Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876478 times)

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.6 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 26th April
« Reply #1080 on: May 01, 2018, 04:25:02 pm »

What about colored trees?
P.S.:
In a fact, I want to sliamzit' your tree raws, sorry. You know more about TWBT than me.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1081 on: May 01, 2018, 11:20:32 pm »

waterphage13: I don't know what you mean with colored trees. They already have color. I also don't know what sliamzit means, when I google it I get a couple of Russian pages...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: May 01, 2018, 11:40:47 pm »

I think Sliamzit' is слиамзить meaning "merge".

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: May 02, 2018, 02:06:26 am »

P.s. Experiments with wall rims.
Spoiler: wall rims (click to show/hide)

I really like the wall rims design, especially the top right!

Meph, just to update you on using your tileset in adventure mode: I've been playing a succession of adventures without a single crash, and it looks great! I moved over to a computer with more ram and, while the twbt glitches still occur occasionally, I've had no crashes. I enjoy exploring my fortress worlds in adventure mode occasionally, so this option makes me like this tileset even more.

A quick question, do you know whether using item token names instead of numbers is officially supported in twbt yet? I tend to mod my game quite heavily, adding small details like training versions of all weapons, civilian tool versions for all weapons (pitchforks, hatchets etc.), and using [ADJECTIVE:adjective] to add flavourful weapons to non-human entities like "Dwarven steel axe" or "Goblin iron cleaver". At the moment, this obviously throws off the numbered item overrides. The more I mod DF, the more I realise just how much time you spent on Masterwork!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:57:19 am by Dahrk »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: May 02, 2018, 02:19:04 am »

A quick question, do you know whether using item token names instead of numbers is officially supported in twbt yet? I tend to mod my game quite heavily, adding small details like training versions of all weapons, civilian tool versions for all weapons (pitchforks, hatchets etc.), and using ADJ to add flavourful weapons to non-human entities like "Dwarven steel axe" or "Goblin iron cleaver". At the moment, this obviously throws off the numbered item overrides. The more I more, the more I realise just how much time you spent on Masterwork!

It's been merged into the main TWBT branch, but there hasn't been any public builds of it that I know of.

Dahrk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: May 02, 2018, 02:42:55 am »

It's been merged into the main TWBT branch, but there hasn't been any public builds of it that I know of.

Thanks Japa, both for the info and for adding item token support in the first place! It's a big deal for those of us who like playing with modded weapons!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 04:26:09 am by Dahrk »

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: May 02, 2018, 03:48:03 am »

waterphage13: I don't know what you mean with colored trees. They already have color. I also don't know what sliamzit means, when I google it I get a couple of Russian pages...

If you have not noticed, the bark of the vast majority of trees does not look brown, like their wood. I tried to give them the colors that I saw in the pictures from Google, but it turned out slightly crappy. Since this is a basic material, it can have only one color value. I has used realcolors to get more colors with a negative value and made a palette of fifty values, but it was not enough. I hope you will deal with this matter, and I will be able to steal your work again (thank you in advance). I can give a color palette and raw files of trees.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TDcv9mL6rMyeyZW5FpNJajgGFP9V73sZ/view?usp=sharing
sliamzit'=слямзить=украсть=steal.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 10:39:56 am by waterphage13 »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1087 on: May 02, 2018, 08:16:40 am »

well, if you want to steal tree colors, check out dragonmasters set. He was all up and about with item/plant/inorganic colors.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: May 02, 2018, 09:36:49 am »

By the way, I notify you, I'm now drawing graphics for fortress defense mod - 3 out of 10 creatures have already painted for today.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: May 02, 2018, 09:37:08 am »

Stonesense also has a good selection of tree bark colors. Armok Vision does too, but they're harder to parse because you need Unity.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1090 on: May 02, 2018, 09:54:19 am »

By the way, I notify you, I'm now drawing graphics for fortress defense mod - 3 out of 10 creatures have already painted for today.
Oh, great. Do you do base models, or different military sprites?

Japa, how would I go about copying those from stonesense/armok vision? I don't have that many options to parse color data into raws.

Whoever wanted iced-sprites: I have good and bad news.

The good: It works.

The bad: It's not very smart. The screenshot shows 4 examples: Dead dwarf, dead goblin, a sword and a boulder. Sadly I couldn't make subtypes register, so all weapons will get one "frozen weapon" sprite, regardless of them being a sword, a bow or an axe. The same for creatures: Iced dwarf, iced goblin or iced cat will look the same... ANY_ENCASED:CORPSE. To make it even worse: You notice that the screenshot shows 1 boulder and 3 iced swords. That's because the dwarf and goblin were carrying weapons, and TWBT only displays one possible sprite. For arcane reasons the weapon wins over the corpse, so instead of a iced-corpse it shows the iced-weapons, because the corpse has a weapon equipped. :/

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: May 02, 2018, 09:56:34 am »

I'm not actually sure how TWBT choses to display colors, particularly rgb ones.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1092 on: May 02, 2018, 10:19:42 am »

I guess it's not really important, since Dragonmaster clearly has figured that one out.

I'll ask him about porting the color changes.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: May 02, 2018, 10:21:30 am »

Oh, great. Do you do base models, or different military sprites?
For each creature - 24 sprites with weapons, in addition +1 tile for [ANIMATED].

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1094 on: May 02, 2018, 10:24:07 am »

Going all out. :) That's good. Darkflagrance will be happy too, if he can use them for his mod.

I've ported the wall changes you send me, thanks for that. I'll now do a few "encased in ice" sprites, and see if Dragonmaster answers about the colors.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 187