Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 201

Author Topic: Castle: New squad and the never ending wait for the next GM post.  (Read 154524 times)

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
Re: Castle: New squad beginning!
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2016, 09:59:42 pm »

I always thought your race should probably focus more on solving your dysfunctional society and lack of progress than mocking Humans or it would be crushed within a century. I admit now that I was wrong. Now that Akras is involved it will be two decades tops. How's it feel to be an accomplice to the end of your race's freedom on Gaia? I for one feel great."
"Sorry, but if we decided on genocide it wouldn't take twenty years. More likely, in two weeks Akras' biolabs would have a gene-kill virus, a selective disease with a short incubation, capable of contaminating and spreading from all animals but only lethal to Elves. A long asymptomatic contagious phase to ensure that it'd spread to the entire population, taking maybe a few months or even a year before killing the infected elves. I'd say that in two years there wouldn't be an elf left alive in all Gaia - except those working for us, who'd get a vaccine.
That would, of course, be something to be done only if the Elves as a species prove to be too obnoxious and uncooperative. If they're actually too violent and intractable to be humane about it, we could make the contagious phase much shorter and disabling to prevent them from fighting us, even if this disease probably wouldn't reach every last one with just one application. In this case, I'd say that seven or eight out of each ten would die on a first application, and it'd take another one or three to ensure the complete extinction of the Elven species."

"I like you. Ooh, this is going to be so much fun, I can't wait. Well, I can, but the sooner we finish our missions the sooner I can get a better body."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

KaineFisher

• Bay Watcher
  • For fun and profit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2016, 10:01:22 pm »

Dexter seems uneasy as Amadou finishes his presentation.

Well, your species certainly has perfected many ways to kill each other.
However, I would like to make one thing clear. The last person who threatened me barely escaped with his life.

"The last person to threaten me didn't. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll do better now that you're on the team."
Power is how much control you have over your current situation.

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2016, 10:02:14 pm »

The deadliest enemy are often the ones you can't see, after all.

Diseases kills far more than any type of weapons ever invented, especially in areas without modern medicine.

You've some free time now, might be a good idea to correct the elves on how to prepare the meaty creamy instant soup and how they shouldn't add ice-cold apple juice immediately afterwards.

At least it's something to do while waiting for your late member, where the hell are they anyway?
Jon was the little sherman who could until he got hit by a repurposed tank gun.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
  • I _drink_ stuff older than you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2016, 10:10:18 pm »

Dexter seems uneasy as Amadou finishes his presentation.
Well, your species certainly has perfected many ways to kill each other.
However, I would like to make one thing clear. The last person who threatened me barely escaped with his life.
"You misunderstand me. I'm a healer, my vocation runs to helping others; personally I'm nearly useless in a fight, but I'm perfectly aware of my species' penchant for violence. These weren't threats, they were statements of fact - this is of what Terrans are capable.

Well, is anyone hungry after this video session?"
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 10:11:59 pm by Maegil »
What does Maegil have in common with a frag grenade?
Answer: does not suffer fools gladly.

Your friendly mysanthropic machete-toting sail-sailing sailor nut job.
Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2016, 10:23:32 pm »

"You misunderstand me. I'm a healer, my vocation runs to helping others; personally I'm nearly useless in a fight, but I'm perfectly aware of my species' penchant for violence. These weren't threats, they were statements of fact - this is of what Terrans are capable.

Well, is anyone hungry after this video session?"

I see. In that case, I need to apologize. Is there something I could do to make it up to you?
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2016, 10:29:20 pm »

"Actually yes: be friendly to your team mates and show them the respect they deserve.
It's all right to banter with or even prank your friends, but mind not to let the level drop too much.

Now, let me see what's in the fridge..."

Also, a Serial Editor. Just in case, do check my previous post to see if I didn't change or added to it. I do that, a lot...

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2016, 10:42:15 pm »

Being a new gates team room, the fridge is empty save for free water bottles.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2016, 11:09:10 pm »

"Damn, and they didn't give me a ration... You know what, I'm going to the quartermaster to get some food; anyone wants to come?"

If everybody decide to come along, ping security to accept a package from the labs for me, and to tell the latecomer where to find me.
Requisition a ration to myself for today, and at least three days of food for the entire team; also ask for some addictive junk food to introduce the others to Terran culture.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 11:11:53 pm by Maegil »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2016, 11:36:27 pm »

Sure I will go with you. I don't understand though? I wasn't trying to insult you. I just wanted to learn more about you humans. I never saw a human before hearing about and deciding to join Arkas. Although my teacher used to say that I need to learn to keep my mouth shut and to try and understand other's emotions but I don't see why people get offended by my questions. Thank you for educating me about the tendency towards violence that Terrains have. I don't really like my kin's way of life either.

Melnakos goes with Amadou.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:56:24 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2016, 07:16:48 am »

Thank you for your forgiveness. I will endeavor to be friendly.
And yes, I think I will join you, though I've already eaten.
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 29, 2016, 12:16:27 pm »

"Damn, and they didn't give me a ration... You know what, I'm going to the quartermaster to get some food; anyone wants to come?"

If everybody decide to come along, ping security to accept a package from the labs for me, and to tell the latecomer where to find me.
Requisition a ration to myself for today, and at least three days of food for the entire team; also ask for some addictive junk food to introduce the others to Terran culture.

You lead the Gaian under your care to the Quartermaster in logistics, colour-coded for easy understandings to those who don't read Terrans.

As you are inside the compound, you were given three boxes that would be the perfect size to put someone's head inside, they're quite heavy. Each box meant to be a day's worth of food for an entire Gate team of six, with six breakfast nutrient bar that's meaty and tastes very much like delicious smoked bacon using REAL labgrown meat! along with orange juice boxes and a 250ml bottled water for each person.

Six lunch nutrient bars that's essentially a high-carb sandwich substitute, very condensed and engineered to be as filling as few bites as physically possible. Meant to be eaten on the go along with another 250ml bottled water and boxes of apple juice to wash it down.

Six dinner instant stew bars that could be boiled together or individually, exactly the same one as the one Dexter botched up earlier as well as more 250ml bottled waters that should be enough for them if you boil it. Grape juice boxes.

All of this together makes the squad's daily food box quite heavy. A man may be able to carry two, three if they're careful while an elf would probably not want to try carrying more than one at a time. This makes gate teams reliant on vehicular support or a MULE drone, but also greatly increases one's operation time significantly. You wouldn't need so much supplies if you're being sent on a light mission with the estimated time of 3 - 6 hours, though. Just a bar of food and one or two canteens of drinks each.

You also asked for your daily ration and was handed the instant stew bar, the very same that Dexter fucked up. Be know that trying to directly bite the thing is going to make your throat feel like the fucking Sahara desert and the quarter master probably expects you to go cook it at your room or something.

you can choose a box of juice to take with as well, they're free. One per person per Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner, though. Might be a good idea to have your team take one as well even if they don't want to drink it right now since hey, free drinks!

--

While foodstuff is being handled, you notices that same Dragon you saw earlier comes flying back, grabs a drink container from logistics open-air storage unit then flies away again.

Crazy ass Foxhound and their Crazy ass dragon.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:20:05 pm by vkiNm »

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 29, 2016, 12:30:06 pm »

Dexter takes as many juice boxes as he can fit in his pockets.

This 'geeyues' stuff is pretty good.

Glory to United Forenia!

vkiNm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 29, 2016, 12:38:02 pm »

"Hey! You! One only!" The lady overlooking the juice stand said to Dexter. You're not sure if she's angry or yelling or thinks you're deaf, but from the way she's flailing her arms about, you might want to either return all but one box or start to run.

Like, right now.

Maegil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:45 pm »

"Please return those, it's only one for each. That's why they're called rations, you know - they're literally rationed."
Tell the quartermaster clerk to adjust her stock lists to account for the box the dragon just carried off. Thank her and get a box of zombie orange juice. Divide the load, and start back to the living quarters, commenting that next time I should bring the trike.

Wonder about what may be delaying the other team member so much.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 01:19:03 pm by Maegil »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 29, 2016, 01:08:03 pm »

Melnakos takes a juice box then goes to help take our supplies back.

So Amadou do you have any family? If so what are human families like?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:56:57 pm by Prophet »
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 201