Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2  (Read 15202 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: The Fallen Sky: Training Round 1, Eliminated Squad 2
« Reply #180 on: July 16, 2016, 03:06:09 pm »

Mia and Jacob find the M8 abandoned, and that some of the grass beside the vehicle is on fire. It's not a bright flame, but there is a considerable amount of smoke and the smoke gives Mia a bit of a coughing fit.

A bit of searching brings up a note scribbled in a student's handwriting: Cell phones didn't get reception! Heading back to the base since we couldn't get the tank out of the mud. Sorry!
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 16, 2016, 05:40:05 pm »

"Oh. So, they're gone. Uh. Why the fire though? I don't like this and you're getting sick, let's head back."

Scan the tree line on the way back to the ASU.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 17, 2016, 06:51:39 am »

"Yeah."

Scratch that. Stay and attempt to put out the fire.
Monster stowage inventory running low. Starting #2 Monster Pump, filling #4 Monster tank, via #2a Demonizer.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2016, 09:15:40 am »

Y'know what, we don't even really need the morse code right now since we're this close. Let's just head over and talk to the Comet's crew, which will also be a good show of disinterest towards the curious elephant-thing. While we're at it, why don't we see if we can raise the ASU on our radio and report what went down? I don't think our other crew knows we just nailed the Comet and eliminated one team. This'll also give us a chance to hear what happened with the Greyhound's crew so we can tell the Comet's crew, in case they don't know yet (since they emphasized that their cellphones don't work and didn't wait for their friends to come tow them out).

Let's not spend too long in the open, though. We don't want to be sitting ducks in case the other team shows up.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:17:43 am by Xvareon »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2016, 04:31:38 pm »

"Yeah."

Scratch that. Stay and attempt to put out the fire.

The Greyhound [d6: 3] has fire prevention equipment, designed to be non-toxic and not too obtrusive for use in enclosed spaces. The extinguisher isn't designed to put out a large fire (Difficulty +1). [d6: 5] Jeremy takes the extinguisher and targets the base of the grass fire, and the sticky dry chemical is able to snuff out the flame decently well. The aroma is rather sweet, almost... pleasant.

Y'know what, we don't even really need the morse code right now since we're this close. Let's just head over and talk to the Comet's crew, which will also be a good show of disinterest towards the curious elephant-thing. While we're at it, why don't we see if we can raise the ASU on our radio and report what went down? I don't think our other crew knows we just nailed the Comet and eliminated one team. This'll also give us a chance to hear what happened with the Greyhound's crew so we can tell the Comet's crew, in case they don't know yet (since they emphasized that their cellphones don't work and didn't wait for their friends to come tow them out).

Let's not spend too long in the open, though. We don't want to be sitting ducks in case the other team shows up.

[d6: 5] Indeed you were right, the elephant-thing storms off huffing and puffing, perhaps in a display of anger. It seems to understand your cues quite well despite being an alien lifeform.

The Comet commander steps off and yells over the Hellcat's engine.
"'Ey, so I'm sure you guys saw the other tank in the... in the mud over there... right? The other crew... they left it... they left it there because they got stuck in a... the mud! Could you turn that damn engine off for a moment!?"
As the noise dies down, he continues.
"We noticed that cellphones don't work out here, outside the city. Our tank radios do work, though, but the girls didn't want to sit there stuck in mud all day, so they told us they were going to head back to base through the swamp. Just wanted to let you guys know."

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2016, 04:52:39 pm »

... ... Through the swamp? Oh, crap. Didn't the emergency instructions on the back of our map say not to go on foot into the swamps?

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2016, 04:55:10 pm »

"I think it's likely the Patton will come from the clearing in the north, unless it rolled around the western part of the battlefield to flank squad 2, which just seems like a silly idea. The Sheridan won't be far from it likely, just so that they can cover and recon for each other."

"Once our crew gets back, I propose that we head up to the forest a few kilometers north and make an ambush from there, if we can get in it without getting stuck. It'll let us deal with them quickly and fairly safely."

"Any other ideas?"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:01:28 pm by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2016, 05:00:40 pm »

... ... Through the swamp? Oh, crap. Didn't the emergency instructions on the back of our map say not to go on foot into the swamps?

"It did?"
One of the Comet's crew rushes back into the hatch and grabs the instructions manual, which a seems to be crumpled and folded up.
"Well sweet Saint Mary on the hood of a Mercedes Benz..."

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:03:16 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2016, 06:29:43 pm »

"I'm going to go climb another tree. Get a good look-see around and hope to make a plan. I'll meet you back at the ASU."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2016, 08:28:26 pm »

"Those are my thoughts exactly. An ambush seems like the best option." Proceed with that plan once everything here is settled.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sosoku234

• Bay Watcher
  • Shiny and chrome!
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 19, 2016, 07:07:56 am »

"If you want to. Though you should radio one of our tanks to let them know. And with that, I go find tree."

Go climb a tall tree and scan around for the other squad.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 01:16:42 pm by Sosoku234 »

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 19, 2016, 12:43:46 pm »

"Should we light a flare or something to signal to the instructors that there's a tank here?"
Flares already popped around both of the tanks when we shot them. They should know by now.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 19, 2016, 04:56:42 pm »

Now there's an idea, although I'm not sure if their fuel or most of their parts and tools will work in the ASU. Maybe our Hellcat since that and the Greyhound are both American-made tanks, but they probably use separate engines and might require different oil mixtures or something... I have no idea how tank fuel works. We aren't that low on supplies, anyway.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 19, 2016, 05:19:42 pm »

[-] The fuels at least smell the same. You don't have a hose though. One of those might be a good thing to bring along next time.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 19, 2016, 06:25:59 pm »

Loot other stuff like bullets.
That won't even fit your guns? xD
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14