Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40881 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Right Honorable Guild of Go F&$# Yourself
« Reply #210 on: August 21, 2016, 02:14:36 pm »

Stay out of the priests' line of fire, continue looting if possible.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 22, 2016, 12:47:23 pm »

Korvash goes to the right to flank the priests
Korvahs gets right up to the second set of doors on teh balcony before they fly open. He grabs them and slams them shut in the face of a half dozen surprised men. Well, large sapient beings, anyway. "Shit."

Play the Song of the Crow, hopefully targeting the chanters if I have any control over who it affects.
You play the song, and an ominous aur settles over the room. The chaners seem slightly fazed byt it. You strike a chord including the string of discord, and the sound drowns out the chanters' voices for a moment. They falter, and the wind dies. And then begin again.

Set my staff to absorb divine magic and hold it close to my body, between myself and the chanters.

Then, using the action figure as focus, cast Direct Control on the casters (all three if possible, one at a time if not) and take control of their tongues, making them swallow and choke on them. That should shut them up nicely.

You cast your spell, but you feel a strong resistance, and the chanters continue as if nothing happened.

If there is cover available, move there and then fire the crossbow at one of the chanters. Else, run to the group of Fiddler, Mongo, and Clunkers and use Obscuring Mist.
You step behind the door to the outside and lean out. You fire a bolt, striking the one on the left in the leg. He grunts, clutches his leg, and then rejoins his fellows in their chant. His robes are bloody now.

((Guys, you might want to take cover from the song of the crow. Y'all are closer to Mongo than the priests, and I'm pretty sure it can't be targeted.
GM, please use [tt] for the maps? It makes it so much easier to read.))

Uh, ok. Go find a corner to rest in.
You hop down and scamper off around the corner, still unable to fly with your funny shaped wings.You huddle there for a few minutes behind some garbage while people mill about out in the street, but are chased off by a handful of angry rats. Or maybe possums. You hop and scurry on down the alley.

I think I have had exactly one map go off successfully, without complaint. I think it was the one I typed in notepad and posted in courier font. I'll try that again next time.

Stay out of the priests' line of fire, continue looting if possible.
Well, there is now the commotion up at the other door too, but you head over to the area below the balcony, and begin sweeping things into a sack.

That wind picks up again, throwing small items around and knocking a few candles and such over.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 22, 2016, 12:59:23 pm »

((I've been skipped! The horror! Would the fiddling have done anything?))

"Ebony, ice 'em. Clunkers, do your thing. Mongo, keep at it. Korvash, keep that damn door closed!"
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 01:20:48 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 22, 2016, 01:21:48 pm »

"Statement: My magic is being resisted. It has no effect.
Angered statement: This is most irritating."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 22, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »

"Ah! How about strangulation, then?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 22, 2016, 01:40:30 pm »

"Reply: This one is debating itself wether it would be best to strangle the chanters, or to use its magic to amplify either its own vocal machinery or that of an ally to drown out the chanting."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 22, 2016, 06:08:24 pm »

Clunkers, amplify my voice.
Subtly distract the chanters, by roaring at max volume and charging them. Aim for intimidation more than actual damage, but attack them if I get close enough.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »

"Statement: Understood."

Using the sound of the ticking of my watch/metronome as a focus (The way it keeps going from quiet to loud with each tick should be an adequate focus, yes?), amplify the sound of Mongo's roar.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 22, 2016, 07:14:47 pm »

Open the door and throw the glass flame into the room then quickly close the door then continue charging the chanters aiming to cause damage while Mongo distracts them
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 22, 2016, 10:17:48 pm »

Join the murder party.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 23, 2016, 05:01:13 am »

Complete the flanking maneuver and get the chanters from any side they're not being approached from. Aim for the knees, utilize wrestling techniques to make them buckle.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2016, 09:28:12 am »

Clunkers, amplify my voice.
Subtly distract the chanters, by roaring at max volume and charging them. Aim for intimidation more than actual damage, but attack them if I get close enough.
You get their attention as you charge the stairs. All six eyes turn to you, and one holds up a hand in a "shoo"ing motion. You go tumbling across the room.

"Statement: Understood."

Using the sound of the ticking of my watch/metronome as a focus (The way it keeps going from quiet to loud with each tick should be an adequate focus, yes?), amplify the sound of Mongo's roar.
This proves unfortunately ineffective. the sounds of battle seem to disrupt the rhythm as you try to create the link.

Open the door and throw the glass flame into the room then quickly close the door then continue charging the chanters aiming to cause damage while Mongo distracts them
You step back. The door swings wide, banging on the wall. You chuck glass balls full of fire in the faces of the surprised men rushing through. The fire erupts on them and three of them shriek and start running into the room. You slam the door on the ones behind.You hear alarmed noises from behind the door. You can't rush the chanters this turn, though. Yo ufeel pressure against the door again. You'll have to let the rest through next turn to get to the chanters.

Join the murder party.
I mean, it's murder here, murder there, murder up top, murder down below. You're gonna have to be more specific here. Meanwhile, one of the burning men tumbles over the railing right above you!

Complete the flanking maneuver and get the chanters from any side they're not being approached from. Aim for the knees, utilize wrestling techniques to make them buckle.
((sorry about the missed turn. I can't answer whether it would have helped or not. IC knowledge and all.))

You get to the top of the stairs by Korvash as he chucks fire in the faces of the men coming through the doorway. Creates a bit of an obstacle, you see. At least one guy falls over the railing, but not one of the chanters. Korvash looks like he's having trouble holding the door. A few small flames catch in the carpeting.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2016, 10:50:49 am »

Try a Lightning Arc on the priests.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 24, 2016, 10:56:40 am »

((I'm not posting an action immediately, but I want  to take into account the opinions of anyone who cares: should I use the speed potion right now to try and deal with the chanters?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 24, 2016, 11:04:19 am »

Retreat back toward Ebony and hand her the sling and explosive bullets.

"Try these next. Aim for the eyes. Or their mouths, whichever's easier."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32