Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40874 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Reap the Whirlwind
« Reply #270 on: August 28, 2016, 09:39:20 pm »

Allright, new plan. Using the metronome as a focus (the way the little bar/hand ticks and tocks and the way the wind bends around it) aided by some robut computing, attempt to use clockwork magic to influence the mechanics of the wind/hurricane that's blowing to make it blow the debris it's picking up back towards the chanters.

Also check on how much my staff is charged by now.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 28, 2016, 09:56:08 pm »

(('Scuse me, Ozark For clarification, Ebony's regained her footing, right?))
Yeah.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 28, 2016, 09:59:11 pm »

Well then. Time to get the hell away from the building so I don't get blown up then.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 28, 2016, 10:45:33 pm »

Take another step, do some leg slashes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 29, 2016, 08:39:50 am »

Take another step, do some leg slashes.
You seem to have missed the fact that Solam is airborne. I worded it a little oddly, so that's understandable. Still, that doesn't stop Solam from attacking. Oh, and his mind clears this round as well. Aaaaand Solam calmly reaches out of the storm and slices the head clean off one of the chanters. the debris hardly inhibits him at all. Zombnado is a huge success. You make one more rotation before being chucked out of the whirlwind back up on the balcony, which now has one standing chanter, and one zombie zealot, which, like yourself, is advancing on the chanter with a look of pure, mindless automation on it's face. it's movements are beginning to stutter and halt though.

Allright, new plan. Using the metronome as a focus (the way the little bar/hand ticks and tocks and the way the wind bends around it) aided by some robut computing, attempt to use clockwork magic to influence the mechanics of the wind/hurricane that's blowing to make it blow the debris it's picking up back towards the chanters.

Also check on how much my staff is charged by now.

Well, the staff is in a state of equilibrium, taking in and redirecting the storm energy, so it isn't actually charging off that. The lightning gyro holds enough for a shot though. But you remember all to well how that turned out for Ebony. Your attempt to direct the wind is marginally successful, sending debris away from yourslef and reducing the volume of thestorm by a bit. It's hard to see what is happening on that side of the balcony though.

Keep moving along the wall to Mongo's room using the shield to protect myself from the storm

((I really doubt I will be getting out of this alive)
You inch your way around the wall, and just as you get to the door, something heavy slams you against the wall pretty hard. Your head rings like a bell and your vision goes dark for a moment. It hurts too much for you to believe you are dead yet.  You barely manage to collapse into the room and kick the door closed, gasping, laying on your side, staring into Mongo's vacant eyes.

Okay then! Climb down from the building and move the cart a slight distance away. Then see if I can't start the detonation with my sling and explosive bullets, or perhaps just lobbing an impact bomb like a shot put into the wall.
Well then. Time to get the hell away from the building so I don't get blown up then.
Ebony and Fiddler back up against the outer wall of hte courtyard and get ready to fire. Tehn, realizing their situation, being directly in front of the blast zone, tey move off toward the front of the temple. A bell sounds in the distance. Sounds like a city alert. Fiddler fires an explosive bullet, but it fails to detonate the bombs, so he throws a bomb, which dislodges a small handful of the bombs from the lower level to explode rather harmlessly on the ground. "Where's the kaboom? there was supposed to be an earth shaking Kaboom!"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 29, 2016, 08:54:53 am »

"Well, that's pretty shit. Ebony, try crossbowing one. Oh, or send some lightning through them! Stone is conductive, right?"

If that doesn't work, replant the bombs lost in the first explosion.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 29, 2016, 09:00:43 am »

"I don't think that stone is conductive, unless there's something special about this specific stone, and I'm not certain a basic crossbow bolt would ignite them."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 29, 2016, 09:15:04 am »

"Nonsense, it's stone. There's a reason they call that thing you're not supposed to be when wizards are about 'grounded'. Not so sure about brick, of course, but if you've got a better idea I'd be all right if you tried that."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 29, 2016, 03:47:07 pm »

Try again to redirect the wind towards the chanters.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 29, 2016, 07:07:25 pm »

Mongo, Oh hell

You were one of the best mate I'll raise a glass in your honor

Take a minute to catch my breath and to wrap the sword so it doesn't move and cause more damage.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 29, 2016, 07:11:17 pm »

Ebony sighs. She's no scientist, maybe Fiddler's right.

Shoot the explosives once with a crossbow bolt. If it doesn't work, try a Lightning Arc.
Sigtext!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 29, 2016, 07:21:44 pm »

Better stab that chanter while I still can.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 29, 2016, 08:29:32 pm »

Ebony sighs. She's no scientist, maybe Fiddler's right.

Shoot the explosives once with a crossbow bolt. If it doesn't work, try a Lightning Arc.
(2) (1). The bolt goes wide, and you miscast the lightning. it fizzles. Believe me, i want this to succeed as much as you guys. RNJesus don't give a fuck.

"Well, that's pretty shit. Ebony, try crossbowing one. Oh, or send some lightning through them! Stone is conductive, right?"

If that doesn't work, replant the bombs lost in the first explosion.
You look incredulously at your partner for a moment, then shrug and plant new bombs in the holes in your formation. "Come on, universe, it's like the gods don't want us to destroy this sacred site and steal the holy relic, while killing the saints. What's that all about?"

Try again to redirect the wind towards the chanters.
(2) man, you'd be a great wizard, if the universe didn't hate you so much.

Mongo, Oh hell

You were one of the best mate I'll raise a glass in your honor

Take a minute to catch my breath and to wrap the sword so it doesn't move and cause more damage.
Your breath comes a little easier now, and you get your sword tucked away. Your head feels like it's being squeezed repeatedly by an angry stone golem. You feel around your head to make sure that isn't actually the case. it hurts like hell when you touch it.

Better stab that chanter while I still can.
Yo uswing your sword, but he dodges. Fortunately he dodges into the other zombie, who guts him, crumpling to the floor at the same time the chanter does.

the wind in the room dies down. It gets eerily quiet.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 29, 2016, 08:44:11 pm »

Exit the room and head outside to the cart. Hopefully the others can patch me up again
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 30, 2016, 03:55:24 am »

"Huh. Well."

Break out the fiddle for moral support to get Ebony to hit the damn thing with lightning already, geez. NOTE: MAKE SURE I AM OUTSIDE THE BLAST RADIUS.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 06:07:28 am by Harry Baldman »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 32