Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878441 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 9th January
« Reply #630 on: January 09, 2018, 06:20:05 pm »

Ah yes, I read that but didn't correct it at the time. Now it works.

Is the quick save supposed to give some sort of confirmation somewhere that it saved the game, or does it just happen?

Also, it used to be in the previous version of DF that when visitors came in and joined your fort for the purpose of 'soldiering' you could add them to your military squads, but I can't do it now. Anyone knows if that's intentional?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 06:58:23 pm by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #631 on: January 10, 2018, 01:46:59 am »

The alpaca turned invisible. ^^

I'm so waiting for mifki to render 3 layers on top of another instead of just 2. Yesterday I was building a fort and the constructions on plants on floor are invisible, because twbt can only show 2 tiles, but there are 3 graphics on that tile.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #632 on: January 10, 2018, 03:04:23 am »

The alpaca turned invisible. ^^

I'm so waiting for mifki to render 3 layers on top of another instead of just 2. Yesterday I was building a fort and the constructions on plants on floor are invisible, because twbt can only show 2 tiles, but there are 3 graphics on that tile.

But the top layer should always be visible. I didn't quite get is there a problem?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #633 on: January 10, 2018, 03:22:03 am »

Maybe I misunderstood you, but yes, there is a bug. Apart from the "carried items revert back to normal / not using overrides",  I had a few issues where plants override everything. Stockpile on plant, shows plant. Construction on plant, shows plant.

But seriously, the only thing that I consider any issue is that overrides revert back to the original tile if there are other objects on the same tile.

::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: January 10, 2018, 05:38:40 am »

Why is plum wood blue?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #637 on: January 10, 2018, 06:39:39 am »

I tested a few color values from Dagonmasters set. He made it very blue.

I'm now debating (internally) if I use his color values for gems, woods and stone, or if I make my own, or if I keep them.

On the one hand, it does allow more designs, is more realistic and more colorful... on the other hand, the people that like symetry and mono-colored forts will lynch me.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: January 10, 2018, 06:51:04 am »

I think I'd like to change it to Pale_Chesnut (bottom left on the table on the bottom of this page) but not sure how. I found the plum tree entry in the plant_new_tree.txt, but not sure which token needs to be changed.

Edit:

I decided to be lazy and just changed it to the Apple tree colours. Looking much better now imo. The other wood has a different colour because it's a different season.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 07:01:53 am by Mrok Girl »

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: January 10, 2018, 06:53:32 am »

I tested a few color values from Dagonmasters set. He made it very blue.

I'm now debating (internally) if I use his color values for gems, woods and stone, or if I make my own, or if I keep them.

On the one hand, it does allow more designs, is more realistic and more colorful... on the other hand, the people that like symetry and mono-colored forts will lynch me.

Personally I'm ok with having different colours for woords and stuff, just this plum is too blue for me for a regular tree. If it was an underground tree, I wouldn't mind. Other people might like it though?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: January 10, 2018, 08:25:22 am »

Ah darn, I so wanted to see some clown fun with your tileset but HFS/FB/SMB and MB don't path to your fort, they now all stick down there... :( no fun for me today

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #641 on: January 10, 2018, 08:33:45 am »

They don't? Since when?

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: January 10, 2018, 08:42:57 am »

Since this release. Something related to quester code, there is an open bugtracker for this.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10388
According to Toady its fixed in the next release coming in a few days hopefully though.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 08:58:30 am by Novaris »

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: January 10, 2018, 11:19:15 am »

Meph, by any chance do you also happen to be the orginator of the graphics of the elves used in your tileset? I want to start working on a high-elf race and reuse the graphics, maybe modifying them a little (hair color or facial color, maybe the ears or adding a halo or so :D) and it would be much easier with the sources rather than reverse engineering it in photoshop, would it be possible to get those from you?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #644 on: January 10, 2018, 11:37:10 am »

Funnily enough I just talked to someone on reddit about an elf mode. :D

Obsidian Soul made the proto-elf, a single green-clad elf peasant. I made the rest. There you go, photoshop file with elves, tools, weapons, background, etc split into layers. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13399
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 187