Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876460 times)

gcook725

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.5 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 24th April
« Reply #1050 on: April 26, 2018, 04:45:50 am »

YES! Found it. The differently sized tileset versions have their own override files in TilesetExtras\graphics, because I was setting it up to use different tileset versions like Vordaks (which might need their own override files). All I had to do was update the overrides.txt in there.

Thanks for the reports. I'll do a few minor things today and upload a fix.

Victory! Good work!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1051 on: April 26, 2018, 05:55:50 am »

More good news. Vordak, the transparency works on civ-member corpses (dwarves, elves, humans, kobolds, goblins).

Sadly I can't make proper corpse-sprites for them, because the same graphic is also used for civ-members in build cages; overrides do not work for civ-member corpses either, so they will have to keep the style they have right now. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1052 on: April 26, 2018, 11:47:42 am »

Comes pre-installed with df, dfhack, twbt, a custom LNP, 12+ utilities like Therapist, Soundsense and more.

UPDATE!
 - Fixed the launcher from applying an older override file when changing tileset size/tileset font.
 - Added unique designs for following biomes: Desert, Badlands, Rocky Wasteland, Mountain, Swamp, Marsh, Scrubland, Tundra, Taiga, Tropical Dry Forest, Tropical Moist Forest, Savanna.
 - Added unique sprites for conifers.
 - Added transparency to corpses and remains. Thanks Vordak!
 - Improved a few workshop tiles. Again, thank you Vordak.

Credits: Badland sprites from Blizzards Warcraft II, a few terrain tiles from Minecraft sets by Derivation_5 and ArestiansDawn. Most I made myself.

Here the new biome styles:
Spoiler: Badlands (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Broadleaf forest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conifer forest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Moist tropical forest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Desert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grassland (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Glacier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Savanna (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mountain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tundra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marsh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Swamp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ocean (with driftwood) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rocky wasteland (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taiga (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shrubland (click to show/hide)

I'd be very happy about playtesting and screenshots. I hope they all work as intended and make embarks more unique and atmospheric. :)

PS: Now I thought about making a unique sprite for each inorganic. That's 100 for the soil/rock/minerals and another 125 for the gems. Question is: Would anyone even want that, is it useful or rather confusing?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 02:44:07 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

db48x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: April 26, 2018, 04:13:26 pm »

PS: Now I thought about making a unique sprite for each inorganic. That's 100 for the soil/rock/minerals and another 125 for the gems. Question is: Would anyone even want that, is it useful or rather confusing?

Interesting idea. Isn't the shape rather important to recognize that it's a boulder, with the color (and texture) to tell you about the material? I'm curious to see what you would come up with, at any rate.

BTW, the file "Ledgend - Color Schemes.png" mentions a "Meph" color scheme, but it's not listed in the launcher. I've always just left it set to "defaultPlus", and checked the "Seasonal Colors" and "Real Colors" options. How do these options interact, and how do they correspond to the legend?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.6 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 26th April
« Reply #1054 on: April 26, 2018, 04:49:24 pm »

Interesting idea. Isn't the shape rather important to recognize that it's a boulder, with the color (and texture) to tell you about the material? I'm curious to see what you would come up with, at any rate.

BTW, the file "Ledgend - Color Schemes.png" mentions a "Meph" color scheme, but it's not listed in the launcher. I've always just left it set to "defaultPlus", and checked the "Seasonal Colors" and "Real Colors" options. How do these options interact, and how do they correspond to the legend?
I meant the walls/terrain, not the items you get. Those are already split into unique sprites for rock, flux, coal (fuel), obsidian (sharp), ore, gem and chalk/gypsum (cask powder).

The seasonal colors overwrite the other color sets, if you pick them you automatically get the "meph" color set. Its a bit complicated, especially since I can't even tell how real-colors would affect all this, since it triggers script that I didnt write. ^^

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: April 27, 2018, 01:54:49 am »

I personally wouldn't use it, as the colours are sufficient and it'd mean many more sprites to decipher. The current sprites for stones, ores, clay etc look good and even help with gameplay.

I'm delighted by the visual diversity and atmosphere of this release! The biome styles will make farming on multi-biome embarks less confusing too.

Hylum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: April 27, 2018, 01:57:12 pm »

I personally wouldn't use it, as the colours are sufficient and it'd mean many more sprites to decipher. The current sprites for stones, ores, clay etc look good and even help with gameplay.

I'm delighted by the visual diversity and atmosphere of this release! The biome styles will make farming on multi-biome embarks less confusing too.

I Agree, its great the way it is. It could become a little overwhelming with different spits for each stone/gem type.
☼MASTERWORK☼

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: April 27, 2018, 03:03:32 pm »

I beg to differ good sir, I would love to see more inorganics, it would make identifying things easier in the medium and long term.  In the short term there will be an accustom period but we'll get over that.  There are so many sprites as it is, that a layer more won't make it more confusing. 

More is the point:  Meph is on inspirational fire at the moment, I don't want the momentum to curb.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:05:18 pm by Garfink »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1058 on: April 27, 2018, 03:19:21 pm »

Pfff... :P I'm just using the free time I have due to less flight school atm. Too much wind.

I did a few animal men profession sprites for fun, 32 in total, for the adventurers or visitors. They are: Melee unit, Ranged unit, Scholar, Entertainer.

Stoat men; Lynx men; Penguin men; Peregrine Falcon men; Kiwi men; Ostrich men; Narwhal men and Platypus men.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:21:29 pm by Meph »

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: April 27, 2018, 03:51:24 pm »

1. And again about the remains:

_MDF_trees.png:
 in _MDF_trees.png all remain tiles shifted to 1 pixel to up regarding such tiles in -top\bg. - mistake in main png.

Meph_32x32.png:
  in Meph_32x32.png tile of remain (tile #253) shifted to 1 pixel to left  regarding such tiles in -top\bg. - mistake in main png.

2. Question about overrides.txt
Spoiler: lines 2760-2775 (click to show/hide)

How can different tiles have one and the same Tile Types?
It seems like it should not and now the code is used, which is lower in the line.

3. Where I can read about what Tile Types applies to each biome?

4. Thank you very much for describing what changes you made in .png files.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:55:14 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1060 on: April 27, 2018, 03:57:15 pm »

Vordak:

1. Thanks!

2. These are the 4 floor tiles, and I don't know which floor is which. So I added each floor for each possible tile number, 4x4. Only 4 of the 16 entries are used, you are absolutely correct. I do the same sometimes for the walls corners, because there are 3 versions and I never know which ingame tile is which tiletype. If I wanted to be super correct, I'd only make 4 entries for the floors.

3. Tile types have nothing to do with the biomes. I didn't even use overrides for biomes. I simply used grass. Everything you need is in plant_grasses.txt and meph_32x32.png. That's it. No magic trickery this time.

PS: 4. How can I make it easier for you to update/help? Anything I can do?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 03:59:35 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1061 on: April 27, 2018, 03:58:10 pm »

And reptile men. Lizard men; Skink men; Chameleon men; Anole men and Iguana men. With the ones above that makes 52. :)

« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 04:05:26 pm by Meph »

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: April 27, 2018, 04:13:25 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Broadleaf forest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Conifer forest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Moist tropical forest (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Desert (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Grassland (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Glacier (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Savanna (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mountain (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tundra (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marsh (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Swamp (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Ocean (with driftwood) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rocky wasteland (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Taiga (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shrubland (click to show/hide)

I'd be very happy about playtesting and screenshots. I hope they all work as intended and make embarks more unique and atmospheric. :)

[/spoiler]
Next turn is colored trees?

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: April 27, 2018, 04:18:04 pm »

PS: 4. How can I make it easier for you to update/help? Anything I can do?

I made an almost semi-automatic update process by using layers in Photoshop. Just a brief reference in which file there were changes without specifying individual tiles.

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: April 27, 2018, 11:32:39 pm »

I got the latest version of the tileset today and noticed the granite block walls look like... a desert plant. No other mods running. Any idea how to fix that?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 187