Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)  (Read 36815 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2016, 03:40:08 pm »

Go to the lobby and provide some top-notch overwatch/meatshielding to Toby while he rests.

fission: mailed
Spoiler: Phillip J. Asshole (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2016, 08:41:55 pm »

Oh yeah. Conditional for the action: make sure I'm not breathing deathgass while I'm at it. it that's not possible in the lobby, take my short rest in a cubicle in the cleared room instead. Northeast corner of the room.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #152 on: July 31, 2016, 01:13:07 pm »

"Damnit. I think I just got a squib load. Fucking hell."

Um...get away from the door, back by the desk. Drop the mag, try and clear the jam. Hope it's not a squib load or a hangfire.

If it's a hangfire, keep the gun pointed towards the noise, hope it goes off soon.

If it's a squib load, I dunno, pray to the gun gods it falls out? Maybe field strip it, find a dowel or something to try and ram the round out.

Spoiler: Grant Miller (click to show/hide)
You fall back into the main lobby and take cover behind the desk. You eject the magazine from your handgun and rack the slide back. The round in the chamber seems to have been poorly made; the metal housing around the actual bullet has blown out, letting the gas expand without actually propelling the bullet. You dig the round out and double check that the barrel is clear before reloading the magazine. You mutter something about the failings of gas propelled rounds and cheaply made synthetic powder.

Spoiler: Ciaphas "HAHA" Cain (click to show/hide)

"Hey, Grant. Let me know if you want put down if you feel yourself changing."

Wait for Big Bad Evil Guy to show his face. Then shoot said face.

You stand with your back against the left wall, pointing your weapon down the hall so as to cover not only the office door but also the other doors in the hall. You keep sweeping the gun back and forth, nervously waiting for something to come barreling out of one of the doors. It seems like that's about the right thing to happen at this point.

Oh yeah. Conditional for the action: make sure I'm not breathing deathgass while I'm at it. it that's not possible in the lobby, take my short rest in a cubicle in the cleared room instead. Northeast corner of the room.
Go to the lobby and provide some top-notch overwatch/meatshielding to Toby while he rests.

fission: mailed
The chlorine gas in the lobby is starting to dissipate but it still doesn't seem like the best place to hang around and take nice deep breaths. So both of you head into the cubicle farm and huddle up in the cubicle in the north east corner of the room.  Toby curls himself up into a ball while Asshole stands over him, drunkenly swaying back and forth and holding the shield out in front of him.

Ciaphas is the only one in the hall to see the thing come in. It comes from the far door, at the end of the hall, and the only warning it gives is a heavy clang of metal a few seconds before the door is blown open. The thing that comes through is a flying mass of red carapace, a rhinoceros beetle in the shape of a man. It's easily 8 feet tall and its huge beating wings fill the hallway as it flies down towards Ciaphas. The sound of wings is deafening, a roaring buzz that everyone on the entire floor can hear. Ciaphas has just enough time to take a shot before the thing crosses the hall. He swings the gun around and, without aiming, fires several times. The bullets hiss past the beetle and punch straight through the left wall.  One armor piercing round burrows straight through the drywall, misses the structural supports and blasts out through the opposite side into the offices. It catches Asshole's shield and skips off it (2 damage to shield). Asshole screams and falls to the ground, waving his shield around shouting a combination of pleas for mercy and violent threats.

The beetleman quickly closes the distance before Ciaphas can get off another shot and channels the momentum of his charge into a punch. He puts a straight punch dead into Ciaphas' chest sends the man flying. He's thrown a good 10 feet and then rolls another 5, coming to rest against the back of the elevator island. (7 damage,  HP 0, str 9, failed str test). Ciaphas lays still, unconscious and breathing in ragged, spasming gasps.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ER: REDUX Exhibition Mission (Falcon punch!)
« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2016, 01:42:31 pm »

"Shit!"

Shit! Reload the AP rounds and take a couple of shots at it. Try to not hit teammates, but stay mobile so I don't get stuck in a corner.

Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2016, 02:55:46 pm »

moar sheld

shled; slheded

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2016, 03:44:29 pm »

Action for chaotic: Stab stab stab.

Action for Toby: continue short rest. I guess get up and head to ward the door to assist the team. Shoot the obviously nonhuman thing that isn't me.

Spoiler: Toby D'Termina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 07:15:45 am by Ozarck »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2016, 08:35:20 pm »

"WHAT IS THAT?!"

Spoiler: chaotic"oh god no" (click to show/hide)
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 01, 2016, 04:52:12 am »

Bleed out.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #158 on: August 01, 2016, 10:41:44 am »

Bleed out.

one damage plz

"Shit!"

Shit! Reload the AP rounds and take a couple of shots at it. Try to not hit teammates, but stay mobile so I don't get stuck in a corner.

Upon hearing a sound like a helicopter delivering an uppercut to a slab of raw beef you run from the lobby, around to the left of the elevators and get eyes on the beetle man. You take aim and fire several times while moving back around the elevators. You hit it several times, Armor piercing rounds drilling straight through its thick carapace and releasing small bursts of bluish ichor. It doesn't even flinch.

moar sheld

shled; slheded
You follow Grant, jogging behind him through the cubicle farm until you reach the exit. Through the doorway you can see a looming red shape taking up most of the hall outside. Grant stops at the doorway but you run in front of him, putting the shield between the two of you and the giant bug man. The thing has arms as thick as your waist and hands like plate mail gauntlets that end in sharp carapace spikes at the tip of the fingers. It's got a single 2 foot long horn on its head as well. You really hope your shield is rated for these kinds of hazards.

"THATS A BIG BUGGY! APPLY THE RAID! AHHHH!"

Action for Toby: continue short rest. I guess get up and head to ward the door to assist the team. Shoot the obviously nonhuman thing that isn't me.

You groan and get back up. Is it too much to ask to just have 15 minutes in which no one is trying to murder you? It seems like it would be very simple if everyone just stopped running into rooms and causing so much noise. But no, they can't join you for a nice rest, they have to keep going. Have to keep inciting the anger of...whatever the hell that thing is. Oh who cares what it is; you know two things about it, first that it is hostile and second that it seems to be at least somewhat vulnerable to bullets, as evidenced by the bleeding bullet holes in its carapace. And that is enough knowledge for you.

You brace your rifle atop Asshole's shield and take a shot at the creature, putting around into its abdomen. It makes a screeching noise, a high pitched hiss and warble like an enraged kettle boiling over.

"WHAT IS THAT?!"

Spoiler: chaotic"oh god no" (click to show/hide)

You snap out of your slightly dazed state and immediately charge the giant beetle man. You take a running leap, a flying thrust forward with all your weight behind the blade, aiming for the creature's back. Your blade strikes true, impacts dead in the center and...stops. The tip sinks about a quarter inch into the creature's heavy shell and then goes no deeper.

The Beetle man, feeling the impact of something hitting him from behind, spins around with a hard flutter of its wings.  It turns on its heel, spinning on its axis,  bringing its fist around with all the centripetal force it can muster. It catches  Chaotic right in the jaw (5 damage 0 hp, 15 str remains.) and sends him staggering backwards. Chaotic spins back a few steps but then stops. He Spits out a tooth and takes up a ready stance.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 01, 2016, 11:36:13 am »

"Keep firing!"

Keep firing. Aim for the head or the abdomen, whichever is an easier target. Same as before, don't hit teammates, only move if it looks like it's coming at me. Otherwise, stay behind Asshole's shield.

((Took one round off for the failed round, and 4 for the several shots. Nevermind.))
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 03:00:25 pm by renegadelobster »
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 01, 2016, 12:26:11 pm »

Another point (This is two rounds of damage; I'm ticking early. If I get stabilized, I'm off by one.). Bleedy fun time.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 01, 2016, 02:08:15 pm »

((Took one round off for the failed round, and 4 for the several shots))
((Only take off one for the burst. One ammo is one attack, regardless of the weapon's fire rate.))
Ammo consumption: Ammo comes in
boxes, sold at the company store. To
save time and book keeping, all guns of
a certain type use the same ammo, and
all guns get 10 shots per box of ammo.
That is to say they get 10 ATTACKS; so a
submachine gun might fire 5 bullets
with every attack, but will attack 10
times with a full box of ammo. Every
time a gun is fired, roll d6. On a roll of
1, the gun must be reloaded (this does
not mean it needs a new box, just that
more bullets from the box are being
added to the gun. The box always has
10 attacks worth of bullets in it), which
takes 1 action.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 02:15:32 pm by Egan_BW »

chaotic skies

• Bay Watcher
  • Vibing in anti-space
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 01, 2016, 02:50:07 pm »

Spoiler: chaotic "ow that hurt" (click to show/hide)

Attempt to stab him again, this time be prepared to duck out of the way in case of attacks, and try to hit his front.
Don't let me start a forum game, smack me with a paper towel roll if needed

Professional Thread Necromancer

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 01, 2016, 02:59:12 pm »

Kneel, so that my legs are covered by the shield. Aim the SMG over the top of the shield, so that my whole body except my arm is covered. Hold down the trigger.

dunno: lol
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:29:02 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 01, 2016, 05:08:59 pm »

Toby takes a battle stim and keeps shooting.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20