Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40870 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: The Right Honorable Guild of Go F&$# Yourself
« Reply #225 on: August 24, 2016, 11:35:42 am »

((Is this intended to be before or after she does the spell? I could edit the action if you think that would work better.))
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 24, 2016, 12:26:04 pm »

Fix the godsdamn wings, motherfucker.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 24, 2016, 05:10:53 pm »

Try to dodge that guy, and run my sword through his chest while he's down. Then find someone who isn't an omega or one of the chanters.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 24, 2016, 06:36:20 pm »

Hold the door closed and look around for something to jam it closed. If one of the dying soldiers dropped their weapon use that

« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 09:00:11 pm by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 24, 2016, 08:43:49 pm »

Since nobody seems to have an objection to it, sip the speed potion and attack the chanters. Try to dodge any attacks from them or my teammates as I do so.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 25, 2016, 06:55:16 am »

Find something fairly heavy, and throw it in one of the chanter's stupid face.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 25, 2016, 07:24:30 am »

Try a Lightning Arc on the priests.
You fire lightning at them. The flash whitens out hte room for a few seconds, leaving an after image on everyone's eyes and a harsh ringing in everyone's ears. Tbhe chanters remain as they were, chanting - well, at least their lips are moving - and with little electrical discharges racing around their limbs and out along the floor, ceiling and walls. that's ... probably not a good sign.

Retreat back toward Ebony and hand her the sling and explosive bullets.

"Try these next. Aim for the eyes. Or their mouths, whichever's easier."
Afterimage burned into your eyes, you stumble through the wind which is whipping through the room, and reach Ebony's side. You hand her the sling. She looks troubled. Maybe a little disconcerted.

Fix the godsdamn wings, motherfucker.
You perch, and begin gnawing on the fur on your arms, tearing chunks of it off a beakful at a time. It tastes like smoke, ash, and hatred, and dissolves in your beak, bringing an acrid stench to the air around you, and a cloud of reddish black.. After a while, you begin getting feathers along with the fur. Finally, you are able to stretch the wings out properly to the side instead of that weird forward and backward motion they were doing before. A few test flaps suggest they are in working order.

Hold the door closed and look around for something to jam it closed. If one of the dying soldiers dropped their weapon use that
Try as you might, the door bursts open, flinging you aside. You take your second sword to the gut in this mission. Your armor takes most of the blow, but you are stunned, and drop in pain.

Try to dodge that guy, and run my sword through his chest while he's down. Then find someone who isn't an omega or one of the chanters.
You jump to the side, and the fellow drops head first to the floor. You yell "hold still, bacon!" and stab him through the back. He doesn't move, just continues crisping up nice and delicious like. "Oh bacon, if only I had time ... " You lament as you head up the right side stairway to where Korvash is fighting for his life.

Since nobody seems to have an objection to it, sip the speed potion and attack the chanters. Try to dodge any attacks from them or my teammates as I do so.
Only one portion? Not both? Aww, I wanted to see what happened to you for that. Oh well. You take a drink of the potion. It tastes like moonshine cut with tar and motor oil. It feels like fire, mixed with commercials for energy drinks, one after another, blasted straight past your eyeholes into your brainhole. Everything is moving super fast, and super slow at the same time. You attempt to stand, to concentrate, and to move toward the enemy, but you find yourself on the carpet, face down and twitching.

Find something fairly heavy, and throw it in one of the chanter's stupid face.
You grab one of the chairs from the storage room and chuck it up at the chanters. It ricochet's off the wall, shattering in the process, and causing the chanter on the left to flinch and step out of position a little.

The wind, which was rising dramatically, picking shit up and throwing it about, falters a bit. That lightning dancing about the chanters is still troubling, however.

I'm betting on a thread name change tomorrow.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 25, 2016, 07:32:37 am »

"Gah, fuck! Shoot one in the face as we move out, Ebony, I'll use the sling on second thought. Say, you ever considered lightning rod crossbow ammo?"

"Everyone else, get the fuck back, let their meat get into the collateral damage area at least."

See if I can manage to get one of the chanters with an explosive bullet while I retreat back toward the entrance. This may be a time for precision, but it's also a time for concentrated fire.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2016, 07:41:52 am »

Try to assess how badly I'm hurt. If I'm mostly fine, try to make sure everyone else gets out of the room before I flee. If I'm seriously wounded, just try to get out of the room.
If I'm at all able to fight, stumble my way over to Korvash and try to help him. If not, try to crawl away to "safety".
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 07:45:48 pm by AkumaKasai »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 25, 2016, 06:37:15 pm »

Activate Turtle style defense AKA crawl backwards while holding the shield in front of me

Little help here guys
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 25, 2016, 07:04:55 pm »

Put my staff on either divine or electrical absorbion, depending on wether it absorbs according to source of magic or magical effect (we never really stated which one it was.). Then holding the staff in front of my with one hand like a lightning rod, throw something relatively heavy from my vicinity with my other hand at one of the chanters using robot computing to calculate the trajectory.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 08:36:26 pm by Pancaek »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 25, 2016, 11:01:36 pm »

when I've found a day to die
when I've got no haven
I'll call upon my kindred spirit
my good friend the raven
she'll alight upon my weary head
and pry from my rotting skull
a great and ancient cry
so wretched and so lovely
it'll wake up all the dead
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 25, 2016, 11:05:43 pm »

Help Korvash by trying to kill any zealots who get too close.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 26, 2016, 01:26:17 am »

when I've got no haven
my good friend the raven
a great and ancient cry

((Well that isn't ominous at all))
My Sig

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 26, 2016, 07:42:10 am »

"Gah, fuck! Shoot one in the face as we move out, Ebony, I'll use the sling on second thought. Say, you ever considered lightning rod crossbow ammo?"

"Everyone else, get the fuck back, let their meat get into the collateral damage area at least."

See if I can manage to get one of the chanters with an explosive bullet while I retreat back toward the entrance. This may be a time for precision, but it's also a time for concentrated fire.
You fire into the wind, and instantly regret the choice, as the bullet flies forward, gets caught up in the twirling debris, and gets sent right back at you. You duck, and Ebony dives for cover outside, slamming the door closed just in time. The bullet explodes on the inside of the door, denting the metal outward. The door sits kinda awkwardly in it's track now. Gonna be tough to move. At least you are outside though. You'd sure hate to be the half of the party that's inside there right now.

Try to assess how badly I'm hurt. If I'm mostly fine, try to make sure everyone else gets out of the room before I flee. If I'm seriously wounded, just try to get out of the room.
If I'm at all able to fight, stumble my way over to Korvash and try to help him. If not, try to crawl away to "safety".

Bad news, bear. The door just exploded, sealing you in. You do manage to crawl into the side room, and push the door closed a little. Not like that's gonna stop the enemy for long, but maybe, if you have enough time to recover ...

Activate Turtle style defense AKA crawl backwards while holding the shield in front of me

Little help here guys
(1) aaaand you fall through the broken railing. (4) at least you land flat, with a dull whump, and have the wind knocked out of you, rather than, you know, dying immediately.

Put my staff on either divine or electrical absorbion, depending on wether it absorbs according to source of magic or magical effect (we never really stated which one it was.). Then holding the staff in front of my with one hand like a lightning rod, throw something relatively heavy from my vicinity with my other hand at one of the chanters using robot computing to calculate the trajectory.
We'll say electric, since "divine" depends on the divinity in question, more than being a specific type of magic. Some of the gizmos on the staff begin to whirl. that's a good sign, right? You grab a marble table, icking one of the legs off it. You hold the leg up, calculate, wait for a moment when the wind is in your favor, and hurl the leg along an arc defined by the whirlwind and some fun maths and stuff. You strike one of the chanters in the face, and he falls backward, head wobbling and hands splayed, looking for support. he finds the wall and drops to his ass. He's out of the chant, but it doesn't look mortal.

Help Korvash by trying to kill any zealots who get too close.
You rush the zealots, four of which come through the door. You lose your grip on your weapon as two of them stab you in the limbs and one stabs you through the chest. "I've had worse" You gurgle, as you die.

when I've got no haven
my good friend the raven
a great and ancient cry

Meh heh. Eh heh heh. AhahahahahahahAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

Caw