Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53

Author Topic: WIZARDS!: ZAP  (Read 76630 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS! Adventure and murder in the magical apocalypse
« Reply #285 on: January 16, 2017, 12:22:08 am »

"ALANAA! TAKE OUT THE GUNMAN!"

"There's a WALL OF FIRE in the way!"

"IS GOOD THING, BULLETS WILL BECOME TINY SPEEDING FIREBALLS! HAVE AT AAAAM!"

Marcus attempts to circumnavigate the firewall, and presumably having lost his attacking option, readies a defence.

Alanna attempts to shoot the gunman.

Spoiler: Marcus (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 01:13:35 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #286 on: January 16, 2017, 12:43:27 am »

((GIVEN THAT I'M IN CHARGE OF MY OWN CHARACTER SHEET, YOU MIGHT WANT TO SPECIFY HOW MUCH DAMAGE THAT JUST DID, LEST I DECIDE THAT IT WAS SIMPLY A VERY DRAMATIC MISS AND I'M TOTALLY UNHARMED.))
2 damage. No HP for you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: January 16, 2017, 12:49:04 am »

2 damage. No HP for you.
((It keeps happening.))

Hide behind a tree, then shoot one shell at the rifleman.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #288 on: January 16, 2017, 01:41:30 am »

I'm waiting for alanna to be the one that gets the kill shot and thus powers.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: January 16, 2017, 01:53:48 am »

She is probably the least likely to explode herself among us, at least.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: January 16, 2017, 08:45:08 am »

"Well, here goes nothing."

Jump the wall of fire and suprise them.  Go for the wizard.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:51:12 am by Devastator »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: January 16, 2017, 12:21:35 pm »

"ALANNA STOP YOUNG ADULT NOVELING RIGHT THIS INSTANT!"

"Never! It's time to take down the OPPRESSIVE GOVERNMENT!"

"ALANNA THAT ISN'T A THING EVEN."
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: January 16, 2017, 01:23:31 pm »

Sneak closer to see what the crazies are screaming about now.  Is the wizard hurting the music box guy?  Then shoot him!  Otherwise?  Hide!

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 16, 2017, 06:34:11 pm »

What would Alanna's affinity even be?

Also, am I on the waitlist or not?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 16, 2017, 06:39:12 pm »

She doesn't even get an affinity, she just gets inexplicable combat skills, gets almost immediantly recruited by a previously non-existant rebel group against a similarly nonexistant evil government and half the team abruptly turns into broody teenage boys, and then further transformed into hacked up piles of meat via enraged father.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 17, 2017, 12:53:17 am »

She doesn't even get an affinity, she just gets inexplicable combat skills, gets almost immediantly recruited by a previously non-existant rebel group against a similarly nonexistant evil government and half the team abruptly turns into broody teenage boys, and then further transformed into hacked up piles of meat via enraged father.

Still better than bunnycat.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #296 on: January 17, 2017, 12:56:18 am »

Also, am I on the waitlist or not?
Yup

I feel like theres a reference here I don't understand because I'm out of touch with the youth.

And in case this turn ends with a death or someone getting super powers, I'm going by the order that events would reasonably be happening. So people who run straight in go first, people who circle around or who were farther back to start with go after.  Here we go.

2 damage. No HP for you.
((It keeps happening.))

Hide behind a tree, then shoot one shell at the rifleman.

[6]

You leap to the side before the rifleman can get off another shot, landing on your stomach behind the nearest tree. You grit your teeth and scramble back onto your feet, pressing your back against the tree.  You shoulder your rifle, take a deep breath and lean back out. You stay out exactly long enough to point the barrel of your shotgun in the vague direction of the rifleman, squeeze the trigger and then duck back into cover. You see, from your brief moment between the bang and the hurried retreat, the rifleman stagger and you think you hear him hit the ground. But it's hard to tell between all the other shooting and yelling going on.

"ALANAA! TAKE OUT THE GUNMAN!"

"There's a WALL OF FIRE in the way!"

"IS GOOD THING, BULLETS WILL BECOME TINY SPEEDING FIREBALLS! HAVE AT AAAAM!"

Marcus attempts to circumnavigate the firewall, and presumably having lost his attacking option, readies a defence.

Alanna attempts to shoot the gunman.

Marcus sets off like a locamotive: methodically and with a great deal of clanking, huffing and perspiration. He takes off  to the left, running to try and circle around behind the wizard and avoid all the very unhelpful fire. As he trundles off Alanna runs up to a tree near Gordon and peeks out. As she looks she sees the gunman get hit, the boxes around him bursting as buckshot tears through him and shatters the wood behind him. He slumps backward onto the crates, his rifle falling from his grip. And Alanna, being a smart and ambitious girl not prone to following her father's orders when they are stupid, or ill conceived, or unhelpful, or self-destructive or...well most of them, decides to shoot the wizard instead of sinking another round into a dying man.

[7] 6 hp left
Her shot clips him, but right on the cheek. It carves a hot red gash from the tip of a cheekbone all the way across his face and blows a clean semi-circular piece out of his ear. The wizard screams and holds his face, shouting what are probably obscenities as what looks like molten iron pours from his wounds. It is at about this point that Marcus has finished his tortuous jog around the clearing and has placed himself in line to attack.

"Well, here goes nothing."

Jump the wall of fire and suprise them.  Go for the wizard.

Spoiler: Beethro Budkin (click to show/hide)
Feeling pretty cheeky with that 14 dex eh? Alright.

The best way to remove unsightly hair along the bikini line is to jump over a fire roll [2]

[8]0 hp, 11 str left, saves.

You see the fire. You see the gunman. You see the wizard. You know that there are many ways to go about this. As a smitemaster you are aware of dozens of tactical approaches to dealing with horrible monsters of all kinds.  But you are also aware of one other fact that is privy only to the most seasoned of those who wield a really big sword: Sometimes the best approach is to just fucking hit the guy. You take your really big sword in hand, point it directly in front of you, and proceed to charge forward like a madman.  You sprint towards and spring up over it, soaring like a seasoned long jumper through the flames. You land beyond them, your clothes smoldering and a heavy smell of burnt hair filling the air, and keep going. You charge sword point first into the wizard and sink the tip straight into his chest. His flimsy armor protects him enough to prevent you from running him straight through, but you cut deep regardless. The blood that pours forth onto your blade glows bright orange-yellow and lets off tiny crackling bursts of fire.

Keep an eye on the bandits with my summon senses. Circle around behind them and sneak attack the leader with both my summons and my sword

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)

Bill and the Tarantula skitter around the wizard in total silence, but the chimera cannot help but let out a hiss as it bears down upon its prey. In the end, all that means is that the wizard has time enough to turn and see whats coming for him.
[5][7][6]

Bill, riding a top the tarantula, leaps forward off its thorax and sails through the air. He draws his enchanted blade and strikes in a single motion while in mid-air. The blade sings like winter frost and cleaves straight through wizard's throat.  The burst of blood freezes into a red lion's mane around the main's head, and he has just enough time to raise his hands towards his throat in shock before the two summoned beasts descend upon him and tear him limb from limb. 

As the wizard dies Bill feels something change within him, some great twisting of power in his chest like a surge of adrenaline that flows outward across his whole body and crackles electrically along his nerves. He falls to his knees, and grips his head, the sensations of the world around him growing too bright and fierce. The universe around him rings with terrible clarity like an arcane bell, and he feels it reverberate inside him, vibrating out to his fingertips. The bare metal ground around him suddenly sprouts, an explosion of metallic grass, seedling metal trees and fragile gold foil flowers.  Bill collapses, unconcious, and the flowers grow up around him, hemming him in and hiding him beneath their glittering pedals.

BILL HAS KILLED A WIZARD! HIS POWER GROWS!

+1 HP, +1 STR, +1 Dex.
MAGIC CORRUPTS HIM, LITTLE BY LITTLE

Sneak closer to see what the crazies are screaming about now.  Is the wizard hurting the music box guy?  Then shoot him!  Otherwise?  Hide!

Spoiler: sigh (click to show/hide)
You poke your head out from behind a tree. Huh. Everything seems to have solved itself! PERFECT!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: January 17, 2017, 01:01:57 am »

"...WHAT?"

"That was fast."

"I DID NOT EVEN GET TO DO ANYTHING! This is the worst battle. HOW CAN THEY WRITE SONGS OF THIS?"

"... Bill could get a-"

"NO."

"... Could I get a song?"

Marcus makes an 'eh' motion. "Maybe a verse."

Welp, time to loot. Marcus gets as many heads as he can carry. Also devise a method to make them weigh more than they naturally do. Metal acorns jammed deep into the meat, perhaps.

Alanna loots the bodies and surroundings in general, though.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:06:49 am by Dermonster »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: January 17, 2017, 01:07:17 am »

((Here are my updated stats for posterity. Also, what is corruption, how much do I have, and what do you need me to do about it? Also, Bill for Most Valuable Bandit Killer 2017. Good teamwork.))

Spoiler: Snakescorpion (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tarantula (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bill (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 01:50:41 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Leftover Potential
    • View Profile
Re: WIZARDS!: One wizard down.
« Reply #299 on: January 17, 2017, 01:10:32 am »

"Dammit. Shoulda just shot the wizard."

Replace the single shell that I expended in that fight, then sit down and set my music box to catching and taming that skittish Sigh Pokemon.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 53