Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878470 times)

KoE

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.3 - 32x - 44.05 - Updated 18th January
« Reply #825 on: January 22, 2018, 03:42:14 pm »

KoE, the screenshots are really old in the first post. Sorry for that. I did give them this green border, so they blend in with grass on the surface. Sadly the pebbles on top are the same as the rock floor in dug areas, so one of them has to look odd. I can make it an option in the launcher though.

I think having it as an option would be a good idea if it's not too much trouble. It is a nice effect on surface maps with vegetation, and I can respect the idea of it giving a mossy feeling underground, but it makes for too obvious a seam / grid effect in open areas dominated by that tile. Especially aboveground on barren maps, like my current freezing tundra/mountain fort, presumably the rocky desert types, etc.

It seems like a fairly easy edit, so I can take care of myself in any case.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 22, 2018, 04:00:25 pm »

I'll try, never heard of such behaviour though.

I abandoned a copy of the fort to check the legends, and it turns out my fort is the only dwarven fortress left standing in that world. Could it be what is causing the freezes? It really feels as if the game was calculating something, since it only happens when it's running, not paused. Is it checking if I have enough population to start raiding the fort? Or spawning more dwarves somewhere?

I'm going to start a new fort in the same world on the abandoned copy, without launcher this time, and see if it happens again.
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 22, 2018, 04:03:50 pm »

If you'll fix it, please post it here.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #828 on: January 22, 2018, 08:05:03 pm »

If you'll fix it, please post it here.

Just save into your data/art folder, replace the Meph_32x32.png in there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 23, 2018, 01:20:34 am »

For reference:
https://imgur.com/a/ioEBK

And by the way, thank you Meph, amazing work!

vite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 23, 2018, 02:24:52 am »

Hey Meph, do you plan to include other mods like Dark Ages III as an addition to your pack?

falcn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 23, 2018, 03:05:40 am »

For reference:
https://imgur.com/a/ioEBK
It is probably safe to conclude that "boulder" is exclusive to surface, so it can have green outline to blend in with surrounding tiles.
edited Meph_32x32.png

Other 4 tiles are used universally, so it's a choice between better looking surface, or better looking tunnels.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #832 on: January 23, 2018, 06:29:15 am »

vite, I don't plan to include any larger mods that change game balance. Planned features are standardized materials, bugfixes... think modest mod. But Dark Ages is not even in MasterworkDF, its author doesn't allow sharing his work in other packs.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 23, 2018, 07:43:34 am »

I checked Mantis and it seems these freezes (stutters they call them there) are not just my problem. Toady One fixed a couple but clearly not all since mine is still happening. I tried some suggestions there but they didn't work so I'm thinking of uploading my save to Mantis and see what they can do.

The only thing is, how do I make my save from Meph Launcher game work on a bare vanilla DF?
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 23, 2018, 07:29:04 pm »

Question if I may.. I'm looking through the various options in the launcher, and I noticed that Goblin AI is set to "none". How does this affect them? Kobolds are set to Ambusher, Humans to Sieger.. does None mean they will use both? Or something else entirely?

Also, there is a tab for Invaders, with the Fort Defense stuffs.. but they're not listed as included on the original post. Clarify, is Fort Defense included?
Edit: I see the Fort Def RAWs, so IM going to assume they're in there. Leaving the Q though in case anyone else is uncertain.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 07:40:41 pm by Alyfox »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #835 on: January 23, 2018, 07:39:33 pm »

Fortress Defense is included.

None for the invader AI is the normal goblin AI as is in vanilla. They have "no special" AI, while kobolds/elves ambush and humans camp outside your walls.

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 23, 2018, 10:56:11 pm »

Fortress Defense is included.

None for the invader AI is the normal goblin AI as is in vanilla. They have "no special" AI, while kobolds/elves ambush and humans camp outside your walls.

Thanks Meph, I appreciate the clarification. I figured that was the case with AI, but I wasnt sure. I want to thank you, btw, for the 32x tile set. I have old eyes, and I hugely appreciate being able to see things better :D

ildabaoth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 24, 2018, 01:59:35 am »

Hi guys. First of all, thanks Meph and all the modders involved with this awesome work. Dwarf fortress is a lot better.

I'm having a small issue with the Fortress defense mod here included. I post here because I don't know if this issue also exists in the full Masterwork mod. The thing is, I've had quite a few dark stranglers sieges. Their corpses are hauled to my refuse stockpile, where they can be processed to get leather, bones, skulls and other stuff. Some parts are marked as dark stranglers bronze (or dark stranglers arms/legs bronze). It seems I can't do anything with those. They can be marked for melting, but the outcome is dark stranglers bronze which apparently is being taken back to the refuse stockpile to be melted again (automelt), but I can't craft anything with that.

I guess I could deal with this by not allowing anything dark strangler related to go to that stockpile, but it would be a half assed solution, since the landscape would be cluttered with the strangler remains all over the place. Is there something I can do so to process the dark stranglers bronze or should I atom smash them? Thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #838 on: January 24, 2018, 03:26:48 am »

Atom smash them.

The fortress defense mod is by Darkflagrance, best post such feedback in his thread. I just include the mod. In theory MasterworkDF offers a crematory workshop that clears clutter like that, but it's not included in this pack. ^^

vite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 24, 2018, 04:56:02 am »

Has anyone had that problem? I installed Dark Ages III with Meph's tileset and some of the stones/ores like Aquamarine/Heliodor/Chert are not correctly displayed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 05:21:45 am by vite »
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 187