Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40876 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Right Honorable Guild of Go F&$# Yourself
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2016, 11:37:30 am »

"Hey, everybody. Take a look at this. My lunch just turned into a map after telling me we should leave.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2016, 11:52:27 am »

"Hey, everybody. Take a look at this. My lunch just turned into a map after telling me we should leave.
"Occupied statement: That is all fine and dandy, but this one doesn't think we can safely transport Korvash yet, not before he's properly stitched up. Can one of you take a peek to see if anyone is approaching this location? We'll make a swift exit if absolutely necessary, but this one would rather not move the patient if this one can help it."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 11, 2016, 12:00:39 pm »

"Very well."

Memorize that map, and then do some guard duty.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 11, 2016, 01:44:23 pm »

((Is Ebony able to act without particular penalty this turn even though she just got up or would their be some kind of penalty? Don't want to risk a bad misfire.))

If there's no penalty, then Bind Wounds Korvash. If the map is in view try to memorize that too.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 08:17:16 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 11, 2016, 05:23:49 pm »

Continue playing what I had been playing. The soothing instrumental piece, that is, not the rousing vocal solo.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 11, 2016, 08:15:07 pm »

Hmm. These humans seem pretty unaware. Does it seem like I could quickly nab the Icon and get out without being noticed?
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2016, 02:17:01 pm »

"Statement: The subject seems to have calmed down, Doctor Legs. We can save him, we have the technology!"

Continue working on Korvash with my mechanical spider, henceforth called "Doctor Legs, M.D."

"Annoyed statement: Ebony, this is no time to take a nap. Wake up and check Fiddler's vitals. Maybe just lightly slap him on the cheek if magic isn't really going well for you right now."
Something in their goes wrong, and you are rewarded with a spray of blood. Korvahs goes still and limp, but you can tell that his heart is still beating.

Fiddler screams for a little while longer, then turns to look around. He calms down soon enough, then is silent for a moment.

"Hahahahah!" he starts to laugh. "Hohohahah! What a trip!"

Get up and get ready to move out if I am able.

"What did I miss? How long was I out?"
You stand unsteadily and look about. You take a step and find yourself three feet further than you expected. You hold up your hand in front of your face and wiggle the fingers, and occasionally one or more of the fingers blurs, making a nice humming sound. Weird. but you are ready to head out.

"Very well."

Memorize that map, and then do some guard duty.
God thing you have that +1 in memory. too bad about the intellect though. You stare at the map for a while, puzzling out the strange squares and lumps and bumps. "Does anyone read trollish?"

((Is Ebony able to act without particular penalty this turn even though she just got up or would their be some kind of penalty? Don't want to risk a bad misfire.))

If there's no penalty, then Bind Wounds Korvash. If the map is in view try to memorize that too.
You cast Bind Wounds, and Korvash' bleeding stops. His innards go inside, and his outards go outside. The stab wound closes, but imperfectly. He opens his eyes, and slowly sits up, wincing in pain. You turn to conemplate the map. Looks simple enough. The target is there, go down three streets, cross the river there, up one street, third warehouse on the left.

((I have been having the *worst* luck this mission))
(I've been nearly killed on the first turn, you have nothing to complain about)

Stay still and focus on staying calm to avoid messing anything up

(I really didnt expect a mad mage to stab me near death through armor. What were the rolls?)
Finally, Ebony is able to knit your guts into something resembling their original form. You sit up and feel a stabbing pain in your stomach. This is going to be a good day, you can tell.

Continue playing what I had been playing. The soothing instrumental piece, that is, not the rousing vocal solo.
"Mellow, everything is melllooooowwwww. the bloodbath is oooooveeeeerrrr r, for nooooowwwwww. All good? everyone? Good? Let's go kill some people."

Hmm. These humans seem pretty unaware. Does it seem like I could quickly nab the Icon and get out without being noticed?
Well sure, if by "quickly nab" you mean "perch on top of." The thing is far too big for you to carry. Perhaps you are along for ... other purposes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2016, 03:55:14 pm »

"Time to stop fucking around and move out, I say."

Head on out. See where we are and where we can go from here. Find a slightly less compromised staging point.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2016, 04:02:51 pm »

Alright. Summon a nice, big... lets say a furry, ferocious demon, right behind where the head hooman is sleeping.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 04:58:27 pm by Egan_BW »
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2016, 04:54:34 pm »

Hey, it looks like we're moving. Let's get moving. Make sure to bring the cart.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2016, 06:14:03 pm »

"Statement: Good work Doctor Legs. Your medical malpractice has gone unnoticed due to the magical healing. That's a succes in this one's book."

Follow Fiddler for now. Keep my eyes peeled for anything dangerous/interesting

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 12, 2016, 07:02:39 pm »

Follow the group being careful not to pull anything in my still healing guts
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 12, 2016, 08:27:26 pm »

"When we get close I'll be able to check for any kind of magical barrier. Might be able to scout or detect traps too, depending on how much time we have."

Follow the group. Was there a range on how close Ebony needs to be for Identify Magic, Shadow Observer, Detect Mundane and Detect Magical traps?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 12, 2016, 09:58:53 pm »

Follow the group.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2016, 09:47:47 pm »

"When we get close I'll be able to check for any kind of magical barrier. Might be able to scout or detect traps too, depending on how much time we have."

Follow the group. Was there a range on how close Ebony needs to be for Identify Magic, Shadow Observer, Detect Mundane and Detect Magical traps?
line of sight at least. Unless you want to try to ram it through some farseeing contraption.

Hey, it looks like we're moving. Let's get moving. Make sure to bring the cart.
You toss Varion's half face into the cart and wheel it outside.

Follow the group being careful not to pull anything in my still healing guts
Guts remain internal for the moment. Ugh. battle's gonna suuuuuuuuck for you.

"Time to stop fucking around and move out, I say."

Head on out. See where we are and where we can go from here. Find a slightly less compromised staging point.
You are along a dirty alley, trash and debris littering the sides. There is enough space for the cart to get through, though it's a bumpy affair, rolling over strewn bits of flotsam and jetsam, the occasional discarded leg, and one very ugly painting of one very ugly noble ... person? You approach the unobstructed end of the alley and peer out. There is a bright glow coming from one street over and two blocks down - probably the temple. You look about, but can't think of a good idea as to where to set up from here.

"Statement: Good work Doctor Legs. Your medical malpractice has gone unnoticed due to the magical healing. That's a succes in this one's book."

Follow Fiddler for now. Keep my eyes peeled for anything dangerous/interesting
Are you even capable of blinking? Nothing catches your eye. not a big deal, since it remains in it's socket, or firmly mounted to it's sprocket, or however it is normally attached to your head.

Alright. Summon a nice, big... lets say a furry, ferocious demon, right behind where the head hooman is sleeping.
okay Leeroy.
rolling ...

CAW

You fel a hard resistance pushing against your magic as you begin to summon, and you caw harder. Suddenly, the resistance snaps, and something else snaps as well. You are flung away from the building by the force of it, flapping your wings madly. You bounce off the roof of the building next door and flop off into the alley, managing to slow your descent in time to land without breaking anything. Your head is pounding, and for a moment, all you can think of is escape. You don't see what happens inside the building at all. Which is unfortunate.

You guys in the main group hear a sound like lightning striking, timber breaking, and the roar of something angry, before more things start breaking. "Yeah, that's coming from the temple, alright."
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32