Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 154518 times)

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #180 on: September 30, 2016, 02:24:27 pm »

Guys, there's a Goblin at the Doorway.

And if you squint hard enough, you might be able to 'miss' the Akras Logo on his.. uh, clothing.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 30, 2016, 02:36:08 pm »

Spoiler: Reserti Refertiti (click to show/hide)

Final sheet. Unless there's any objections, I'll jump straight in with reactions to the processing. I'd imagine my birds would be taken into care until mission time?
((Remove the skills you 'suggested' as racial skills. Elves have an Absolutely Massive discount on magic and as a result Do Not Have Racial Skills. It seems a tad gamey that you suggested skills and then Immediately went and made a character to exploit that.))

((Illusion does not enable teleportation. It enables making a Perception of teleportation but no actual teleportatiom. That falls under Gravomancy, Various extraplaniar transit abilities (Such as Stygian or Astral Paths, and so on)

((Elves would not have access to a potentially sapient biohazard. The Kelpie is functionally the alpha predator if it's in a nonmagical human village. Not so much in a primarily magical elven village. Why would it want to be with elves?. If anything it's more likely for Gaian Humans to have access to the Kelpies. And even then, it's less human choosing mount and more mount choosing human. Humans are after all. Good at making deals and domesticating shit.))

Spoiler: Ratodx Tamoren (click to show/hide)

Well that took a fair bit longer than I'd expected or hoped. Assuming that everything is in order I'll have my reactions below.

For Non-Terran, it doesn't matter if you're a human or not, they don't care. You're all Gaian in Akras's eyes, and that means that the orientation guys makes it very clear that you must not fuck with the company. Do not steal from the company, do not try to harm the company, do not even try to run away with the company's stuff. The moment you signed that papers, your literal ass is the company's now. Try to start shit and you WILL be taken out the back and shot then have your body dissected for scientific purposes. They didn't give you any uniforms, but slapped a big patch onto your existing cloths with the same emblem/icon as their own, says it's Akras's logo and you're told to keep them on you and visible at all times.

Ratodx nods along and signs where needed, keeping quiet for the most part. Just like home, making sure it's known that the Clan won't tolerate unsubtle bullshittery.

Then it's down to the showers, where you were sprayed by the mass with both hot and cold water using high-powered sprinklers, then air-dried for several minutes with turbines in the walls. It was very scary and confusing but you were assured that it's harmless and they just wanted to 'decontaminate' you, whatever that meant.

Ratodx sends a few glares at where the blasting came from while trying to keep himself steady. Seems like bullfuckery tolerance is only a one way path.

Afterwards each one of you were led as four long lines through a building, the inside were the whitest and brightest you've ever experienced in your life, there were more humans there in white garbs and coats, wearing masks over their mouths and noses. Once it was your turn, you were told by the human in white to stick your arm inside some sort of an opening to a contraption, it was even scarier than the showers but they were at least honest and said that this is going to hurt. But it was for your own good as this will also vaccinate you to keep you from dying over modern super-evolved diseases.

The idea of not dying to diseases was nice, but didn't stop Ratodx's grimace from the injections.

The whole process only took five seconds, but boy did it hurt. Once it was done, you removed your arm from the contraption to find a new tattoo on it! They said this was to further identify you. You guess that must be right, since you've never seen such Tattoos before.
Spoiler: Tattoo (click to show/hide)

Ratodx rubbed the newly tattooed area some to try to help work the pain away as he followed along in line.

Once done, you were moved through to the next room inside the same building, which you admit is one of the largest structure you've ever seen in your life and it's still not even the biggest one inside the new compound. Each one of you were handed what looked like a shiny metal ingot about the size of your palm, but it's far too light to be metal. Then some sort of a small rectangular box of the same size, they're both very colourful to your eyes. With the Ingot having an image of an honestly delicious-looking soup with chunky meat cubes in it and the box an image of a translucent mug of sort with golden yellowish liquid inside, if it weren't for it being surrounded by apples, you might've been alarmed. It appears to come with it's own tube of sort and the top have a small target-like circle that seems weaker than the rest of the box itself. Of course, there are some sort of letters on them but you couldn't read Terran.
After you were handed the ingot and bar, you were ushered off and separated into groups and given designations. The PC are Designated Auxiliary Gate Team 47 or AGT.0047 and are told to remember it.
And this is where they said that you'll be meeting your Terran handlers, and will be where Terran PCs have been told to wait for their Auxiliary attachment.
Everyone is now together in the same spot inside the Logistics building, your first given task is to head to your assigned squad room, learn how to cook and consume the given ingot and box, familiarize yourselves with the equipment for general living inside said room such as the microwave, fridge, showers, sink, water boiler, etc and learn the layout between your squad room, the logistics building and mission control building. The Terran PCs are assigned with teaching your new Gaian squadmates how to live like a normal Terran human being. Your rooms are expected to stay relatively clean, laundry is twice a week and trash incineration is every sunday.
Post-Adjustment briefings starts tomorrow morning, do not be late.

Ratodx is dropped off by Security to see a Terran being comforted by an elf, a human and an elf looking on, and an elf sitting on a bed. He decides to wait to see if they'll try to kill him before going much further in the room.
I like. Arcanism uses Will by the way for casting. Occultism uses Int. Otherwise good.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 02:38:44 pm by Kevak »

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 30, 2016, 02:58:50 pm »

Pulling himself together, Amadou attends to the newcomers.
"I'm sorry for looking so distraught, it's hard to be at one's best when all their family is flying straight into a battlefield; those who've arrived earlier have a faint idea of how destructive our weapons can be.
Where were you two? Never mind, let me give you the tour."

Again, show them around the place, give the basics on electricity, demonstrate how to operating the appliances with all due warnings about the microwave. Finding garbage inside it, he facepalms with a sigh and shows the garbage chute, asking them to keep the place clean both out of respect for the others who must share the same area, and to avoid punishment if they fall afoul of a quarters inspection. Show them the toilets, demonstrate their use, introduce them to the showers and explain that they will take at least a bath per day.
Tell them again how intuitive the controls for household appliances are and how they'll soon stop noticing that they're pressing buttons and flicking switches.
Sit them down before the screen wall, and play the previous video selections while making a running commentary.

"So, any doubts?"
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 30, 2016, 04:16:49 pm »

For those who haven't read goblin fluff, imagine a cross between a termite, a mosquito, and a horse fly, enlarged and uplifted to be the size of a hobbit, maybe a bit bigger. That is what Goblins are culturally as perceived by literally all other Gaian races. Or at least those present.

Presuming that the Gaians don't "start shit" per corporate policy, the below happens.
_______

Ratodx (read: rat-ox) is a bit surprised to say the least when the Terran begins the tour and none of the Gaians seem to do anything. To say that he's on edge is a bit of an understatement. When...Amadou? gets into electricity, Ratodx finds himself paying full attention and has quite a few questions about how the electrical systems work. By the time the videos finished, images of Lightning Guns and Electric Explosions were dancing through his head.

Ratodx starts a bit at Amadou's question. "Sorry, say again? I dozed off a bit, what was the question? Or the question behind the question?"
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 30, 2016, 04:30:15 pm »

"Oh, is your people normally interested in semantics? Let's see, 'the question behind the question'? Hmmm... I'd say it isn't a question at all, but a statement that I'm aware that you still know so little about us that you don't even know what to ask, and that I'm certain that is to change soon."

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 30, 2016, 04:57:50 pm »

Melnakos looks over at the newcomer and waves.  Hello there my name is Melnakos vis Stridan. I hope I don't offend you with my questions as I did with our human friends and that we can learn much together.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:52:13 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 30, 2016, 05:09:23 pm »

"Heh, when it comes to semantics it's more of a question of who we're trying to past the buck to. I meant, what might we be doubting? I suppose it's just word choice or semantics like you said."

"I suppose the biggest questions I have right now are, is there a place where I can try to tear apart a 'mircowave' without Akras getting too huffed up about it, how does a refrigerator use electricity to make things cold, and what are we supposed to do with these things?"
With the last question, Ratodx shakes the not-ignot and yellow fluid imaged box in his hands for emphasis.
______

At the elf's apparent cordialness, Ratodx is rather surprised. "I'm called Ratodx. If you have any questions of me I'll be content with equal trade. If that suits you then ask away."
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 30, 2016, 05:18:39 pm »

For everyone else, your Terran handler seems to be showing his moment of weakness and despair!

Perhaps if you thought of asserting dominance and show who's the Alpha here, now would be the time?

Would you see this as your apparent leader showing signs of weakness?

does this bothers you? do you say/do anything?

Stay out of it. The leader gets blamed for any missteps, so I don't want to be the leader. If I have an idea I'll share it, but it's not going to be my head on the block.
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 30, 2016, 05:27:47 pm »

"Those are food containers," and Amadou explains how to prepare the stew and shows the other meal packs, reminding all that they're rationed. "As for the other questions, I see you'll soon end up tinkering in R&D. For now please don't take anything apart until you actually know what you're doing, or you might injure, maim or even kill yourself or one of us; when you do know what you're doing, you can go do it on R&D, I'm certain they'll love to help your tinkering.
I think it'll be for the best if you all learned to read our language, the sooner the better; that way you can then research more about us and our technology on your own. Let me see if I can find a literacy primer..."
He goes to the video screen console and starts a search, choosing a primer for adults and placing it as a shortcut on the main control panel.
"Please gather around and pay attention. I'd like you to learn as soon as possible, so you can watch this as many times as you wish whenever the screen isn't needed for something more important. To simplify, I've put it here, see, and this is how you open it, and it starts."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:36:43 pm by Maegil »

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 30, 2016, 05:44:08 pm »

Using Amadou's instructions, Ratodx sets his stew up and sets the microwave up to cook it and then pays close attention to how Amadou uses the console as well as which buttons and icons he presses.

"R N D, huh. Any idea how long it'll take for us to get a chance to head over there?"

"Terran doesn't look too hard to decipher. With a bit of practice..."
Ratodx continues mumbling to himself while trying to take the language in. The sooner he can learn how this works, the sooner he can begin to make microwaves explode, which means the sooner he can use microwaves to explode other things.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 30, 2016, 06:03:28 pm »

Disregarding the instruction to use a water boiler to cook the stew, your residential goblin opt to use the Microwave to cook his stew bar instead.

This normally should only maybe cause a mess as the condensed brought pops and explodes from radiation,

Normally. What isn't normal is when the Microwave itself explodes, it's door thrown off it's hinges, bits of plastic and plexiglass showering everyone in the back as they all crowded themselves near Amadou to look at the instruction program.

The hot, boiling pesudo-stew followed. Adding insult to the injury as the sticky, almost glue-like substance that was semi-burnt clings onto your cloths and exposed flesh, burning it with horrible pain. Everyone present in the room got showered by the improvised incendiary explosion!

None of the elves made their Con saves and have been knocked onto the floor writhing in a mess of pain, rolling ongoing saves to not piss yourselves.

Amadou didn't fail his save, however. But the pain is just so damned intense you could almost forget about how your entire family is flying into a battlefield.

Hilariously, the room-wide shrapnel of soup, plastic and plexiglass somehow managed to completely miss Ratodx.

Fuckkin' Gobbos, I tell you.
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 30, 2016, 06:07:47 pm »

"R N D, huh. Any idea how long it'll take for us to get a chance to head over there?"

"Terran doesn't look too hard to decipher. With a bit of practice..."
Amadou shrugs, "that'll depend on you. When you understand our technology enough to suggest a project that I deem viable, I'll take you there and back you up."
Ninja'd
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:19:22 pm by Maegil »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 30, 2016, 06:11:32 pm »

I guess learning Terran wouldn't hurt. . . don't expect me to become some kind of scholar though
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 30, 2016, 06:14:41 pm »

Ratodz watches the elves writh on the ground. "Huh. I don't think that was supposed to happen." He addresses the obviously in pain Amadou. "Should we call for some sort of help or?"

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 30, 2016, 06:22:25 pm »

Cursing, Amadou sticks whatever part scalding under the tap to cool the goo, soaks the dish cloth and cools the goo on the others with it. He thinks on telling the goblin to clean up the mess while he takes the others to the infirmary, but thinks better and decides against it - the goblin is to come too.
"Right, I know... you said you were fucking dozed off during my explanations. Now, do you see WHY you must learn about technology before messing with it?"

Amadou starts thinking on how the hell is he going to explain this on the injuries report, and then the accident report, and the repair requisition form... It'll probably be better to say that the brand-new microwave was faulty and let QC worry about it; it probably was, too, it shouldn't have exploded like if it had actual explosives inside.

He considers the situation and thinks it shameful that the corporate world forces people to reason like fucking bureaucrats, but what choice does one have?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 07:04:21 pm by Maegil »

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 201