Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 881025 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 9th January
« Reply #585 on: January 09, 2018, 08:48:53 am »

No, that's some pixel artefacts. I usually test with granite, it wasnt that visible with dark grey bridges.

Ballista is fine... the center tile is a TWBT bug, with the item (ammo) on top of the center ballista tile. It reverts back to no override. :/ Nothing I can do about that.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 09, 2018, 08:52:56 am »

A real fance dorf has gold bridges :P
Of so I will default back to the bridge as it was in 1.91 in a separate file as this fits better to my style, thanks for the clarification :D

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 09, 2018, 08:54:30 am »

I've been copying my saves over to the new versions since 1.75 and some things get fixed (like the look of the zones and designations) and some don't (like I don't have Vordak's dwarves just the original ones). I guess I need to generate a new world for everything to work properly?

Also a weird thing happened, I was trying to get a friend to play DF. He has a big monitor with resolution over 1920 x 1080 and when he tried to run 1.91 with all the default settings (so full screen mode for example), everything crashed and suddenly his computer didn't recognise the monitor as bigger res than 1920 x 1080. We're not sure if it was DF or just a coincidence, but I thought you'd like to know.
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #588 on: January 09, 2018, 08:54:43 am »

Finally found some undeads...

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #589 on: January 09, 2018, 08:57:43 am »

(like I don't have Vordak's dwarves just the original ones)
That's because you copied into the folder, instead of replacing the folder. The original files are still in there. They didnt get replaced, since they are named differently. No need to gen a world for those. Just delete graphics_Meph_dwarves.txt and/or graphics_dwarves.txt. They are the active ones because they are sorted alphabetically (and V in vordak comes fairly late).

Your friend needs to disable dpi scaling on the exe. At least if it's a windows OS.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 09, 2018, 09:06:03 am »

oh, i get it. i will have to adapt the tiles then because it just looks a little weird in the forts I usually build :D
Spoiler: bridge screenshot (click to show/hide)
You may also notice the small darker edge in the right lower corner of each bridge. Is this also intended?

And I seem to have messed up the ballista too :D

That's a cool effect. I can't figure out how he managed it. The tile between the two bridges somehow matches with the tile above it to make it look like it's at a lower elevation than the bridge next to it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #591 on: January 09, 2018, 09:16:34 am »

The 4 bridge-end tiles have a black gradient. It's actually quite simple, but I usually can't use it because DF doesn't know directions. For bridges it's ok, but it only works on the 1-tile wide bridges.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 09, 2018, 09:42:05 am »

No, that's some pixel artefacts. I usually test with granite, it wasnt that visible with dark grey bridges.

Ballista is fine... the center tile is a TWBT bug, with the item (ammo) on top of the center ballista tile. It reverts back to no override. :/ Nothing I can do about that.

I wonder if this happens when workshop transparency is off. I think the ballista might technically be a workshop.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 09, 2018, 09:45:10 am »

easy to test.... aaaaaand no, ballista looks the same with and without workshop transparency

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 09, 2018, 09:49:41 am »

Oh no! And now the game crashes randomly! T_T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #595 on: January 09, 2018, 09:50:29 am »

Haha, I've found a solution to the inverted text:

Mrok Girl: What exactly do you mean? The save that you altered? Or a newly generated world with the default download? Any errorlog?

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: January 09, 2018, 10:00:02 am »

This is on the save I copied but before I had the chance to alter it. The game was paused and I was moving around the map setting constructions and the like when suddenly everything closed. The errorlog.txt file only has:
Code: [Select]
removed erroneous unit occupancy flag

Edit: I'm uploading my latest save but it will take a while. Also, it started crashing in v. 1.91, I thought when I copy to v. 2 it will stop but apparently not :/
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:04:07 am by Mrok Girl »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 09, 2018, 10:02:04 am »

@Meph,

Which colorset do you actually use? if I use the colors.txt out of the init folder the fields have a very yellowish color, water is unnaturally blue, same as cobaltine.

@Mrok:
Random crashes can occur without any info in the errorlog. there is also the stderr.log/stderr.txt which comes from dfhack as far as I know, maybe they contain more info.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 10:03:46 am by Novaris »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #598 on: January 09, 2018, 10:03:42 am »

try typing season-palette disable into dfhack. ;)

Mrok Girl: Strange. No idea what might cause it. Usually it's multilevel view, at least so I've been told. Try setting it to lower than the default 10.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 09, 2018, 10:05:12 am »

Mrok Girl: Strange. No idea what might cause it. Usually it's multilevel view, at least so I've been told. Try setting it to lower than the default 10.

Where do I do that?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 187