Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 76658 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2016, 11:52:42 pm »

((Yaaay!   The wise piece returns! :D))

syv lays on the ground, exhausted, as he waits for one of the many dangerous beings to come back for him.  Crazies with guns, darkness-loving sirens, exploding fire raiders, and psychotic teammates who just had to... stare at him.  He starts to cry, into the concrete, hopelessly lost.

Crawl under something nearby, making sure to stay very flat while doing so.  Then cry myself to sleep.

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2016, 12:39:11 am »

"Eh. Problem solved. Is no big deal." Marcus furrows his brow. "Marcus is confused. Marcus thought we were attacking in morning. Do we go now?"

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2016, 12:59:02 am »

"Yeah, yeah. We attack at morning. But I can't go to sleep now, too exited."
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2016, 05:32:44 am »

Pass time until morning, help with the plan for summoned creature under a tarp in the cart, and check those guys for loot.  They had armor, didn't they?

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2016, 04:56:41 pm »

Wait for morning. Maybe try to get some sleep. Then commence plan "hide a creature under a tarp" by summoning the snake scorpion hybrid and hiding it under the tarp in the back of the cart.

These are the stats I rolled up forever ago for that snakescorpion. Syv, MJ, and Egan were in the IRC room when I did it, as witnesses, which I feel I might need because these stats are kind of ridiculous.

Snakescorpion
Horse/Cow-sized
d10 HP: 10
3d6 stats
Str:16
Dex:14
Mind:11

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2016, 09:14:20 pm »

Hey Derm, you got an action for me here or you just gonna stand around asking questions?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2016, 02:16:30 am »

Oh, right. Seems the semi-concensus is 'wait till morning' so

Marcus and Alanna get the best shut eye they can until go time. If they can't do this, or when morning comes? assist with cart plan.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2016, 03:16:54 pm »

Everyone, except Syv who is currently sleeping in a ditch somewhere, leaves the Inn. The inn keeper shouts questions at them as they go, demanding to know whats going on and what that noise was and whats leaking through the ceiling. No one so much as even tries to offer an explanation. Instead they all march back to the hayloft in a tired clump and pass out in the hay. They wake up a few hours later, at sunrise. The hayloft has no roof, nothing to protect them from the brutal morning light shining in through the stained glass window. Worse yet, the light reflects off the aluminum grass outside and forms a massive, blinding mass of white that shines straight into the lower district like a spotlight. Despite valiant efforts of tossing, turning and covering their heads, no one can manage to sleep through the light.

Marcus and Alanna head down into the carthouse and get the promised crawler and cart, driving both of them out into the open area outside the lower district.  Though early in the morning, there are already large crowds of metal farmers gathering around the main cart house and store houses in the lower district,  and summoning some kind of magic creature into their midst would be a rather poor idea. Bethro follows, carrying the tarp, while Bill takes up the rear. Once they've gotten far enough out of town to be inconspicuous Bill digs the grimoire out of his bag.  The grimoire is quite a large book, heavily bound with leather and held closed with straps and buckles. The actual pages are nothing like a normal book, instead they are tightly folded sheets of paper that are several feet across, almost like a road map folded up and sewn into a book. Each bundle of paper is sealed shut with a red ribbon and several wax seals. Bill looks through the available bundles, squinting at the cryptic symbols pressed into the wax before deciding on the one he wants. He carefully tears it free from the twine bindings and breaks the seals before unfolding it and laying it out on the ground.  The paper depicts not a magic circle or any sort of comprehensible mystic form; instead it is a mass of overlapping shapes and colors, almost like an abstract painting mixed with random bits cut and collaged out of a geometry textbook.  For a minute or two everyone just sort of sits and waits, staring at the paper and waiting for something to happen. Bill shifts back and forth on his feet nervously, feeling very much like a cart driver with a dead horse, before he suddenly remembers something.

"AH! Wait. It needs..." he opens the grimoire back up and flips to the back cover.  In a small pocket sewn into the inside of the back cover is a tool. It looks like a capital "L" made out of silver, but a bit more curved and angled, like it was part of some sort of fancy font. He pulls the angle out and starts carefully circling around the paper. "Its here...somewhere....there!" he knees down and places the silver L down on the paper, pressing it firmly with his thumb into a matching blank space created by the intersection of several lines.  Blue sparks pour out of under the tool and ignite the paper, which burns with a neon blue-green flame. The fire spreads rapidly outward, consuming the paper but leaving the strange jumbled lines behind, each one now made of blue flame instead of ink. The lines lift from the ground and begin to move of their own accord, drifting into place and seemingly snapping onto an unseen shape. Within a few seconds the lines have come together like puzzle pieces to form a hovering line drawing of a strange chimera: A huge scorpion with pincers big enough to snip a man in half at the waist that has an equally massive hooded cobra instead of its normal stinging tail. The outline glows brighter and brighter before detonating in a soundless, heatless, blue fireball. And in its place stands the chimera it depicted, all black carapace, claws, scales and fangs.  The insect half sits motionless, but the snake half is in constant movement, twitching and looking around, darting side to side and tasting the air with a tongue as thick as a child's arm.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2016, 04:19:58 pm »

"... you can control this thing, right?"

"Marcus is certain our friend knows what he is doing! Come, let us be off. Also: do not hurt cart. Marcus will have to pay for it. MARCUS NEEDS THE MONEY."

"...Right."

Head smashing awaits! Onwards to the woods!

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2016, 04:40:12 pm »

Follow the cart, ready to explode some heads.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2016, 04:42:21 pm »

Wake up!  And then get out of this horrible, horrible town!

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2016, 04:53:57 pm »

Man, that's ugly.  Glad it's not a giant roach.

Follow the cart.  Try to be a bit more sneaky, at least as sneaky as a man in armor with a sword can be.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:38:06 pm by Devastator »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2016, 05:03:00 pm »

"Damn, this thing is badass. Alright, let's go kill us a wizard. And no biting or grabbing any of us, chimera. But you can eat anyone who attacks us, or the bandits when we find them."

Load the chimera into the cart and hide it under the tarp if it wouldn't break the cart with its weight. Otherwise, just ride the chimera. Then off we go to the woods. Keep an eye out for bandits, and keep the cart between me and the woods incase we get ambushed.

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2016, 11:57:59 pm »

((...What happens if a grimoire creature kills a wizard? Does it become a wizard? :P))
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 53