Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876486 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also played around with the stockpile tile and as I only build fortresses out of stone and all my floors are usually smoothed or constructed I came up with this tile:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
notice the faint image of a box engraved in the floor tile. I think it looks quite neat and isn't so prominent as the original stockpile tile.

I can only barely tell there is something there. I don't think I would like that in my fort :(
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

How about like this?

Left: Engraving designation tile.
Right: Stockpile. I simply added a border/shading to it.

Other new stuff I've been working on:

Floodgates, vertical bars, floor bars, wall grate, support (should look like scaffolding, not really happy with it), new craftsmen workshop tile.
Weapon trap, pressure plate, cage trap, stonefall trap, hive, remains, new still tile, new craftsmen workshop tile.
Roc nest, new jewelers tiles (one looks a bit like a wall because it's impassable), tanner gets green color back, loom gets magenta/red color back, slade pillar, track-end designation.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried using folder diff to put the Vordak dwarves (changes from 1.75 to 1.91) and it didn't work, so I replaced my DF entirely and moved saves over, still see Meph dwarves instead of Vordak dwarves. Does using the new dwarves require a new world gen or am I being a Kobold about this somehow?

EDIT: The border on the stockpile makes it pop, I like that.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I removed my border around it as I wanted to avoid to make it pop so, yeah, I like both versions :)

as for the scaffolding: maybe a simple wood floor and a ladder thorugh it?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Old stockpile tiles is better.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 11:42:06 pm by Vordak »

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Here is my poor man's attempt at a scaffold:

It's a little busy maybe, would have to see in a real situation. But you are welcome to use it if you want, or not, whatevs.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried using folder diff to put the Vordak dwarves (changes from 1.75 to 1.91) and it didn't work, so I replaced my DF entirely and moved saves over, still see Meph dwarves instead of Vordak dwarves. Does using the new dwarves require a new world gen or am I being a Kobold about this somehow?

You need to replace the graphics folder in your save file (located at /data/save/regionx/raw/graphics/) with the updated /raw/graphics/ folder from the latest Meph.

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You need to replace the graphics folder in your save file (located at /data/save/regionx/raw/graphics/) with the updated /raw/graphics/ folder from the latest Meph.

Thank you, I for some reason thought only raws had to be done that way.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I actually consider un-doing a few of the overrides, because of the carried-item display-bug. I only managed to trick the tools and give them all a "being-carried" graphics. I can't do that with the furniture for example. :/

Isher: They are raws. ;) There is raw/objects and raw/graphics. I think most people mean the objects when they speak of raws.

The support you posted looks great, I'll give it a try.

Novaris: I don't think a ladder whould fit. It's a support, (sometimes renamed to pillar ingame), the things you build to deconstruct with a lever.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, my bad, I thouht you wanted something that looks like scaffolding, not a pillar or roof support. I'll think about something.

As for the hauling issue: I would rather have a nice looking tile when the item is on the floor or contructed than put emphasis on the hauling image because the ratio of the time my dwarf spend hauling them compared to their storage or construction time is just to small to make it worth the effort.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I actually consider un-doing a few of the overrides, because of the carried-item display-bug.
That's too bad that items being hauled can't use overrides. I tried to guess which tiles are affected by this. There's 53 items listed in the table below, but I'm not completely sure if all of them can be carried.

Spoiler: possible carried items (click to show/hide)

Another tile that might not be overrideable is tile 226 (for symbol for the unit of weight). I'm not sure where this is used or if the TWBT font tilesheet overrides that or not. I'm guessing it is used somewhere in a Z-menu or maybe on the caravan trading screen?

I only managed to trick the tools and give them all a "being-carried" graphics. I can't do that with the furniture for example. :/

Now I understand why all your tools use tile 255.

Isher: They are raws. ;) There is raw/objects and raw/graphics. I think most people mean the objects when they speak of raws.

I try to remember to call them objects files when I'm not also talking about the graphics.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 6th January
« Reply #581 on: January 09, 2018, 06:44:21 am »

Update! - All around improvements

This update adds a lot of minor changes that add up. The biggest change is the addition of unique tile for each trap: Stonefall traps, Weapon traps, Cage traps and pressure plates now look very different from each other.

I also made a lot of terrain blend into each other better, like marble/dolomite, hives, gems, etc.

The last remaining buildings got their unique tiles: Supports, build hives, gem floodgates, vertical and floor bars, wall grates.

Added transparent background to all fruits, plants, nuts, and another 150 creatures or so. Also ~100 new zombie sprites.

A few fixes made their way into it as well, especially the microvermin swarm problem is fixed, as well as the track-end-designation tiles.

I made alttiles (animation) for 7 more vermin types.

Engraving and undeads got new status icons too.

Here a preview:

Changelog:
 - Added hidden-spear/spikes trap sprite.
 - Added unique sprites for stonefall-traps, weapon-traps, cage-traps and pressure plates.
 - Saplings and dead saplings blend in with the grass better.
 - Added about 100 more child/zombie creatures sprites.
 - Gave about 150 more creatures transparent backgrounds.
 - Gave all plants transparent backgrounds.
 - Gave tree leaves slightly off-set green tones, for more varied view of forests.
 - Windmill got a nicer background.
 - Gave all fruits/nuts transparent backgrounds.
 - Gave axles/gears transparent backgrounds.
 - Bridge-ends look nicer.
 - Fixed tracks on ramps.
 - Constructed stairs got a nicer background.
 - Added sprite for slade pillars.
 - Improved several workshop tiles (Jeweler, Still, Craftsman)
 - Made flies, mosquitoes etc microvermin again. Even if it's all the same tile, at least no issues with remains.
 - Made roots blend in better.
 - Made soil floors blend in better.
 - Made gem blend in better.
 - Fixed the 4 track-end carving designation tiles.
 - Added a unique tile for vermin remains.
 - Redid the tiles for depot-wagon access.
 - Added a unique tile for build hives.
 - Added a unique tile for supports.
 - Added a unique tile for wall grates.
 - Added a unique tile for vertical bars.
 - Fixed Gem floodgate tile.
 - Added unique tiles for wood floodgate, gem floodgate and floodgate (stone/metal)
 - Mechanisms look like mechanisms while being carried.
 - Animated 7 more vermin sprites (bats, lizards, creepy-crawlers, bees, spiders, toads, fire snakes)
 - Fixed wrong mushroom-ramp tile on giant mushrooms.
 - Made some minerals blend in more.
 - Made coal icon darker.
 - Added new status icon for undead.
 - Added new statues icon for engraving designations.

Credits: Special thanks to Isher for the support tile. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:59:05 am by Meph »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 9th January
« Reply #582 on: January 09, 2018, 08:21:26 am »

Is it just because I modified the files or do single-tile wide bridge endings not work properly? they seem to be black on one side rather than fading into the background tile.

Also, the transparency-map of the earrings is a white tile instead of the shape of the earring so the game show a black background. :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:27:36 am by Novaris »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #583 on: January 09, 2018, 08:26:32 am »

That's how it supposed to look. I wanted to give them a bit of a gradient for a 2.5D effect.

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 09, 2018, 08:33:49 am »

oh, i get it. i will have to adapt the tiles then because it just looks a little weird in the forts I usually build :D

You may also notice the small darker edge in the right lower corner of each bridge. Is this also intended?

And I seem to have messed up the ballista too :D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 08:37:09 am by Novaris »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 187