Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876471 times)

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.75 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 28th Dec
« Reply #345 on: December 30, 2017, 06:15:43 pm »

I'm almost 3 years into my fortress with 1.75 and wanted to say thanks for this awesome set and thanks to Vordak for all the dwarfy Dwarves.
The recent changes to cavern 2 and evil region look gorgeous!
Uh, could you please upload a save? I'm super curious how it looks. Any issues?
I'm not at my pc right now but I will upload a save tomorrow.

The only issues I got are some corpse parts that look like constuction designations, wagons from traders don't look like the wagon you start with but like brown static smoke tiles and items often have wrong tiles during hauling jobs.

Oh and one bigger issue... after putting an artifact on a display case, the display case now looks like a slightly darker normal floor and the artifact is invisible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #346 on: December 30, 2017, 06:50:15 pm »

Your pack looks gorgeous down in the earth where everything can be smoothed and lovely, but I seem to have a bone to pick with most large-res packs like this in regards to surface stuff, where grass/trees/etc collide with the solid backgrounds of units or other tiles in a really unsettling way. Is there a way past this, design wise, in your experience? Your unit sprites are gorgeous, I just wish the surface tiles meshed more happily.
Mifki was working on creature transparency, but currently nothing is possible besides using a dark-grey neutral background.

Oh and one bigger issue... after putting an artifact on a display case, the display case now looks like a slightly darker normal floor and the artifact is invisible.
Oh, I didn't know that they change their look when something is in them. If you have one of those in the save, please point it out to me. Might be a TWBT issue, when a transparent item is on top of an override tile.

The hauling I can't fix. Item carried use their original tile.

Corpses I'd be happy to have a look at. They are hard to come by, when I start my little test forts, since I cant spawn them with dfhack.

Wagon... damn. That's good to know, but also quite bad. The embark wagon counts as building, so the override works. Visiting wagons count as creatures, no override possible. :/ They dont even use creature sprites, nor a creature tile... it's hardcoded to tile:178. Silly, it's used for smoke, miasma, dust, ocean foam, swarms of insects, fallen leaves and the wagon...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 30, 2017, 08:11:41 pm »

I don't know if it's causing it, but the wagon is a 24x24 image while the text file for it lists it as a 32x32 image. Maybe this is causing it to fallback to the main tilesheet?

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 30, 2017, 09:17:21 pm »

FWIW I'd really love a barebones version of this :D

(also I'll have mobile internet maybe once more before Jan ~8, so no rush and don't expect quick responses from me ;) )
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #349 on: December 31, 2017, 01:49:50 am »

I don't know if it's causing it, but the wagon is a 24x24 image while the text file for it lists it as a 32x32 image. Maybe this is causing it to fallback to the main tilesheet?
The 24x version in the graphics folder isnt used for wagons in vanilla DF at all.

There are three types of wagons in the game:
 - Embark, a building. This one uses tile 178, but accepts overrides.
 - Multi-tile wagon, the one traders arrive with. This one uses tile 178, does not accept overrides.
 - Single-tile wagon, the actual creature from the files (if for example spawned with Dfhack). This one uses the sprite. Sadly, those wagons don't exist if not spawned by the player.

Perdidexis: Got it. :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 31, 2017, 02:42:04 am »

I'm guessing he wants a barebones version that can be safely swapped in and out of save files with vanilla raws at a later point. The Lazy Newb Pack software lets people swap these whenever, and PE might get complaints if switching graphics causes save files to behave strangely.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: December 31, 2017, 03:49:57 am »

Oh, I didn't know that they change their look when something is in them. If you have one of those in the save, please point it out to me. Might be a TWBT issue, when a transparent item is on top of an override tile.

Save file is up:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13365

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Corpses I'd be happy to have a look at. They are hard to come by, when I start my little test forts, since I cant spawn them with dfhack.
You can find lots of corpses that show some anvil tile in the south of the main entrance F1.

Another issue maybe.. if you press F2 and go the living quarters you can see lots of dwarven children and all of them flash between their normal tile and some purple variant.

F3 goes to the first cavern layer.

The save is at the exact moment an elven ambush starts. Screen is centered on them after loading.  :D
I didn't raid them, I was not at war with them and I don't know why I am now. First time in all the years I play DF that this happens.  ;D

edit off topic:
Didn't turn out well for the elves. The last strike was even to horrifying for my dwarves.  :o
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 04:40:22 am by Kromtec »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: December 31, 2017, 04:34:11 am »

i love this, but i couldn't play without the neat things from the LNP.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

somebears

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: December 31, 2017, 05:04:52 am »

you can use this with the LNP:

Either just drop the whole thing in the root Folder where the executable file lies. This allows you to select the folder when starting the LNP. The only Problem with this is, that you cannot change the Tileset and/or install Mods. And you probably want to download the new version of Legends Viewer (as the latest version of this tileset uses a newer DF version than supported by it)
If that is okay, I'd suggest this approach.

If you want to install mods/change graphic packs with the newest version of the Tileset, you have quite a bit of work to do. You need to install the new DF version as a baseline, add the new DFHack and TWBT versions to the installed Folder. Then you can add this Tileset to the Tileset Folder and it should work. Emphasis on should

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #354 on: December 31, 2017, 05:12:19 am »

Kromtec, thank you. :)

No idea about the display-case behaviour. It's pretty opaque and I dont know how/why it doesnt work.

Corpses are fixed now.

Children blink, because the second tile is "children playing make believe". I managed to remove the color from it, now it doesnt have the magenta hue.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #355 on: December 31, 2017, 07:55:36 am »

More animal sprites. Almost forgot that I never finished them. Of the 100 that were left, I now have about 50 to go...

Fish are Obsidian Souls work for the most part, and the animal men and monkey variations I based on his designs, trying to keep them similar.

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: December 31, 2017, 11:35:31 pm »

So, if I have your 1.7, what would I need to replace to get 1.75?  :)

Or should I wait a while for you to get to a natural stopping point?

- Shane

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: December 31, 2017, 11:58:40 pm »

If you take your /data/saves/ folder from Meph 1.7 and move them to the same place in Meph 1.7.5, you'd have pretty much all the new features except for the new cavern civ graphics. You can get those in your saves too by copying /raw/graphics/cavern_civ/graphics_cavern_civs.png and /raw/graphics/graphics_cavern_civs.txt to the equivalent locations in your save folders.

Acolyte

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 01, 2018, 12:33:55 am »

Thank you!

- Shane

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 01, 2018, 07:38:15 am »

Kromtec, thank you. :)

No idea about the display-case behaviour. It's pretty opaque and I dont know how/why it doesnt work.

Corpses are fixed now.

Children blink, because the second tile is "children playing make believe". I managed to remove the color from it, now it doesnt have the magenta hue.

Awesome!

I found a little inconsistency after capturing and training some dralthas.
They breeded and got a "little" draltha child.

The child is on the left, next to mother and father...  :D

Child:

Mother:

Father:

From the description, the tile used for the child would better fit for the adult dralthas
and the tile from the adults could be recolored and used for the childs. Or is this already child tile of another animal and is only wrongly used?

More animal sprites. Almost forgot that I never finished them. Of the 100 that were left, I now have about 50 to go...

Fish are Obsidian Souls work for the most part, and the animal men and monkey variations I based on his designs, trying to keep them similar.
They all look beautiful, I especially like the little pants on the monkey people.  :)

Looking at these I wonder if you will revisit some of the domestic animals after finishing up all the animals, like you did with the dogs?
Some of the domestic animals do not fit the overall style, like the yak and reindeer and some have a very odd scale, for example the chickens compared to the horses:
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:41:26 am by Kromtec »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 187