Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?  (Read 40878 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Rubble and Ruin. DEUS EX?
« Reply #345 on: September 09, 2016, 03:37:10 pm »

Meet up with Clunkers, bringing Solam as well.

"I've got a spell that could help with the scouting, if you need the help."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 09, 2016, 03:55:44 pm »

I thought it was me we were waiting on, but it is harry and twinwolf. oops.

((Whoops, I thought I did post an action.))

"Let's just get the thing out through the back. Hang on, we should have a grappling hook somewhere."

"We also ought to see if we can dispose of the corpses of our ex-comrades. Maybe lob some explosives into the foyer."

Keep my voice down as I relay the things we gotta do.

See if I can get the grappling hook and rope from the cart reasonably safely, then get the hook onto the side of the building. Use the rope to help people get down along the back.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 10, 2016, 04:51:50 pm »

Oh. Try gaining control of my body again, then.
You struggle to regain some semblance of control, but at best you can twitch your eyelid. Don't feel too bad, you're kinda like the Man in Black before the castle raid. You wonder idly why this keeps happening to you.

Meet up with Clunkers, bringing Solam as well.

"I've got a spell that could help with the scouting, if you need the help."
you lead Solam about by the hand. He is sluggish, but cooperative. You tell everyone to go easy on him, as he's been mostly dead all day.

"Statement: Greeting again, fiddler organic. This one has found the idol, as you can see. Also, this one has scouted out the surroundings. The constables are still in the  foyer, staying well the hell away from the doors to the nave. The rubble pile is unstable and will be difficult to get down. This one believes going up and out through the back would be best.

Request: If we do go up, this one will need some help getting the idol there. This one is able to lift it alone, but only just."

get the idol upstairs and out the back with the help of fiddler if possible, and scout out our escape route at the back with the bees.
I thought it was me we were waiting on, but it is harry and twinwolf. oops.

((Whoops, I thought I did post an action.))

"Let's just get the thing out through the back. Hang on, we should have a grappling hook somewhere."

"We also ought to see if we can dispose of the corpses of our ex-comrades. Maybe lob some explosives into the foyer."

Keep my voice down as I relay the things we gotta do.

See if I can get the grappling hook and rope from the cart reasonably safely, then get the hook onto the side of the building. Use the rope to help people get down along the back.

the two of you hoist the idol up the ruined floor. it tilts over and lands with a thud. Ebony helps drag it alongthe floor up tehre until it is in no danger ouf sliding back down.

The cart is out by where the guards are, round front. you don't know if they've spotted it yet, as it was tucked into that alcove, but looting it now would be pretty risky. as it is, you have no need for ropes and hooks, as there is a small, narrow stairwell at the back, on the outside of the wall. it's an access for the priests to easily come and go while avoiding the crowds, after all. At the bottom of the stairs is a narrow alley, clean and with several painted doors along the wall opposite the temple. The alley turns away from the temple, disappearing out of your view a few dozen yards down.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 10, 2016, 05:02:32 pm »

"Whispered statement: Okay, this back entrance seems promising. Who knows where we're supposed to go? This one's drones can scout ahead so we might avoid patrols and make a quick getaway."

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 10, 2016, 08:22:14 pm »

Well, at least I don't have that persistent itch that occurs whenever you can't scratch  your face.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: September 11, 2016, 08:58:43 am »

((How'd the cart get to the front? I thought we specifically moved it to the back.))

"It's either the back exit or going through Ogre Team. I think we'll take the back, thanks. Scout ahead, and we try and kill anything that stands in the way. Ebony, detect traps."

Onward and out through the back, that's the way we exfiltrate!

EDIT: Oh, and do help with carrying the idol.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:11:06 am by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 11, 2016, 09:04:11 am »

"Statement: Understood.
Query: Where is our extraction point, anyway?"

Go out the back towards our extraction point. Make sure to grab the idol with me. Use bees to scout ahead so we can detour to avoid the constabulary if needed.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 11, 2016, 09:13:34 am »

"Right. I saw the map to the extraction point, by the way. I'll try to help with that."

Ebony uses Detect Magical Traps as she follows the others. If possible, also use Detect Mundane Traps.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 11, 2016, 06:35:44 pm »

Well, at least I don't have that persistent itch that occurs whenever you can't scratch  your face.
yeah, you left that behind with that blue stuff.

((How'd the cart get to the front? I thought we specifically moved it to the back.))

"It's either the back exit or going through Ogre Team. I think we'll take the back, thanks. Scout ahead, and we try and kill anything that stands in the way. Ebony, detect traps."

Onward and out through the back, that's the way we exfiltrate!

EDIT: Oh, and do help with carrying the idol.

I might have forgotten about you moving the cart to he back. That being the case, it's rather buried under the rubble, upended, with most of the loot scattered across the courtyard on that side. I'll allow a couple grappling hooks and a couple bags to the team.

"Statement: Understood.
Query: Where is our extraction point, anyway?"

Go out the back towards our extraction point. Make sure to grab the idol with me. Use bees to scout ahead so we can detour to avoid the constabulary if needed.
The first thing the bees notice is that, upon turning the corner ahead, they enter a very short, covered hallway which is narrower than the one you are in. this hallway ends in a gated fence, which leads out into a rather normal street -one that now contains several sleepy looking onlookers in their nightclothes and boots, staring at the sky above the temple, and talking about fire.

you guys get teh idol up to the corner without problem, though the thing is awkward and cumbersome.

"Right. I saw the map to the extraction point, by the way. I'll try to help with that."

Ebony uses Detect Magical Traps as she follows the others. If possible, also use Detect Mundane Traps.
Ebony gets a faint sense of a minor magical trap somewhere off to the right. As for mundane traps, the lock on the fence ahead glows ever so faintly in her mage sight.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 11, 2016, 06:37:59 pm »

"There's some magical trap to the right. Shouldn't be in our way. There's a more normal trap on the lock I think, but I can't tell what it is specifically." Ebony reports.
Sigtext!

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 11, 2016, 06:54:13 pm »

Either regain control of my body, or try to borrow Korvash's. If I gain access to an arm or two, do my best to recreate the map.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: September 12, 2016, 04:36:44 am »

"Figure out what the trap is. Ain't safe to have one around without knowing what it is. And Clunkers, you can stop hearts, right?"

Keep an eye out.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: September 12, 2016, 06:59:02 am »

"reply: This one theoretically is able to do so, yes."

Have the bees be my eyes in the sky, circling overhead to alert me of any incoming police.

Use robot computing to figure out what that magical trap is about
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 07:45:51 am by Pancaek »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: September 12, 2016, 07:36:38 am »

"I can deal with it unless my magic decides to fizzle."

Disarm Mundane Trap on the lock
Sigtext!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: September 12, 2016, 07:40:13 am »

"Don't forget the magical trap either. I doubt these assholes left a trap you can't accidentally step into in their precious temple."
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 32