wonder that a person does when really looking out over a breathtaking, impossibly large and beautiful scene of nature. The handle shines like a new moon, so brightly polished that it seems to reflect light that might not even be there.

This is a really, really highly decorated sword. The guy who brought it down is gawking at it like he's never seen it before. It's incredibly light.

A grin forms on Jalak's lips, echoing the one forming in his memory.
Having tried black lotus himself on a few occasions before that incident, he knew that the goings-on around someone with a head full of lotus could affect the trip in unexpected and bizarre ways. He could only imagine what Maxos was taking away from this scene... he was somewhat disappointed that he hadn't indulged as well. Probably for the best, though, if things got too wild- he wasn't really planning on including a terrifying, snake-themed, lotus-fuelled meltdown in his post-raid celebrations.

Jalak took another sip of his colocynth, letting out a satisfied 'ah' as the cultist's deranged rant was answered by someone else in the bar speaking up, but his eyes (or, well, the eye that isn't covered by his newly-acquired eyepatch) remained fixed on Maxos, eagerly awaiting something spectacular.

Remember: Taking another sip of my drink and watching with amusement as Maxos leapt to his feet, still trailing the forgotten woman on his arm, and rushed at the lead cultist in an attempt to steal the man's sumptuous robes whilst bellowing something about how they're just his size. Which is not very true at all, by the way.

Tesen was most likely ready to jump up defend Maxos, whereas Osuttasue-Uhasab, oblivious, continued scarfing down his food at unsafe speeds.
For Jalak's part, he would grudgingly pitch his half-full glass at the lead madman's face if he seemed likely to get a chance of using his sword on Minos Maxos. He figured old Maxos could probably withstand a few of those iron bars without his beauty being marred too badly, after all.

He grimaced and shook his head at the cultist. He knew better than to let his guard down, but he was offended that they considered drinking a "Vice".
"And who are you to say what Armok's creations are to do? your god is a mere spawnling from one of the many cycles that are said to happen, and he cannot change the way Armok has made the world, nor can he change the way Armok made his creations! Every dwarf knows this to be true in their hearts, as do the Gnolls, the Humans, The goblins, the Elves, and the Creatures of the Night, Cursed as they may be. What power does your Eizkol Arb have that he would contest with the nature of his creator's will?"
Wait to if they try and attack, then parry and slash at their knees if they do.

"Foul, cretinous dwarf. You speak of the demiurge as if it plays a personal role in your insignificant, debauched existence. Eizkol Arb, Praise Be Upon Him, is the greatest and most powerful of beings. He is a light in the darkness, a beacon of stability in the chaos of the demiurge. The creator does not care if you waste your life. The creator does not have a will, but The Great Winged Serpent does, and it is his will that-!"

[4+1]vs[2] The towering fanatic is cut off before his sermon can get into full swing as the leather-clad bandit in the mask slams full force into him in a flying leap, extremely dazed looking girl in tow. The wickedly curved sword clatters to the ground and slides under a nearby table. The three collapse to the ground in a pile of flailing limbs, [2] the cow-masked thug bellowing incomprehensibly and tearing wildly at the cultist's robes, popping stitches and ripping loose swathes of fabric.

The gathered rows of acolytes break into angry yelling and begin upending tables and beating the bar patrons with their iron clubs! Two of them descend on the screaming Minos Maxos!

Drubjarred and his companions leap to their feet, swords already drawn, and [6]vs[6] the clash of metal rings out as the dwarf blocks a powerful overhead blow from one of the cultists! A deep notch is cut into the iron rod, but Drubjarred's blade is finely crafted [2] and doesn't shatter, but does find itself stuck tight in the iron club! [4]vs[4] he brings his boot up and stamps hard against the cultist's chest, thrashing him roughly but failing to either pull his blade free or loosen his grip. [4], [3], Yao-bo and Macthotho have their own troubles to deal with as the melee is joined and the bar erupts into a brawl, but both seem to be at least holding their ground around their dwarven friend.

[6] Tesen leaps immediately to his feet and rushes past Minos Maxos, diving under the table that the long sword slid beneath. He times his slide perfectly, neatly grasping the hilt of the blade. Osuttasue-Uhasab keeps shoveling food into his mouth obliviously, [3] looking up just in time to meet face to face (literally) with a cultist as the robed fanatic charges towards him, slips dramatically, and headbutts him in the face. Osuttasue-Uhasab crashes back into the table, breaking it and sending food, drinks, black lotus petals and coins to scatter all across the floor. [1] Tumbleweed grasps the hilt of his sword over his shoulder and gets half-way through drawing it before the table crashes down on him, connecting hard with his hip, throwing him off his chair, and leaving him momentarily stunned on the floor. [3] Jalak laughs and manages to take a final swig of his drink before he's knocked back and drops it to shatter on the ground.

[2] For the moment, any cultists not mentioned are too busy brutalizing sinners to be aware of where the most serious threats in the room are, and none of them charge the bandit table or Drubjarred's table.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Turaco's Sellswords RTD: Turn 16: Well, That Took A While
« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2016, 10:16:02 pm »

One thing that Drubjarred knew was that he had a strength and size advantage. In order for his foe to strike him effectively, they would have to swing lower than normal. Additionally, he was in the perfect position to throw them off balance while he was freeing his weapon from the stave of his foe simply by charging forward. The enemy would either have to back up, or watch as a dwarf forced them to hit their groin with their own staff simply by forcing their way forward.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14