Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878297 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.8 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 6th May - Wood update
« Reply #1200 on: May 06, 2018, 05:44:49 pm »

I often make a clay-gathering point for free boulders that can be used for constructions. ;) Clay-only walls, no wood, no earthenware.

Edit: Also: Mushroom walls are a lot more work than I expected. Vordak, any ideas? ^^
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:47:59 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

RadGH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: May 06, 2018, 05:59:13 pm »

I played around with some more floor tiles after realizing that engraved floors had a white background (below transparency) and smooth tiles used black. With the right combination you can have engraved tiles stand out while having smooth tiles be quite uniform.

And hey Meph, is there a way to separate smooth tiles from engraved tiles? That would be SO much better!

Here's some new floors:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Only provided the meph_32x32.png for the last example the rest you need to swap in with photoshop.

Lutteq

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: May 06, 2018, 07:34:02 pm »

Hi guys,

Is the mod updated to 44.10?

Thank you!

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: May 06, 2018, 08:45:04 pm »

It's still bundled with Dwarf Fortress v0.44.09. This pack requires DFHack and TWBT, which haven't been updated for 0.44.10 yet. The raw objects changes between 0.44.09 and 0.44.10 were pretty cosmetic, so 0.44.09 graphics packs should work fine with Dwarf Fortress v0.44.10, but it's not going to work so well unless you've got an updated version of DFHack and TWBT to go with it.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1204 on: May 07, 2018, 03:45:08 am »

The floors look cool :) The only critique I'd have is that they purely change color (like floors in ASCII), and not show actual engravings, like little icons or letters. I mean, we have 1024 pixels per sprite... should be possible to somehow get engravings in there. ^^

Gem floor:
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1205 on: May 07, 2018, 08:22:10 am »

Comes pre-installed with df, dfhack, twbt, a custom LNP, 12+ utilities like Therapist, Soundsense and more.

Flux & Clay Update!

Now all furniture and constructions build from calcite, dolomite, limestone, chalk and marble have their own style; the same counts for clay, fire-clay, silty clay, sandy clay and clay-loam constructions. Together with stone and wood sets that gives you 4 unique styles:

- Layer Rock => Your normal, smoothed fortress.
 - Flux Stone => A more expensive, lovingly carved rock design with barbicans for your outer defences.
 - Wood => Rather have your dwarves live in cozy wooden huts on the surface?
 - Soil => Or quickly pile up a dirt wall to hide behind?

Spoiler: ingame screenshot (click to show/hide)

Vordak (Please check out his extensive add-on tileset) went all-in and made military professions and sprites for all Fortress Defence races. These are optional races that you can fight with (enable in the launcher before world-gen) now have their own 32x sprites... all in all 321 new creature sprites. Thank you for your continued support!

Credits: The flux walls, just like to upcoming obsidian walls, are from Blizzards Warcraft Il. All rights reserved. I hope they don't mind me using these 23 year old sprites, since I do love Warcraft Il and its style.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 10:43:51 am by Meph »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V2.9 - 32x - 44.09 - Updated 7th May - Wood update
« Reply #1206 on: May 07, 2018, 12:15:59 pm »

Hm... not fond of the stair icons for stone flux and wood. While the arrows do tell you which is which, the up and down stairs otherwise look too similar.

The earth stairs look quite a bit better.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1207 on: May 07, 2018, 12:41:33 pm »

Hm... not fond of the stair icons for stone flux and wood. While the arrows do tell you which is which, the up and down stairs otherwise look too similar.
I can change the shading on one of them. I tried that, but didn't quite like how it looked.

Or spiral staircases:

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 07, 2018, 12:43:02 pm »

Spiral and diagonal both look good.

Another idea would be to make a ladder type deal, the way it is in Armok Vision.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1209 on: May 07, 2018, 12:57:13 pm »

Better?

I want to do ladders eventually. But stair-functionality (knowing which is up, down and up/down) is kinda important to the player, so I don't want to go too crazy on them. They have to be recognizable easily.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 07, 2018, 01:24:33 pm »

« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 01:54:44 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1211 on: May 07, 2018, 02:26:50 pm »

First test of weapon-grade metal:

Note that this one also has cages, barrels and bins. And since the screenshot was taken I fiddled a bit with the spiral staircase. Those things are tricky...

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 07, 2018, 03:41:39 pm »

I think it's useful.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 07, 2018, 03:58:34 pm »

can you make the flux constructions optional? they aren't bad for themselves, but their geometry doesnt fit to the rest of the walls.
instead of walls with barbicans, i'd rather have TWBT use different Sprites for Fortifications, making it aware of adjacent tiles and drawing the correct fortification sprite.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 04:00:59 pm by Pvt. Pirate »
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1214 on: May 07, 2018, 04:07:18 pm »

can you make the flux constructions optional? they aren't bad for themselves, but their geometry doesnt fit to the rest of the walls.
instead of walls with barbicans, i'd rather have TWBT use different Sprites for Fortifications, making it aware of adjacent tiles and drawing the correct fortification sprite.
No, sorry. If you don't want flux walls, don't use flux to build them. I added two different designs for a reason, to give players options.

DF ignore adjacent tiles sadly, otherwise I'd be all up in tapestries, carpets and the like. Especially fortifications, because they only have 1 single tile, which has to fit omnidirectional. :/

I think it's useful.

Very useful. The bottom left and center are gorgeous.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2018, 04:08:55 pm by Meph »
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 187