Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40884 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Reap the Whirlwind
« Reply #315 on: September 04, 2016, 01:26:00 pm »

Fiddler nods to the back, speaking in a low voice so as the fuzz don't hear the thing.

"Bigjobs get the idol. Korvash, Solam, that's you. Clunkers, Ebony, follow my lead. We're gonna bring the house down on the fuckers."

He then turns to the police.

"Eh? What? We're makin' a rescue effort here! What's the bloody issue? There's people buried in here, dontcha know!"

Delay the police for the moment. Get back a bit and hand Ebony the sling and explosive ammo.

Also, did I harvest ingredients from the dead guy (looks like the leader fella, seeing as he's in bedclothes, so where exactly does divinity hide - ears, tongue, sweetbreads, testicles, the idea was to grab as many as I could)? Or did I at least get some junk from his pockets?

You didn't quite have time to get started on the harvesting before the fuzz showed up. Probably for the best, as, holding a pair of bloody ears and a sack of nuts while trying to convince the city watch that you have a good reason to be at an exploding temple in the middle of the night, with weapons and dead people all over, miiiiight not go that well. as is ... "What's the issue? The weapons, and all the dead people in the mess out here, that's the issue. drop your weapons, stop what you are doing, all of you, and come with us." these guards are starting to advance into the room, weapons out. They are being cautious.

Clunkers walks up next to Fiddler in a slightly more robotic, jerky way than usual.

"Statement: Rescue bot 6000 has analyzed the building. Structural integrity is at a critical level, currently at thirty, one, percent.
Reccomendation: This one's parameters indicate that the local constabulary should cordon off the area in case the building collapses so that no further injuries occur. Please keep civilians at a safe distance. Rescue bot 6000 and the other professionals of the rescue team will scour the building for survivors."

Say above. Release my two bee bots and have them fly through the rest of the building, looking for the idol, the leader and other hostiles, in order of importance.
does anyone remember what the idol looked like? I forget if any of you made a point to know that. Anyway, the bots locate point out as idols: the statue you are digging up, the statuette in the alcove, several statuettes in the bags already loaded onto the cart, and a few odd looking pieces of equipment. they report no other hostiles but those before you, and several more in the foyer, armed and ready for trouble. Your claim to be a rescue bot makes hte guards pause for a moment, but, upon looking more closely at you, they seem unconvinced. "A mechanical. Bring the stunners."

Korvash

This place could go at any time be careful what you move

Unearth the idol moving the beams and stuff to attempt to prob up the roof
Well, your atempts have two results, one good and one bad. the good result is that the entire guard force moves back hurriedly to the entrance. But, that's in reaction to the bad result: (1)the ceiling falls in on you. (1) and you die, buried under the rubble alongside the statue that everyone is more and more convinced is the idol you are here to take.

The ceiling crashing causes the floor beneath everyone's feet to shift as well, throwing Clunkers and Fiddler off balance while they are attempting to convince the guards that this very murderous looking lot is innocent and helpful. on the bright side, everyone in the room is completely obscured by the dust from the collapse.

Continue removing the debris, as safely as possible.
(5) you manage to avoid Korvash' fate by being in the right place at the right time, as the ceiling comes down. You sidestep a flow of debris, grab hold of the edge of the ceiling, and vault up onto the sloping third floor. Dust billows up thick and dark, filling the room below. You spy an exit in hte back corner of hte temple - what looks like a private staircase for hte priests.

"You must've heard the explosion, and the crater's right here. We're lucky it's not fallen down *already*."

Say this, take sling and ammo.
You take the sling and ammo, but you don't get a chance at the saying, as the room begins to fall apart behind you guys.

If you've only read your part above, this gives the whole picture
To recap:
Fiddler, Ebony and Clunkers attempt to bluf the guards, stalling them. this fails for a variety of reasons.
Korvash and Solam continue to work on the rubble, unfortunately stopping short as the pile collapses - killing Korvash (sorry).
Solam finds himself on the third floor, in position to flee, possibly unseen, if necessary.
The idol - that bronze, copper, gold and wood statue, bolted to the altar - is now buried deep under the rubble. retrieving it now is going to be a nightmare.
The guards retreat, and the room is filled with dust.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 04, 2016, 01:32:07 pm »

"Oh hey, time for plan B. Everyone, to the third floor."

Let's quit fucking around and get to the third floor.

The Holy Symbol of Katha. It is a copper, bronze, gold, and wooden icon, abut three feet tall, two wide, and a foot and a half or so deep. It has three arms, and a wide basin on the top for fire. it is likely to be mounted firmly to the altar in the center of the shrine.

That's what the goddamn idol looks like. Did anyone see it on this floor or at least its corresponding architectural elements? Ask. And can I get to the third floor from here?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 01:35:18 pm by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 04, 2016, 01:36:43 pm »

((If we're all obscured by the dust, I could try to change Clunker's voice to something angelic and try to impersonate the temple's deity? Maybe?))

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 04, 2016, 03:08:58 pm »

Help my teammates get up here.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 04, 2016, 03:10:18 pm »

((If we're all obscured by the dust, I could try to change Clunker's voice to something angelic and try to impersonate the temple's deity? Maybe?))

((Couldn't hurt to try?))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 04, 2016, 03:37:00 pm »

((Might as well, I suppose.))

Clunkers vocal components whirr and buzz for a moment, changing his voice to something angelic and amping up the volume, adding some reverb for added effect.

"HALT, MEN OF JUSTICE. THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS TOWER IS MY DIVINE PUNISHMENT FOR THESE HERETICS. THEY ATTEMPTED TO BIND MY DIVINE BEING TO AN IDOL. AND FOR THAT TRANSGRESSION, I HAVE BROUGHT DEATH AND DESTRUCTION TO THEM. THESE MEN ARE HERE ON A DIVINE MISSION TO RECLAIM THE FALSE IDOL AND BRING IT TO A HOLY PLACE, THAT I MIGHT BECOME WHOLE AGAIN. RAISE YOUR HANDS AT THEM, AND YOU WILL BE PUNISHED JUST LIKE THE HERETICS. BE WARNED!"

Rearrange vocal cords to something loud and angelic and shout the above out of the mist. Then skedaddle to the third floor with my comrades.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin
« Reply #321 on: September 04, 2016, 06:49:54 pm »

(FUCK I wanted to live through this mission)
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 04, 2016, 09:08:09 pm »

((Ebony has a +1 to Memory, so she could probably remember what the idol they're looking for looks like, right?. This is not an action, just seeing if she can remember that or if she should be limited to guesses.))

First and most important: The Holy Symbol of Katha. It is a copper, bronze, gold, and wooden icon, abut three feet tall, two wide, and a foot and a half or so deep. It has three arms, and a wide basin on the top for fire. it is likely to be mounted firmly to the altar in the center of the shrine.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:09:41 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 05, 2016, 06:34:26 am »

The idol - that bronze, copper, gold and wood statue, bolted to the altar - is now buried deep under the rubble. retrieving it now is going to be a nightmare.

Yes, you all now are reasonably confident that the statue you were trying to dig out of the ruins is the idol.

I'll update whe nEbony actually takes an action.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2016, 07:17:04 am »

Head up to the third floor, then
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 05, 2016, 08:11:06 am »

Help my teammates get up here.
"Oh hey, time for plan B. Everyone, to the third floor."

Let's quit fucking around and get to the third floor.

The Holy Symbol of Katha. It is a copper, bronze, gold, and wooden icon, abut three feet tall, two wide, and a foot and a half or so deep. It has three arms, and a wide basin on the top for fire. it is likely to be mounted firmly to the altar in the center of the shrine.

That's what the goddamn idol looks like. Did anyone see it on this floor or at least its corresponding architectural elements? Ask. And can I get to the third floor from here?
Definitely the thing that is buried under the rubble. gonna take some time to dig out, by mundane means.
Head up to the third floor, then
Solam quickly hoists Ebony and Fiddler up to the third floor while Clunkers makes a last go at scaring the guards off.

((Might as well, I suppose.))

Clunkers vocal components whirr and buzz for a moment, changing his voice to something angelic and amping up the volume, adding some reverb for added effect.

"HALT, MEN OF JUSTICE. THE DESTRUCTION OF THIS TOWER IS MY DIVINE PUNISHMENT FOR THESE HERETICS. THEY ATTEMPTED TO BIND MY DIVINE BEING TO AN IDOL. AND FOR THAT TRANSGRESSION, I HAVE BROUGHT DEATH AND DESTRUCTION TO THEM. THESE MEN ARE HERE ON A DIVINE MISSION TO RECLAIM THE FALSE IDOL AND BRING IT TO A HOLY PLACE, THAT I MIGHT BECOME WHOLE AGAIN. RAISE YOUR HANDS AT THEM, AND YOU WILL BE PUNISHED JUST LIKE THE HERETICS. BE WARNED!"

Rearrange vocal cords to something loud and angelic and shout the above out of the mist. Then skedaddle to the third floor with my comrades.
You shout that litany at the guards. Your voice rings out a tad hollow though, as if something is off a bit, and you doubt that it quite portrayed the image you wished it to portray. You turn to climb up to leave with your team. A figure stands in the dust before you. it glows yellow, but flickers with blue, as of lightning scattering from it, racing across the surfaces it touches. It bends to examine something in the corner - the dead priest, probably, and it's attention turns momentarily to the rubble pile before turning to you. You stand frozen in it's presence. "YOU SPEAK MORE THAN YOU KNOW, AND LESS THAN THE TRUTH. GIVE ACCOUNT, FOR JUSTICE WILL BE METE."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #326 on: September 05, 2016, 09:15:40 am »

"Huh. Bit late, isn't it?"

"Anyway, you lot, come with me. Hopefully Clunkers distracts the damn thing."

Check the third floor. Anything worth stealing, or people who need finishing off? Seems like the sort of bollocks that'd need a summoner on hand.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 05, 2016, 05:53:10 pm »

((I'm aware this is a horrible idea, but if I were Clunkers I'd have a very difficult time resisting the urge to correct the God's grammar.))
What? the entity's grammar is spotless. What are you talking about? Also, who says it's a god?

I mean, it might be. Maybe. maybe not.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 06:00:54 pm by Ozarck »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 06, 2016, 09:47:10 am »

Clunkers buzzes and whirrs for a second. He then gives a small bow to the being. He speaks fast, though clearly.

"Statement of compliance: Understood, this one will give a sumary of what happened. This one will answer as truthful as it is possible. This one functions to serve. This one's official designation is Unit 02: Clunkers.
Statement of regret: This one is unable to provide complete details. This one and its compatriots are under a powerful geas, making them unable to divulge certain information, on punishment of death. Please understand.

Summary: This one and its compatriots arrived in this town with a cart of supplies. This one and its compatriots wanted to acquire the idol in question. This one and its compatriots also wanted to cease the functioning of the leader of this tower, as well as destroy pretty much everything inside. However, the only goal that this one truly watned to complete was the acquiring of the idol, everything else was secondary, because.

Upon getting to the tower, this ones compatriots disabled the guards at the entrance. At that time something must have happened inside of the tower, resulting in a hole in the wall several floors up and two entities crashing towards the pavement, though this one knows nothing more about it. Once inside, several organics accosted us, and battle ensued. About three organics used chanting to summon up a whirlwind. This one used it's staff to create a safe space and threw table legs at the chanters. This did not prove particularely effective. After the whirlwind died down, this ones idea was to grab the idol. However, at that point part of the wall exploded violently. This one believes this is the result of explosives, placed by a couple of this one's compatriots who got stuck outside. As a result, part of the tower structure collapsed.

During all of this, several of this one's compatriots ceased functioning as well. Unfortunately, due to them being organic, repairs and reboots are off the table. Then the local constabulary arrived, threatening violence. This one attempted to bluff by trying to imitate the deity of this tower to scare the constabulary away, which failed. Then the one standing before this one asked for a summary of events. Thus, we come full circle.

Statement of regret: This one realizes that this ones summary lacks a certain depth, and is also missing certain information. This is because this one has omitted both superfluous details, and information that falls under the geas. This one apologizes for this fact.

Query: Is there anything else this one may have forgotten to mention that the one standing before this one wishes to know? This one is more than willing to divulge any information that is required of this one, barring the information that falls under the geas, regardless of the fact that the local constabulary is making its way over to kill this one as we speak."

Clunkers bows again, waiting for further instructions.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 32