Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14

Author Topic: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2  (Read 15200 times)

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Turn 2
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2016, 08:19:24 am »

"Well, since we don't know where their Comet is, we should focus on where it probably is. Those swamps wouldn't be as likely to stop it, and it might be that it's hiding in there somewhere. At least here we can look all over the plains and see if someone's coming."

I tap my fingers against the gun scope. "But they're definitely going to see us coming, too... and they're quite a ways out. Either way, we have to make contact eventually, so we should probably cut around the right edge of these swamps, keeping to cover as best we can, while trying to get a closer look ourselves."

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2016, 09:25:41 am »

I'll do that if no one else does. I mean, it's not that uncommon a trick.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2016, 12:28:26 pm »

"Swamps? We could do that. I prefer heading east into the clearing. Then we can peer North to see what our Squad 1 buddies are doing. If we stay close to the swamp our vision will be blocked and if the Comet decided to carry forth and head north we won't see it."

If only Hermia could help us out. Call Hermia to me.

"...But I see what you mean. That cover might be advantageous."
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2016, 03:24:50 pm »

I'll do that if no one else does. I mean, it's not that uncommon a trick.

You learned it when you learned to use the gun scope, as well as how much to adjust. A gentle breeze blows from west to east, though the tank shell is pretty heavy. It won't make more than a few centimeters of difference at a few kilometers.

"Swamps? We could do that. I prefer heading east into the clearing. Then we can peer North to see what our Squad 1 buddies are doing. If we stay close to the swamp our vision will be blocked and if the Comet decided to carry forth and head north we won't see it."

If only Hermia could help us out. Call Hermia to me.

"...But I see what you mean. That cover might be advantageous."

[2] The bird doesn't seem to hear your call. She does swoop down toward the Greyhound, though. She usually only does that to dead things.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2016, 03:58:07 pm »

Raioyris turns pale. "No... There's not much I can tell her to do, though she does have a very sharp intuition."

She usually picks up on things pretty quickly. I imagine if she sees me tanking for a while she might pick up on it.

Then she might become useful recon in the field. Though, I don't like the idea of Hermia becoming a soldier.

"Tray, mind checking out that crew after... well... taking them out?"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:51:48 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2016, 04:13:25 pm »

"If we're going to shoot at the Greyhound, we need to aim a little low on the turret.

Also, if you guys want, I can go out there and find out what it is that's making that noise."
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2016, 04:53:06 pm »

"That might be a good idea."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2016, 04:54:42 pm »

"Also, if you guys want, I can go out there and find out what it is that's making that noise."

((Noise?))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2016, 04:58:12 pm »

"The smell's only  IN the ASU, so it's not going to be an issue. Not any more then the smell of gasoline tanks usually emit."

"Anyway, yeah, you can go and check it out.We should try to see if there's any signs of movement in the M8. That could change things dramatically."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2016, 05:03:49 pm »

Shirou also climbs up to look. He thinks he sees an object moving very slowly toward the west, to the south of your tanks, in open field. It's difficult to cleanly resolve, even with binoculars. It is very far away.
"South? And slow? That doesn't sound like our Comet. Unless they don't know how to read a map and they have a broke engine."
"Well, since we don't know where their Comet is, we should focus on where it probably is."

(( I meant to see what that other tank was.))
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2016, 05:10:21 pm »

(( I meant to see what that other tank was.))

"Should've checked earlier. now the smells going to stay for a while."

"Anyway, that 'object' does seem too slow to be a Comet. It might just be stuck or broken down though, so we should be cautious."

"...wait how'd they even get there?"

Get back in the commander's seat, standing out the top.

Even with binoculars, it's hard to resolve. [d6: 4] It's probably not a Comet. It's not sticking up past the grass enough. It might be an animal, they're not known not to exist.

((If you still want to check it out, Trucy will take over the gunner's seat, and Tray will have to load.))

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2016, 05:13:05 pm »

"I'll get up in a tree, notntoo far from here and see what's what. Sound good?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2016, 05:46:56 pm »

Hermia settles on top of the vehicle. She's normally shy, so this is odd to say the least.No crew comes out of the M8, not visibly at least.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2016, 06:24:13 pm »

Raioyris pulls is his collar down, "I don't have a good feeling about this."

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2016, 06:43:51 pm »

City of Irrowskurn, 2330 Orbital Time, Day 140, 79 A.E.

M18 continues east while continuing to spot, ASU moves closer to optimal gun range to hit the M8.

You instruct Mia to turn right and head out into the field slowly, while everyone else spots with binoculars in the now-crowded turret. Reports:
[-] Raioyris: Still nothing from the M8.
[-] Gwydion: Nothing but the rustling of grass.
[-] Ayn: The coast is clear.
[-] Shirou: He claims to hear the report of a machine gun, a very quiet report, but cannot pinpoint it.

"The smell's only  IN the ASU, so it's not going to be an issue. Not any more then the smell of gasoline tanks usually emit."

"Anyway, yeah, you can go and check it out.We should try to see if there's any signs of movement in the M8. That could change things dramatically."

You give the order! Jeremy hits the gas and the vehicle lurches forward. You remain in the cupola, keeping an eye on the M8.

You approach firing distance safely. You are about 2km into the field, and Trucy thinks she has a good shot, although she didn't get much practice at the range. She awaits the order to fire.

The tank is crewed by three at the moment, as Jacob left to climb a tree and observe the thing in the south.

"I'll get up in a tree, notntoo far from here and see what's what. Sound good?"

You climb up the mightiest tree in the whole forest, which is about 20m high. This gives you a decent vantage point for the surrounding terrain, and allows you to realize that the grey object is not that far at all! It looks like an animal, sort of like an elephant, with a trunk and two flaps coming from its head.

It's actually walking toward the Hellcat.

You are SQUAD 3. Scale: 100m per tile.

Spoiler: Terrain (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Watt-Physferus Tanks (click to show/hide)

Ammo:
[45] 76mm Training Shells
[40] 85mm Training Shells
[400] 50cal Rubber Bullets
[2000] 7.62mm Rubber Bullets

Supplies:
[20] Flares (Red, White, Blue)
[81] 3 days worth of sandwiches
[80] Tread links
[100] Welding wire
[99] Bolts, wires, tape, connectors
[500/625 L] 180 km left on Hellcat (225 km max range)
[337/400 L] 265 km left on ASU-85 (290 km max range)

Tools:
[9] Binoculars
[4] Saws
[2] Welding kits, plasma cutters
[2] Torches
[3] Wrenches
[4] Hammers
[9] Shovels
[2] Pickaxes

Healthy
>Hermia is following your general location

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Healthy

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 14